Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,674 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline (5449 Views)

$1/900 Why CBN Must Avoid Emefiele's Mistake / Why CBN Shouldn’t Extend Naira Swap Deadline – Atiku / Olawepo Hashim Explained Why CBN Has Failed To Grow Nigeria’s Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by orisa37: 1:01pm On Jan 25, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad, you are an Amateur TERRORIST. Two thousand SUPPORTERS OF A TWO BULLION WHATEVER CAN CHANGE THEM IN ONE DAY AT INCLUSIVE COMMISSION.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by orisa37: 1:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
You want to fight a WITCH, BE A SUPER SPIRIT.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2023
The policy affects atiku cos he can't win without spraying money, tinubu has the structure and APC governors
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Ddokie: 1:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Urchinpainer:

Immediately after presidential election Emefiele will grant a second chance for people stuck with old notes.

Correct guy.

Shebi u sef see the game.

2 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by AdaojoTheUrchin: 1:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
Any finger that will vote Thiefnubuu must suffer leprosy. Insha Allah!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by aggos: 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Why won't he shift ground...does he own Nigeria? Or maybe he wants us to be queueing for the new naira notes the same way we are for fuel.....not possible my friend

Nigeriafirstlad:
In 2019 one certain politician in Lagos took two bullion van to his house some days before election even when he wasn't contesting.

I can bet you, with this redesigned naira note, where will he see bullion van of the new noaira notes? Which bank will openly give him two bullion van of the new naira notes this time around?? To be sincere, Emefiele has insisted on the deadline and has no plans to shift his ground

This policy will affect the masses, but it will destroy one man completely, no two ways about it.

One Man Action Making ALL Citizens To Suffer....
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by chival(f): 2:36pm On Jan 25, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Perhaps you are not aware of the amount of money being dealt with. Any bank manager that allows a withdrawal of even a tiny fraction of such money will probably end up in prison. There's just no way to hide such a transaction, especially now that the CBN/EFCC will be on the lookout.
Forestalling huge withdrawals by politicians is also the reason for the withdrawal limit placed by CBN on both individuals and organisations. It is a no-brainer, if Emefiele is able to stand his ground on this issue, many politicians will be affected adversely in the coming elections.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by aggos: 2:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ablemed:

Cuz of just two men's arrogance in Russia and Ukraine, thousands of lives have been lost and more are dying and is still gonna die. Naira design is just a scratch to what these folks would put Nigerians thr cuz of personal beef or ego

Powers are fighting Tinubu and would do anything whatsoever to stop him and the Naira design is just one of the steps

For your information, redesigning the NAIRA cannot affect the elites, they are more powerful than what you can imagine. Unlike you and me, they won't step out of their homes to get the newly designed notes. What you know is what you know...

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by MiaBeer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2023
thesicilian:
So you think the central bank will go through the rigorous process of redesigning and printing new naira notes for the entire nation all because of one man? That's kind of myopic thinking in my opinion.
Your enemies can do outrageous and unimaginable things to destroy you. Try to avoid being a doubting Thomas ok.

2 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Alusiizizi(m): 3:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
chival:

Forestalling huge withdrawals by politicians is also the reason for the withdrawal limit placed by CBN on both individuals and organisations. It is a no-brainer, if Emefiele is able to stand his ground on this issue, many politicians will be affected adversely in the coming elections.

Very true. First they change the currency, insist on a hard deadline to surrender old currencies right before the election and then impose withdrawal limits on what in principle would be new currencies. They must have been planning this for months before announcement. Anyone hoarding large sums of cash in vaults is basically screwed at this point in time.

Also from the looks of things Emefiele need not worry about intimidation. He has the backing of the presidency as well as some very powerful actors.

3 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by hardbody: 3:33pm On Jan 25, 2023
thesicilian:
So you think the central bank will go through the rigorous process of redesigning and printing new naira notes for the entire nation all because of one man? That's kind of myopic thinking in my opinion.

You are wrong boss, this one man is one man like many men. Why do you think Emefiele has come under a barrage of attacks. This is Nigerian politics bro.

1 Like

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by kozmokaz(m): 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2023
thesicilian:

It is not because of just one man my dear !!!

They are trying to save over 200m people from one man

2 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Alusiizizi(m): 3:40pm On Jan 25, 2023
aggos:

For your information, redesigning the NAIRA cannot affect the elites, they are more powerful than what you can imagine. Unlike you and me, they won't step out of their homes to get the newly designed notes. What you know is what you know...

You know, the most powerful agent of power is but the illusion of it. From your words you seem to believe that these men are so powerful that they approach the status of gods, but mark my words, your so called "powerful" are loosing many hours of sleep over this. As far as I can tell there are only two options(assuming of course that Emefiele stands his ground which at this point is a near certainty):

1: Leave those huge cash hoards in their vaults and gamble on the slim possibility that an extension will be made which is a huge risk that
could potentially render them bankrupt.

2: Use "agents" to have the moneys exchanged with new currency(i.e employ perhaps 10,000 such agents, give each of them 10 million
each and have them return with new currency, less commission, in which case one still bears the risk of having most of their money
stolen from them right under their noses).

Either way they're fvcked. Beautiful, isn't it.

2 Likes

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by teeytimi: 3:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad:

I strongly believe you own or operate a bank to come up with this beer palour conclusion that bank manager can just be called to empty his vault..

Kids now have a say on national issue because of android phones.
Go and study your books youngman.
helder state man peele, do you think I reason with emotion like you lots do.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by teeytimi: 3:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
BamakSNR:

Sen. Abiru was former General manager of Polaris bank. A call to Abiru is a call to Polaris. Stopping vote buying with that is a joke. Dollar will rather flow
leave those emotional being to their delusion
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by teeytimi: 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Perhaps you are not aware of the amount of money being dealt with. Any bank manager that allows a withdrawal of even a tiny fraction of such money will probably end up in prison. There's just no way to hide such a transaction, especially now that the CBN/EFCC will be on the lookout.
nah you wan put am for prison
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by teeytimi: 4:00pm On Jan 25, 2023
MrEverest:

Lol, are you a kid?

You think bank managers have the liberty to release huge sums of money to politicians without getting permission?

If banks operate like that do you think any of them will still be in operation today?

If the monetary reforms won't affect Tinubu, then why is he killing himself over it?
helder can you tell us who gave the permission for the huge sum that was delivered to Tinubu two days to election in 2019
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by teeytimi: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
So many emotional thinkers In one space. Wow just wow.
Do most of you know that these banks survive by political patronage,

do you even know that the withdrawal limit have no effect on politicians.
Do you know how many accounts they can use to bypass the restrictions.

As I said, I am not a fan of TINUBU but when I see fallacy I must point it out
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
What makes you think Emiefele has not given Tinubu ten bullion vans? I believe Atiku is actually the target. It is a game by APC to starve Atiku off money and keep Tinubu as the only one with money to bribe voters.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by chival(f): 4:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Alusiizizi:

Very true. First they change the currency, insist on a hard deadline to surrender old currencies right before the election and then impose withdrawal limits on what in principle would be new currencies. They must have been planning this for months before announcement. Anyone hoarding large sums of cash in vaults is basically screwed at this point in time.

Also from the looks of things Emefiele need not worry about intimidation. He has the backing of the presidency as well as some very powerful actors.
Spot on.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by JoeTravels19(m): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
Quality lubricant for sale

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Senioreddy: 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
teeytimi:
Even though I am not a fan of TINUBU but I must confess you a politically naive if you thing naira redesign will affect politicians not to even talk of Tinubu. Only a call to bank manager the rest is history

Shebi na when you see the new notes na.
The new notes in the entire country no reach 5 bullion vans
Besides, Bank MDs are being watched
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Igba123: 5:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
teeytimi:
Even though I am not a fan of TINUBU but I must confess you a politically naive if you thing naira redesign will affect politicians not to even talk of Tinubu. Only a call to bank manager the rest is history
did you read the other news which said that CBN lack the money to print enough new notes to go round. Did you also read that one of the reasons for redesign is to mop up the excess cash in circulation? No politicians will access that kind of cash enough to engage in the kind of vote buying we are used to in Nigeria.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Igba123: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
teeytimi:
So many emotional thinkers In one space. Wow just wow.
Do most of you know that these banks survive by political patronage,

do you even know that the withdrawal limit have no effect on politicians.
Do you know how many accounts they can use to bypass the restrictions.

As I said, I am not a fan of TINUBU but when I see fallacy I must point it out
we know but let me ask, what was the reason given by CBN? One is to mop up the the excess cash in circulation. Therefore, CBN have not printed enough notes that can satiate the politicians' quest for cash. So no bank will have enough to conveniently engage in helping politicians launder money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by Ablemed: 6:41pm On Jan 26, 2023
aggos:

Yes you are right but then, when the money is not even enough to go around when would the elite see the enough cash to bribe voters?? and that's just the brain here
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by sapele914(m): 6:59pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nigeriafirstlad:
In 2019 one certain politician in Lagos took two bullion van to his house some days before election even when he wasn't contesting.

I can bet you, with this redesigned naira note, where will he see bullion van of the new noaira notes? Which bank will openly give him two bullion van of the new naira notes this time around?? To be sincere, Emefiele has insisted on the deadline and has no plans to shift his ground

This policy will affect the masses, but it will destroy one man completely, no two ways about it.

One Man Action Making ALL Citizens To Suffer....
Only poor people reason like you.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by sapele914(m): 7:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
Igba123:
we know but let me ask, what was the reason given by CBN? One is to mop up the the excess cash in circulation. Therefore, CBN have not printed enough notes that can satiate the politicians' quest for cash. So no bank will have enough to conveniently engage in helping politicians launder money.
Electronic laundering, welcome to the country of the fantastically corrupt.
Re: This Is the Reason Why CBN Is Not Shifting Deadline by kay9(m): 2:13am On Jan 27, 2023
chival:

Excellent insight, my very same opinion. I also foresee Meffy suddenly doing a U-turn maybe 1 week after elections and "bowing to the demands of the honest Nigerian public" to lift restrictions on depositing old notes for another 2 months.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Throwback: Gabonese President Ali Bongo Is Igbo,Adopted From Nigeria’s Southeast / Taraba State Governor Is Dead / The Problem Of Igbo Jews And History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.