Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering (249 Views)

Massive Crowd In Kano CBN All About Depositing Old 500, 1000 Naira Notes The Cen / OLD NAIRA NOTES: The Structure They Boasted About In The Mud / New Naira Notes: The FG Should Make Depositors Account For Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering by Tolupage(m): 8:48am On Feb 03, 2023
Someone said only the poor are being affected by the current crisis caused by the new CBN policy and I laugh, yes the masses seem to be affected more but I think that's because that's where the corruption has brought us.

Do you really think the elite are not wailing at this policy?

Why do you think every single day they are discussing the matter at the legislative chamber, if you think it's because they don't want you and I to suffer then I weep at your ignorance.

What do you think Tinubu's outburst in Ogun is meant for?

For those who think all they need to do is place calls to top bank MDs and they'll get cash delivered to their houses then I laugh. Yes they'll get cash delivered but is it gonna be enough to meet their need?

In a country where 2 bullion vans were needed during election by an individual years ago how many bullion vans do you think he'll need now that he's contesting personally? Do you think any bank manager or CEO can arrange that this period?

That the 1% of the 1% don't go to the street to protest or queue at the bank doesn't mean they ain't feeling the pain, in fact they feel it more because they definitely need more than any ATM could dispense at this time.

Yes, we suffer greatly by this policy but for me it's a pain we must bear while the CBN and other actors put their implementation process together cause it's really been a messy one for the masses.

All in all, the idea and policy is good, the implementation though has been whacky probably caused by saboteurs of these 1% bent on seeing Nigeria ruined.
Re: New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering by Moh247: 8:57am On Feb 03, 2023
Incase you don't know

Kola Abiola PRP candidate and Pat Utomi Labour Party are major shareholders in Keystone bank

Peter Obi and his Family are major shareholders in Fidelity bank

Buhari and Funtua are major shareholders in Polaris

Wema bank belongs to Odua group owned by 6 Southwest Governors

Lekki consortium handling Lekki Tollgates collects cash

Remita platforms accept cash

Re: New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering by rickpat(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2023
continue living in your fantasy world thinking politicans don't have access to this new note ...I witnessed them sharing new 500 notes in pdp really in Delta State ..

continue dreaming...money will be shared on election day...these POLITICIANS always have their way in this shit hole called NIGERIA
Re: New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering by Tolupage(m): 12:57pm On Feb 03, 2023
Moh247:
Incase you don't know

Kola Abiola PRP candidate and Pat Utomi Labour Party are major shareholders in Keystone bank

Peter Obi and his Family are major shareholders in Fidelity bank

Buhari and Funtua are major shareholders in Polaris

Wema bank belongs to Odua group owned by 6 Southwest Governors

Lekki consortium handling Lekki Tollgates collects cash

Remita platforms accept cash

So would you rather that Nigeria continue to be in the stone age accepting cash all over?

Una corruption don do abeg.
Re: New Naira Notes: The Rich Are Also Suffering by Tolupage(m): 12:58pm On Feb 03, 2023
rickpat:
continue living in your fantasy world thinking politicans don't have access to this new note ...I witnessed them sharing new 500 notes in pdp really in Delta State ..

continue dreaming...money will be shared on election day...these POLITICIANS always have their way in this shit hole called NIGERIA

Surely, they'll have some to share, but this will curb their excesses to a large extent and beyond politics and election, it is the way to go if we want to make any progress as a country.

(1) (Reply)

Nasir El-rufai: A Town Crier With Sonorous Message / Ooz, Don Scatter Nigerian Politicians With This Music (wayo Corrupt Politicians) / Atiku: Will Reverse Tuition Fees Across Nigerian Varsities – Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.