Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline (42377 Views)

N500b Capital Base: Capital Needed By Commercial Banks With International Spread / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / Number Of Commercial Banks Branches In Nigeria By States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 12:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
nnewsnjobs:
You want to buy more time to get new naira note to service politicians,

No extension please and any bank that refuse to load their ATM with the new naira should be seriously sanction because they are packing the new note to politician while leaving the masses to suffer scarcity.

Very wicked and corrupt CEOs.
Lots of people like you have been talking about the bolded

Why have you not ask yourself why the CBN have not been sanctioning them?
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 12:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
Frezhkid10:

That’s a true fact..
I was in the bank this morning and I overheard an account officer discussing with the Head of operations on how they are going to solve a particular oba's case who has loads of cash in his palace…I think the money is large because they were tilting to making the oba pay the extra insurance charges the bank will incur keeping that said amount in their vaults all because they are old notes…
I guess the money is more than 100million naira..
Looking at the said Oba’s community..it’s nothing to write home about!!!!!!…
Is it the job of an Oba to develop his community or the job of the Government?
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by LaconicINC: 12:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
Lai Lai no extension, we will cope, these banks executives that are in politicians payroll
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by IamPlato(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Abilistic:
😔

.... And that's why they are hoarding the new naira notes for their beloved polithieviens.

There won't be any extension period!

We are tired of money politics
wetin this one dey talk? The currency on the street is not enough. They didn't even print enough money to go around
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Gbadespet(m): 12:24pm On Jan 27, 2023
Don't know why you people are rushing,bet me after the deadline new money will be everywhere....
Just four days to go and I believe we can endure more than that..
After the deadline,there will be enough new money in circulation,I just spoke with the governor and that's the plan..
Thanks
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Davigor: 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
[quote author=Brendaniel post=120417039]No extension, you guys allowed Emefiele punish Nigerians for 7 years, now you don't want to have a taste of what Nigerians are going through....

After election, you guys can drag Emefiele to sambisa forest, for now he stays[/quote

I wonder how someone a certain politician
Gotten over 1000 vote during A.P.C primary
Why his counterpart score 300 and 200 respectively
It means that money has changed hand he is so desperately corrupt
The deadline should stand..
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 12:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
Nasige:
The extension won't work, same CEO's that make sure that the new currency given to them by CBN only went to the hands of their billionnair customers, that is why the CBN governor is not listening to them because they are aware of what they are doing. One thing I know for sure in this our country is that the majority will always suffer when there is any new policy. Let us all be calm in two weeks time everything will be normal.
Why's the CBN not sanctioning them?
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by baralatie(m): 12:30pm On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I've never touched physical cash in 2years. It's a conscious decision I made for myself. I get to save more and quite account for how I'm spending compared to when I was taking cash almost every day.
Well in Nigeria trading in cash is less cheaper and less strenuous for the traders,drivers,fruit sellers and all sorts of businesses
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by baralatie(m): 12:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
Is it the job of an Oba to develop his community or the job of the Government?
If oba no fit develop him community wetin be him function as a member of the community
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by CaptainFM1: 12:34pm On Jan 27, 2023
baralatie:

Well in Nigeria trading in cash is less cheaper and less strenuous for the traders,drivers,fruit sellers and all sorts of businesses

I'm also in Nigeria. Its because people are just stuck in their old ways. Changes is always difficult at start but once people get used to it, they will like it.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by baralatie(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I'm also in Nigeria. Its because people are just stuck in their old ways. Changes is always difficult at start but once people get used to it, they will like it.
Naa!
Once the north like it fine but if the north , middle belt,south west and south east has 90% cash transactions due to poor financial institution and backbone structures.cash will remain cheaper and less strenous
It is even now in January that cbn says it wants to go to the rural areas to swap old notes(I am just looking how that is possible with the poor facilities in these areas o)
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2023
baralatie:

If oba no fit develop him community wetin be him function as a member of the community
Chai!!

The way some of you people reason eh

And people like you no go dey practice all this things una dey talk about on top social media.

Go and read about the role of a traditional ruler in Nigeria.

How many road the Obi of Onitsha don construct in Onitsha?

There's no where in the world that ceremonial Royals do take over the functions of the Government. Not in the UK, Thailand, Spain or here in Nigeria.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by CaptainFM1: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
baralatie:

Naa!
Once the north like it fine but if the north , middle belt,south west and south east has 90% cash transactions due to poor financial institution and backbone structures.cash will remain cheaper and less strenous

I totally agree with you. Ideally we should only use physical cash for petty tradings. i.e not in excess of 5k or 10k max.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by baralatie(m): 12:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I totally agree with you. Ideally we should only use physical cash for petty tradings. i.e not in excess of 5k or 10k max.
You have never been to rural Nigeria to experience trade
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by jedaii(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Amuluonyenaego:
Omo the thing is just telling on me seriously.
Lol
Male that girl catch u

1 Like

Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2023
Heathrow44:

Tinubu supporter

Yes I am. It takes ingenuity to recognize ingenuity. I read Voice of Reason a book by Obafemi Awolowo. I read Voice of Wisdom a book by Obafemi Awolowo. Awolowo in one of his numerous meditations said only the deep can reach unto the deep.

The Jews shouted with excitement and loud noise " Away with Jesus, give us Bararabas". They regretted it. The Scripture warns " Thou shall not follow foolish majority". If they extend the January 31 deadline then they are the foolish majority the Bible spoke about. If they extend the January 31 deadline, they are cowards and very shameless.

The Ragae musician Bob Marley or Peter Tosh sang some decades ago I heard the music being played at Arena Market Oshodi yesterday - War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward, War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward, War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward. People use the music to meditate about the present Nigeria. It is very pathetic.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 27, 2023
tradepunter:

Courageous man keee you there..... God please wash these demons away from this land ..

Massacre and deaths for the last 8 years nor tire you!?? God please wash these people away from this land

Yes. Tinubu is very courageous. After the APC primary, Atiku congratulated him. He said " Congratulations for a Hard Won Victory". He knows only a courageous person can survive that situation.

It takes ingenuity to recognize ingenuity. I read Voice of Reason a book by Obafemi Awolowo. I read Voice of Wisdom a book by Obafemi Awolowo. Awolowo in one of his numerous meditations said only the deep can reach unto the deep.

The Jews shouted with excitement and loud noise " Away with Jesus, give us Bararabas". They regretted it. The Scripture warns " Thou shall not follow foolish majority". If they extend the January 31 deadline then they are the foolish majority the Bible spoke about. If they extend the January 31 deadline, they are cowards and very shameless.

The Ragae musician Bob Marley or Peter Tosh sang some decades ago I heard the music being played at Arena Market Oshodi yesterday - War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward, War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward, War in the Babylon, One Step Forward Ten Steps Backward. People use the music to meditate about the present Nigeria. It is very pathetic.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by ZombieSlayer1: 2:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
tollyboy5:

You be big mumu,

Because tech guys are dropping from banks you think it's what they have control of?

So bank will loose millions on election day because one idiot cbn governor is playing policy politics and some people who tagged themselves obidient are rejoicing at the detriment of millions of Nigeria citizens.

Just soso dumb! Infact over dumb!
lolz...anyways, anything to make APC lose is welcome. I'd rather suffer for a few days than suffer for 8 years.
Shalom
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 27, 2023
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by oshinadekunle(m): 2:51pm On Jan 27, 2023
God will help the masses in this country
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by GreyLaw(m): 3:26pm On Jan 27, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Can't they (the voters) be paid true transfer?

You all will just be yapping grin
You don't even know how it's done.

You think vote buying can stop?
They'll right their names down and be paid one after the other later

Voters are not stupid. They know if they don't get the money on sht spot they'll never get it. Even you writing if Tinubu promises to pay you after election you won't agree!
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by SamOchuko: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
Why is Emefiele not sanctioning them for ruining the policy?

He has just that it isn’t what it ought to be, he sanctioned them a million naira for each day they don’t come pick up the new notes, it ought to be a punitive amount and not the 1m
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 3:44pm On Jan 27, 2023
SamOchuko:

He has just that it isn’t what it ought to be, he sanctioned them a million naira for each day they don’t come pick up the new notes, it ought to be a punitive amount and not the 1m
Can you show me a source that state CBN have sanction the banks?

The CBN said it will sanction the backs that fails to comply, but none have been sanction so far unless you prove me wrong now
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by SamOchuko: 3:52pm On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you show me a source that state CBN have sanction the banks?

The CBN said it will sanction the backs that fails to comply, but none have been sanction so far unless you prove me wrong now

I’ll see if I can still get it, it was even on here some days ago
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Parachoko: 4:00pm On Jan 27, 2023
SamOchuko:

I’ll see if I can still get it, it was even on here some days ago
I saw the one you're talking about

The CBN said they will fine banks that fail to comply with the law ₦1m daily.

But CBN Haven fine any of them.

CBN is not giving the banks enough Naira, there will likely be an extension.

A lot of banks still dey give out the old Naira notes today.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Homeyfav: 4:25pm On Jan 27, 2023
zoier
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by SamOchuko: 4:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Parachoko:
I saw the one you're talking about

The CBN said they will fine banks that fail to comply with the law ₦1m daily.

But CBN Haven fine any of them.

CBN is not giving the banks enough Naira, there will likely be an extension.

A lot of banks still dey give out the old Naira notes today.

Ok, let’s see how it goes
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by TristanX: 5:08pm On Jan 27, 2023
Their plans to maul this forthcoming election will not succeed
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by MalaikaEH(f): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2023
It's too late for CBN to extend the date now, after the suffering people went through to pay in the old notes. In any case, I will never accept the old notes again.
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by macrodata(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
Luckylife:
Two weeks extension is Treasonable!
Re: New Naira Notes: CEOs Of Commercial Banks Back Extension Of Deadline by Deoo1125: 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Thunder go fire u and ur likes when where una dey.

Validated:
January 25 2023 is sacrosanct!!!
If NASS like they should "Go and Die"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sani Dangote's Burial In Pictures / English/australia Football Pools Betting Club / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.