Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us (45439 Views)

Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / Two Nigerian Students Sent To Study Abroad Welcome A New Baby. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by Blackdisciple(m): 5:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Schools wants to use this medium to squeeze the neck of parents, God pass una
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by yaki84: 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2023
okrikaboi:

Transfer when you enter taxi na
Ur taxi fare cant be more than 2k per drop...
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by olaeffect(m): 5:51pm On Jan 24, 2023
alizma:
Nice one. There are other options there and that is what the CBN is pushing for. Less of cash transaction and more of electronic means of payment.

Gbam!!!
Simple!
Or is it by force to collect cash?
A school can even decide that going forward only electronic payments or bank tellers would be allowed for fees payment.
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by olaeffect(m): 5:54pm On Jan 24, 2023
Blackdisciple:
Schools wants to use this medium to squeeze the neck of parents, God pass una

How?
Do you pay a lesser amount when you pay school fees by old notes?

Nigerians must sha complain grin
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by theamazonguru(m): 5:59pm On Jan 24, 2023
I don't see how this is a problem. Who goes to the bank to withdraw cash in order to pay school fees in this age and times?
When there are other channels there which I believe are even more convenient.

Simply do transfer, send the screenshot of your debit alert or evidence of payment to the school WhatsApp school.

Well except we are talking of a village school where the parents of the pupils are most likely uneducated. In that case, I advise such parents to simply comply.
The school can't risk collecting old notes till the deadline and not be able to swap before the window closes.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by benzypher(m): 6:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
U didn't tell us how much the school fees is

It might even be one peanut amount yet u are here complaining and disturbing us undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
...of what importance is this to the discourse
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by CaptainFM1: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
I'm just about writing my employee that I won't be able to pay them salary this month due to unavailability of new notes.
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by sync(f): 6:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Which kind school be this. See all the grammatical errors biko nu
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by quinox947: 6:22pm On Jan 24, 2023
alizma:
Nice one. There are other options there and that is what the CBN is pushing for. Less of cash transaction and more of electronic means of payment.
So that banks can rip us off with their outrageous commission even for failed transactions?

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
Do you think they are right or just being unreasonable?

Why didn’t you do a transfer, what’s all this craze with carrying CASH ?
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by smasher1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2023
God1000:
Why the hasty move by the school when the CBN deadline is still far away

Maybe they are just being circumspect

There's no haste here. They are right. I taught in a school in 2009. No cash payment. So, I'm surprised that they are even asking for cash.
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by Blackdisciple(m): 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
olaeffect:

How?
Do you pay a lesser amount when you pay school fees by old notes?

Nigerians must sha complain grin

No one is paying lesser amount oo, the school parents to pay on time, if anyone exceeds the last date will have to pay with the new notes . But I don't know what is wrong with Lagos banks everything for Naija always affect Lagos even if other states comply Lagos will always be different
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by Seankhalifa: 7:11pm On Jan 24, 2023
Revolution2022:
I go POS go withdraw na old naira notes them give me.
u can reject the note.. or go to somewhere else
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by Desusi: 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Promotions:
please kindly pay the peanut sum for the op..I believe you can do it
For where? In this austere time.! Akwa gum!
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by phemmyfour: 7:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Meektunz:
Do you think they are right or just being unreasonable?
What happened to bank transfer ....this is cashless policy
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by philos(m): 8:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
My concern is actually that only N1000 is being circulated currently, and N500, and N200 are no where sighted!
This may cause a hyper inflation, where N1000 may be taken as the lowest denomination. Mind you, 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5 denominations are in short supply.
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by Reallv: 11:48pm On Jan 24, 2023
okrikaboi:

Transfer when you enter taxi na
That you can use 100naira denomination
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by bluefilm: 5:25am On Jan 25, 2023
alizma:

If only you knew what Klaus Schwab is pushing for with all the cashless policy, you won't be so excited about the cashless policy because the end goal is to take away your freedom.

But then again, I am just another conspiracy theorist.
Re: New Naira Notes Scarcity, See What My Son's School Sent To Us by DaInferno(m): 6:12am On Jan 25, 2023
alizma:
went to the market to buy drinks last week, I transfer money from my firstbank to retailer zenith bank.

Waited for hrs...Las las, he collected my number that when he sees the alert, I'd get the drinks. He said he saw it in the night.

CBN wants online transactions but have a really horrible and unimproved network

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nekede Polytechnic Graduate Shares Her Accident Experience & School Experiences / Test If You Have H-factor / Lasu Post Utme 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.