Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections (1862 Views)

Jonathan Should Be Respected For Hosting Tinubu Who Plotted His Downfall – Ohana / 2023: Zoning Should Be Respected — Amaechi Backs Fashola / Fashola: APC’s Zoning Agreement Should Be Respected In 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by monkautos(m): 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2023
Sincerely, I have always believed yoruba people are very clannish and only loyal to their brothers and relatives. But the role yorubas are playing in this election is something to actually appreciate.

Many of them have been vigorously campaigning for Peter obi not minding his tribe - Chosing competence over ethnic alliance.

For me as an Igbo man, I am amazed and very satisfied that truly Nigeria might not really be as divided as we perceive it to be.

Whatever the outcome of the elections is. My prayer for our country is, Prosperity, progress, equity and justice.

Peace to all Nigerians.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Simeonjoe1: 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2023
Will you still stand up to this if tinubu wins?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Ofodirinwa: 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2023
monkautos:
Sincerely, I have always believed yoruba people are very clannish and only loyal to their brothers and relatives. But the role yorubas are playing in this election is something to actually appreciate.

Many of them have been vigorously campaigning for Peter obi not minding his tribe - Chosing competence over ethnic alliance.

For me as an Igbo man, I am amazed and very satisfied that truly Nigeria might not really be as divided as we perceive it to be.

Whatever the outcome of the elections is. My prayer for our country is, Prosperity, progress, equity and justice.

Peace to all Nigerians.

Every election every ethnic group outside of the two with front runner candidates campaign for someone outside their group so idk what the point of the thread is.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Conner44: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

Every election every ethnic group outside of the two with front runner candidates campaign for someone outside their group so idk what the point of the thread is.

It’s a lie angry

Yorubas have always voted for their tribes man, in the absence of their own brother they throw their support to the northerners in the election.

Let’s see if they have finally changed their stripes this 2023

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by IdiotOjukwu(f): 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
Those yoruba are mostly PDP yorubas.

Belive me OBI ain't getting Nada from yoruba votes.

But I will mention you after the election

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by monkautos(m): 8:39pm On Jan 21, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:

Seems some people are really banking on ethnic division for personal gains

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by IdiotOjukwu(f): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2023
monkautos:

As how
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by christistruth01: 8:59pm On Jan 21, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.

To be honest some SE people have also been campaigning for Tinubu which is also very Comendable

Each person should be free to Campaign and vote for whoever they want without fear of being insulted or treated like outcasts

33 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by ablejesus26(m): 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2023
christistruth01:

To be honest some SE people have also been campaigning for Tinubu which is also very Comendable

Each person should be free to Campaign and vote for whoever they want without fear of being insulted or treated like outcasts

The problem on ground is not just about tinubu,it's more about his party.
APC brought unimaginable and unbelievable pain, hardship and suffering to this Country.
Taking out APC is the only sensible thing to do for our survival sakes.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by BossGerald: 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2023
Yoruba people are good especially the Christians and traditionalists...but you see yoruba Muslims,

They are evil personified

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Luckylife(m): 9:09pm On Jan 21, 2023
Conner44:

It’s a lie angry

Yorubas have always voted for their tribes man, in the absence of their own brother they throw their support to the northerners in the election.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Penguin2: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.

Yoruba people are actually not clannish.

They are the most welcoming folks and would not disturb you as long as you don’t disturb their peace.

And about their voting pattern, I think asides 1999 when they voted en masse for Olu Falae, they have always split their votes into almost two equal halves for the contesting parties.

In 2015, Buhari did not win the region with such a wide margin. Same in 2019. And I know they are going to repeat it this year.

Those you see talking trash online while claiming to be Yorubas are ragtag street urchins who have sold their brains to politicians because they can’t feed except crumbs drop from the politician’s table.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Apophenia24k: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
Conner44:

It’s a lie angry

This is a lie, we all insult and abuse the Yorubas here not minding those who are against the corrupt Bulaba but check past records of Oyo, Osun and Lagos.
They never voted according to ethnic or religious beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Conner44: 9:28pm On Jan 21, 2023
Apophenia24k:

This is a lie, we all insult and abuse the Yorubas here not minding those who are against the corrupt Bulaba but check past records of Oyo, Osun and Lagos.
They never voted according to ethnic or religious beliefs.

What of kwara, ogun, ondo and ekiti states? undecided abi those ones don’t count as yoruba states again?
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by haffaze777(m): 9:51pm On Jan 21, 2023
We're voting baba emi lokan 1 of Africa,call us betrayal,double face or any other name you can think of,we no care🤣🤣🤣🤣

31 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by IgOga(m): 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.

Wait till you see the votes o grin
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Exclusive101: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2023
Any how you dice this me I am voting for Bola Ahmed Tinubu for several reason n none is of immediate benefit to me or my immediate family. I am because from his antecedent he is beta than the rest

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Mfetenang: 11:18pm On Jan 21, 2023
You allow Nyamiri people to come to your land and dominate then turn around to call that maturity?
This is why I love Hausa/Fulani people, they know how to deal decisively with those IPOB idiots.
Burn the idiots alive and chase them out now before it's too late,this kind of rubbish is only happening on Yoruba land. Do you think the Yeeeeebos would allow any other tribe to have a say IN IPOBLAND?
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by DMerciful(m): 12:07am On Jan 22, 2023
After Obj 8yrs and Osinbajo 8yrs?
Simeonjoe1:
Will you still stand up to this if tinubu wins?
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Simeonjoe1: 12:40am On Jan 22, 2023
DMerciful:
After Obj 8yrs and Osinbajo 8yrs?

I'm just saying... Let's say this election goes the tribal way and Yoruba gave their major vote to Tinubu would you still respect them. Seeing that some are already defending an obi presidency
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Trollronaldo: 12:43am On Jan 22, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.
I am a yoruba man, I am not compagning for Obi because he's an Igbo man, I am campaigning for him because he's better than Tinubu.
If Obi were from Senegal, I will still vote him ahead of Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by JoeNL22(m): 1:33am On Jan 22, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.
See one of them.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by sunboy(m): 1:49am On Jan 22, 2023
monkautos:

Yup, I’m agreeing with you on this. And it sucks that nairaland is being use as a platform for division in our country.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by sunboy(m): 1:50am On Jan 22, 2023
BossGerald:

Yoruba people are good especially the Christians and traditionalists...but you see yoruba Muslims,

They are evil personified

What has Yoruba people done to you We’ve always supported every tribe, that include your people.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by MansoryMX(m): 1:54am On Jan 22, 2023
ablejesus26:

The problem on ground is not just about tinubu,it's more about his party.
APC brought unimaginable and unbelievable pain, hardship and suffering to this Country.
Taking out APC is the only sensible thing to do for our survival sakes.

They don't know! If APC successfully rig this coming Presidential election then there will no Nigeria anymore. The damage is so big that even if Obi or Atiku wins! They won't be able to fix this country in 8 or 16 years to come

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by DMerciful(m): 2:55am On Jan 22, 2023
Do you think its fair to go the Yoruba way after 8yrs of Obj and 8yrs of Osinbajo? Why do you think Afenifere is supporting Obi?

If the Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis wants to keep rotating power btw them perhaps they can form their own country
Simeonjoe1:

I'm just saying... Let's say this election goes the tribal way and Yoruba gave their major vote to Tinubu would you still respect them. Seeing that some are already defending an obi presidency

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Obidientyoruba: 4:07am On Jan 22, 2023
We Yoruba’s are mostly intellectual and can think for ourselves we don’t follow the herd we can decipher what is good . Am a Bonafide Yoruba man , omo Ìgbómìnà , Omo fagbamila , me and my family votes are all for Obidatti , Forget what these urchins display here Tinubu has never had a Yoruba interest and not a Yoruba symbol he his just interested in himself and cronies , now he needs the presidency and his field soldiers(urchins) want to change the narrative to yoruba choice , we shall see next month 😊

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Ttalk: 4:50am On Jan 22, 2023
Obidientyoruba:
We Yoruba’s are mostly intellectual and can think for ourselves we don’t follow the herd we can decipher what is good . Am a Bonafide Yoruba man , omo Ìgbómìnà , Omo fagbamila , me and my family votes are all for Obidatti , Forget what these urchins display here Tinubu has never had a Yoruba interest and not a Yoruba symbol he his just interested in himself and cronies , now he needs the presidency and his field soldiers(urchins) want to change the narrative to yoruba choice , we shall see next month 😊

If you like you can be Ibomila, we are not buying all these trash, no sensible person will vote Peter Obi a mediocre governor and IPOB enabler

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by Urchinpainer: 5:27am On Jan 22, 2023
monkautos:

Peace to all Nigerians.

What's your point? That Igbo man has not campaigned for a Yoruba man before?
Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by VERDA: 6:45am On Jan 22, 2023
IdiotOjukwu:

Mr Tribal bigot, go and sit down jare!!.. good thing millions of your tribesmen are sensible, just as we have in most tribes... Only fools will vote cos of tribe and they will surely suffer.

To those who will vote either Tinubu,, kwankwaso or Atiku, if they are doing it cos they truly believe those are the guys that will move this country forward, all well and good, it's their right. At least bettering this country is on their mind.

For those who will vote purely on ethnic and religious leanings, even those voting Obi, you guys will suffer.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by VERDA: 6:51am On Jan 22, 2023
Conner44:

What of kwara, ogun, ondo and ekiti states? undecided abi those ones don’t count as yoruba states again?

Guy easy, your talk should not start leaning towards hate for the yoruba's, like one of the OP's pointed out, their votes have always been split almost equally among the major candidates in most elections. Go check the 2015 and 2019 elections.

One thing is sure, a lot of them are canvassing for a particular candidate who is not their tribesman based on competence, even with their tribesman on the ballot, that says alot. Kudos to them.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba People Should Be Respected For Their Maturity In 2023 Elections by dele1727: 6:56am On Jan 22, 2023
Conner44:

It’s a lie angry

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yorubas clannish.... supports Northners
Yet Herbert Macaulay a yoruba man Left his Party The NCNC to an igbo man called Nnmadi azikiwe...

Nnmadi Azikiwe that won the majority of the house but choose to join a Northern party to become a ceremonial president and leaving the powerful prime minister for the North all in fear of a yoruba man called Awolowo

The civil war came...and we had yorubas that supported biafra even if later events proof that they were wrong...people like wole soyinka and col Banjo who paid with his life and was executed by The same ojukwu and labeled a saboteur by the same people he fought for against his people...

After the war...
The same igbo people supported Shehu shagari for crumbs to get vice president for Alex ekwume ...

Abiola a southerner ....won elections everywhere even his main opponent space but lost in igbo land...they voted for a man who his own people voted against

Who organised ABN as support for Babangida to remain in power? An igbo man called Arthur Nzeribe

Who organised a million man march for Abacha to remain in power? An igbo man

When 1999 came and common sense dictates that a yoruba man should be the president...who contested against him...2 igbo men

But because yorubas supported Buhari...you want to stupidly rewrite history... when the igbos have always presented their Anus for the gbola of the Northerners... kontinuuuuu

May those who are supporting obi now not get a chance to rue their mistake like col Adebukonla Banjo who paid with his life for supporting an igbo cause

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekweremadu And Seun Kuti: Why Do Bad Things Happen To Those Who Attack Obi? / "IMF is Evil, Obi is a Mole, PBAT under pressure" -Farooq's Cognitive Dissonance / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Submitt Waec As His Highest Qualification To Inec?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.