Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,480 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How To Threaten Someone By Text Message - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Threaten Someone By Text Message (2048 Views)

Lagos Police Arrest Ex-Convict Who Works With Prisoner To Threaten Residents / Prince Mark Boley Green Card Scam Busted 'Best Sex Ever' Text Message / Man’s Ear Chopped-off By Wife Over Text Message From Ex-girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:32pm On Feb 04, 2023
I bought a car, and I took it to the mechanic to check it out, it said it had some issues that need some significant amount of money to fix it.
I called the former owner to tell him and he is saying it’s not his problem and blocked me, I am trying to warn him of the consequences of shutting me out.

I want to send him a lil sth to know not to mess with me, but I want to know the legal consequences of doing that.

Can I just send him;

“I have called u and u blocked me, anything u see u take” will this simple harmless text message be seen as a threat by the police?
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
Why would you call me to repair a car I've sold to you

16 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2023
I know his house, I have videos and pictures of him. I intend to send some people to destroy his entire car stand or his house.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by nrexzy: 1:36pm On Feb 04, 2023
When u were buying the car u should have gone with a mechanic for proper inspection...

So he is right.. Nothing concerns him again since there isn't any warranty agreement...

It would be seen as such ooo...
Better retract the message..

17 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:37pm On Feb 04, 2023
Frawdboiy:
Less than 1 month u sell the car, it’s illegal to do that

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:38pm On Feb 04, 2023
nrexzy:
When u were buying the car u should have gone with a mechanic for proper inspection...

So he is right.. Nothing concerns him again since there isn't any warranty agreement...

It would be seen as such ooo...
Better retract the message..
I am not doing it for me, I am doing it for others that will buy cars from them.

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2023
Frawdboiy:
We didn’t sign any contracts so I believe I have rights.
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:39pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

Less than 1 month u sell the car, it’s illegal to do that
I don't understand. If he has sold the car to you, then the car is your responsibility. Even though he sold you a lemon or faulty car, all the repairs after you've signed the papers is yours and also, it's a bit your fault you didn't check the car well with a mechanic or inspector before making purchase.

4 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
Threat to life is a serious offence punishable by two years or more. If you destroy his properties, you'll be at fault, no matter what.

6 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

We didn’t sign any contracts so I believe I have rights.
Since you didn't sign any contract, plow away! Send that threat message, tell him to come and carry his lemon that you're not buying again anything your eye see after, na you know.

Why didn't you sign any contract? In the eyes of the law, no one knows you bought the car from him or anything. That's the greatest undoing. But, this is Nigeria, you still fit bend his hand if you have "power" power meaning, money plus connection.

2 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 1:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
Frawdboiy:

Since you didn't sign any contract, plow away! Send that threat message, tell him to come and carry his lemon that you're not buying again grin.
Why didn't you sign any contract? In the eyes of the law, no one knows you bought the car from him or anything.
Can’t I threaten him into fixing it,

Secondly are u a lawyer?

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:46pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

Can’t I threaten him into fixing it,

Secondly are u a lawyer?
I'm not a lawyer and you can threaten him since it's an offbooks transaction. But, things like this, you need like strong men or soldiers because people like that don't fear police and police is all about collecting money, not solving issues. Just gather like a couple strong men, go to his house and brandish a cut to size. I'm sure his brain would reset.

2 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 1:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
Frawdboiy:

Just gather like a couple strong men, go to his house and brandish a cut to size. I'm sure his brain would reset.
Trust me, it works
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by fman(m): 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2023
Frawdboiy:

Trust me, it works
why did you quote yourself above?

Just curious!!

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by ibechris(m): 2:03pm On Feb 04, 2023
Wait let the dust settle before u will carry out ur plans.

I can't sell what is bad to anyone and I don't expect anyone to do same to me.

Do whatever u want to do to him so that he will regret ever being a dubious car dealer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Zonefree(m): 2:11pm On Feb 04, 2023
fman:

Just curious!!
To applaud his foolish advice.

5 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2023
ibechris:
Wait let the dust settle before u will carry out ur plans.

I can't sell what is bad to anyone and I don't expect anyone to do same to me.

Do whatever u want to do to him so that he will regret ever being a dubious car dealer.
Thanks. This is my plan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 2:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zonefree:

To applaud his foolish advice.
Guy calm down, I am not fighting for myself, I am fighting for others
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 2:31pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:
I bought a car, and I took it to the mechanic to check it out, it said it had some issues that need some significant amount of money to fix it.
I called the former owner to tell him and he is saying it’s not his problem and blocked me, I am trying to warn him of the consequences of shutting me out.

I want to send him a lil sth to know not to mess with me, but I want to know the legal consequences of doing that.

Can I just send him;

“I have called u and u blocked me, anything u see u take” will this simple harmless text message be seen as a threat by the police?

Just bear your loss and move on....

Most Nigerian used cars are scraps
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Zonefree(m): 2:33pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

Guy calm down, I am not fighting for myself, I am fighting for others
Others send you make you go fight for them

4 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zonefree:

na people like una way spoil Nigeria
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 3:35pm On Feb 04, 2023
CYBERSOLDIERSre:

Just bear your loss and move on....

Most Nigerian used cars are scraps
I find out later say the seller no cheat me, it was the mechanic trying to scam me.

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2023
Zonefree:

Nobody send others to get Nigerian independence, nobody send other to vote Buhari so wetin u dae talk
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Frawdboiy: 4:36pm On Feb 04, 2023
fman:

Just curious!!
I just wanted to reiterate that it works.
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by techWriter3: 8:19pm On Feb 04, 2023
Why would you dial me to upkeep a car I've sold to you

Huh, Check my profile if you need help with your personal statement, statement of purpose, thesis, dissertation, or assignment.

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Blackpowers101: 8:38pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

Can I just send him;

That one na some kind of threat Oga, if headache worry dat man him fit catch you with that kin message. If i tell you what to do that man go carry speed fix the motor or refund your money. 09034568201, i can help and get my pay after you confirm the work.
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by nrexzy: 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2023
Coldie:

I am not doing it for me, I am doing it for others that will buy cars from them.

Aight sir...
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by Coldie(m): 4:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
I later found out there was nothing wrong with the car. It was just the mechanic trying to cheat me
Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by nedekid: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2023
It is assumed you checked the car before buying. It has been sold to you, transaction ended. I assume it is a used car. Or do you have an agreement for a refund or repair if any major fault is found?
Anyway, that is why I alway write "sold as is" on any deed of sale/ receipt I prepare.

Nb: I did not even read the threat text earlier. Hmm with that text from you, if he knows his way, it will no longer be used car matter that will be your problem.

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by nedekid: 5:07pm On Feb 19, 2023
Coldie:
I know his house, I have videos and pictures of him. I intend to send some people to destroy his entire car stand or his house.

OP, be wise. Not worth the wahala.

1 Like

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by nedekid: 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
Frawdboiy:

I'm not a lawyer and you can threaten him since it's an offbooks transaction. But, things like this, you need like strong men or soldiers because people like that don't fear police and police is all about collecting money, not solving issues. Just gather like a couple strong men, go to his house and brandish a cut to size. I'm sure his brain would reset.
Are you actually giving what you wrote as advice to the op? For real? First, no soldier will follow you to do such illegal activity (except he is daft). How much will you pay him at the risk of his job?
Secondly, "strongmen brandishing cut to size" Funny you. Do you know that is armed robbery punishable by death?
Seems you have not seen wahala before.

2 Likes

Re: How To Threaten Someone By Text Message by morakakin(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2023
Coldie:

your dumb.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Cable Thief Caught And Tied To Transformer In Maiduguri / Cheating Wife Caught In The Act & Forced To Have Sex With Publicly / Two Women Abduct 33-year-old Man, Andrape Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.