Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage (21930 Views)

Dr Amechi Obiora Is Dead! The 'O' In EKO Hospital Dies / Sickle Cell Patient On Oxygen Dies After Power Outage In Lagos / Man Dies Due To Unavailability Of Oxygen In 5 Nigerian Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Perfectbeing(m): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
patriotic007:
We need to fix the power problems of This country ASAP.......I love the realistic analysis of Peter obi at the Chanttam house presentation.....We have to start from somewhere and that somewhere is definitely transmission.....Peter obi really nailed it by going to exactly where the problem is......Not just giving bogus promises like other politicians......Peter obi said if we can wheel out 7500MW by end of 2023 then it's a good start and that's the way forward.......Peter obi understands the issues and he knows the solutions .......I only pray God touches his heart not to be possessed by the demons working against Nigeria when he gets to power because he is already our next president smiley kiss kiss
Imagine the thousands of people that died in Anambra when doctors were on strike for 13 months.
Peter and his family were receiving their medicals in other state of outside the country while the rest of Anambrains were without doctors for more than a year.

We the sensible Nigerians reject that in the rest of Nigeria and we will all vote wisely next month.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ray07:
If you like pay millions for bill, nothing would change.
The black man is just wicked.

Well, we pay millions for the GSM , and it works. At least one of the GSM companies is owned by....a black man

For power to work, the experts have said we need trillions of naira. A lot of money. We also need to pay the companies bills to the point that they make a profit enough to fix and build things.

For power to work, we need to be paying a bill of at least N80 per kwh, maybe as high as N100 per kwh. Not the one where we are now paying between N49-72 per kwh, and pretending it is enough.

White man things work, because in most white man country they allow the companies to set their price, and people pay them the price they set. It is not that whites are rich...most of them would love to pay low prices, even as low as Nigerian prices....to get the kind of service they get.

(I even read about a white guy who earns a salary that is eight time that his counterpart in the developing world. By the time he pays his costs, his life is around the same, even worse than the developing world guy).

There were once several countries ruled by white people, called commuinst countries. They are no longer communist because most of then tried to provide good houses, good roads, good cars, and good everything....at very cheap prices. Unfortunately that is not how things work. One guy who lived in a communist country, even left the USA to move there...complained in a recent book that they were paying the equivalent of N200 as house rent. Nice, but it meant that at the end, while everyone had a house, there was no money for renovation, upgrades, etc. Those houses now are around 2 million naira equivent...and working well...some 30 years after communism fell.

You can shout the black man is wicked...but so long as you insist on paying N20 for something that should cost N300000 and insisting it is your right because you are opppsing oppression...well, at some point you will get what you paid for, and you won't like it. That is what we have been doing in most African countries for donkey years, and decieving ourselves that it costs that cheap...meanwhile, our leaders take loans to cover up the resulting deficit in our budget...and that is one of the ways we are in bondage to the World Bank. (That is what happened to the once mighty Soviet Union).

It is wickedness to pretend that a car that costs 20 million new, can cost N20000 and then sell it to the poor so that they can have cars...meanwhile the government takes a loan to pay the remaining 19million, 988000 naira.

I mean, in the USA, it costs in one month, to power a room and parlor, what it would take 4 months to power a five bedroom in Nigeria. Both with at least 20 hours power supply. It is too expensive, and Americans complain about high cost of living...yet have power 24-7, while we do not.

And yes I know we are poor. But that is the problem...we are too poor that we don't realize how much things cost...because our government over the years has been lying to us that things are cheap...while taking heavy loans to pay for things to stay cheap.(and looting a bit).

You are free to disagree with me.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by AwaLokan: 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobonaire4:

We are not generating 22000MW now, but we will do so in some years time.

Plus we cannot reach gigawats. Unless someone has a plan to build large nuclear power plants.

This is beyond nuclear power generation and we are already at 22,000 MW and working on transmission.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
AwaLokan:

This is beyond nuclear power generation and we are already at 22,000 MW and working on transmission.

We are not. We still have an installed capacity of 12000mw, and generate 7000mw. The Siemens programm would bring about 22000mw at the earliest in 5-6 years.

Even then, we need something like 60000mw, before we can talk. South Africa has 44000mw, and has blackouts even.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Jan 21, 2023
Gbadespet:

Lolz,you are right ... though I'm not rooting for anyone,my own side of view is actually different. I want a divided Nigeria and if if happens , people like Tinubu and the likes will only be regarded as statemen and that's all
àhhhhhhh cry

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ray07:
If you like pay millions for bill, nothing would change.
The black man is just wicked.

Also, in white man country, they all pay for service. You don't pay your light bill because it is too costly, or too expensive, they cut your light.

In Nigeria, 40% of us don't pay for the power we use. People who chase disco workers coming to cut people;s light for not paying (and note disco people only visit bill defaulters)...are hailed as heroes. And then, as I said, power is fixed at a level below what is profitable.

All this happens, plus power is expanded to villages beyond the capacity of our grid and generation because some politican wants to give free gifts, and at the end, we have bad power.

I mean feed a child 60% of what it acutally needs...and at the end, you will blame the child for not growing fast enough? Haba.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by AwaLokan: 12:48pm On Jan 21, 2023
Kobonaire4:

We are not. We still have an installed capacity of 12000mw, and generate 7000mw. The Siemens programm would bring about 22000mw at the earliest in 5-6 years.

Even then, we need something like 60000mw, before we can talk. South Africa has 44000mw, and has blackouts even.

You will understand after Tinubu wins.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by udomonday: 12:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
And the hospital could not get a generator for only 24hours,just blame yourself for patronising such a hospital.in this country where the first requirement for starting a business is to get your generator.and a whole hospital will waste someone's life because of a 24hour power outage.
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 21, 2023
AwaLokan:

You will understand after Tinubu wins.

Personally, I think Atiku, Tinubu and Obi should retire.

But that aside, we won';t have 22000mw till the Siemens project is complete...in 5-6 years time. This is not an attack on tinubu, or buhair, but a statement of facts of the case. Projects take time to complete.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by meobizy(f): 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
"If you have an emergency here, your chances are 50/50 already.
No way. It’s an 85 percent chance of dying to a 15 percent hope of living. Everybody has our populous number in consideration before thinking of saving or taking lives. I doubt it is only a lack of training which prevents medical professionals from operating on ordinary gunshot victims. A feeling of “he/she’ll be replaced” surely takes centre stage in their minds.

We better all wake and vote wisely.
No candidate especially the three being pushed to Nigerians have solutions to our problems. Thinking any of them can do anything is the equivalent of a fat girl thinking three days of exercise will drop forty kilograms of weight off her frame.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Obidientyoruba: 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2023
Wickedfact:

Look at this smelly akpu pig. May UGM wipe out your family.

May God handle your children's lives the way Obi handled doctors issue in Anambra.
Werey alaso , Ori e ti buru , you are nothing but a useless urchin and field solider . Deal with it

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by InvertedHammer: 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2023
backnbeta:

Not undermining the hardship brought about by the fuel scarcity, but you must live in Pluto not to have noticed that you can drive in and buy fuel for 280-300, especially when lives depend on it! Fuel is scarce but I don't think a doctor will watch his patient die slowly because fuel is scarce! In an emergency situation like this, a sane doctor will write a referral letter to a better equipped hospital. If the doctor fails to, the patient's relatives will ask for it! I will understand though, if they say there's no other hospital around the area that has fuel in their gen or oxygen in their cylinder undecided
/
You are still living in lala land. If Nigeria is as effective as you fantasize, issues like this will never occur. Even if fuel is at N50/litre, someone has to release the funds to procure it. What is embezzlement? Did you say a sane doctor will write a referral letter? Welcome to Nigeria! Keep praying that you are never in a situation that will warrant Nigeria to happen to you.

/
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Sewasaunt(f): 3:20pm On Jan 21, 2023
skedman:
It can never be Lagos
Government hospitals in Lagos state generate their own light inclusive of primary health center

Oga, please confirm before you talk.

Lasuth is without electricity for many hours daily, sometimes it goes on and off during the day.

Many clinics including the A/E building are without water during this time.

...and pls don't get me started on phcs, Ojokoro phc, Ifako Ijaiye hasn't had light for days and didn't have for almost 3 months in 2022 when PHCN disconnected their light.

Sadly, it wasn't this way during Ambode's tenure.

1 Like

Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by Sewasaunt(f): 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2023
aylagos:
see ignorant

Even thr CMD confirmed it in the news late last year but it is one uninformed human being that is making noise on Nairaland
Re: Pharmacist Placed On Oxygen Support In Hospital Dies Due To Prolong Power Outage by fohlarp: 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2023
Might be Ib drs power outage dr,rotatg light evn if dey wona give but d directors dnt do well,dr shd be backup electrcty na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things Bitter Leaf Can Do. / I'm A Kidney Patient, 6 Years Post Transplant / 93yrs Old Nigerian Sickle Cell Lady, Narrates How She Survived Against All Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.