Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Adeboye Takes Terror War To God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Takes Terror War To God (816 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
BY SAM EYOBOKA & OLAYINKA LATONA

APPARENTLY not happy with the growing rate of terrorism in the country, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, Pastor Enoch Adeboye on Sunday took the current spate of insecurity to God, praying that God should expose all enemies of the country and destroy them for peace to reign in Nigeria.

Speaking at a special interdenominational prayer service for singles and single parents, Pastor Adeboye opened with a prayer for the peace of the country, asking God to expose enemies of the Church and families in the country and destroy them.

Courtesy Vanguard
Re: Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by LoveKing(m): 4:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
so God hasnt been there since the bombings started? you have to prick him first?
Re: Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
LoveKing:

so God hasnt been there since the bombings started? you have to prick him first?

He sees it alright,but it beats me why he would have the world's 3rd largest christian nation beg for help. He promises peace but you have to fast and pray to get it, he promises prosperity but by GOD!! the congregation are ragged to the point of atrocious poverty through back-back tithes and other religious irresponsibilities.

But seriously, What are our Muslim brethren on Nairaland saying about "Islamic Terrorism" i.e using Islam as a fundamental motive for political and religious violence based on the support of the Holy Koran
Re: Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by LoveKing(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

He sees it alright,but it beats me why he would have the world's 3rd largest christian nation beg for help. He promises peace but you have to fast and pray to get it, he promises prosperity but by GOD!! the congregation are ragged to the point of atrocious poverty through back-back tithes and other religious irresponsibilities.

But seriously, What are our Muslim brethren on Nairaland saying about "Islamic Terrorism" i.e using Islam as a fundamental motive for political and religious violence based on the support of the Holy Koran

i wonder really. the problem is 'faith' that cannot be verified. only if religious people start to reason and see life at present, then they can all get their acts together and make a better life. its so simple, give religion less importance.
Re: Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by Kay17: 4:15pm On Sep 08, 2011
Prayers are such a pricking contradiction. They change the unchangeable mind of the immovable god
Re: Adeboye Takes Terror War To God by TeeJay6(m): 11:20am On Sep 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

He sees it alright,but it beats me why he would have the world's 3rd largest christian nation beg for help. He promises peace but you have to fast and pray to get it, [b]he promises prosperity but by GOD!! the congregation are ragged to the point of atrocious poverty through back-back tithes and other religious irresponsibilities.[/b]But seriously,
I don't know where you derive your facts from, to allude that the congregation are "ragged to the point of atrocious poverty" due to tithing is nothing but tosh! How many congregation members have you sampled out especially those who claim to pay their tithes and still live in poverty? What of the countless tithers who have personal testimonies of the benefit of tithing? Should they not be part of the debate?

(1) (Reply)

The Pedophile Pirate / Boko Haram, Has Issued An Ultimatum To Christians In The North To Leave / If Christianity Is Truely False As You Claim, Why Cant You Stay Off? (muslims)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.