Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:03 AM

What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? (3934 Views)

Police Recover Guns From Ritualists, Cultists, Kidnappers / Police Tie Robber Released From Prison & His Gang Caught With Guns / Great James Oil And Gas Ltd Imported The 470 Guns Impounded At Tin Can Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Silentgroper(m): 11:22am On Jan 22, 2023
laivwire:

Of course they are better trained but they still strap 2 or 3 magazines together. They also pack more ammo just in case. When you are in a warzone you will definitely run out of ammo when you are on autofire with each magazine carrying just about 30 rounds. The speed of reload can be the difference between life and death.
But they dont tape the catridges together like ours does, yet they're still swift..

well like u said, ours lack proper training..
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Septagon: 1:57pm On Jan 22, 2023
erad:

Are you this slow?
You have the internet at the tip of your fingers and you are still this slow?
People won't keep 'spoonfeeding' you information just to massage your misplaced ego, I definitely won't.
Do your due diligence or keep swimming in the filth of your ignorance, the choice is yours.
expected u to show pics of those soldiers I mentioned displaying cellophane not to try to impress anyone with grammar.my last reply to u sha.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 8:44pm On Jan 22, 2023
[quote author=Dtruthspeaker post=120269709]
Suspect, how?
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Unrated900(m): 8:45pm On Jan 22, 2023
Septagon:
thought their jackets have spaces for extra magazines?or they really like appearing local?neva seen a foreign police or soldier with that kind of nonsense

A
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Jakumo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 22, 2023
Shoodboi:
It’s called “jungle style”. Security agents use the tape to hold multiple magazines together so they can easily change magazines on the battlefield. Foreign militaries do it, particularly the British and the Americans, and that’s where Nigerians learned it from.

But the stuff comes with its own problems, like increasing the weight and height of the gun, which makes it hard to shoot when lying down, causing weight imbalances, which leads to the front of the gun being heavier than the back, and causing dust to enter the ammo upside-down, which may cause it to jam when it is inserted into the gun.

That’s why many foreign militaries have moved away from it and provided easy-to-access jackets for their men instead. Many foreign militaries also moved to smaller ammo and lighter and shorter rifles, which will become imbalanced, inaccurate, and unpractical if a solider or police officer ever tapes two ammo together. But Nigerian security agents still do it anyway since their weapons are heavier. Besides, most rarely move around with more than two ammo, so they just tape them together, even when they have a jacket to hold the other ammo.

I should add that many overdo it to look cool, like the pictures of those SARS guys up there. The taped ammo on their guns has no practical use and could endanger their lives in a gunfight. They can't shoot those weapons while lying down. It is bad practice to use colored tapes too since it could give off their position to the enemy. Black tape is always the best. Taping more than two ammo together also makes the gun super-heavy, which will make it inaccurate.

The standard taping method is to have the magazines side-by-side with one facing up and the other facing the ground. Another method (which is the better one) is to have both facing up, but you'll need to put something in between them, maybe a small, light piece of wood, so that both magazines do not touch. Some magazines even come with clamps these days to allow soldiers and police attach magazines side-by-side.

Na soja man be dis o. To sabi all dis information dey hard unless dem take am train pesin tey-tey. Na soja man una dey look so o. Fear am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by GloriousGbola: 6:16am On Jan 23, 2023
Shoodboi:
It’s called “jungle style”. Security agents use the tape to hold multiple magazines together so they can easily change magazines on the battlefield. Foreign militaries do it, particularly the British and the Americans, and that’s where Nigerians learned it from.

But the stuff comes with its own problems, like increasing the weight and height of the gun, which makes it hard to shoot when lying down, causing weight imbalances, which leads to the front of the gun being heavier than the back, and causing dust to enter the ammo upside-down, which may cause it to jam when it is inserted into the gun.

That’s why many foreign militaries have moved away from it and provided easy-to-access jackets for their men instead. Many foreign militaries also moved to smaller ammo and lighter and shorter rifles, which will become imbalanced, inaccurate, and unpractical if a solider or police officer ever tapes two ammo together. But Nigerian security agents still do it anyway since their weapons are heavier. Besides, most rarely move around with more than two ammo, so they just tape them together, even when they have a jacket to hold the other ammo.

I should add that many overdo it to look cool, like the pictures of those SARS guys up there. The taped ammo on their guns has no practical use and could endanger their lives in a gunfight. They can't shoot those weapons while lying down. It is bad practice to use colored tapes too since it could give off their position to the enemy. Black tape is always the best. Taping more than two ammo together also makes the gun super-heavy, which will make it inaccurate.

The standard taping method is to have the magazines side-by-side with one facing up and the other facing the ground. Another method (which is the better one) is to have both facing up, but you'll need to put something in between them, maybe a small, light piece of wood, so that both magazines do not touch. Some magazines even come with clamps these days to allow soldiers and police attach magazines side-by-side.

Knowing our police I am sure we will find those are empty magazines.

1 Like

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by danvon(m): 2:59pm On Jan 23, 2023
It is used to hide finger print
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by NaijaCover(m): 3:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
Following The Thread Like Beans And Bread
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by GloriousGbola: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2023
Jakumo:

Na soja man be dis o. To sabi all dis information dey hard unless dem take am train pesin tey-tey. Na soja man una dey look so o. Fear am.

A man who has actually been in a firefight. Not these stunting chickens

1 Like

Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by marlow1962(m): 4:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
hopeforcharles:

To hold double cartherage of bullets incase they came face to face with action shooters they will not run out of bullets in time.
2 is better than 1🤣🤣
Cartridge wer no reach 5 5 rounds each grin grin
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by GeneralPula: 5:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
They do use it as a recognition badge..

Sometimes police operate without uniforms. That badge is what they do use for recognitions during such scenarios..
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by braunny(m): 7:26pm On Jan 23, 2023
Chemlite:
I'm a bit astonished seeing our uniform men with guns wrapped with cellotape, if not all, almost 99.1%. I always look away till I was asked by my neighbour's 5yrs old daughter.

I promise to give her reply. What's the use of it?

Your input will be a great relieve.
you are very foolish I swear.... And u even used ur neighbors daughter to lie 🤥
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 10:38am On Jan 24, 2023
braunny:
you are very foolish I swear.... And u even used ur neighbors daughter to lie 🤥

I don't get it. In the post I admit I 've seen but wasn't bothered until a 5yrs old girl asked. I also stated how I promised to get back to her.

So what is foolish here or when did seeking for answers for something you don't know become foolish?
AnyWay, you get big problem!
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by braunny(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
Chemlite:

I don't get it. In the post I admit I 've seen but wasn't bothered until a 5yrs old girl asked. I also stated how I promised to get back to her.

So what is foolish here or when did seeking for answers for something you don't know become foolish?
AnyWay, you get big problem!
what's foolish is u saying u already know the answer and not asking for sake of reasonable replies
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Chemlite: 5:30pm On Jan 24, 2023
braunny:
what's foolish is u saying u already know the answer and not asking for sake of reasonable replies

Can you point out where I said that?
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Knowing our police I am sure we will find those are empty magazines.

Of course. Even the one in the gun could be empty. That's for sure. grin grin grin
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jakumo:

grin grin grin I'm not. I actually researched into it a few years ago. Around 2011/2012 I believe cos I had interest in joining the Police/military then but later changed my mind. Or let's say, life took its course.
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
Jakumo:

I'm not o. Abeg o grin grin grin
Re: What's The Use Of Cellotape On Guns? by Jakumo(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2023
Shoodboi:

grin grin grin I'm not. I actually researched into it a few years ago. Around 2011/2012 I believe cos I had interest in joining the Police/military then but later changed my mind. Or let's say, life took its course.

I should have known better haha. The Nigerian police and army would not have wanted you in their ranks because your written English is too polished. If you are fluent in the Brokenese dialect, or at the very least are able to repeat key phrases like "Park well" and "How for weekend?" then you qualify to become a soldier or policeman in Nigeria.

In short, police no like grammar man. Army sef no like grammar man.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Creepy Facts Will Twist Your Mind (warning- Photos) / Little Child Captured The Moment Unknown Gunmen Invaded Uzodimma's Home (VIDEO) / New Tricks Used By Fraudsters That You Will Hardly Know Until You Fall A Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.