Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat (4187 Views)

Police Arrest 2 Female Suspected Bombers In Abuja / Police Arrests 5 Suspects Over Bomb Blast In Kano / Abuja Shoprite Closed Over Bomb Threat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by aloyemeka1: 2:08am On Sep 09, 2011
[size=14pt]Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat [/size]

An alleged telephone conversation between two suspected members of Boko Haram, to bomb Lagos Third Mainland Bridge has led to their arrest.
The suspects were arrested on Tuesday at Ogba area of Lagos State, Southwest, Nigeria when their alleged dastardly plan to bomb the ever busy longest bridge connecting Lagos Island to the mainland was exposed.
Though the details of the incident and the arrest were still sketchy at press time, P.M.NEWS gathered that the two men, one of them identified as Satua Safana, 23, are from Guinea Republic.
The police at the Area ‘G’ Police Division in Ogba were tipped off by an unidentified man who overheard the suspects while communicating on phone with their accomplices that they were on their way to bomb the bridge.
Police source told P.M.NEWS this morning that during a preliminary investigation at the police station, incriminating evidences on the bomb attempt were uncovered through the suspects’ handsets.
They have been reportedly transferred to the State Criminal Investigations Department, CID, Panti, Yaba Lagos for thorough investigation.
When P.M.NEWS visited the CID this morning, the police declined to comment on the incident.
However, a police source confirmed that the suspects have been flown to Abuja for further interrogation.
When our correspondent contacted the Lagos State Police Command spokesman, Samuel Jinadu, he said he was in a meeting with the Police Commissioner and told our correspondent to call him later.
—Paul Iyogojie

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/08/police-arrest-2-over-bomb-threat/
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Nobody: 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
The police at the Area ‘G’ Police Division in Ogba were tipped off by an unidentified man who overheard the suspects while communicating on phone with their accomplices that they were on their way to bomb the bridge.

Very Funny hearsay to arrest somebody, and who in nigeria will hear such a thing and be willing to inform the police without the person being arrest too, nice try
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by mekaboy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 09, 2011

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin

NIGERIA POLICE SHOULD JOIN NOLLYWOOD PLEASE, THEY ARE COMEDIANS. DID THEY CATCH THE SUSPECT WITH BOMB? SINCE HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO BOMB ?

DONT THEIR ACCOMPLICES KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BOMB THE BRIDGE ? SO WHY WILL THEY BE DISCUSSING IT AS THEY GO?

SOON POLICE WILL START ARRESTING PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONE AS THEY GO, IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND ASK, WHERE ARE YOU NOW? WE ARE WAITING. AND YOU ANSWER " I AM ON MY WAY " .

YOU DON ENTER BE THAT OO grin grin grin POLICE WILL ARREST YOU AS BOMB SUSPECT. WHEN YOU GET TO THE STATION THEY WILL ASK YOU " ON YOUR WAY TO BOMB SOMEWHERE ABI ?" WE DON CATCH YOU TODAY, grin grin BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, WE WILL READ ABOUT YOU ON NL grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Bawss1(m): 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
mekaboy:

LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin

NIGERIA POLICE SHOULD JOIN NOLLYWOOD PLEASE, THEY ARE COMEDIANS. DID THEY CATCH THE SUSPECT WITH BOMB? SINCE HE WAS ON HIS WAY TO BOMB ?

DONT THEIR ACCOMPLICES KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BOMB THE BRIDGE ? SO WHY WILL THEY BE DISCUSSING IT AS THEY GO?

SOON POLICE WILL START ARRESTING PEOPLE WHO TALK ON THE PHONE AS THEY GO, IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND ASK, WHERE ARE YOU NOW? WE ARE WAITING. AND YOU ANSWER " I AM ON MY WAY " .

YOU DON ENTER BE THAT OO grin grin grin POLICE WILL ARREST YOU AS BOMB SUSPECT. WHEN YOU GET TO THE STATION THEY WILL ASK YOU " ON YOUR WAY TO BOMB SOMEWHERE ABI ?" WE DON CATCH YOU TODAY, grin grin BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, WE WILL READ ABOUT YOU ON NL grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Bawss1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 09, 2011
Imagine saying to a friend over the phone, "That party was the bomb", and being overheard by a member of the police force. You would probably be arrested for planning to bomb a political party. cheesy
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by philip0906(m): 1:49pm On Sep 09, 2011
Bawss1:

Imagine saying to a friend over the phone, "That party was the bomb", and being overheard by a member of the police force. You would probably be arrested for planning to bomb a political party. cheesy
bia, behave ya sef,i came to nland to have fun and not die of laughter. . . grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Pukkah: 1:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
Well, it's too early to dismiss the arrest as a ruse. Although the Nigeria Police have totally lost credibility, the rate at which the Boko Haram group has been operating is enough to give the policemen a benefit of doubt. On another note, they may have been trying to protect the identity of the whistle blower.
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by babaowo: 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2011
nah wha oooo! Naija police n drama lol well i saw 1 baby at train station dis morning believe me her back is bomb lol
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by shadows4(m): 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
I dey laugh oooooooooooooo grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by kizito96(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2011
In bomb threat, every information is important and must be followed to the end. No rumour without base
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by agitator: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2011
too funny grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 09, 2011
Seriously I just want to see them bomb third mainland bridge in Lagos, it will definitely be the end of Nigeria as we know it, I am almost certain of that.
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
Its funny that people are seeing this as a laughing matter. there is no smoke without fire. I already warned my parents to avoid third mainland bridge for the next couple of months, especially during Christmas period!
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by kwizzy212: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2011
God God God God, Why would Nigerian police do this to us, I am a big nairaland fan l, this is my broda they toke and accused him of doing nothing now he his with them omg, I swear to God good nigerians this is a big lie he is 100% innocent a student of lag who was come back from playing soccer and was arrested by the area G police just near our house, someone who has never been to any north or anything we send all my stay in Lagos ikeja and the case got out of hand now the police man that arrested him has run away cuz he never thought this would happen like this, we talking about my blood brother as I am written this I am shaking right now, Pls my brodas pray for him pls, Nigeria
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by philip0906(m): 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
kwizzy212:

God God God God, Why would Nigerian police do this to us, I am a big nairaland fan l, this is my broda they toke and accused him of doing nothing now he his with them omg, I swear to God good nigerians this is a big lie he is 100% innocent a student of lag who was come back from playing soccer and was arrested by the area G police just near our house, someone who has never been to any north or anything we send all my stay in Lagos ikeja and the case got out of hand now the police man that arrested him has run away cuz he never thought this would happen like this, we talking about my blood brother as I am written this I am shaking right now, Pls my brodas pray for him pls, Nigeria
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by kwizzy212: 3:41pm On Sep 09, 2011
God why is this happening why he was taken without ask anything now the the media are here lying, God nigerians should all pray for him, Everything happen for a reason[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by islamrules(m): 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2011

i DONT BELIEVE YOU.
ARE YOU HAUSA ?
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by software(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
VERY VERY VERY VERY FAKE STORY, Confirmed from a senior officer, says NA LIE OOOOOO, PLS CLOSE DOWN THIS TOPIC,
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by kwizzy212: 4:18pm On Sep 09, 2011
@ software and Islamrules, I am not an Hausa ad I have never lived with one I don't have to ague with you if I am lying or not just believe what you believe God is on ourside from the beging of the story to the end is a big lying, The person that arrested him his in area G his name his Sam, The police station is hear our house at obga bus stop if you want to go ask the area commanda, Everything happening for a reason God will help us, And know I can't come here and start lying about this he was the only one arrested and no oneself
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by blank(f): 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
kwizzy212:

@ software and Islamrules, I am not an Hausa ad I have never lived with one I don't have to ague with you if I am lying or not just believe what you believe God is on ourside from the beging of the story to the end is a big lying, The person that arrested him his in area G his name his Sam, The police station is hear our house at obga bus stop if you want to go ask the area commanda, Everything happening for a reason God will help us, And know I can't come here and start lying about this he was the only one arrested and no oneself

I thought u had gone for your studies? R u dere with him?
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by cold(m): 5:07pm On Sep 09, 2011
And here I was,thinking the police had started using listening devices to eavesdrop on people's conversations.Mtchew
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by kizydafizy(m): 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
I saw a sharp, sexy looking girl today o. She's really hot. Infact, she's da BOMB!

I recommend that they arrest her as well. . .I swear she's Boko Haram!

*mtchewww*
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by MeGaStReEt: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2011
Area G polica, Ogba? LMAO, they're busy chasing Yahoo boiz around, they don't have time for anything lik this. . . tell me something else pls
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by hulk003: 11:32pm On Sep 09, 2011

YOU DON ENTER BE THAT OO POLICE WILL ARREST YOU AS BOMB SUSPECT. WHEN YOU GET TO THE STATION THEY WILL ASK YOU " ON YOUR WAY TO BOMB SOMEWHERE ABI ?" WE DON CATCH YOU TODAY, BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, WE WILL READ ABOUT YOU ON NL

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by Beaf: 11:33pm On Sep 09, 2011
I wonder if the people laughing about the incident are actually id!ots. There things to laugh at, but I guess the thought of dead Nigerians triggers happiness in fools.

You are sick if you find the article funny.
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by bedia01: 10:27am On Sep 10, 2011
odiaero:

Very Funny hearsay to arrest somebody, and who in nigeria will hear such a thing and be willing to inform the police without the person being arrest too, nice try
Some people do not like to take the bull by the horn, they don,t like to call a spade a spade that is why we are facing all these security problems in Nigeria today. Serious matters are not taken seriously until the worst happen. You want millions to die when the bridge is bombed before it will be evidential for the police to act?. Their action is called pro-active policing.
Re: Police Arrest 2 Over Bomb Threat by hunter121: 10:29am On Sep 10, 2011
In bomb threat, every information is important and must be followed to the end. No rumour without base

(1) (Reply)

Roles Of Cow In Government - An Analogy / Shame: Israel’s Hails Jonathan As Nigeria Block Palestinian UN Resolution / Ben Carson Exposes Taqiyya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.