Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

Help: An Error Has Occurred - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help: An Error Has Occurred (863 Views)

When Angry Programmer Get An Error! / Help An Aspiring Programmer / Dreamweaver (an Unexpected Error Has Occured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: An Error Has Occurred by nateone(m): 3:17am On Nov 03, 2007
hi house, pls, who can explain in detail what is the meaning of this result

An Error Has Occurred

2: Division by zero
File: /home/naijacam/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 584

happened to my website, can anybody sugest a way to go about it
Re: Help: An Error Has Occurred by Kobojunkie: 3:38am On Nov 03, 2007
I am thinking the error is that some function tried to divide by zero and that caused an error, as it says there in the exception message you posted.

nateone:

hi house, please, who can explain in detail what is the meaning of this result

An Error Has Occurred

2: Division by zero
File: /home/naijacam/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 584

happened to my website, can anybody sugest a way to go about it

Try stepping through your code to debug it and you may find out where the problem is and fix it.
Re: Help: An Error Has Occurred by my2cents(m): 10:36am On Nov 03, 2007
In addition to what Kobo has said:

It is possible that you didn't purposely intend to divide by zero. There is probably a condition you haven't accounted for in your code which raised this flag at this particular time. I would modify the code to include a try-catch block. That way, if the condition ever arises again, your code can crash gracefully. Depending on what version of PHP you are using, this should be available to you.

Also look at the "@" (error supressor) symbol. WARNING: This only suppresses error messages but not error detection. Only use this if you are 100% certain that your program can proceed as usual even if a divide-by-zero does occur.

I hope this helps.
Re: Help: An Error Has Occurred by allonym: 8:01am On Nov 12, 2007
You don't need to step through your code. Your error plainly says the problem occurred on line 584 in /home/naijacam/public_html/Sources/Subs.php. Look at your code on that line and around it. Why is it dividing by zero? Fix the problem.

(1) (Reply)

A Very KOOL Graphic User Interface / . / How To Build A Web Forum?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.