Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? (861 Views)

Can Chatgpt Replace Software Developers? / Can Chatgpt Be The Future Of Some Skills / Let's Talk About OpenAI ChatGPT. What's The Future of Developers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by omoluabiguy: 6:53pm On Jan 24, 2023
Check out what I did with chatgpt

Instructing ChatGPT to write code for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7EJnPgbY6o

Will this AI bot take away people’s jobs?
Share your thoughts?
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by obiekunie01: 7:06pm On Jan 24, 2023
omoluabiguy:

Chatgpt is so amazing and so fukn scary at the same time.

it is a strong prove the AI may take over everything just 20 years from now.

as it is now, it writes much much more clearer codes to some extent.

give it a few years from now and AI will be able to code more efficient and highly versatile system - you and i knws what that will mean to humanity,

IN NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, THE COMPUTERS MAY REBEL AGAINST US THE WAY WE REBELED AGAINST GOD.
THEY MAY EVEN DECIDE TO ANIHILATE US JUST AS WE DID TO THE ONES THAT PROGRAMMED US.
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by BRATISLAVA: 7:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Everyday this question.

Have computers and robots stolen all your jobs yet?

1 Like

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by nepapole(m): 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2023
Na to go learn handwork bayii

1 Like

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by truthCoder: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2023
obiekunie01:

Chatgpt is so amazing and so fukn scary at the same time.

it is a strong prove the AI may take over everything just 20 years from now.

as it is now, it writes much much more clearer codes to some extent.

give it a few years from now and AI will be able to code more efficient and highly versatile system - you and i knws what that will mean to humanity,

IN NOT TOO DISTANT FUTURE, THE COMPUTERS MAY REBEL AGAINST US THE WAY WE REBELED AGAINST GOD.
THEY MAY EVEN DECIDE TO ANIHILATE US JUST AS WE DID TO THE ONES THAT PROGRAMMED US.

This is the programming section and not an incantation bus stop

Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by obiekunie01: 9:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
truthCoder:

Thank you

gosh! i so hate whn f00ls quote me.

we are discussing AI here NOT 'UF' [unintelligent fools]. now get da fukout of my mention!
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by truthCoder: 9:34pm On Jan 24, 2023
obiekunie01:

gosh! i so hate whn f00ls quote me.

we are discussing AI here NOT 'UF' [unintelligent fools]. now get da fukout of my mention!

You dont want to start this.

Cheers

4 Likes

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by obiekunie01: 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2023
truthCoder:

You dont want to start this.

Cheers

same with u ma boy.
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by fhranchez(m): 11:19pm On Jan 24, 2023
Can a calculator take away a math tutor's job?

2 Likes

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
How would ChatGpt take away programmers job?

To use the codes it gives u, you have to first understand it.

To understand it, you have to be a Programmer first.

For me Ai will create more jobs, Just like Computers did.

1 Like

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by February30(m): 5:29am On Jan 25, 2023
This is nothing but Google search being more personal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by truthCoder: 9:03am On Jan 25, 2023
February30:
This is nothing but Google search being more personal

You simply are ignorant of how it works. Do well to research more before making spurious comments.
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by truthCoder: 9:05am On Jan 25, 2023
obiekunie01:

same with u ma boy.

A further stupid comment from you and i will revisit your matter.
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by obiekunie01: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2023
truthCoder:

A further stupid comment from you and i will revisit your matter.

cheesy

no vex!
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by Techbots2k: 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2023
No doubt it's going to be a 2- way thing. Jobs will be lost because of the AI and more jobs in other aspects will be created.
The best thing to do now is to upskill in the direction of the AI.
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by airsaylongcome: 8:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
truthCoder:

Thank you

Loooooool! So you have "dirty mouth" too

1 Like

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by fastanddubious(m): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2023

Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by Alphabyte1: 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
fastanddubious:

IBM layoff is trending because with AI they have figure out how to automate work
Re: Can Chatgpt Take Away Programmers Job? by melexchi(m): 7:50am On Jan 27, 2023
U're just being ignorant, do u know how it source for informations? If people stops uploading their code to GitHub,Stack overflow and Medium blogs how will Chatgpt gather information? Chatgpt is just a personalized google search that doesn't work with SEO rather it works it compares and try to give out the best which sometimes can be trash, of u're not a Programmer u can't use the code given to u by Chatgpt

(1) (Reply)

Help: An Error Has Occurred / A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface / Thanks a lot for ur help.I kinda redesigned my own component

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.