Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,232 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? (9003 Views)

When Should A Lady Move Out Of Her Parent's House?? / For The Ladies: Moving Out Of Your Parent's House, Yay Or Nay? / Moving Out From Parent's House- Your Experience! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by chidexy(m): 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2011
No sane parents will receive and accommodate their daughter permanently, unless there's been proven consistent case of physical abuse on the lady. And even at that, it must have been previously reported.

In an abusive marriage, both families should be made aware on what's going on and attempts are usually made at resolving the differences and talking sense into the man (assuming he's a Tyson incarnate). But for ordinary physical fight between couples, the parents would rather sit the lady down, listen to what she has to say and thereafter, ask her to go back "home" while they come later to try and settle the difference.

And no one should confuse bride price with gifts and traditional requirements for marriage. In most Igbo society it is the gifts that are expensive and are never returned (or meant to be returned) should there be divorce. Most places I know, the bride price (and what is returnable) is usually less than 50 Naira.

And why would a lady be "fleet footed" and ready to dump her home at the slightest problem? Her mom stayed and made the home she's returning to
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by tpia5: 1:35am On Sep 09, 2011
Daleru daleru ore oshika.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Nobody: 3:59am On Sep 09, 2011
Hotie Tima:

[size=14pt] undecided undecided undecided to eat and go bck home [/size]
can't u read now
ROFLMAO I am sorry but this is just so funny. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by blacklion(m): 11:25am On Sep 09, 2011
Theblessed:

[size=16pt]And what's wrong with being a divorcee-in-waiting?

That's even better than the dog fights, some experience in their so call marriages.   

Women are not scared of divorce - men are, and that's why they are always the first to hook up when it happens. undecided undecided
In fact, its FREEDOM!  Nobody would query where you've been or what you've done!

You're your own BOSS, right?  And who would say no to being BOSS, only a fool? 

That aside, but who say marriage hasn't got it's own woes? 

You see, there's an error in your thinking!  Because, one chose not to include all issues in marriage in his/her writing, does'nt mean they do not exist, ok?

It would be nice you learn to think logically, before challenging other peoples ideas/views, that way, you perceive things broadly. undecided undecided

[/size]

I stand by what I said. Dogfights and battlefields are part and parcel of marriage - as long the fighting is not physical or mentally/emotionally abusive.

FYI, matrimonial battles and dogfights can actually be won without physical combat. Go find out how from successfully married women cheesy

Unrealistic expectations of and fantasies about married life (mostly derived from Hollywood and Mills and Boon grin ) are a major cause of collapsed marriages.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by baslone: 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2011
Come back for where? shocked

I trust my Mama!!!

It's better you just go hang with a friend or get your own place but back to your Mother's place?

It's a big failure and shame to the family!
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by DaDoctor: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2011
WAOO. SO SOME WELL BRED AND 'BUTAD' PEOPLE EXIST ON NL? GOOD TO KNOW.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Finecat(m): 2:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
@OP

If you keep your panties on and don't cheat on your man, may be you won't have to return to father's house. Yeye girl, and same goes for your sister Rokiatu. NONSENSE! Thick butt family.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ question;

because she is married. She can only return if the marriage becomes life threatening.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by largie(f): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
The very first day a man raises his hand against me opens the door to my father's house after I have slapped him back. Where is the award for the woman who was stupid enough to be killed in the name of love.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Abuloma80(f): 3:32am On Sep 11, 2011
@Hotie Tima (f)

Sorry Maam if I miss understand you. where else could she go to other than her parent's home?

Well culture may differ, where i came from, nobody prays that it should, but if it does happen,

irrespective of her age and financial statue she goes nowhere other than her parents home.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 8:33am On Sep 11, 2011
Finecat:

@OP

If you keep your panties on and don't cheat on your man, may be you won't have to return to father's house. Yeye girl, and same goes for your sister Rokiatu. NONSENSE! Thick butt family.

wow really now ima suppose to give a shi*t

drink coffee it will help u give u more energy to write more stu*pid things about us undecided undecided undecided

ooo wait mine bad ima suppose to even give a shi*t about what u say about me
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2011
You even have time to reply that boy? lol
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by DaDoctor: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2011
rokiatu:

You even have time to reply that boy? lol

TO BE SINCERE I DOUBT IF ANY REASONABLE GUY CAN TAKE ANY OOF U AS WIFE.
U 2 ARE SEZZZ MATERIALS.
SHORT GALS AND WITH BIGG BACK AND THICK NYPPLES.

UNA UGLY NO BE SMALL DESPITE THE MAKE UP AND WEARS. NA WA OOOO
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by ikooko(m): 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2011
largie:

The very first day a man raises his hand against me opens the door to my father's house after I have slapped him back.

Slap him, kick him, punch him, if you like stab him. I hope this get you safely to your Father's house and not hospital.
Only a madman beat up his wife/girlfriend, but if a man is mad enough to do that, quickly look for an escape route; fight back will only cause you more harm.

1 Like

Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Roland17(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2011
Marriage is a life time commitment and sorting out issues is just one of the few commitments.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by Finecat(m): 7:19pm On Sep 14, 2011
Hotie Tima:

wow really now ima suppose to give a shi*t

drink coffee it will help u give u more energy to write more stu*pid things about us undecided undecided undecided

ooo wait mine bad ima suppose to even give a shi*t about what u say about me

Speak English! Oniranu. nkan ti Oko fi nlu e niyen.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by marketer11(m): 8:48pm On Sep 15, 2011
hi,

going home makes her more stupid, she vowd 4 beta 4 wos,if she gos hom, she wil continue going home until d word ends, weneva u had a problm wit ur husbnd,try and setle wit him bcs dat is home,u hav no oda hom beta dan dat.
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by HotieTima(f): 5:31am On Feb 05, 2012
how old is this thread undecided undecided undecided pls niggah chill and u know ur self
Re: Why Cant A Lady Return To Her Parent's House After A Fight With Her Husband? by mutter(f): 5:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
Home is the right place to go if go you must.
When I got married my grandfather advised me on this issue. Do not kill yourself or suffer unduly, always remember you have a home to come back to.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Black Man Asks God To Send Him A White Girl With A Big Booty (video) / Is This Also Part Of Marriage Romance? / Would You Work For Your Father In-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.