Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? (5121 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / Where Is Reuben Abati And Okupe? / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by adesqr(f): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2011
Some people here need to go back and dust their old editions of Guardian on Sun. Abati was more of a political analyst than "always criticising" as being postulated here. He commends govt when they do well and rebukes when there are shortcomings. Sonala Olumese is the critic.
@OP. your question is a good one. First there is this underlying impression that a journalist of his calibre shouldn't have accepted such a position from GEJ. He was slaughtered by his former colleagues for this. Yet the public forgot that Ruth Opia, Smart Adeyemi, Abike Dabiri, Olusegun Adeniyi, Dare Babarinsa, Funke Egbemode(she served the despicable Etteh) and a lot too numerous to mention were all journalist who are now holding/held position in govt at one time or other. The ques is if GEJ doesnt appoint a seasoned journalist in that position,then who? The sport ministry is comatose today because square pegs are being put in round holes. So on that score i've no problem with Abati.
The problem people have with Abati is that he's "too good" at his job. How can he say security of the nation has improved under GEJ? Haba! That's like saying the whole of Naija is deaf, dumb and blind(unholy trinity). I know that's what he's being paid for but that's taking falsehood too far.
In summary what Abati is going thru is what any presidential spokesman before him has gone thru .i.e envy from former colleagues and being forced to lie for your boss misdeeds.
[quote][/quote]

true yerns! i gbadun you.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by VEE2010(m): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2011
"To talk is cheap but commitment is costly" I'm begging to believe that critics most times are even clueless than those they criticized. However, I may not see his present attitude towards information dished out as an act of hypocrisy or sycophancy, it's rather a reflection of true position of things. I suppose, being on the corridors of power and living outside power are different kettle of fish. Am sorry to say, most people find it very comfortable setting their ears in favour of scandalous rumours rather than investigating before accepting such. Honestly speaking, most journalists derive their meal tickets from blackmail and scandalous stories. I am not trying to assume all stories are lie but very few are factual. Mr Abati is now an insider and I pray the Lord would give him the courage to withstand pressure from his ever growing critics. However, I see this as big lesson. Though, he is not the first victim, remember Bayo Ojo when he was NBA chair and when he became a minister. God bless Nigeria!
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Kobojunkie: 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2011
Basics007:

The problem people have with Abati is that he's "too good" at his job. How can he say security of the nation has improved under GEJ? Haba![size=13pt] That's like saying the whole of Naija is deaf, dumb and blind(unholy trinity).[/size] I know that's what he's being paid for but that's taking falsehood too far.
In summary what Abati is going thru is what any presidential spokesman before him has gone thru .i.e envy from former colleagues and being forced to lie for your boss misdeeds.

um . . . That is exactly what is implied here!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by oldtime(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
On the Strength of Ruben Abati or his weakness, Sunday Dare finished him in a column written after the UN Bombing

The title of which was "The broadcast Good luck Jonathan never read

Abati is not advising his boss as Nigerian expected. they are all bunch of rouges

http://akinbami..com/2011_08_01_archive.html

and the doctrine of "scapegoatiesm" By Ruben Abati

http://akinbami..com/2011/08/doctrine-of-scapegoat-e-ism-by-ruben.html
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by luluosas(m): 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2011
I don't have anything against him, for accepting to work, in Jonathan's government. But, his current posture is nothing but, hypocrisy. When it was rumoured that, he is replacing Niboro, he denied it. Today, Abati knows that, what he is feeding the public with is falsehood, but, he chooses to do so. OP, what will you call such a person? If I may ask you. Do you still buy kerosene at N50/lit according to Abati?
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Biggie9: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
Reuben is a fool!!!
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
God2man:

Nobody will be happy to throw away his hard earned integrity into the dustbin, just because of a position or money. No! Reuben abati is not pleased with the present Goverment, then he offered himself to serve the country, which is the best decision. Evil prevail because good men do nothing. If the good people of nigeria play a siddon look, just looking at situation of things and not contribute anything to salvage the nation, Nigeria will become worst. Let the good people of this country rise up,support and join the president to make nigeria better. Otherwise, if the good people keep on criticizing without making any effort to assist the Goverment, we will be the worst country. God bless you. God2man.
u are wrong sir. As a spokesman reuben abati has no say in govt nor can he contribute anytin meaningful. His job is just to hold d microphone for Gej, or tell d media what goodluck says or decides. If he had been offered a ministerial position or, special adviser, then i would have been ok. Just like saying a Gani to accept a supreme court judge job. To me dis is hypocrisy at its peak. Another loud mouthed nigerian selling his integrity.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2011
God2man:

Nobody will be happy to throw away his hard earned integrity into the dustbin, just because of a position or money. No! Reuben abati is not pleased with the present Goverment, then he offered himself to serve the country, which is the best decision. Evil prevail because good men do nothing. If the good people of nigeria play a siddon look, just looking at situation of things and not contribute anything to salvage the nation, Nigeria will become worst. Let the good people of this country rise up,support and join the president to make nigeria better. Otherwise, if the good people keep on criticizing without making any effort to assist the Goverment, we will be the worst country. God bless you. God2man.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
God2man:

Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2011
God2man:

u are wrong sir. As a spokesman reuben abati has no say in govt nor can he contribute anytin meaningful. His job is just to hold d microphone for Gej, or tell d media what goodluck says or decides. If he had been offered a ministerial position or, special adviser, then i would have been ok. Just like saying a Gani to accept a supreme court judge job. To me dis is hypocrisy at its peak. Another loud mouthed nigerian selling his integrity.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Demdem(m): 4:24pm On Sep 07, 2011
^^^^^^^

I feel u. Abati is simply the spokesman for retardeen Jonathan.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by redsun(m): 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2011
He is chosen to confuse nigerians with ogbongbo english since nigerians are sucke.rs for english language. He manages to twist lies and fallacies admirably in a language the people dont really understand and sometimes convices them that glaring red(blood) is green(life)but the smart ones knows that whatever is coming out of gej rogue and illegitimate government is farce,abati therefore is farce and a myopic collaborator.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by werepeLeri: 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
Yet no one has come out to show us his wrong doings except what they conjure up in their minds.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by redsun(m): 5:07pm On Sep 07, 2011
Nigeria is a fact based country,nothing is based on facts and records hence the politicians ability to get away with mass murder and atrocities.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by PointB: 5:21pm On Sep 07, 2011
Reuben Abati is one of the sharpest mind in SW. He looked beyond the sentiment of ACN and their misadventure in regionalism to unleash his potential alongside some of brightest minds in Nigeria. Some edioots want good people in government, yet they criticize them destructively when they join. Shameless pandering hypocrites!

Carry on Mr. Abati, you are on track. Let the haters catch Boko Haram exploding bombs! grin grin grin
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
Abati sold his integrity for a pot of kunu
hehehehehe
#laughin#
#holds stomach in pain#
Nig no go kill person O!
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by DrummaBoy(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2011
Abati's Sunday column introd me to paper reading in 2004. And I tried not to miss it
Now the guy is a dissapointment
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by AlabaSlim: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2011
His offence is dat He is SERVIN his fada land
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by AlabaSlim: 12:40pm On Sep 08, 2011
No offence
He is SERVIN his fada land & derez is nutin BAD abt dat
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 27, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

The guy is just a mouth piece! What do you want him to do? Refuse taking orders from his employer?

[size=18pt]GBAM![/size]

kind of off topic tho. . .

ppl talking about facts and honesty. . .hate to say it but really:

There's no such thing as 'honest journalism' esp. when you are reporting on
a corporation or sponsor's behalf.

I remember doing research and writing about this very thing.
Distortion of facts and 'white lies' are what sells. Sadly selling one's soul as a journalist
can break but usually MAKE their career. undecided

Mr, Cork:

huh? Abati? what kinda ugly surnames do u people hav in Nigeria? Dont they hav nicer surnames like Andrews, Coles or Brafoski? undecided

tongue tongue grin
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by EkoIle1: 4:20am On Sep 27, 2011
Nigeria is full of dead souls with zero principles and lack of personal convictions, it's simply a cash and carry society and Abati is obviously part of the sorry system.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by RoadStar: 4:28am On Sep 27, 2011
Abati has learnt that talk is cheap.

It is very easy to win peoples hearts being a gov critic or while in opposition and outside power.

This explains why Awo is an idol and OBJ is the devil incarnate.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by paragonpro: 5:59am On Sep 27, 2011
The OP is not interested in other people opinions on the issue, he just wants to launder Abati's image and by extension GEJ's image. That is why after all have said, he will still respond with cynically “no body has said anything yet”.

I had been a fan of Ruben Abati since the early 90's while at the university. Then he stood for justice and truth, and ideas of what an ideal society should look like. That was what made him popular and gave him the fan base he had. But where is he today? Does he still stand for those principles? Someone here talks about serving of father land. Must one be in government to serve fatherland?

Nigeria needs men of ideas and principles, which is becoming an extinct specie in the nigerian landscape.

Ruben Abati posed as a man of ideas and principles only to reveal he is a man of money, power and lies.

We may never have a Gani again (gani was offered the post of AG, to serve his fatherland) and he refused because the position ran counter to what he is known to stand for - defend the defenseless.
Re: What Is Reuben Abati's Offence Or Wrong Doing? by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2011
Eko Ile:

Nigeria is full of dead souls with zero principles and lack of personal convictions, it's simply a cash and carry society and Abati is obviously part of the sorry system.
Said it all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tam David-West Is A Bastard - Asari Dokubo / There Will Be Bloodshed In 2015 If President Jonathan Runs- Junaid Mohammed / How Rochas Okorocha Constructed Roads In Imo State(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.