Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation (990 Views)

Dear Peter Obi, What Happened To The Onitsha Monorail Plan? / Peter Obi Onitsha Rally: Reno Omokri Blows Hot / Money Rain As Peter Obi Onitsha Supporters Spray Money During Onitsha Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2023
In 2010, then Gov. Peter Obi signed an MoU with a company called "Globim Corporation" for the design and construction of monorail in Onitsha, Anambra state. Globim Corporation is acclaimed to be a company based in Canada and purportedly owned by a Nigerian; Dr Jude Igwemezie.
But a quick check on the company's website; www.globim.com shows that the company doesn't have any record of engaging in any project like that in it's history. Infact the website looks like something that was hastily put up. Also another check on the website shows it was registered in 2011; a year after it was awarded such a huge contract!? What happened to the project till now is unknown as there is no sign of that project ever being inaugurated in Onitsha or Anambra till this day even after 13years.
This is looking like a perfect case of money laundering. Peter Obi's corrupt fingerprints are everywhere for people who are ready to see.
Peter Obi is indeed looking like a well packaged fraud...may God help us!
References:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/anambra-globim-sign-mou-for-monorail-in-onitsha/
https://allafrica.com/stories/201012010449.html
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/39281/onitsha-to-get-monorail-system.html
Cc seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Naira20: 10:48am On Jan 25, 2023
Okay

I'm sure many didn't know the Lagos rail was Lateef K. Jakande's idea in the early 80s.

That said,
Peter Obi is Nigeria's choice for 2023 and he is not only competent but trustworthy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Jones4190(m): 10:49am On Jan 25, 2023
package thief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Naijanascam: 10:53am On Jan 25, 2023
grin grin grin

Urchins and desperation are inseparable

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Goldenisssilenc: 10:55am On Jan 25, 2023
And then?!

It's a fully private thing. No government monies involved..

The company likely did the feasibility studies and could not carry on..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 10:58am On Jan 25, 2023
Naira20:
Okay

I'm sure many didn't know the Lagos rail was Lateef K. Jakande's idea in the early 80s.

That said,
Peter Obi is Nigeria's choice for 2023 and he is not only competent but trustworthy

Answer the question; what happened to the project? How do you award such a huge project to Globim; an unknown company that has no antecedent engaging in such capital project? Whatever is motivating you people to support this guy is definitely not competence. This man is looking like a well disguised thief!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 11:00am On Jan 25, 2023
Goldenisssilenc:
And then?!

It's a fully private thing. No government monies involved..

The company likely did the feasibility studies and could not carry on..
And then an agreement was signed and why Globim; an unknown company in the first place; do you people have conscience at all?!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by FreeStuffsNG: 11:00am On Jan 25, 2023
Audio

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 11:07am On Jan 25, 2023
Naijanascam:
grin grin grin

Urchins and desperation are inseparable
These are facts being presented here; not spurious allegations like you people are known for.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Naira20: 11:18am On Jan 25, 2023
I'm interested in Lagos and I discuss what I know.

First, I'm not privy to the contract.
Peter Obi would have cancelled it if he sensed some anomaly. Hence, it would have been stopped.
Peter Obi have spoken about contracts cancelled during interviews.

However, same can not be said about Tinubu.Who would award contracts to his cronies and has grabbed 13% of choice lands in Lagos.
funshint:

Answer the question; what happened to the project? How do you award such a huge project to Globim; an unknown company that has no antecedent engaging in such capital project? Whatever is motivating you people to support this guy is definitely not competence. This man is looking like a well disguised thief!
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Naira20:

Peter Obi would have cancelled it if he sensed some anomaly. Hence, it would have been stopped.

However, same can not be said about Tinubu.Who would award contracts to his cronies and has grabbed 13% of choice lands in Lagos.
You are not privy to the contract but you know he would have cancelled it...but you can say affirmatively that Tinubu only awards contract to his cronies though you don't have any proof to backup your claims. See as hate has eroded your senses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Naira20:

You are not privy to the contract but you know he would have cancelled it...but you can say affirmatively that Tinubu only awards contract to his cronies though you don't have any proof to backup your claims. I swear, hate has eroded your senses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by PraizHim: 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2023
Urchins una desperation knows no bound.

MOU na contract ?

A memorandum of understanding, or MOU, is a nonbinding agreement that states each party's intentions to take action, conduct a business transaction, or form a new partnership.

what about this man below

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by PraizHim: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
Deal with Ikoyi drug Lord first.

1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Winnersunited: 12:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
funshint:

You are engaging in speculation and elicitation. If you are a journalist or an investigator, you should be able to unearth the facts. And if you don't have any facts, please don't waste our time. Some of us are above these prancks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by SmartPolician: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
If you caught Peter Obi stealing Anambra money, call our (or EFCC's) attention to it. Having government officials who steal public funds is one of the biggest challenges of this country.

Everyone wants Nigeria's wealth to circulate properly, not a few privileged people looting the money and giving the rest peanuts and expecting to be worshipped for it. Until then, everything remains immaterial.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by 3ple9iner: 12:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
Naira20:

He gave an instance to his claim, you should also do so too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Apophenia24k: 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
funshint:
In 2010, then Gov. Peter Obi signed an MoU with a company called "Globim Corporation" for the design and construction of monorail in Onitsha, Anambra state. Globim Corporation is acclaimed to be a company based in Canada and purportedly owned by a Nigerian; Dr Jude Igwemezie.
But a quick check on the company's website; www.globim.com shows that the company doesn't have any record of engaging in any project like that in it's history. Infact the website looks like something that was hastily put up. Also another check on the website shows it was registered in 2011; a year after it was awarded such a huge contract!? What happened to the project till now is unknown as there is no sign of that project ever being inaugurated in Onitsha or Anambra till this day even after 13years.
This is looking like a perfect case of money laundering. Peter Obi's corrupt fingerprints are everywhere for people who are ready to see.
Peter Obi is indeed looking like a well packaged fraud...may God help us!
References:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/11/anambra-globim-sign-mou-for-monorail-in-onitsha/
https://allafrica.com/stories/201012010449.html
https://www.thenigerianvoice.com/news/39281/onitsha-to-get-monorail-system.html
Cc seun

So we should vote Tinubu now or what?
Tinubu cannot be President of Nigeria, it statistically impossible.
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
3ple9iner:

He gave an instance to his claim, you should also do so too.
So why will you give an highly technical contract to a company that has no history or experience of executing such project before in the first place? Don't you feel something is seriously wrong somewhere?
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Naijanascam: 5:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
funshint:

These are facts being presented here; not spurious allegations like you people are known for.

The facts as you said only existed in your subconsciousness and not known to humans

Urchins, Agbadorians, Jagabandits and desperation..... can't defrentiate between MOU and CONTRACT
Certificated morons
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by 3ple9iner: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2023
funshint:

So why will you give an highly technical contract to a company that has no history or experience of executing such project before in the first place? Don't you feel something is seriously wrong somewhere?
I understand you. I was just asking him to give a proof where Tinubu collected 13% from contractors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 5:31pm On Jan 25, 2023
Naijanascam:

The facts as you said only existed in your subconsciousness and not known to humans

Urchins, Agbadorians, Jagabandits and desperation..... can't defrentiate between MOU and CONTRACT
Certificated morons
So what is MoU and what is contract? 🤡

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by Naijanascam: 10:24pm On Jan 25, 2023
funshint:

So what is MoU and what is contract? 🤡

Your maggots infested brain are in the right position to answer that......

Grandpa with kindergarten sense
Yeye dey smell
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by RZArecta(m): 10:29pm On Jan 25, 2023
Tinubu threw shades at Buhari today, that's what we're discussing and not this nonsense after all, Tinubu has a well documented drug funds forfeiture case in America. Nobody holy pass, Nigerians are only looking for the lesser evil
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 10:31pm On Jan 25, 2023
Naijanascam:

Your intelligent brain are in the right position to answer that......
Fixed😉
Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by odi1278(m): 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2023
You are a fool. Show us the cost of the project and whether any payments went to the company. Urchins rest na.
funshint:

Re: Peter Obi, Onitsha Monorail And Globim Corporation by funshint(m): 10:40pm On Jan 25, 2023
odi1278:
You are a fool. Show us the cost of the project and whether any payments went to the company. Urchins rest na.
Why give contract to an unknown company. That your Obi is a thief!

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi Stoned In The North For Supporting IPOB / Perform In 2years Or Get Sacked - Obidients Tell Peter Obi / Labour Party Lead In My Unit!!! Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.