Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage (27186 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / The Institution Of Marriage Should Be Abolished. Imagine Getting Married To A Bo / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emonis88: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Stop tagging a whole State in Nigeria for the misdeeds of 1 or 2 persons.
But Nairaland tags a whole tribe, for the misdeeds of 1or 2 persons. Remove the log in ur eye , before u see the speck in another man's eye.
What comes around goes around, Life teachs us all lessons. Lala!!!

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by DaddyFreeze2020(m): 10:13am On Jan 22, 2023
emonis88:

But Nairaland tags a whole tribe, for the misdeeds of 1or 2 persons. Remove the log in ur eye , before u see the speck in another man's eye.
What comes around goes around, Life teachs us all lessons. Lala!!!

Am I the owner of Nairaland?

Go and ask the owner of Nairaland why they tag your tribe for the misdeeds of some people.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by JOemmy(m): 11:32am On Jan 22, 2023
God bless you bro I thought am the only one in this category it's not only in lagos u find this trend all over nigeria.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emonis88: 11:56am On Jan 22, 2023
DaddyFreeze2020:

Am I the owner of Nairaland?

Go and ask the owner of Nairaland why they tag your tribe for the misdeeds of some people.
My tribe? 😄😄😄😄
Ur comment just made me think of the comments on some posts on Nairaland, I just aired my thoughts, n I think many il identify with me on that, so if u r trying to out think urself by thinking my reply to ur comment means I from a particular tribe, hmmm !!! I fear for u. And those who do what I was talking about don't own Nairaland either. Jokes on u migar! Hmmm!!! Lala!!!😎😎😎😎

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Everbryte: 12:46pm On Jan 22, 2023
Sha try and marry
Open your eyes and marry right. Some people still get it right

The demand for perfection will keep you trapped in loneliness

Some of us came to this understanding late, may it not be late for you

All the best

Seun:
Written by Shaka Phillip-Jonson

https://twitter.com/beejonson/status/1615880886414614528

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 2:26pm On Jan 22, 2023
delishpot:

You must be the stupidest man to ever live if you think men with multiple wives still don't carry side chicks or engage in quickies with random girls. Polygamy when forced on a woman is abuse against women and so it is.

Is it not better for you to tailor your responses to only what you read from others? Your are off the point, so no need to respond to your rant.

The only acceptable polygamy is if your first wife is the one who wholeheartedly brings you a woman (not because she noticed you stopped coming home because of your new sugar girl) and that woman must wholeheartedly accept. Not because you flash money at her desperation.

Just look at you there, smh! So, there is an acceptable polygamy? I'm glad you agreed that there is. Thanks grin grin grin
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2023
cococandy:
there’s no excess of women. It’s approximately 50/50

Y’all are just sharing each other’s women

It is not. Male children are more than female children at birth. But along the line of growing up, male population reduces faster than female population to the extent that females are now more than males. There are many reasons for that, from dangerous adolescent adventures of male kids to occupational hazards for men to nature which is more kind to adult/elderly women than men.

3 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 2:33pm On Jan 22, 2023
blueAgent:

Really.

The reason behind polygamy itself is lust.

May be that's another reason as far as you are concerned. Both have advantages and disadvantages just like we were taught in school in various subjects
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by fayomim: 2:34pm On Jan 22, 2023
Seun:

It happened in Lagos does not mean everyone in Lagos desecrated marriage.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 2:36pm On Jan 22, 2023
PlayMaker14:
Odé of the highest order, if you're one of the irresponsible community dick that is messing your life away with little girls, put an end to it.

Omo ale

Your litte girls are in baby factories being used by your own people for babies production. Go and do something about that first before you talk about what you don't know about SW states. Buffoon

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Gerrard59(m): 2:47pm On Jan 22, 2023
Klass99:

Dude, you just did what my co-worker did. You twisted the narrative to insinuate I must be the problem and the one causing these men to actively step out on their vows and wives. What you did here is also similar to what folks do to victims of sexual assault and rape, they blame the victim and leave the rapist alone.

If you're familiar with my posts you would know that I am not a fan of indecent exposure in dressing. Secondly, a successful relationship with God matters to me more than marriage and kids do, because I want to hear Him say, well done, you can come on in, when my earthly life is over.

So, for that singular reason I am mindful of my speech, conduct and how I generally live. This is not a me problem, it is on them. The article validates my own experience, the fact that your flatmate hasn't had the same experience as mine, doesn't mean I am lying or the cause of other people's poor choices and bad behaviour.

Doesn't this contradict your point which I addressed above? I am a female woman, not a transgendered one. Beautifully created and well endowed (without meaning to sound arrogant) but I don't let that get to my head, neither do I flaunt my wares for public consumption.

I don't need to slap a man in public either to get my point across. The caliber of married men who have chased me exude too much confidence, decorum, fine boy-ness and masculinity from head to toes, for me to disrespect them like that. They are not from the streets, neither am I

C for Confidence

cool
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by blueAgent(m): 7:16pm On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

May be that's another reason as far as you are concerned. Both have advantages and disadvantages just like we were taught in school in various subjects

I can hardly see any advantage to it.

I come from polygamous homes, both from partenal and martenal sides of my parents , I know what it's like .
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cococandy(f): 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2023
maasoap:

It is not. Male children are more than female children at birth. But along the line of growing up, male population reduces faster than female population to the extent that females are now more than males. There are many reasons for that, from dangerous adolescent adventures of male kids to occupational hazards for men to nature which is more kind to adult/elderly women than men.
tell yourself whatever you need to

3 Likes

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by delishpot: 4:38am On Jan 23, 2023
maasoap:

Is it not better for you to tailor your responses to only what you read from others? Your are off the point, so no need to respond to your rant.

Just look at you there, smh! So, there is an acceptable polygamy? I'm glad you agreed that there is. Thanks grin grin grin

Yes there is acceptable multi partner marriages or polygamy. So far everybody involved is 100% into it. Wether it's one woman to multiple husbands or vice versa.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Klass99(f): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2023
😝
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by drnoel: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2023
Seun:

It's a personal thing actually. Bad company corrupts good manner. That is the issue with the scenery you wrote about
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by maasoap(m): 3:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
cococandy:
tell yourself whatever you need to

That's quite what you have been doing. I don't know why it took me this long to get it. Thanks
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 5:19am On Jan 24, 2023
maasoap:

Lol. One positive side to the confusion, at least it gives us freedom to roam freely grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cayorday89(m): 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2023
franchasng:
Dear Op, this is a global menace, the only thing stopping European, American, some Asian men from exhibiting their dog nature is their laws and their divorce law that favor women most times.

Go to any country in Africa, the most randy men are the European, American, Canadian, Asian expatriates who came to Africa to work without their spouses. When they arrive Africa or migrate outside their countries in Europe, America, etc, they feel so free that they go on rampage with women.

White expatriates are the highest patronizers of hawwkers in Africa.

But in Nigeria, the laws are weak, all thanks to confused system of government being practiced in Nigeria which mixes Islamic doctrines with Christianity and Traditional laws, causing huge confusion in Nigeria.

Don't blame Nigerians.

Generally all man (female and male) are sexually bankrupt by nature, women are only gifted with a higher self control for sex which makes them withhold their sexual fantasies until they come across the man of their dreams
Love the part which you said it is a global menace, I have never left the shores of this country Nigeria but I make up for it by watching lots of documentaries in my free time to keep myself abreast of the realities of life movies and news channels will not show us. There is one particular documentary where people from countries woth strong marital laws go to have the fun of their lives and they even go as far as impreganting teenage virgin girls which they specially requested for and abandon them to their fate, I think the title of the documentary is "Children Without Fathers" or something close to it,its been 3 or four years ago now so I can't recollect the exact title.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cayorday89(m): 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2023
emmaodet:

It is the effect of break down in religion.
Can you explain more on this, religion is what it is, it is more of people's character than the breakdown of religion.
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by emmaodet: 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
cayorday89:

Can you explain more on this, religion is what it is, it is more of people's character than the breakdown of religion.

Religion makes a society to be conservative and keep our actions and decisions in check. It brings forward our conscience during decision making unlike a liberal society.
A woman close to my wife is not having life easy for her ever since her hubby lost his job and the main reason why she has not committed adultery is because of the fear of God (religion in play....her conscience will be judging or disturbing her) but a lady raised in a liberal society won't see anything wrong in it.
As far as she is concerned, hubby no get work and she has to do what she has to do to survive.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by cayorday89(m): 9:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
emmaodet:

Religion makes a society to be conservative and keep our actions and decisions in check. It brings forward our conscience during decision making unlike a liberal society.
A woman close to my wife is not having life easy for her ever since her hubby lost his job and the main reason why she has not committed adultery is because of the fear of God (religion in play....her conscience will be judging or disturbing her) but a lady raised in a liberal society won't see anything wrong in it.
As far as she is concerned, hubby no get work and she has to do what she has to do to survive.
You see that woman has strong character, which has a higher influence on her than her religion does, there are many in her shoes who will mount pulpit to preach and still do all sorts that is not expected of them. What I have noticed is that most people now use religion as a cover to get what they want which can be money, love and even the so called sex.

1 Like

Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Jan 25, 2023
emmaodet:
■Religion makes a society to be conservative and keep our actions and decisions in check. It brings forward our conscience during decision making unlike a liberal society.
■ A woman close to my wife is not having life easy for her ever since her hubby lost his job and the main reason why she has not committed adultery is because of the fear of God (religion in play....her conscience will be judging or disturbing her) but a lady raised in a liberal society won't see anything wrong in it.
■ As far as she is concerned, hubby no get work and she has to do what she has to do to survive.
1. Lie!

2. God allows her to abandon said man, so why hasn't she done that instead? Look, Nigerians typically hide either their fears and anxieties , or their atrocities behind the many mentions of God. A lady raiser in a liberal home would have walked out on the adulterous man and found for herself peace and joy elsewhere.

Religion is nothing more than shackles on some whereas it is a mighty excuse for others. undecided

3. Let her keep deceiving herself hiding behind the name of God. Ever wonder why millions of such women live eventually die without their god showing up to save them from their misery? Because religion is man-made and their gods are the men who fill them up with the delusions to live by. undecided
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by gentiles(m): 6:14am On Feb 02, 2023
hi
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by sacajawea: 1:27pm On May 12, 2023
adeola1097:
I don’t know about other states but for this Lagos, Gbogbo wa kan dora wa ni (All of us just dey f*vck each other) , both married, unmarried and single.

Iwọ Na wa lara wọn to do nonsense up and down...
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by sacajawea: 1:29pm On May 12, 2023
Klass99:
😝
Hahahahahaha! You are bad Girl! 😁😁
Re: How Lagosians Desecrate The Institution Of Marriage by reciprocal(f): 8:20pm On Jun 01, 2023
Righteousness2:
Do not follow the Multitude to do evil.

No matter how many people decide to frolick in sexual immorality, stand out from among the crowd.

Be the one to be faithful to God, your husband, your wife and family.
Staying faithful to your wife or husband will save you from many problems, diseases, pains, and regrets.
It will save you from many physical and spiritual nonsense.

Sin and inquity may look sweet and fun but the consequences are always brutal.
please tell them o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New Generation Vs Old Fashioned Husband? Ladies Choose Wisely / 20-Year-old Lady Stuck In Toddler's Body / Couple Burnt To Death In Lagos After Power Surge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.