Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,687 members, 7,823,936 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline (42379 Views)

N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by leisuretym: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

If CBN delayed based on limited prints or whatever, it doesn't affect lodgement of money in the bank. The value of the money is the same once its paid into the owners account.

I’m telling this, here in Lagos people are ready to keep spending the old notes. It’s the banks that will lose out
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by ZombieSlayer1: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Can't they (the voters) be paid true transfer?

You all will just be yapping grin
You don't even know how it's done.

You think vote buying can stop?
They'll right their names down and be paid one after the other later

You'll be surprised on the election date bank will have "network problems"😂😂

Tinubu has been scammed
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:49am On Jan 27, 2023
leisuretym:

I’m telling this, here in Lagos people are ready to keep spending the old notes. It’s the banks that will lose out

Okays ooooo
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by goddy28686: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2023
Same people that caused this mess, what a lawless country. If the notes has been distributed since December, it would have circulated. Till this morning first bank here is still giving out old note from ATM and counter. Even if they extend till December, the story will still be the same.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by CaptainFM1: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2023
leisuretym:

I know people can be stubborn sha. But once the money turns paper in their hands, their eyes will clear.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by dalass(f): 10:52am On Jan 27, 2023
Abilistic:
😔

.... And that's why they are hoarding the new naira notes for their beloved polithieviens.

There won't be any extension period!

We are tired of money politics

The new notes that the even deputy CBN governor had no idea how much was printed? The Finance minister initially didn't even know that new notes were being printed.

What is the rush,the notes were released before the given date.

The old notes are still everywhere. Few notes in circulation are new.

Me thinks the CBN is doing us one big wayo and yahoo. That's what's happening. To print unaccounted for new notes and keep as much as possible for himself and other insiders... angry

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Mccullum: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2023
Abilistic:
😔

.... And that's why they are hoarding the new naira notes for their beloved polithieviens.

Decision to vote your choice candidates can't be influence by money, even if a political party spent billions at where she's not popular, electorates will collect her money while they will still Vote against her. Money or no money, peoples choice can't change.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by ogwumgbe: 10:53am On Jan 27, 2023
olumide4christ:
All of you people shouting no extension, I hope you are aware that here in Lagos yesterday, ATMs haven't been dispensing cash because the banks don't have new notes.
I'm presently at GTB Town Planning Way now...the ATM hall is like Idumota market...ATMs aren't dispensing and you can't withdraw from inside the bank.

I hope all of you supporting the deadline and Emefiele can live without cash till after February 25th.

SMH!

Use transfer to transact your business, that's the aim

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by seunlayi(m): 10:54am On Jan 27, 2023
Validated:
Some people don't get it. Emefiele is following Buhari's directives. Nobody will intimidate Nigerians with cash on February 25, 2023 and other elections. The thieving politicians had their field day at party primaries. Buhari was totally disappointed and has vowed to put an end to the act of vote buying.

Except NASS impeach Buhari, January 31 2023 is FINAL.
It will be extended by 1 or 2 weeks
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by modsfucker: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2023
Abilistic:
😔

It was the same money politics that brought in Yar'adua of blessed memory. Besides, there's life after elections.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by nnewsnjobs: 11:00am On Jan 27, 2023
You want to buy more time to get new naira note to service politicians,

No extension please and any bank that refuse to load their ATM with the new naira should be seriously sanction because they are packing the new note to politician while leaving the masses to suffer scarcity.

Very wicked and corrupt CEOs.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by galaxy2020(m): 11:00am On Jan 27, 2023
Even some of them at CBN are involved. Here in Abuja, if you go to Dei Dei, you can get the new notes in large quantity since Early December but very scarce in the banks, it's an organized crime, and they are cashing out big time, both those in CBN and commercial banks. THIS IS NAIJA!

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Frezhkid10(m): 11:04am On Jan 27, 2023
obyrich:
No politician can successfully loot with active cooperation of bankers. I am not surprised.
That’s a true fact..
I was in the bank this morning and I overheard an account officer discussing with the Head of operations on how they are going to solve a particular oba's case who has loads of cash in his palace…I think the money is large because they were tilting to making the oba pay the extra insurance charges the bank will incur keeping that said amount in their vaults all because they are old notes…
I guess the money is more than 100million naira..
Looking at the said Oba’s community..it’s nothing to write home about!!!!!!…
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Meektunz: 11:05am On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
What's the reason the CBN give for the new notes?

Why will an extension not make it work?

There's scarcity of the notes all over Nigeria, the reasonable thing is to adjust the deadline
I'm not against the extension ooo, infact I'm on amongst the few people that are certain there will be an extension but the truth is that the CBN wants tackle politicians who have hidden monies in various undergrounds, tunnels, houses and so on....
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Bluntemperor: 11:05am On Jan 27, 2023
WarriAproko:
Whats wrong with Emefiele

He is a political govenr, remember,he had branded Campaign Vehicles all over the place, until now!
As a first Banker,the CBN is jeopardizeing the Naira Value-from N174 to N700 now,the man is not concerned.Just Imaging of Yelen of American Treasury Department will be more in Politics than what Emiefile is doing and all of us are just watching!
- why can't this New Naira Design be for 6-months as done in saner Countries e g British King Charles Coin had been out since and being used, without rushing to bring in the old ones with Queen's image.
The CBN governor is yet to tell us, what he wants to achieve at the end of the day by all these rushing methods that is having a terrible devaluation on the Naira! The Naira is just lowering in Value,as too many noise is coming from the CBN!

2 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Frezhkid10(m): 11:06am On Jan 27, 2023
galaxy2020:
Even some of them at CBN are involved. Here in Abuja, if you go to Dei Dei, you can get the new notes in large quantity since Early December but very scarce in the banks, it's an organized crime, and they are cashing out big time, both those in CBN and commercial banks. THIS IS NAIJA!
It’s a lie..I know that for a fact..CBN printed limited copies of the new naira..even if you teach CBN you can’t exchange all that you have..
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by BennyDGreat: 11:07am On Jan 27, 2023
justmi1:
Extending the deadline would mess up the whole idea. People have already started rejecting old currency and the process is almost complete. Now telling people to continue accepting old currency is like taking us back to when the announcement of swap took place. Any extension should have been announced like a week ago. It's late now.

The old notes in circulation is still enormous...they can't render billions null and void.

There are unaddressed issues within the inflow of old currencies into the banks and distribution of New notes.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by BennyDGreat: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

If CBN delayed based on limited prints or whatever, it doesn't affect lodgement of money in the bank. The value of the money is the same once its paid into the owners account.

The delay from CBN is a factor that cannot be sidelined.

Banks can only pay out what they have.
Many people haven't even seen the 500 and 200 naira notes.

I have spoken to a number of people... traders, ex-cbn staff, business owners....it's the same thing. There are serious flaws in the distribution network.

Honestly, it would take some time to withdraw all old currencies....realistically, say 2+ months

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:11am On Jan 27, 2023
Holybwoy:
There will be no extension!!!

the masses have already adopted to the suffering that the scarcity can bring.. we will endure until after the presidential election..

Your plan to circulate and bribe us with 5k and Rob us blindly for another 8 years will not happen!!! If they now extend it nko? What will happen

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by newnigerdelta00: 11:11am On Jan 27, 2023
Holybwoy:
There will be no extension!!!

the masses have already adopted to the suffering that the scarcity can bring.. we will endure until after the presidential election..

Your plan to circulate and bribe us with 5k and Rob us blindly for another 8 years will not happen!!!

You be mugu

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by spy24(m): 11:12am On Jan 27, 2023
E be like all this banks wan try us

😡😡
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Kuvuki001: 11:13am On Jan 27, 2023
Nonsense, we are tired no extension the CBN has spoken period!
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Holybwoy: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

You be mugu

Why you dey cry?? Do you need wipes? Crybaby

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by drololaaof: 11:14am On Jan 27, 2023
Nemere2020:

https://www.tvcnews.tv/2023/01/new-naira-notes-commercial-banks-support-call-for-extension/
Why are we making life difficult for ourselves. This exercise should be smooth and seamless but when uptill the time of swapping the new notes are not readily available. Where are the new notes?
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Nasige(m): 11:16am On Jan 27, 2023
The extension won't work, same CEO's that make sure that the new currency given to them by CBN only went to the hands of their billionnair customers, that is why the CBN governor is not listening to them because they are aware of what they are doing. One thing I know for sure in this our country is that the majority will always suffer when there is any new policy. Let us all be calm in two weeks time everything will be normal.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by blowjohn(m): 11:17am On Jan 27, 2023
southsouthking:
From the source of the news, i know Money has passed hands.
The deadline has come to stay.

They will extend it
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by obyrich(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2023
Frezhkid10:

That’s a true fact..
I was in the bank this morning and I overheard an account officer discussing with the Head of operations on how they are going to solve a particular oba's case who has loads of cash in his palace…I think the money is large because they were tilting to making the oba pay the extra insurance charges the bank will incur keeping that said amount in their vaults all because they are old notes…
I guess the money is more than 100million naira..
Looking at the said Oba’s community..it’s nothing to write home about!!!!!!…
There are many of them littered everywhere. Bankers are active collaborators in large scale financial corruption in Nigeria.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by blowjohn(m): 11:25am On Jan 27, 2023
This country is complicated because of corrupt minds

Not because of anything else.

Emefiele has not even made our economy better.

Yet he is in the middle of scandals upon scandals.

I mean, why fight ur opponent to the detriment of the masses?

3 Likes

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by tollyboy5(m): 11:26am On Jan 27, 2023
Abilistic:
😔

Dey wyn yourself.
NIN should have thought you good lessons. They'll extend the deadline, emefiele is a joker.

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by baralatie(m): 11:27am On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

So if you entered a bank at night to withdraw 1500 to pay for foodstuffs that is in your hands,only for ATM to give you old notes.you will call police since the traders insist on cash

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by igeluma: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2023
No going back,if not the purpose will be defeated
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by alibiz: 11:32am On Jan 27, 2023
No extension, the 31 deadline is okey for us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

English/australia Football Pools Betting Club / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises / Mr BEN (the Man Who Defrauded Me In Alaba) And I Have Settled Issue Amicably.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.