Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,088 members, 7,828,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You (9223 Views)

I Need To Leave My Confort Zone, Pls Ur Advice Will Help / John's Story: How To Navigate Office Politics / Office Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by Rubyjade: 12:48am On Jan 21, 2023
wink
DonroxyII:
I don't set to Hurt anybody But I don't Set to Get Hurt Neither ....

I Play Office Politics like Mad ... If you Dull dem go use your head break Coconut and Still leave you to Your Wraths in the Hospital while they Move on Like Nothing Happened !

Office Politics is a Must for those who wants to Climb the Corporate Ladder Nevertheless Join the Winning Team and Once Your Junior has the ears and Eyes of your Boss ... He/She is Your Boss, Play it well with Him/Her else ... You go see wheeen grin
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by Rubyjade: 12:48am On Jan 21, 2023
cheesy
Nijagogetsense:

It's not a fumble. What you listed are the traits I developed in my former place of work before I was promoted to the top. The funniest thing is that these traits are already in-built; I don't need to fake it. They came naturally...
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by Grandlord: 8:56am On Jan 21, 2023
DonroxyII:
Bro .. Aswear cool ... I'm still growing oo ... But I Learnt the Hard way sha !

learnt life lessons sha:

Be Battle Ready Don't let them catch You Weak or Unmanly even during Plays let them Feel Your Vibes no use all Ya body and mouth play cool

"Befriend with all Using Eye Services Only and

"Befriend with Non Deep Down Your Mind"

Corporate world na Street Forget the suits and ties and Posh English ... if you dull dem go hustle You, they can Kill You ... They ain't your Families Because everyone is there to Hustle ...

I don't set to hurt anyone and I'm not set to get Hurt and I'm ready to Hurt Anyone that wants to Hurt me!

Na office introduce God to Me wellwell ...

I have seen a Director who is a Paddi with CEO but on Wrong foot with CFO.. He used the CFO error to displaced his paddi CEO and CFO at a go grin ... Fiiannn like Film cheesy

He then Emerged the CEO himself grin ... His closeness to them was to get the working Operability and uses their errors to displace them by widening gaps between them and Oga at the Top grin ... Life na ! ... Betrayal everywhere!

Even when you be Oga ... Be Very careful with your inner caucus .... Some people are close to know what to use to depose You grin ...

Na Street Bro, Daily Bread things cheesy
True talk mehn. It's a cold world with cold mothafvckers out there cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by lextube: 9:12am On Jan 21, 2023
Rubyjade:
Avoid office politics at all costs."
I DISAGREE - that advice will kill your career.
You need to play office politics to succeed ❗❗

In 2015, a senior leader taught me how to 'play' the game when I was transferred to a leadership job in a new country.

- He told me who to befriend in the corporate hierarchy.
- He took me through their individual agendas.
- He gave me the best approach for each person.

When I played the game, my career skyrocketed �
When I didn’t play it, it cost me my career ❌

Here are 4 ways to ‘play the game’.

1️⃣ Understand the culture and hierarchy.

Ignorance is NOT bliss. If you want to be recognised or need support for your projects, you need to know who the decision-makers are and get clear on their agenda.

2️⃣ Demonstrate your value.

By working hard and helping others, you’ll earn respect. Speak up in meetings, share ideas and make everyone feel included - the corporate game can be cutthroat - don't be seen as docile.

3️⃣ Learn soft skills.

Hard skills are trained and measurable. Soft skills are intangible but will help you understand, empathise and connect with people on deeper levels. If you need coaching on this, invest in it!

4️⃣ Spread positive energy.

If you make people feel good and ooze positivity, people will want you on their team and you'll win more opportunities. Avoid being the pessimist. Offer solutions, don't just highlight problems.

Office politics is like a game of chess ♟️

Play it well and you win. Ignore it and you lose.

In my opinion, having the right attitude is one of the keys to success.

If someones' got talent, but don't have the right attitude, that person is bound to fail in a professional space. But if someone's got talent and has the right attitude, the person is bound to succeed.

Even with the right attitude alone, you can survive and possibly succeed.

So, like I said earlier on, attitude is a key to success.
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by Pacesetter2021: 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2023
I don't like office politics as I see everyone as equal. The cleaner is as important as the manager to me.
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by IyaTola: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Where did you grow up?
DonroxyII:
Bro .. Aswear cool ... I'm still growing oo ... But I Learnt the Hard way sha !

learnt life lessons sha:

Be Battle Ready Don't let them catch You Weak or Unmanly even during Plays let them Feel Your Vibes no use all Ya body and mouth play cool

"Befriend with all Using Eye Services Only and

"Befriend with Non Deep Down Your Mind"

Corporate world na Street Forget the suits and ties and Posh English ... if you dull dem go hustle You, they can Kill You ... They ain't your Families Because everyone is there to Hustle ...

I don't set to hurt anyone and I'm not set to get Hurt and I'm ready to Hurt Anyone that wants to Hurt me!

Na office introduce God to Me wellwell ...

I have seen a Director who is a Paddi with CEO but on Wrong foot with CFO.. He used the CFO error to displaced his paddi CEO and CFO at a go grin ... Fiiannn like Film cheesy

He then Emerged the CEO himself grin ... His closeness to them was to get the working Operability and uses their errors to displace them by widening gaps between them and Oga at the Top grin ... Life na ! ... Betrayal everywhere!

Even when you be Oga ... Be Very careful with your inner caucus .... Some people are close to know what to use to depose You grin ...

Na Street Bro, Daily Bread things cheesy
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by IyaTola: 10:35am On Jan 25, 2023
Love your job but don't love your company because you may not know when company stop loving you........! I have been saying this for over 20 years. No company is loyal or caring of the employees, so you should not either. It is just a JOB!
Pacesetter2021:
I don't like office politics as I see everyone as equal. The cleaner is as important as the manager to me.
Really?

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by DonroxyII: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
IyaTola:
Where did you grow up?
On Nigerian Street !
Re: Avoid Office Politics At All Costs." I DISAGREE - That Advice Will Kill You by Rubyjade: 7:32am On May 05, 2023
shocked
IyaTola:
Love your job but don't love your company because you may not know when company stop loving you........! I have been saying this for over 20 years. No company is loyal or caring of the employees, so you should not either. It is just a JOB!Really?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Any Jobs Vacancy In Sango Ota Ogun State / Halliburton Test Format / My Employer Short Paid Me, Please How Can I Recover: Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.