Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists (33043 Views)

Nigerians Lament As Banks Slash Withdrawal Limits Ahead Of Christmas / Tomato Price Crashes As Ghana, Cameroon Supplies Hit Nigerian Markets / Banks Push Out Dirty, Mutilated Notes As New Naira Scarcity Persists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Angelfrost(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
Tirips:

You suppose show love

Well, I'm naturally paranoid... And I have watched and learned from enough post-apocalyptic movies about survival.

The nation is currently under economic and political siege!

I saw it coming, and prepared adequately!
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by DollarSigns(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2023
pocohantas:
Today ehn! I appreciate the trust my vendors have for me because they all allowed me go with the goods. I paid when I got home.

This is why it is good to have a steady seller you patronise. I was embarrassed by the trust, but they all told me it is fine.

Now I have their phone numbers, account numbers and names. Something I never bothered with before. Especially the phone number.

It isn’t such a bad initiative. Cashless policy was piloted years ago and in 2023 Nigerians are acting like it alien. Sometimes we deserve force, because our coconut head is too much.

My pity is for those in rural areas and the poor Nigerians who have to survive on daily wages and stipends of N2000 and below.

I also had to add N100, 200 or 300 to these transfers to cover the charges they would incur for inflow or outflow of these funds. It shouldn’t be so. But it is way better than paying any POS vendor TITHE!
Really I dunno why people like dragging you based on your opinions but this particular comment shows you’re smart and a you’ve got a well lovely IQ

This year I promised not to shoot any more shots cos all I’ve been doing was falling on bulletproof heart
Otherwise with the way your opinion Dey sweet me, na missiles I for like shoot at you no be shots

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Tirips(f): 10:58pm On Feb 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

Well, I'm naturally paranoid... And I have watched and learned from enough post-apocalyptic movies about survival.

The nation is currently under economic and political siege!

I saw it coming, and prepared adequately!

Ehn still show love na
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Angelfrost(m): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Edipet:
I am using access and zenith Bank, I can assure you that both are useless, but zenith Bank is the most useless bank in Nigeria.

Pulled out all my cash from that useless Zenith bank years ago!

Banks I will never use in Nigeria:

Zenith
GTBank
First Bank
(I actually hate this bank more than APC)! undecided
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by lavylilly: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
The currency crisis in Nigeria has reached its 𝐙𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐇

This morning Many Nigerians have no 𝗔𝗖𝗖𝗘𝗦𝗦 to the new currency.

Business owners and service providers have no 𝗚𝗨𝗔𝗥𝗔𝗡𝗧𝗬 𝗧𝗥𝗨𝗦𝗧 on the old bank notes.

I will be happy to see the 𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗕𝗔𝗡𝗞 that will give all customers the new notes.

But it seems the banks are in a 𝗨𝗡𝗜𝗢𝗡 to frustrate Nigerians.

Our 𝐅𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘 to the banking sector is now shaken; but we look up to the 𝗦𝗞𝗬𝗘 for divine intervention.

God is our only 𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗜𝗧𝗔𝗚𝗘
Rebirth212:
They should all go and sit down joor.....

Welcome to cashless policy

Cashless policy my left ynash...

No fuel ⛽
No cash to spend
Banking app. are malfunctioning
No internet transaction
People are been killed by unknown gunman

9ja which way nah ?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Light78: 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
blowjohn:

Av made a successful transfer frm zenith to FIDELITY BANK. Alert came. Everything good.

The receiver didn't get it( a restaurant).

I sent the debit alert and even went to show them transaction history frm my zenith app.

Gues what?

2 days after, zenith reversed the money back to my account!

Go back and pay your debt.

I hope you are not waiting for us to tell you that you are lucky.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 10:59pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sleekfingers:
UBA and Access are terrible banks.....can't do transfer since yesterday..... useless banks

First bank is a bit better.

Eco bank is going smoothly.....
access Bank is not giving me any issue, only zenith Bank

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by yomi007k(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
M4A1carbine:
That is what matters. grin

You a being self centred. Change your mindset.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 11:00pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sammy07:

Access na useless bank with their yeye charges.
Na access bank I first see a minus ( - ) sign in someone's account 😁
see minus for my zenith Bank

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by BigIyanga: 11:01pm On Feb 02, 2023
As usual APC voters are blaming the current APC-led govt… and still blaming others for enthroning the same govt that’s punishing everyone.

Same APC voters are still going to vote for someone who is going to continue with APC policies…. And they’ll turn around in the next 2 yrs to blame others who didnt vote for their candidate… smh lol
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Pickmycall: 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

Zenith
GTBank
First Bank
GT na daily debit whether you do transaction or not.That is why innoson motors sue it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pickmycall:
Nigeria is not yet ripe for a cashless policy.No steady power supply, transactions will fail.Meanwhile,the sender will be debited and the receiver won't receive any money in his account. Illegal debits from banks.Error messages when transfer is initiated.
Come to rural area,you can hardly find a bank.Na POS dey cashout from poor traders and most of the rural dwellers don't have a bank accounts.

Nigeria is ready for a cashless policy but Nigerians aren't. Many people are simply not innovative in this part of the world.

Try and read the history of agent banking in Nigeria. This same CBN introduced the idea of agent banking (POS) to Nigeria during Jonathan's era. Of course, people lamented about charges, electricity, payment security, network, bla bla, but we all are witness to the opportunities around us today.

A Nigerian man had to travel to China to study how that the POS thing works, made massive import of POS machines to Naija and became the pioneer of what has become a mainstay today. The man became a billionaire by the way.

Nobody is looking at creating anything in this country. 10 years after we started importing POS, Nigerians are still importing till tomorrow. Nobody wants to create anything...only waiting for the new idea to steal whilst hiding behind suit and tie.

The so called FINTECHS just want to raise funds and nothing else. I'm honestly disappointed that no Fintech is making any reasonable effort to tap into the current crisis. This is the time to employ massively, deploy agents to the markets, and ensure everyone in our markets have access to seamless payment channels without hassles.

The CBN or government won't do it alone! Like I said, if that man had not invested his money, the POS we all know today would NEVER have existed. The CBN agent banking policy would have died like every other...

Nigerians need to wake up... especially our so called tech people. Create digital money or develop something around CBN's digital currency and sell it to our market women. We all must wake up! Change is sacrosanct. Why is no one talking about the CBN's digital currency by the way? Mimic the new note on a digital platform and people will gladly use it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by mastermaestro(m): 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
stagger:

They are not. Stop talking this rubbish. My birds almost died of hunger because all my transfer channels failed and no other way to buy feed.

You must be hallucinating. Don't mistake me for one of your valets. angry Oga mention your bank! Gtb, Fidelity and Sterling online transactions have been working perfectly. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 11:03pm On Feb 02, 2023
Edipet:
see minus for my zenith Bank

😂
Lemme send you #100 to clear your minus 😂
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by spencekat(m): 11:04pm On Feb 02, 2023
First mobile works
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 11:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sammy07:

😂
Lemme send you #100 to clear your minus 😂
I will appreciate bro, thanks , should I drop my aza?
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Pickmycall: 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Acidosis:

Nigeria is ready for a cashless policy but Nigerians aren't. Many people are simply not innovative in this part of the world.

Try and read the history of POS machine in Nigeria. This same CBN introduced the idea of agent banking (POS) to Nigeria during Jonathan's era. Of course, people lamented about charges, electricity, network, bla bla, but we all are witness to the opportunities around us today.

A Nigerian man had to travel to China to study how that the POS thing works, made massive import of POS machines to Naija and became the pioneer of what has become a mainstay today. The man became a billionaire by the way.

Nobody is looking at creating anything in this country. 10 years after we started importing POS, Nigerians are still importing till tomorrow. Nobody wants to create anything...only waiting for the new idea to steal whilst hiding behind suit and tie.

The so called FINTECHS just want to raise funds and nothing else. I'm honestly disappointed that no Fintech is making any reasonable effort to tap into the current crisis. This is the time to employ massively, deploy agents to the markets, and ensure everyone in our markets have access to seamless payment channels without hassles.

The CBN or government won't do it alone! Like I said, if that man had to travelled to China, the POS we all know today would NEVER have existed. The CBN agent banking policy would have died like every other...

Nigerians need to wake up... especially our so called tech people.
No electricity.Bad network from service providers.Fail transaction and debit will be initiated without reversal.Nigeria,being a third world country is not ripe for it,
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 11:07pm On Feb 02, 2023
Edipet:
I will appreciate bro, thanks , should I drop my aza?

Yeah
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:08pm On Feb 02, 2023
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 11:09pm On Feb 02, 2023
Angelfrost:

Zenith
GTBank
First Bank
there was a day I withdrew 50k from uba using zenith Bank app. Zenith Bank charge me #600 at that instant
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Edipet(m): 11:10pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sammy07:

Yeah
2404295002 ..thanks
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Countersam(m): 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2023
Islie:

https://punchng.com/nigerians-lament-bank-app-crashes-as-transaction-failure-persists/?amp
It's high time people have other microfinance Bank apps and use them to support main street bank accounts. Even all this online cash apps that don't cost you much to maintain. My VFD has never disappointed me

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by BreconHills(m): 11:15pm On Feb 02, 2023
Respect55:
Some people feel they are punishing SE by voting for APC.

No SE felt they were punishing BAT bu supporting cashless society. Who does that in a country where 80% of people earn their livlihood daily in cash.

Please keep supporting cashless economy.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by sapele914(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Sammy07:
Too much.

GTB, Zenith bank, Access bank, UBA and First bank, their network has been terrible lately.

Currently, I'm unable to transfer money from GTB to Kuda, thinking about installing Palm pay or Opay self.

POS - No cash / Limited Cash
Transfer - Not going through network problem
Seems, we'll go back to our abandoned E - Naira 😂😂

Anytime the app fails, just go to their website, sure banker.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Acidosis(m): 11:16pm On Feb 02, 2023
Pickmycall:
No electricity.Bad network from service providers.Fail transaction and debit will be initiated without reversal.Nigeria,being a third world country is not ripe for it,

But Nigeria is ripe for ATM, yeah? Why are you using ATM in a country without electricity?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Ken4Christ: 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2023
They want us to go back to the old system of trade by barter. This government wicked sha. Use your PVC and vote them out.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
Edipet:
2404295002 ..thanks

#1070 successful but not yet debited.

Book balance is showing different amount from main balance, network don start again

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Sammy07: 11:19pm On Feb 02, 2023
sapele914:
Anytime the app fails, just go to their website, sure banker.

Na time ni
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
b3llo:
Hmmm..... I transferred money the other day from GT Bank to Zenith Bank PLC along the way the money developed mind and went it's way. Till now, am still waiting for the money to arrive 😩
The money don japa

Naija wahala too much
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by letitrainnow(m): 11:20pm On Feb 02, 2023
In many cases, the apps do not open at all, in cases where they open, making a transfer becomes impossible.
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by nairabacks(f): 11:22pm On Feb 02, 2023
EKEDC ARE WITHHOLDING ENERGY EVEN AFTER BUYING AND INPUTTING A PREPAID TOKEN.
STEER CLEAR OF THEM
Re: Nigerians Lament Bank App Crashes As Transaction Failure Persists by paradigmshift(m): 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2023
TarOrfeeek:

Nigeria's most USELESS BANK.
cry me a river... Dem never disappoint me once.. the best bank to me .... Sorry o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Mohammed Indimi's 70th Birthday Celebration / Top Online Business That Has Made Most Young People Millionaires In Nigeria / Tinubu's Daughter Crowned Iyaloja Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.