Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime (781 Views)

Kogi: IREV Data Exposes Overvoting In Dekina And Olamaboro Favoring The SDP / Osun REC Admits Politicians, INEC Staff Bypassed BVAS / Osun: How BVAS Exposed PDP’s Rigging Machine By Ismail Omipidan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by ejimatic: 10:42pm On Feb 01, 2023
INEC REC Admits Over-Voting During Osun Election, Says BVAS Exposed Crime
Following the judgement by the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sacking Ademola Adeleke as the governor, Independent National Electoral Commission
Reportgist by Reportgist February 1, 2023

Following the judgement by the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sacking Ademola Adeleke as the governor, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said politicians in connivance with its staff perpetrated over-voting during July 16th 2022 poll.

Osun Resident Electoral Commission, Dr Mutiu Agboke, in a video sighted by THE WHISTLER on Wednesday, while speaking at the palace of Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, said that Bimodal Voters Accreditation System(BVAS) helped to revealed overvoting during the Osun election….
Agboke explained that BVAS helped INEC to exposed those who carried out overvoting on the election day during Osun guber poll.

According to him, “Let me use this opportunity to educate our people that against the conspiracy theory going around in the country that sequel to tribunal judgement in Osun State that BVAS has a problem and is deceitful, this is not correct.

“We did not use BVAS to conduct election, we did not do electronic voting nor was BVAS used to cast votes, BVAS was only use for accreditation and accreditation is meant to identify the certainty of those that came to cast ballot and that is why against the conspiracy theory, it was BVAS that helped INEC to exposed those who carried out overvoting on the election day, so it was not the BVAS that created the problem, that should be corrected.”

He added that “Based on that ruling of tribunal, we have identified some inadequacies from the politicians, voters, our staff and our responsibility is to ensure that we cover all these gaps so that the votes of Osun people can speak for them.

“We have warn very strongly that our staff who will not follow the guidelines shall go to jail and we are serious about it. Anybody that wants to come to polling unit…people were able to do overvoting, people deliberately bypass the BVAS.

“The politicians in connivance with our staff deliberately bypassed the BVAS, it was this BVAS that exposed overvoting during Osun Election. So with this judgement of tribunal we have known how overvoting can happen, we are going to beam our search light on those staff and I can assure you that all of us should own the process together. This is the way we can correct this anomalies.”

Similarly, Agbake during a stakeholders’ meeting with Osun State party chairmen ahead of mock accreditation of voters exercise on Wednesday, reiterated that politicians, fraudulent voters in connivance with their staff made over-voting possible during 2022 Osun governorship election.

He explained that, “If INEC has introduced BVAS for the sanctity of our accreditation and process, how come did we have overvoting during election day in Osun. Some individuals were surreptitiously procured by political class to bypass the BVAS, once you bypass the BVAS and go and collect the ballot paper, there must be over-voting, that is one leg.

“Another possibility is where our staff, be it ad-hoc or permanent, in connivance with these fraudulent electorate deliberately allow people to bypass the BVAS and they are given ballot paper to vote.

He cautioned politicians against BVAS fraud and urged electorate to resist fraudulent voters who may want to bypass BVAS during general election.

Agbake stressed that “I want to tell Osun people that the issue of overvoting was not orchestrated by BVAS, we did not use BVAS to vote nor cast our ballot. Our ballot was manual voting, over-voting was caused by fraudulent people that came to vote on election. They are criminally minded.

“Let us stop all these blame game on INEC, let us open our eyes very well on election day. Watch out for our staff who may want to connive with politicians. We must all own the process together.”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by adesola89: 10:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
You are lying... He dare not say that because he was not the REC when election was conducted in Osun. I listened to him, he said he is not in charge of ICT. No amount of fake news will make you still the mandate given to Ademola Adeleke.

ejimatic:
Following the judgement by the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sacking Ademola Adeleke as the governor, Independent National Electoral Commission

Following the judgement by the Osun State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sacking Ademola Adeleke as the governor, Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has said politicians in connivance with its staff perpetrated over-voting during July 16th 2022 poll.

Osun Resident Electoral Commission, Dr Mutiu Agboke, in a video sighted by THE WHISTLER on Wednesday, while speaking at the palace of Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrosheed Akanbi, said that Bimodal Voters Accreditation System(BVAS) helped to revealed overvoting during the Osun election….
Agboke explained that BVAS helped INEC to exposed those who carried out overvoting on the election day during Osun guber poll.

According to him, “Let me use this opportunity to educate our people that against the conspiracy theory going around in the country that sequel to tribunal judgement in Osun State that BVAS has a problem and is deceitful, this is not correct.

“We did not use BVAS to conduct election, we did not do electronic voting nor was BVAS used to cast votes, BVAS was only use for accreditation and accreditation is meant to identify the certainty of those that came to cast ballot and that is why against the conspiracy theory, it was BVAS that helped INEC to exposed those who carried out overvoting on the election day, so it was not the BVAS that created the problem, that should be corrected.”

He added that “Based on that ruling of tribunal, we have identified some inadequacies from the politicians, voters, our staff and our responsibility is to ensure that we cover all these gaps so that the votes of Osun people can speak for them.

“We have warn very strongly that our staff who will not follow the guidelines shall go to jail and we are serious about it. Anybody that wants to come to polling unit…people were able to do overvoting, people deliberately bypass the BVAS.

“The politicians in connivance with our staff deliberately bypassed the BVAS, it was this BVAS that exposed overvoting during Osun Election. So with this judgement of tribunal we have known how overvoting can happen, we are going to beam our search light on those staff and I can assure you that all of us should own the process together. This is the way we can correct this anomalies.”

Similarly, Agbake during a stakeholders’ meeting with Osun State party chairmen ahead of mock accreditation of voters exercise on Wednesday, reiterated that politicians, fraudulent voters in connivance with their staff made over-voting possible during 2022 Osun governorship election.

He explained that, “If INEC has introduced BVAS for the sanctity of our accreditation and process, how come did we have overvoting during election day in Osun. Some individuals were surreptitiously procured by political class to bypass the BVAS, once you bypass the BVAS and go and collect the ballot paper, there must be over-voting, that is one leg.

“Another possibility is where our staff, be it ad-hoc or permanent, in connivance with these fraudulent electorate deliberately allow people to bypass the BVAS and they are given ballot paper to vote.

He cautioned politicians against BVAS fraud and urged electorate to resist fraudulent voters who may want to bypass BVAS during general election.

Agbake stressed that “I want to tell Osun people that the issue of overvoting was not orchestrated by BVAS, we did not use BVAS to vote nor cast our ballot. Our ballot was manual voting, over-voting was caused by fraudulent people that came to vote on election. They are criminally minded.

“Let us stop all these blame game on INEC, let us open our eyes very well on election day. Watch out for our staff who may want to connive with politicians. We must all own the process together.”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by Missgeraldine(f): 11:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
Where is your source??
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by christistruth01: 12:00am On Feb 02, 2023
You have not proven there was no overvotiing in Oyetola's APC strongholds too
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by alen4smith(m): 2:17am On Feb 02, 2023
adesola89:
You are lying... He dare not say that because he was not the REC when election was conducted in Osun. I listened to him, he said he is not in charge of ICT. No amount of fake news will make you still the mandate given to Ademola Adeleke.

this one is still living in denial.
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by Johnnyessence(m): 4:54am On Feb 02, 2023
ejimatic:

oloriburuku ejimatic alias Garfield1 don dey post lies and propaganda against Inec, Pdp and governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke again. He be like say you don receive alert from Tinubu campaign office again. Like I said last week, your campaign of calumny after governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, Pdp and Inec will never hold any water. You guys mission is to stop the usage of Bvas machines alas you have failed woefully to achieve that. Bvas machines has come to stay and it will be used for February 25th and March 11th elections. The clueless drug baron Tinubu is a clueless goner and clueless loser, Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii. Fully ready and prepared to remove APC from power in February 25th election. Pdp , Inec and governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke have filed their appeal case in the Appeal court of justice. To God be the Glory we can see the real Bvas machines synchronisation reports that’s genuine and not the fake ones APC is dwelling on. Eyin Ika ole jati jati gbogbo. Odi Aye Atunwa fun ijoba Oyetola ni ipinle Osun.
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by Kingspin(m): 4:57am On Feb 02, 2023
So na only PDP recorded overvotes? APC is clean. This is the first time hearing it.
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by rolams(m): 5:02am On Feb 02, 2023
I don't know what people gain from telling lies.
Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by SmartPolician: 5:03am On Feb 02, 2023
christistruth01:
You have not proven there was no overvotiing in Oyetola's APC strongholds too

Whether there was over-voting in PDP stronghold or "weakhold", that's not how to judge this case.

The problem remains that INEC officials were compromised which explains why they allowed over-voting to happen.

The ideal thing was to cancel those polling units that were affected and call for fresh polls. Declaring Oyetola the winner is silly, to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Osun INEC REC Admits Overvoting In Osun Election...BVAS Exposed Crime by ejimatic: 6:34am On Feb 02, 2023
Johnnyessence:
oloriburuku ejimatic alias Garfield1 don dey post lies and propaganda against Inec, Pdp and governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke again. He be like say you don receive alert from Tinubu campaign office again. Like I said last week, your campaign of calumny after governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke, Pdp and Inec will never hold any water. You guys mission is to stop the usage of Bvas machines alas you have failed woefully to achieve that. Bvas machines has come to stay and it will be used for February 25th and March 11th elections. The clueless drug baron Tinubu is a clueless goner and clueless loser, Tinubu ma lule piii Lekan siii niiii. Fully ready and prepared to remove APC from power in February 25th election. Pdp , Inec and governor Ademola Nurudeen Jackson Adeleke have filed their appeal case in the Appeal court of justice. To God be the Glory we can see the real Bvas machines synchronisation reports that’s genuine and not the fake ones APC is dwelling on. Eyin Ika ole jati jati gbogbo. Odi Aye Atunwa fun ijoba Oyetola ni ipinle Osun.
. Joannyessence I respect you but yiu have disappointed me with how you started your comment here. I begin to wonder if you are truly an educated person and a political analyst. In my opinion yiu are just an impostor. Initially I did not want to reply you because I hate abusing people online especially since all of us are faceless.. I however think I should do so so that yiur MADNESS will not continue.If APC or PDP wins ,who cares? If we post it is not necessary to comment if you don't like it. This is a civil society and you need to show that you are fit into this society. Mind the way you address people. If yiur parents did not train yiu on how to address people ,we believe you should train yourself. Nairalland is not a forum for gangsters and thugs like you relfected inthe way yiu address people. We are open to criticsm but not to yours that is prefaced with street, uncultured and uncouth language. SE OMO GARAGE NI E NI? O O NI EKO ILE RARA! .Even if Adeleke promised you job (I don't think you have a job) yiu should not be addressing people like a bull dog and a frustrated and abandoned citizen of Osun State. For the last time ,if you don't know how to address people keep quiet. This is the last warning! If yiur madness ,stupidity and idiocy repeat themselves, we will give you a reply that will be so harsh that you WILL COMMIT SUCIDE!. Iwo ati awon Tani? Awon wo lo n soro sii anyhow? Joannyessence or what do you call yourself, once again be warned! Ti aja ban siwin o ma n mo oju olowo e oo! I apologise to Naraland and all our great people in this platform for my usual comment to this frustrated and faceless individual who is addressing people like they are his children.

(1) (Reply)

Warning To Nigeria Banks Keeping INEC Election Materials In Their Vault - IPOB / Pastor Who Prophesied About The Redemption Of South East / APC Supporters With Tinubus Logo On Their Caps Advising Me To Vote PETER OBI.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.