Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,596 members, 7,958,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:32 AM

Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition (1166 Views)

Why Saraki, Tinubu, Atiku Met In Aso Rock Without Buhari / Old Mama Who Donated N1m To Buhari, Pictured With Tinubu, Atiku And Buhari / Buhari's Interview With Al Jazeera (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by rasputinn(m): 12:09am On Sep 08, 2011
[size=14pt]Wikileaks: IBB Links Tinubu, Atiku, OPC With Al-Qaeda, To Realise His Presidential Ambition[/size]

Wikileaks, the anti-secret website has revealed the extent political office seekers can go to damage one another, in order to achieve their political objective. In one such move, an aide to former military president, Ibrahim Babangida, made allegations before the American Consular General that former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, former Lagos governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and even the Odua Peoples’Congress had links with the terrorist organisation, Al-Qaeda.

The lies were apparently told in order to get America’s support for Babangida’s presidential ambition then. The American Consular noted in the cable dated 13 August 2005 that it should be taken as an effort to damage political opponents’ reputations. The cable read in part:

S E C R E T Section 01 Of 02 Lagos 001277

Subject: Nigeria: Reported Al Qa’ida Activity

Classified By: Consul General Brian Browne for reasons 1.4(b) and (d)

1. (S) Summary. Professor Ukandi Damachi, a long-time Mission contact and close advisor to former head-of-state Ibrahim Babangida, recently told us about a chance encounter he had with pro-Obasanjo members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP)executive. These partisans alleged an association between Vice President Atiku, Lagos Governor Tinubu and Al-Qaeda. According to Damachi, the PDP members told him the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), a loose and curious amalgam of some Yoruba politicians, street thugs, and other ne’er-do-wells, founded in the late 1990s, had received funding from Al-Qaeda. The PDP official claimed both Vice President Atiku and Lagos Governor Tinubu were involved in this transaction, which was intended to finance the OPC destabilization of southern Nigeria. Damachi maintained the PDP members said President Obasanjo was aware of these events. Vice President Atiku and Governor Tinubu, both in Obasanjo’s doghouse, have been long-time allies and are in ongoing discussions about forming a presidential ticket for the 2007 elections. This information has not/not been corroborated and may be intended to shape USG thinking on Nigeria’s presidential aspirants. End Summary.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/07/wikileaks-ibb-links-tinubu-atiku-opc-with-al-qaeda-to-realise-his-presidential-ambition/
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by woetooam4j: 12:11am On Sep 08, 2011
Vintage IBB!

ROFLMAO

Even our so called strong man is really a sissy.
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 08, 2011
Even with all the money they have,they still lack common sense.buncha deluded talkatives !
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by rasputinn(m): 12:28am On Sep 08, 2011
Didnt IBB describe himself as the evil ingenious

BTW,the way the US diplomats described OPC really cracked me up

rasputinn:

These partisans alleged an association between Vice President Atiku, Lagos Governor Tinubu and Al-Qaeda. According to Damachi, the PDP members told him the Oodua People’s Congress (OPC), a loose and curious amalgam of some Yoruba politicians, street thugs, and other ne’er-do-wells, founded in the late 1990s, had received funding from Al-Qaeda.

Truth be told,I've never heard of a more fitting description of the OPC
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 08, 2011
rasputinn:

Abegi
I'm sure the same US would have supported and armed opc if they had wanted them to overthrow the Nigeria government or are we not seeing what's going on in libya ? Abeg those people no get mind,they are only interested in what and who serves their immediate interest,any other is seen as evil to them.
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by naijaking1: 12:44am On Sep 08, 2011
Something tells me that at the end, IBB would be found to be responsible for this BK terrorism
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by Nobody: 12:46am On Sep 08, 2011
Someone among the big shots in the north is behind it.maradona has never really being a good man sha.
Re: Wikileaks: Ibb Links Tinubu, Atiku, Opc With Al-qaeda, To Realise Ambition by woetooam4j: 12:48am On Sep 08, 2011
rasputinn:

I thought the same too!

(1) (Reply)

Pan-Yoruba Conference In Ikenne: A Failure, As Expected / Migrants Must Earn More Than 35000 Pounds To Stay In Uk. / Nigerian Newpapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.