Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,951 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University (330 Views)

How Possible Is It To Switch From Microbiology To Medicine And Surgery / UNILAG Becomes First Nigerian University To Get TV License – Official / Checkout Nigerian University Where Students Pay N25k For Lab Coat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by abdulskulboy(m): 6:22am On Jan 21, 2023
Hello Nairalanders, I am a year one computer science student at a federal university in Nigeria. I have honestly lost passion for this course, everything I am doing now seems under duress with my 2nd semester examinations around the corner.

Now, I want to know if it's possible to change my faculty (department) completely from computer science in the faculty of science (computing) to economic in the faculty of social science without repeating 100L.

Your honest answer will determine if I should start making move for it or it alternative.

Re: Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by SodiumValproate: 8:19am On Jan 21, 2023
They will require you to go back to year 1.

You only have GSTs in common

Even for mathematics, they do Business Maths while you do General maths.

So you have no other option than to repeat.
Re: Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by abdulskulboy(m): 9:07am On Jan 21, 2023
SodiumValproate:
They will require you to go back to year 1.

You only have GSTs in common

Even for mathematics, they do Business Maths while you do General maths.

So you have no other option than to repeat.

Thanks for your insight.
Re: Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by SodiumValproate: 9:29am On Jan 21, 2023
abdulskulboy:

Thanks for your insight.
You're welcome
Re: Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by Xlyad(m): 1:10pm On Jan 21, 2023
abdulskulboy:
Hello Nairalanders, I am a year one computer science student at a federal university in Nigeria. I have honestly lost passion for this course, everything I am doing now seems under duress with my 2nd semester examinations around the corner.

Now, I want to know if it's possible to change my faculty (department) completely from computer science in the faculty of science (computing) to economic in the faculty of social science without repeating 100L.

Your honest answer will determine if I should start making move for it or it alternative.
If you are accepted, you will have to repeat year 1. Also note that Economics students take general Mathematics
Re: Can I Switch From Computer Science To Economic In A Nigerian University by abdulskulboy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2023
[quote author=Xlyad post=120250458][/quote]

I know about economic students taking mathematics hence, it's not the reason why I want to change the course.

Thank you for your contribution.

(1) (Reply)

Audience Shed Tears The Momenf A Nairalander Address The Governor Of Edo State / Recruitment Exercises: Online Registration For Nigerian Navy Batch 35 / Video:imsu Lecturer Repeatedly Slaps Student Who Wore “mufti” To Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.