Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,589 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy (42510 Views)

How I Prepared My delicious Rice And Stew... Please rate my cooking skills / Mouthwatering Vegetable Sauce/stew For Rice / Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by correctguy101(m): 3:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:
You tried, not like my elder brother who can’t fry simple eggs😂😂😂. He almost burnt the whole house 😁😁 you managed and cook that so well. Kudos.

One last question how does it taste without fish or even crayfish. Instead of the ponmo you can just buy crayfish or fish. My opinion though.

Lols.. me and your elder brother na the same wrapper we tie o

This ancestor has already given up learning to cook angry angry shocked
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Burgerlomo: 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2023
What is the name and location of your restaurant grin
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Munzy14(m): 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

On today's episode of The endless tales of Obavoh... cheesy

As in eeeh..

More like shakespearean tales..Garnished with fictions.

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Burgerlomo: 3:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

No man is sad being single. That's a question for women. Only ladies find it difficult to be happy without a man in their lives.

I am enjoying it so far grin
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by mariahAngel(f): 3:28pm On Feb 02, 2023
vroom:

That is one,
Where in Nigeria was he able to get that ponmo at the rate of 100 per one?, I want to buy plss

The red and the green peppers he claimed he got for 100N is even more unbelievable.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Rahkman: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
Na wa oo people dey suffer sha
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by OlawaleBammie: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2023
mariahAngel:

Obavoh, no manual blender can blend tatase (or anything for that matter) this smooth. 🧐

I'm beginning to think most, if not all, of your stories on nairaland are nothing but fiction! 🙄
aahh tank u ma

Me sef tink same ooh, how can u use manual blender to that effect??

1 Like

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by bonnyhope: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sufferness

That kponmo na like grass for food
No nutrient
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Donchieli: 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
All this fish gang

Una just blive say anything wit fish attached de make the soup/stew taste beta

Eida fish, stock fish or Crayfish

Make e just carry fish tag

See make una leave us oo
No b only Crayfish na crayon

Eyinju112:
You tried, not like my elder brother who can’t fry simple eggs😂😂😂. He almost burnt the whole house 😁😁 you managed and cook that so well. Kudos.

One last question how does it taste without fish or even crayfish. Instead of the ponmo you can just buy crayfish or fish. My opinion though.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by betshopagent(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:

lie lie
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by gladdensir(m): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2023
These days sense just too far from some people
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by chris51(f): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:

Fish definitely tastes better than ponmo.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by chris51(f): 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
chris51:

Fish definitely tastes better than ponmo.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Enemyofpeace: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2023
Chei poverty no good o. See as person dey take ponmo do soup and the food no even sweet sef, e be like sacrifice for amadioha.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by ComeToJesus: 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:
Since I separated from my wife I am trying my best to prepare healthy meals for myself on a budget.

1 milk cup of rice - ₦ 120
Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

I had Groundnut oil and salt at home.

Please be realistic. You cleverly left out the egg in your costing. I'm sure your stove uses water as fuel.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by qtguru(m): 3:38pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:
Since I separated from my wife I am trying my best to prepare healthy meals for myself on a budget.

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

Guy which area ? Green pepper is 600 here , but nice
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by qtguru(m): 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
jeromestarks:

No man is sad being single. That's a question for women. Only ladies find it difficult to be happy without a man in their lives.

Not really, if you were with a good woman and she left you would be sad. staying alone is not good.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Elidrisy20: 3:39pm On Feb 02, 2023
Is it for one meal or for whole week
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by sunday1989(m): 3:42pm On Feb 02, 2023
I hope you're as good as the op. As for your brother, he is a Man. Domestication shouldn't be his top concerns now.
Eyinju112:

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Peterpanny: 3:43pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:

crayfish would have given that stew a befitting taste.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by marsup: 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bon appetit.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by azukaegopeter(m): 3:44pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:

Do they use crayfish for stew? I'm asking for a friend
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by seunjungle1(m): 3:48pm On Feb 02, 2023
This ponmo plenty for #300.…why you no buy #200 ponmo, then make the rice 2cups. That would have serve you twice instead of one time meal.

Obavoh:

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Pickmycall: 3:50pm On Feb 02, 2023
phorget:
That pomo for 3hundred naira? where is your location pls?
The op dey lie.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Bahamas95(m): 3:51pm On Feb 02, 2023
Lies everywhere!

You can't blend tomato that smooth with manual blender.

I am very sure you stole that kpomo because nobody will sell that kpomo for you N300 in this Buhari and APC government.

Lastly I believe that food would be tasteless, kpomo and egg don't have any unique taste to make food tasty.....I am a very good cook so I know what am talking about. Ordinary crayfish in stew tastes better than egg.
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Doctortest: 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2023
It’s a bird ….It’s a plane ……
……No …..It’s SAPAaa Man
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by Allisgud: 3:54pm On Feb 02, 2023
Obavoh:

Ponmo- ₦300
Tatashe (Red&Green) ₦100
Onions- ₦50
Maggi star- ₦50
Thyme&curry- ₦80

ponmo com plenty pass food,kuku say na u won chop
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by mariahAngel(f): 3:55pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bahamas95:
Lies everywhere!

I am very sure you stole that kpomo because nobody will sell that kpomo for you N300 in this Buhari and APC government.

Lastly I believe that food would be tasteless, kpomo and egg don't have any unique taste to make food tasty.....I am a very good cook so I know what am talking about. Ordinary crayfish in stew tastes better than egg.

You understand the language of flavour.
You are the true son of your mother. 😌
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by brain54(m): 4:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
Bahamas95:
Lies everywhere!

If really you are a good cook…

As you claim. Then you would know how to bring out the best from kpomo in your stew.

If you know what you are doing in the kitchen then kpomo in your stew should be tasty. Besides it’s not always about taste but sometimes something to bite and chew on in the meal.

Don’t argue with me… argue with kpomo sauce!
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by FireUpNow(m): 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
Eyinju112:

we have our different taste of food
Re: I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy by ussv: 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Nice. But do you like overcooked rice (tuwo rice)? I don`t like it at all lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls How Do I Make Yoghurt @ Home / Top 5 Most Eaten Foods In The World: Do You Agree? (pictures) / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.