Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Why I Am Not Voting Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Am Not Voting Obi (506 Views)

Okorocha: Igbos Will Get Nothing In Buhari’s Second Term For Not Voting For PMB / Card Readers Transmit Accreditation Data And Not Voting Data - INEC / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Not Voting Obi by RHMSTECH: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2023
First, I need to let people know that an average Nigerian is corrupt by default but some have been able to rehabilitate themselves and even at that, it’s difficult to find “a very good man” in Africa, because the system the colonial masters left us with makes it difficult to produce such people.

These people used 400 years of slavery to move both human and natural resources to their countries, developed their countries with our resources and then started civilization way ahead of us. Imagine people working for you for free, won’t you get so rich? What then happens to your workers after making them work for free in years? of course, life is going to be difficult for them an their generation. They’ll fight for the little resources they see, which would create a very dangerous social construct.

Ask yourself why blacks in America have the worst statistics in terms of education, poverty rate, violence and all. It’s simply because they were products of a system that denied their ancestors the opportunity to take charge of their destiny when others were at it. That’s why a black man has to dream despite being an American or westerner.

So for those saying Peter obi is a good man, he’s not corrupt, he’ll change the country , I want you to remember president Jonathan had no shoes, he was seen as God sent but revelations told us otherwise.

Now back to the main content 😁

It’s not that some of us don’t like the idea of a new Nigeria but you guys need to understand Naija politics.

Peter obi has no structure in the north, he has no strategic alliance and it’s impossible for anyone to win the presidency without having 25% in at least 24 states at the first round.

My preferred candidate was osibanjo but he didn’t win.

Realistically, it’s tinubu vs atiku in this election, but the thought of having another Fulani as president of this country is unthinkable. Tinubu is part of Lagos government, he has technocrat to help in his administration and presidency isn’t one person, it’s a team. So idea of tinubu being president isn’t unthinkable, an average igbo man got made in “lagos” and we need to give credit to those who created an environment where business can thrive. I don’t know if that’s obtainable in anambra though. Is it??

And note this, if we are all sane in this country, we wouldn’t even be talking about any of those 3.
Peter obi was governor of anambra, atiku was vice president, tinubu was a governor.

We should be talking about sowore - a man I personally voted for in 2019 but unfortunately only a few of us were with him.

No one has the moral right to call me out if you are either supporting atiku or Peter obi, only those supporting candidate outside of those 3, fit call me out and of course, if you are well educated, you’ll understand everyone has the right to vote for their own choice without fear of intimidation.

Even if satan contest under Republican Party, he’ll win Texas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
The dairy of urchin. grin

He say na thiefnubbuu build Lagos. He say Tinubu Siddon with Lord Lugard come zone capital of Nigeria to Lagos for 70 years. grin

The Igbos wey get houses 🏠🏠 for Lagos since 1930s, 1940s even before the independence of Nigeria, na Tinubu dash them.. grin

Urchin, dem suppose open Una brain pour spit inside, close am back, because the bacteria wey dey my saliva get high I.Q pass the rotten fufu wey dey inside Una skull. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by derecho(m): 7:37pm On Feb 01, 2023
I didn't read past the first line to know the quality of your thought
RHMSTECH:
First, I need to let people know that an average Nigerian is corrupt by default but some have been able to rehabilitate themselves and even at that, it’s difficult to find “a very good man” in Africa, because the system the colonial masters left us with makes it difficult to produce such people.

These people used 400 years of slavery to move both human and natural resources to their countries, developed their countries with our resources and then started civilization way ahead of us. Imagine people working for you for free, won’t you get so rich? What then happens to your workers after making them work for free in years? of course, life is going to be difficult for them an their generation. They’ll fight for the little resources they see, which would create a very dangerous social construct.

Ask yourself why blacks in America have the worst statistics in terms of education, poverty rate, violence and all. It’s simply because they were products of a system that denied their ancestors the opportunity to take charge of their destiny when others were at it. That’s why a black man has to dream despite being an American or westerner.

So for those saying Peter obi is a good man, he’s not corrupt, he’ll change the country , I want you to remember president Jonathan had no shoes, he was seen as God sent but revelations told us otherwise.

It’s not that some of us don’t like the idea of a new Nigeria but you guys need to understand Naija politics.

Peter obi has no structure in the north, he has no strategic alliance and it’s impossible for anyone to win the presidency without having 25% in at least 24 states at the first round.

Realistically, it’s tinubu vs atiku in this election, but the thought of having another Fulani as president of this country is unthinkable. Tinubu is part of Lagos government, he has technocrat to help in his administration and presidency isn’t one person, it’s a team. So idea of tinubu being president isn’t unthinkable, an average igbo man got made in “lagos” and we need to give credit to those who created an environment where business can thrive. I don’t know if that’s obtainable in anambra though. Is it??

And note this, if we are all sane in this country, we wouldn’t even be talking about any of those 3.
Peter obi was governor of anambra, atiku was vice president, tinubu was a governor.

We should be talking about sowore - a man I personally voted for in 2019 but unfortunately only a few of us were with him.

No one has the moral right to call me out if you are either supporting atiku or Peter obi, only those supporting candidate outside of those 3, fit call me out and of course, if you are well educated, you’ll understand everyone has the right to vote for their own choice without fear of intimidation.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by mokset123: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2023
RHMSTECH:

bula ba

5 Likes

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by jedaii(m): 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2023
I dont know if you are telling a story or you are just writing an imaginative essay . Anyways it's your perception..

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2023
Urchin dey disguise

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by Marklarger(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2023
*Over 90% of negative comments about Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TINUBU comes from only one tribe and region in Nigeria.*

*THIS IS A WRITE UP BY ONE RIGHT THINKING IGBOMAN*

*TINUBU & YORUBA TOLERANCE BECOMING CRIME ~ by Dr Chinedu Akabike*

1. Why do we hate Tinubu? What for?

2. Tinubu never worked with federal or Eastern Nigeria let alone stealing money from Ndi Igbo.
He never worked as Minister or taken any Federal Appointment!

3. He never joined APGA let alone sabotaging our Party's interest?

4. Tinubu didn't meddle in Igbo internal affairs either!

5. Why do we call him thief? What did he steal?

6. We call Yoruba "slaves". We never reflect on what it means to be slaves in the true sense of the word.

7. We are putting mouth in Lagos politics without caution, yet we have a proverb that says it is the foolish housefly that follows the corpse into the grave.

8. Can Yoruba man become an Association or Local Government Chairman in the East? Let us be sincere with ourselves. Yet we enjoy all these privileges here including Assembly Membership!

9. Why asking for what we can't give?

10. We are here helping the "slaves" to develop their land. Who then is a slave?
10b. You call their city a no man's land so that we can further be enslaved slaving to develop it, and our generations are wasted gloating over mere privileges. Who is a slave. Do we actually think?

11. Can Yoruba tell Okorocha "o to gee" in Owerri? He doesn't even need it. He is too intelligent to die for a pot of ofe manu or nothing.

12. After the civil war, for many of us who were old enough to have witnessed it, the Yoruba were the first to open their arms to receive and accept us as we were, crude savages in search for means of survival. It was regardless of what we equally did to them before and during the civil war. No party to the civil war was innocent! I also remember not paying any rent among Yoruba guys without a penny for my first 3years in Lagos and another 2 years in Ibadan.

13. Can we survive Yoruba attack in Yoruba land if they actually mean to? Will an Mbaise man cooperate with the Nsukka or Afikpo, or the Imo with Anambara?

14. If we all decide to relocate at once, Babangida send me home phenomena is still in the memory of some of us who survived the incessant and uncontrollable spate of robbery across the Onitsha bridge. How many people will want to go in spide of our empty pride?

15. If Yoruba people are as foolish as we foolishly think, why agitating? How will agitating be to our benefit?

16. Why not "O to gee" in Abia, Enugu or Owerri?

17. Can a man from Aba become a Commissioner or P.S. in Enugu State Civil Service? Yet it happened here! Why not be careful.

18. We adopted APGA and but "wisely" voted PDP. How was Tinubu our headache. Was he the cause of our downfall? Why always blame others for our inabilities and want to take glory for any small thing we think we have done well and even overblow it?

19. We claim we were so creative during the civil war. Now history. We also claim every made in Nigeria is from Aba. But go to Oyo and Oshogbo to see what "lazy" mechanics are doing quietly in the automobile industry, yet we make noise that other ethnics are either mumu or lazy except we (alagbara ma mero baba ole; the most hardworking humans who cannot develop their own land unfortunately).

20. Why looking for avoidable problem? Why?

21. It was you in the North being attacked, in Malaysia being killed, in Gabon and Ghana being molested. 99.9% of Nigerians killed in South Africa are of Igbo extraction, and sometimes by fellow 'hardworking' Igbo. Why?

22. We choose Kanu and he dictates to us without consultation with any one of us. They choose Tinubu who becomes a hero among them by bowing to or adopting the choice of their majority. Why are we angry?

We choose Azikwe and they choose Awolowo. How are they more mumuish followers than ourselves?

Zik became a president and we gained from it, Awo was only a premier, but we are only struggling to beat their records in all ramifications including education till today. How are they mumus?

We choose APGA and they choose APC, why agitating?

Yoruba are yet to say Tinubu is their problem why do we want to die for nothing?

Why working in APGA but planning to collect salaries in APC?

I pray for the success of Biafra, but do we still remember that as Igbo we will automatically become foreigners on the streets of the Lagos we call a no Man's land?

How many of us will actually want to relocate home, should Biafra actualises or if it's citizenship is on the condition that you relinquish all other citizenship in Africa? I leave that answer to the individual.

Nwayo, Nwayo ka nwan ewe ga ga ije; Nwayo nwayo biko unu....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by Missgeraldine(f): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2023
Marklarger:
*Over 90% of negative comments about Asiwaju Bola Ahmed TINUBU comes from only one tribe and region in Nigeria.*

*THIS IS A WRITE UP BY ONE RIGHT THINKING IGBOMAN*

*TINUBU & YORUBA TOLERANCE BECOMING CRIME ~ by Dr Chinedu Akabike*

1. Why do we hate Tinubu? What for?

2. Tinubu never worked with federal or Eastern Nigeria let alone stealing money from Ndi Igbo.
He never worked as Minister or taken any Federal Appointment!

3. He never joined APGA let alone sabotaging our Party's interest?

4. Tinubu didn't meddle in Igbo internal affairs either!

5. Why do we call him thief? What did he steal?

6. We call Yoruba "slaves". We never reflect on what it means to be slaves in the true sense of the word.

7. We are putting mouth in Lagos politics without caution, yet we have a proverb that says it is the foolish housefly that follows the corpse into the grave.

8. Can Yoruba man become an Association or Local Government Chairman in the East? Let us be sincere with ourselves. Yet we enjoy all these privileges here including Assembly Membership!

9. Why asking for what we can't give?

10. We are here helping the "slaves" to develop their land. Who then is a slave?
10b. You call their city a no man's land so that we can further be enslaved slaving to develop it, and our generations are wasted gloating over mere privileges. Who is a slave. Do we actually think?

11. Can Yoruba tell Okorocha "o to gee" in Owerri? He doesn't even need it. He is too intelligent to die for a pot of ofe manu or nothing.

12. After the civil war, for many of us who were old enough to have witnessed it, the Yoruba were the first to open their arms to receive and accept us as we were, crude savages in search for means of survival. It was regardless of what we equally did to them before and during the civil war. No party to the civil war was innocent! I also remember not paying any rent among Yoruba guys without a penny for my first 3years in Lagos and another 2 years in Ibadan.

13. Can we survive Yoruba attack in Yoruba land if they actually mean to? Will an Mbaise man cooperate with the Nsukka or Afikpo, or the Imo with Anambara?

14. If we all decide to relocate at once, Babangida send me home phenomena is still in the memory of some of us who survived the incessant and uncontrollable spate of robbery across the Onitsha bridge. How many people will want to go in spide of our empty pride?

15. If Yoruba people are as foolish as we foolishly think, why agitating? How will agitating be to our benefit?

16. Why not "O to gee" in Abia, Enugu or Owerri?

17. Can a man from Aba become a Commissioner or P.S. in Enugu State Civil Service? Yet it happened here! Why not be careful.

18. We adopted APGA and but "wisely" voted PDP. How was Tinubu our headache. Was he the cause of our downfall? Why always blame others for our inabilities and want to take glory for any small thing we think we have done well and even overblow it?

19. We claim we were so creative during the civil war. Now history. We also claim every made in Nigeria is from Aba. But go to Oyo and Oshogbo to see what "lazy" mechanics are doing quietly in the automobile industry, yet we make noise that other ethnics are either mumu or lazy except we (alagbara ma mero baba ole; the most hardworking humans who cannot develop their own land unfortunately).

20. Why looking for avoidable problem? Why?

21. It was you in the North being attacked, in Malaysia being killed, in Gabon and Ghana being molested. 99.9% of Nigerians killed in South Africa are of Igbo extraction, and sometimes by fellow 'hardworking' Igbo. Why?

22. We choose Kanu and he dictates to us without consultation with any one of us. They choose Tinubu who becomes a hero among them by bowing to or adopting the choice of their majority. Why are we angry?

We choose Azikwe and they choose Awolowo. How are they more mumuish followers than ourselves?

Zik became a president and we gained from it, Awo was only a premier, but we are only struggling to beat their records in all ramifications including education till today. How are they mumus?

We choose APGA and they choose APC, why agitating?

Yoruba are yet to say Tinubu is their problem why do we want to die for nothing?

Why working in APGA but planning to collect salaries in APC?

I pray for the success of Biafra, but do we still remember that as Igbo we will automatically become foreigners on the streets of the Lagos we call a no Man's land?

How many of us will actually want to relocate home, should Biafra actualises or if it's citizenship is on the condition that you relinquish all other citizenship in Africa? I leave that answer to the individual.

Nwayo, Nwayo ka nwan ewe ga ga ije; Nwayo nwayo biko unu....

See the mumu above my thread Tribal condemned bigot

I guess obasanjo, Afanifere, Mr macaroni, edo state, Akwaibom, Abuja, Benue are all igbos?

You think that useless ethnic card still works?? This is 21st century wake up...the internet has really exposed the devil in you people

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by N3TRAL: 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2023

Lucifer will win New York if he has the ticket of the Democratic party.

That's the meaning of party politics. It is the beauty of presidential democracy.
Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by wkkwl: 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2023
RHMSTECH:

Your choice is fine.
Know say if e better for us everybody gonenjoy am if e go wahala way Yu still dey inside
Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by updatechange(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2023

This is a million dollar question.
Re: Why I Am Not Voting Obi by N3TRAL: 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
Nothing Peter Obi touches succeeds.

Peter Obi inherited more than 100 million dollars from his father. He has failed to increase his inheritance at the rate of even 2% in the last 3 decades.

Peter Obi was a rich kid. He was what the likes of DJ Cuppy, Paddy Adenuga and Jowi Zaza are today.

With the money Peter Obi inherited, his brand should have dominated Africa if he ventured into retail. In fact, there shouldn't have been a ShopRite if he was innovative. Next should have dominated African countries.

Look at Access Bank and GTbank. That's what Fidelity bank should have been if Peter Obi had a Midas touch. They started around the same time.

This is not political banter.

He invested Anambra's State money in a brewery right? Isn't the investment a loss of billions of Naira?

That's who Peter Obi is. He's worth less than he inherited from his father today by saving more and buying failed stocks.

He's acknowledged that he inherited 100 million+ dollars from his father. His foreign accounts that were spied on and published during the Pandora saga revealed he had less than 30 million dollars stacked in safe havens.

Dangote, Bua, Tony Elumelu, Adenuga etc inherited less but see where they are today.

Buhari isn't so different. He failed at everything he ever did apart from politics. His cattle husbandry was reported to have remained stagnant with the same number of cattles for more than a decade.

What Buhari and Obi have in common is that they preach integrity but una go suffer die because they have no idea about money making. Make honest Anambra people confess as boys migrate during his time. Hardship no be small.

Let's face it, businesses will enjoy better under an Atiku government than Obi's government.

Tinubu is the ultimate. Na baba for wealth creation. He turns everything to gold.

Knowing what Buhari and Obi share in common made me reject Obi from day 1. I swear I know say we go suffer if Obi wins.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ifeanyi Ubah’s Uncle Funeral Ceremony Continues. / What Is Tinubu's Fate Now North & South Have Rejected Him? / Atiku Just Won The Election Because Of This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.