Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,543 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs (3945 Views)

Asa Shows Off Her Dogs & Car Collection / Tonto Dikeh Is Braless As She Shows Off Her Dogs / Fan Says Tonto Dikeh May Soon Start Sleeping With Her Dogs – See Her Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by doublekay: 3:07am On Sep 08, 2011
'It's important for them to have space': Petra Ecclestone bought Candy Spelling's £52m mansion so her dogs can live in comfort

She had claimed it was to let her spend time between Britain and America more easily.

But now Petra Ecclestone has revealed the real reason why she bought her £52million Los Angeles mansion - so her miniature dogs can have more space.

The 22-year-old has admitted that concern for her five pets was why she splashed out her father’s money on the 14-bedroom property.

Even though she already has a six-story £56 million mansion in Chelsea, Ms Ecclestone felt that they deserved more room to live, she said.

Now that the dogs have homes on two sides of the Atlantic, they are beginning to rival their owner - once dubbed ‘the most spoilt girl in Britain’ - for over pampering.

The Los Angeles property is a sprawling 57,000 square foot house called The Manor which was built by the late TV producer Aaron Spelling who was responsible for such shows as Dallas and Charlie’s Angels.

Built in the style of a French chateau it is located in the exclusive Holmby Hills area of Los Angeles.

It has a huge garden in the front and the back, a swimming pool and a double staircase that was inspired by one featured in ‘Gone with the Wind’.

In an interview Ms Ecclestone said that she persuaded her father, billionaire Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, to buy her the property because she thought it was ‘homey and livable’

‘I didn’t want a modern kind of house,’ she said. ‘It was a great investment at the end of the day’.

Ms Ecclestone added that she had to also think about her miniature dogs.

‘It’s important for them to be able to have space,’ she said.

The pets include a Rottweiler and a Bulldog which will now apparently feel more comfortable having even more room to wander around.

Ms Ecclestone is currently living at the mansion with new husband James Stunt, 28, whom she married last month at a lavish ceremony at 15th Century Odescalchi Castle in Italy where the entertainment was provided by Eric Clapton and the Black Eyed Peas.

The property had been sold by Mr Spelling’s widow Candy, mother of actress Tori Spelling. When it was first listed in 2009 it was the most expensive property on sale in America at the time.

Its other features include a beauty salon, several gift-wrapping rooms, a spectacular dining room and a huge entrance lobby with chandeliers around which snakes the Gone with the Wind staircase

In the interview Ms Ecclestone said that moving to Los Angeles had given her a chance to settle down and work on being a fashion designer.

‘My full-time job isn’t just blowing my parents’ money,’ she said.

‘I go to the occasional party, if it benefits my business, or it’s a charity, or a friend’s party, that’s fine.

‘But, I mean, it’s not like I go to parties Monday to Friday. I’m not on the social scene, particularly.’

Ms Ecclestone is not the first in her family to make adjustments to her property in order to accommodate their pets.

Her sister Tamara, 27, has reportedly spent £10million on renovations to her new £60million home in Kensington in West London including a spa for her dogs.

The bubbling bath apparently includes crystal-studded seats for the pets to lounge on.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by kandiikane(m): 3:09am On Sep 08, 2011
Byiatch, when babies are dying and suffering in Africa she buys a house for her dogs. .
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 08, 2011
^^^dont hate.
The title is misleading. What I can c here is a very major investment opportunity that was grabbed. That property will appreiciate in a bank it will depreciate and in a business its 50/50 she might gain she might not. I think it was a smart move considering d moneyy invonved. She may not live thr for long and she is wealthy enough to maintain it.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by Okijajuju1(m): 8:51am On Sep 08, 2011
Go girl!!
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by stepo707: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2011
too much money
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by kandiikane(m): 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2011
parisienne:

^^^dont hate.
The title is misleading. What I can c here is a very major investment opportunity that was grabbed. That property will appreiciate in a bank it will depreciate and in a business its 50/50 she might gain she might not. I think it was a smart move considering d moneyy invonved. She may not live thr for long and she is wealthy enough to maintain it.

Give a very good reason why I should not?
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by phraoh(m): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2011
kandiikane:

Give a very good reason why I should not?

Cos it aint ua money.Just try hussle hard so as to make your own to spend anyway dat pleases you.

kandiikane:

Byiatch, when babies are dying and suffering in Africa she buys a house for her dogs. .

Without sounding callous,how is dying children in Africa their concern,its not like they are African.Its up to them to want to be charitable/philantropic with their money.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by kandiikane(m): 10:51pm On Sep 08, 2011
phraoh:

Cos it aint ua money.Just try hussle hard so as to make your own to spend anyway dat pleases you.

Without sounding callous,how is dying children in Africa their concern,its not like they are African.Its up to them to want to be charitable/philantropic with their money.

I have a right to approve or disapprove. If you don't like it, well, tough! If you believe wasting money is the way forward believe me I will disapprove 'til kingdom come if I know there are people in the world starving. . wink
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by anonymous6(f): 3:35am On Sep 09, 2011
I agree that it is that female's money and her right to spend 56 million pounds on a house for her dogs but at the same time, is it the right way to spend her money?, in my opinion NO; in the end of the day that is her money Not ours. The way I see wealthy people is their are four groups of wealthy people:
1. Good people, Down to earth,  the ones who help & do philanthropy work  examples like: Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah and etc
2. the ones that are good or neutral people but philanthropy isn't their thing, they help in their own way regardless of how little or big it is
3. The spoiled brats that were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, don't know about the real world around them(and could careless to know) and live every day as a party examples like Marie Antoinette( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette ), Paris Hilton, and etc
4. The ones that are not spoiled persa and know the reality they live in but don't give a damn about anybody else but themselves; and feel they can do what they want with their money as a right(which is true) example's like the former CEO of Enron, Bernie Madoff( I think you all know who that thief is)

You know what wealthy people, middle class people, poor people have one common thing in common we are all human, and their are good, heartless and neutral people of all circles of society, it's sad but that's the truth. King Solomon and King Herod were some of the most powerful and wealthiest people of the ancient times but one lived his life to the fullest but helped out the poor which was King Solomon(but he was a player though) and one was heartless to the core, could careless(his wife didn't help), and he killed people in his pursuit to find Jesus. Two humans, Two men, one was a good man in his own way and one was a evil mess.

This example just shows that not every wealthy person is Like Oprah, it's sad but it is the hard truth and their life and problem; in the end thogh all humans die and they are not taking their richest with them, and they will have God to answer to on how good they were as humans when they living on earth.  smiley
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by phraoh(m): 7:55am On Sep 09, 2011
anonymous6:

I agree that it is that female's money and her right to spend 56 million pounds on a house for her dogs but at the same time, is it the right way to spend her money, in my opinion NO; in the end of the day that is her money Not ours. The way I see wealthy people is their are four groups of wealthy people:
1. Good people, Down to earth, the ones who help & do philanthropy work  examples like: Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Oprah and etc
2. the ones that are good or neutral people but philanthropy isn't their thing, they help in their own way regardless of how little or big it is
3. The spoiled brats that were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, don't know about the real world around them(and could careless to know) and live every day as a party examples like Marie Antoinette( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Antoinette ), Paris Hilton, and etc
4. The ones that are not spoiled persa and know the reality they live in but don't give a damn about anybody else but themselves; and feel they can do what they want with their money as a right(which is true) example's like the former CEO of Enron, Bernie Madoff( I think you all know who that thief is)

You know what wealthy people, middle class people, poor people have one common thing in common we are all human, and their are good, heartless and neutral people of all circles of society, it's sad but that's the truth. King Solomon and King Herod were some of the most powerful and wealthiest people of the ancient times but one lived his life to the fullest but helped out the poor which was King Solomon(but he was a player though) and one was heartless to the core, could careless(his wife didn't help), and he killed people in his pursuit to find Jesus. Two humans, Two men, one was a good man in his own way and one was a evil mess.

This example just shows that not every wealthy person is Like Oprah, it's sad but it is the hard truth and their life and problem; in the end thogh all humans die and they are not taking their richest with them, and they will have God to answer to on how good they were as humans when they living on earth.  smiley

WORD. It all boils down to how one wants to spend his/her money.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by pleep(m): 9:28pm On Sep 11, 2011
phraoh:

Your a dumbass. The type of person who would say "how are dying children in somalia my concern, i'm not somali"
or "how are kids dying in Another tribe my concern? there not my tribe"
"how are my neighbors dying children my concern? there not my mine"   
Then finally "how are my brothers dying kids my concern, there not my kids"

dumbass. . .
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by emofine(f): 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2011
For once I am speechless lipsrsealed (smh)
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by phraoh(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2011
pleep:

Your a dumbass. The type of person who would say "how are dying children in somalia my concern, i'm not somali"
or "how are kids dying in Another tribe my concern? there not my tribe"
"how are my neighbors dying children my concern? there not my mine"   
Then finally "how are my brothers dying kids my concern, there not my kids"

dumbass. . .

If one chooses to be a dumbass,its stil aint ua biz,u knw.B objective and see that life is like a restaurant with different menus,u choose that u wanna eat from the list and if ua want aint there,stand and move over to d next restaurant.What u consider a priority and humanitarian is not to some odas.Its d world dude,deal with it and thanks.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by pleep(m): 8:55pm On Sep 12, 2011
lol my bad, ur right. I was in a funny mood when i posted that grin
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2011
I've always considered it idiotic to question how other people spend their own money. If I made or inherited my own fortune, and then choose to literally burn billions of it rather than help 'starving kids in Africa', that's my fucking business. Morality (or its semblance) is always personal and subjective; so also is opinion. Therefore it is extremely repugnant to try and force one's skin-deep morality, opinion, or 'conviction' down others' throats. So, to cut the long story short, Ms Ecclestone, you're free to buy a private jet for your cat if that makes you happy. I'm a bit envious though.
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by pleep(m): 11:29pm On Sep 12, 2011
if you have this 'everyman for himself mentality' then stop complaining when politicians embezzle money or slavery or colonialism w/e
Re: ‘most Spoilt Girl In Britain’ Buys £52m Mansion For Her Dogs by tpia3396: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
wow, lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Misscommonwealth Vanessa Ekeke Set To Wed / Picture Guess: What Is P-square, Aki N Paw Paw, Bracket Up To? / Singer Goldie Harvey Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.