Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,603 members, 7,851,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:45 PM

Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu (1622 Views)

Civil Society Groups Protest In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity, Naira Swap Issues / Fuel Scarcity, Naira Redesign Are Plans To Scuttle Elections – Tinubu / Presidential Race: We’re Not Troubled By Osinbajo’s Ambition – Tinubu’s Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by FuglyGurl(f): 6:43pm On Jan 25, 2023
Buhari regime using fuel scarcity, naira notes crisis to suppress my election chances: Tinubu

Bola Tinubu on Wednesday accused the Buhari administration of using the raging fuel scarcity and recently-introduced naira notes and cash handling policies of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to blunt his chances at the ballot box next month.

“You’re hoarding fuel and hoarding the naira,” Mr Tinubu said during a campaign stop in Abeokuta this afternoon. “Still, we will vote, and we will win this election.”

“Whether you change the ink of the naira or spend money till you are in debt, things won’t turn out as you hope, we are the ones who will win the election, and our opponents will fail,” Mr Tinubu said.

The presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress was expressing his disapproval over the fuel crisis that has seen long queues across the country, with citizens spending productive hours at filling stations while also paying more to get the crucial commodity.

The CBN also recently announces changes to the national currency and vastly limited amounts that could be withdrawn in a day from bank accounts across the country. The currency change has seen millions of Nigerians besieging banking halls across the country in a rush to deposit cash still in their possessions. Politicians like Mr Tinubu, who have been counting on using cash to sway the election, have been grumbling over the policy changes.

Recognising the potential devastation of acute fuel shortages ahead of a presidential election, Mr Tinubu appeared not only to distance himself from the policies but to insinuate a conspiracy against him by President Muhammadu Buhari, his political ally whom he helped into office in 2015. Mr Buhari has indicated his intention to allow a level-playing field during the upcoming election, a position that has unsettled Mr Tinubu who was looking forward to a generous payback for his contribution to Mr Buhari’s electoral successes in 2015 and 2019.

Mr Buhari said he backed CBN’s decision to recolour naira notes in order to restore control over the money supply. Millions of Nigerians have been forced by the programme to transfer their cash to banks before it loses its legal tender status next week. While the general public has lamented the policy’s haste, political moneybags have more insidious discontent.

Mr Tinubu and his crew have a niche for influencing elections with money through various means, including vote buying. On the eve of the 2019 general elections, multiple bullion vans were seen entering his private residence in Ikoyi Lagos, drawing wide criticisms. His contenders Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party and Peter Obi of the Labour Party have also been previously accused of paying voters.

Mr Tinubu said the government’s plan to remove subsidies and increase in fuel prices are tactics to scare the voters, promising a reduced price at the pump if elected on February 25.

“They want to put their caps on their waist, they are planning to increase the price of fuel, don’t be worried, we will bring it down. They don’t want the election to hold, but will you let them?” he asked rhetorically.

“They think they can cause panic, the sabotaged fuel supply, whether there are means on vehicular movement or not, on election day, we will go and vote, and we will win,” he added.

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-regime-using-fuel-scarcity-naira-notes-crisis-to-suppress-my-election-chances-tinubu/
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Urheadmaster(m): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
tongue

Tulubo trying so hard to resurrect his dead ambition because of personal selfishness angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
Hehehe! It has been endless weeping, wailing and lamentations since January 1st on the side of the emilokan ACN - APC.He didn't know when the gavy train have disconnected from him. Tinubu you see your life?

It is confirmed! Bola Tinubu is the one instigating the DSS to fight & arrest Godwin Emefiele. These were the kinds of antics played by Tinubu and the APC with the Occupy & Save Nigeria groups especially the anti-subsidy riots @ Ojota during the pre-2014 era. Karma is back.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Officialgarri: 6:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
A news from gazette is no news . I think only a fool can take gazette as a credible source of information .
Gazette and Sahara reporters are mere hungry blogs dishing out sensational headlines and too-good-to-be-true news just to clickbait and make more money
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by coolcharm(m): 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
So APC is Campaigning Against APC?

Wonderful grin

Tinubu is proud, boastful, arrogant and uncultured.

He will fail woefully!

💩 💩 💩

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Xscape1993(m): 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Bye bye to the founder of agberos in Nigeria and the drug landlord of Africa....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
See this man.He did not criticise Buhari for the insecurity and high inflation that Buhari inflicted upon Nigerians.It is his personal ambition that matters to him.
If tinubu is sure of winning the election he should not use his agent,oluomo and iyaloja,to coerce voters to vote for him.
He should not bribe voters.
Lastly,he should not influence the electoral officers to use incidence form.
The election should be a clean contest.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by worldTina(f): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
Nawao
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Earlystar698(m): 6:48pm On Jan 25, 2023
E Don red for bulabu anyway more gworo to gandollar 😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Brendaniel: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
You guys punished Nigerians, lied to Nigerians, deceived Nigerians, killed Nigerians and you expect us to reward you to continue....

We are taking back our country with Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by WibusJaga: 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2023

Just look at this greedy balablu bulaba druggie that is only concerned with his selfish emilokan ambition
&not what Nigerians are suffering for the fuel scarcity. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Racoon(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Officialgarri:
A news from gazette is no news . I think only a fool can take gazette as a credible source of information .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFf03shwrX0

Save your premium tears till enough buckets have been procure to contain them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Aliu Ogunbekun MEDIA
Head of Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ)---
Chris Isiguzo

PETROL
Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria IPMAN
----Chonedu Okonkwo

ELECTRICITY
Electricity workers association --- Joe Ajaero

FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
Central bank of Nigeria - Godwin Emefiele

HEALTH
Nigerian Medical Association--Dr.Uche Ojinma

What do these critical sectors have in common ?

They are sectors that controls basic neccesities of any country

Look at the names of the heads of these institutions

They are all from one region of tge country

All of them

We all know the media has been against the pmb government since 2015

Fuel scarcity is no coincidence after 7 years of no scacity ,3 months to election it all starts .

We have enjoyed constant electricity for a long time

Now they hardly function

The Health workers go on strile just to make goveremt look bad

They are planing another strike in a few weeks

We can all see how the CBN has messed the country up

This is all not a coinsidence

Its all deliberate

NIGERIANS SHINE YOUR EYES !!!
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Earlystar698(m): 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
Officialgarri:
Gazette and Sahara reporters are mere hungry blogs dishing out sensational headlines and too-good-to-be-true news just to clickbait and make more money
I saw your signature, how much is 100 bags of white and yellow garri please.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Omihanifa: 6:56pm On Jan 25, 2023
See the way he was talking today in abeokuta. One could barely hear him. Baba sounded like a microphone with a dying battery.

Is it now he's just knowing that buhari is not in support of his ambition? Something that is so obvious to everyone. A president that hasn't following his party Candidate to campaign venues undecided

Even when he decided to now following him he only chose 10 state out of 36 states, his body language at the campaign grounds says it all. Baba dey show everyone that he's neutral and won't influence anything.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Officialgarri: 6:57pm On Jan 25, 2023
Earlystar698:
I saw your signature, how much is 100 bags of white and yellow garri please.
awwnnn.. actually that was a business I was so interested in some years ago . I actually tried it but couldn't keep up with other things I had going. Just walk to any market and find out the prices. It shouldn't have much differences , I think

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Pakute: 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
FuglyGurl:
Buhari regime using fuel scarcity, naira notes crisis to suppress my election chances: Tinubu

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-regime-using-fuel-scarcity-naira-notes-crisis-to-suppress-my-election-chances-tinubu/
Misleading headline from another Mikano boy. Tinubu wasn't referring to Buhari's govt but saboteurs hoarding fuel & increasing fuel price as against the regulated price.

cc Nlfpmod Mynd44 seun dominique

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 25, 2023
Officialgarri:
These two online news publishers you mentioned are not censored by the government like TVC ,the nation and co.They give it as the see it Sue them if they are fake news publishers.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Ancestortinubu: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
Na lie, buhari called you Mr. President in bauchi rally.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
Racoon:
Hehehe! It has been endless weeping, wailing and lamentations since January 1st on the side of the emilokan ACN - APC.He didn't know when the gavy train have disconnected from him. Tinubu you see your life?

It is confirmed! Bola Tinubu is the one instigating the DSS to fight & arrest Godwin Emefiele. These were the kinds of antics played by Tinubu and the APC with the Occupy & Save Nigeria groups especially the anti-subsidy riots @ Ojota during the pre-2014 era. Karma is back.
No doubt.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by ibechris(m): 7:11pm On Jan 25, 2023
Officialgarri:

Because it is not against Atiku and Obi.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Pakute: 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
Omihanifa:
See the way he was talking today in abeokuta. One could barely hear him. Baba sounded like a microphone with a dying battery.

Is it now he's just knowing that buhari is not in support of his ambition? Something that is so obvious to everyone. A president that hasn't following his party Candidate to campaign venues undecided

Even when he decided to now following him he only chose 10 state out of 36 states, his body language at the campaign grounds says it all. Baba dey show everyone that he's neutral and won't influence anything.
Children of hate and bitterness, the manner at which you wish people dead makes Satan cringe. Your fathers that were hale and hearty, were are they today?... Where is the President of Onaheze Ndigbo?, where is Abia PDP Gubernatorial Candidate?, i'm sure they at one point in time, had insulted Tinubu. If you dropped dead today, we won't be surprised if you dropped dead before Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Betanaija42moro: 7:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
APC is a confused party.

Nigeria are now ready to vote wisely
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by viyon02: 7:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
The light is getting clearer. History will soon repeat itself. I guess Awolowo and Abiola will laugh in their graves.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by stuffs2002: 7:54pm On Jan 25, 2023
FuglyGurl:

IPOB and LIES

If an IPOB does not lie a day, they will fall sick
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
So Buhari finally had a good side grin grin

Tinubu, abeg carry the money wey dey with you go bank
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by stuffs2002: 7:55pm On Jan 25, 2023
Omihanifa:

That is why IPOB can never hear good news
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by RenaissanceGuy: 8:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
Sensational, twisted headline as usual from Gazette.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by SWATMan: 9:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
Officialgarri:

Continue to live in denial.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2023
I thought he was a strategist? Very emotional like his urchins.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Psalmistproject: 9:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
grin

I wish to see osinbajo and Rotimi Amechi's faces smiling joyously as e de pain tinubu and his urchins.

Guys there's a real shady issue wrong with tinubus emergence that even Buhari will not see him succeed.
Re: Buhari Regime Using Fuel Scarcity, Naira Notes To Suppress My Ambition - Tinubu by Badb0y4lyf(m): 10:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
Baba no gree

(1) (2)

Obi Just Fu.ked up / BREAKING: The Nigerian Police Release A Statement On Chude Nnamdi / Kenneth Okonkwo At The Presidential Election Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.