Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,433 members, 7,836,736 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine (1617 Views)

UK And Germany Won’t Send Tanks To Ukraine / Czech Republic Becomes The First NATO Country To Send Tanks To Ukraine / Ukrainian Troops Destroy Russian Convoy Of Tanks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by adamusuleiman3: 5:50am On Jan 23, 2023
The Morocco army sent an unknown number of T-72B tanks to be modernized in the Czech Republic and deployed to Ukraine, media reported on Sunday. They have been reportedly modernized by the Czech company Excalibur Army in the Czech town of Sternbeck.

In the photos dated January 9, when Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala visited the site, the old Moroccan tanks can be seen on the repair line. The report underlined that the turrets of the tanks are in the original colors of the Moroccan army (sand).

The United States has earlier promised financial aid to countries that decide to get rid of their Russian or Soviet military equipment. The report suggests that the Moroccan T-72s sent to Ukraine could be later replaced with M1 Abrams from the American military surplus.

The Moroccan army had originally purchased 148 T-72s, 136 T-72Bs and 12 T-72BKs from the Belarusian army in two batches in 1999 and 2000. Rabat's decision to deliver arms to Ukraine was made during the Ramstein Air Base summit on Ukraine in April, 2022 organized by the United States. Tunisia and Morocco were the only two countries representing north Africa at the event.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/ukraine-conflict/1674409784-morocco-gives-tanks-to-ukraine-report

Video of the tanks.
https://twitter.com/profcaillou/status/1617214446677417991?t=N-kO9EWxkcyRaOOpQo_6Pw&s=19

1 Like

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Terri3Assets: 5:55am On Jan 23, 2023
Ok
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by jimetagambo: 6:20am On Jan 23, 2023
Welldone Kingdom of Morroco.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:41am On Jan 23, 2023
Let him reboot then we send him to assist Ukraine

1 Like

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Vl3ly: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2023
Africa needs to play neutral game on this issue
Must expecially country like Morocco that have dispute with his neighbor (Algeria)
As Russia hinted south Korea that if he send amunition to Ukraine he should be expecting him also to send weapons to north Korea
After this war make north Africa no turn to another west and Russia battle ground

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2023
The culture of the west peace is a dirty word because there is no money in peace

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Karnice600: 10:10am On Jan 23, 2023
adamusuleiman3:
The Morocco army sent an unknown number of T-72B tanks to be modernized in the Czech Republic and deployed to Ukraine, media reported on Sunday. They have been reportedly modernized by the Czech company Excalibur Army in the Czech town of Sternbeck.

In the photos dated January 9, when Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala visited the site, the old Moroccan tanks can be seen on the repair line. The report underlined that the turrets of the tanks are in the original colors of the Moroccan army (sand).

The United States has earlier promised financial aid to countries that decide to get rid of their Russian or Soviet military equipment. The report suggests that the Moroccan T-72s sent to Ukraine could be later replaced with M1 Abrams from the American military surplus.

The Moroccan army had originally purchased 148 T-72s, 136 T-72Bs and 12 T-72BKs from the Belarusian army in two batches in 1999 and 2000. Rabat's decision to deliver arms to Ukraine was made during the Ramstein Air Base summit on Ukraine in April, 2022 organized by the United States. Tunisia and Morocco were the only two countries representing north Africa at the event.

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/ukraine-conflict/1674409784-morocco-gives-tanks-to-ukraine-report

Video of the tanks.
https://twitter.com/profcaillou/status/1617214446677417991?t=N-kO9EWxkcyRaOOpQo_6Pw&s=19
Meanwhile South Africa is fooling around with dictatorships. Africans are good at sitting on the fence when it comes to respinsibility. If this were to be Western grants them for don jump devour am since.

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Gadafii: 10:39am On Jan 23, 2023
What has Morocco done for war ravaged countries

Charity ought to be begun at home, Africans should actually be sitting on the fence about this Ukrainian crisis

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by BentizilL: 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2023
Morocco is on it own...
Playing neutral in this conflict is not hard...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by tamdun: 1:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
BentizilL:
Morocco is on it own...
Playing neutral in this conflict is not hard...
I don't just understand what they are trying to achieve

5 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Dvdpity: 2:10pm On Jan 23, 2023
Karnice600:

Meanwhile South Africa is fooling around with dictatorships. Africans are good at sitting on the fence when it comes to respinsibility. If this were to be Western grants them for don jump devour am since.
You are stupid. You think that South Africa has forgotten the massacre commited by the West on its people. You are the biggest Fool here.

10 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by CrownOfClay724: 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2023
Not a good move by the Morrocan.

You don't play geopolitics with emotions.
If Germany, France, and Britain has no tank to spare, is it Morroco that would take on their war head-on?

Self-preservation is the name of the game.

5 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by HigherEd: 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2023
CrownOfClay724:
Not a good move by the Morrocan.

You don't play geopolitics with emotions.
If Germany, France, and Britain has no tank to spare, is it Morroco that would take on their war head-on?

Self-preservation is the name of the game.
Britain has no use for tanks, it's an island. And Morocco would give the tanks in exchange for M1 Abrams.
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by HigherEd: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
Vl3ly:
Must expecially country like Morocco that have dispute with his neighbor (Algeria)
As Russia hinted south Korea that if he send amunition to Ukraine he should be expecting him also to send weapons to north Korea
After this war make north Africa no turn to another west and Russia battle ground
Lol you don't know how small NK and Russia's economy really is? Russia can't arm anybody. It's ally, Armenia is currently getting beat bulababalablu by Azerbaijan.

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Karnice600: 8:22pm On Jan 23, 2023
Dvdpity:

You are stupid. You think that South Africa has forgotten the massacre commited by the West on its people. You are the biggest Fool here.
So you avenge a perceived enemy by backing up injustice on a neutral neighbour? You're doing well.
SA still has a good number of Dutch population, a NATO member, running her economy on the low, besides being a huge beneficiary of Western grants. I don't expect you to know this. You can keep those insults for your household, where ignorance thrives with distinction.
. Please don't check back. I'm unavailable.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:52pm On Jan 23, 2023
HigherEd:

Lol you don't know how small NK and Russia's economy really is? Russia can't arm anybody. It's ally, Armenia is currently getting beat bulababalablu by Azerbaijan.
is that what cnn told you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by obedience4(m): 8:58pm On Jan 23, 2023
Karnice600:

So you avenge a perceived enemy by backing up injustice on a neutral neighbour? You're doing well.
SA still has a good number of Dutch population, a NATO member, running her economy on the low, besides being a huge beneficiary of Western grants. I don't expect you to know this. You can keep those insults for your household, where ignorance thrives with distinction.
. Please don't check back. I'm unavailable.

Nice one bro, that's why I like you, your replies comes without any form of mercy grin
Carry on

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by panafrican(m): 2:51am On Jan 24, 2023
Morocco should show some restrain because this war is not our war. We are NOT going to give our lives for another West European Nonsense. Let the British , the Polish , the French and the Scandinavians fight the war they all wished for.
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 24, 2023
Morocco denied sending T-72 tanks to Ukraine

"The T-72 tanks purchased earlier in Belarus were undergoing modernization in the Czech Republic, and it was the Czechs who transferred them to Ukraine in violation of the terms of the contract."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Ibrahimcoomasie: 10:49am On Jan 24, 2023
God bless Morocco. Promise fulfilled in just over one month.

2 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by leofab(f): 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
Vl3ly:
africans needs to play neutral but when Africans are boiling you expect others not to be neutral.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Masterviolence(m): 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Africa always I'm the news for the wrong reasons.
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by pol23: 3:46pm On Jan 24, 2023
You sent your Tank and it will first be modernize to be fit for the war…
Why bother yourselves?
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Vl3ly: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
leofab:
africans needs to play neutral but when Africans are boiling you expect others not to be neutral.
I don't understand stand you!
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by ocelot2006(m): 10:16am On Feb 13, 2023
leofab:

And why shouldn't Africa be neutral in this war? Last I checked, I didn't see the USA, UK, and France run to the aid of Rwanda during the genocide. I equally didn't see the west run to end the conflict in Southern Sudan. BTW didn't the USA place an arms embargo on Nigeria during our counter insurgency ops against Boko Haram that we had to turn to the east (I.e. Russia, China, Pakistan, Belarus, Singapore, Isreal, etc) for arms and training. A bit of history: keep in mind that the Ukrainians were the ones selling arms to the damn RUF rebels against yhe Nigerian led ECOMOG force and innocent people of Sierre Leone during the bloody SL Civil War. We have no quarrel with Russia so I suggest we mind our business.

3 Likes

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
tamdun:

I don't just understand what they are trying to achieve

Morocco is an applicant to join EU
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by leofab(f): 4:31pm On Feb 13, 2023
ocelot2006:

And why shouldn't Africa be neutral in this war? Last I checked, I didn't see the USA, UK, and France run to the aid of Rwanda during the genocide. I equally didn't see the west run to end the conflict in Southern Sudan. BTW didn't the USA place an arms embargo on Nigeria during our counter insurgency ops against Boko Haram that we had to turn to the east (I.e. Russia, China, Pakistan, Belarus, Singapore, Isreal, etc) for arms and training. A bit of history: keep in mind that the Ukrainians were the ones selling arms to the damn RUF rebels against yhe Nigerian led ECOMOG force and innocent people of Sierre Leone during the bloody SL Civil War. We have no quarrel with Russia so I suggest we mind our business.
your history didn’t tell you when Ukrainians gave Nigeria a large chunk of weapons and sold A lot to Soviet era Weapons to us ? Everyone should rise against any aggressor only then
Can global peace be sustained
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2023
leofab:
your history didn’t tell you when Ukrainians gave Nigeria a large chunk of weapons and sold A lot to Soviet era Weapons to us ? Everyone should rise against any aggressor only then

Shut up! Ukraine is the aggressor, killing the people of donbas for over 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by mysticwarrior(m): 4:32am On Feb 14, 2023
pol23:
You sent your Tank and it will first be modernize to be fit for the war…
Why bother yourselves?
my brother the matter no tire you even the T-72B tanks is a Russian made tank, using a Russian made tank to fight against the Russians is funny though.

1 Like

Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by mysticwarrior(m): 4:36am On Feb 14, 2023
leofab post=120879218[b:
]your history didn’t tell you when Ukrainians gave Nigeria a large chunk of weapons and sold A lot to Soviet era Weapons to us ? [/b]Everyone should rise against any aggressor only then
when did this happened, please tell us something we don't know
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by ocelot2006(m): 6:24pm On Feb 14, 2023
leofab:

Apart from a few BTR-4s that we purchased, what other "large chunk of weapons and A lot of Soviet era Weapons" did Ukraine give us and when?
Re: Morocco Becomes The First African Country To Give Tanks To Ukraine by Otobong3374(m): 9:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
atmy1:

Shut up! Ukraine is the aggressor, killing the people of donbas for over 8 years.
Were You There In Donbas Or You Saw It On Social Media? If You Were Not There That Means You Don't Know Anything About Donbas

(1) (Reply)

S. Africa Criticized For Taking A Call From Hamas Leader Ismail Haniyeh (PICS) / Trump Vs Clinton Latest Polls / Search For Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Abandoned 3 Years After It Went Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.