Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,523 members, 7,861,519 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:39 PM

One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan (664 Views)

Pro-Buhari & Anti-Buhari Protesters Clash In New York Before Buhari's Speech / Buhari Supporters & Anti-Buhari Protesters Clash In London: Pictures & Video / #EndSARS Protest In Ekpoma Turns Violent As Protesters Clash With Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
One person has reportedly been feared killed while two others were hospitalised in the Apata area of Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, on Saturday when protesters clashed with security agents, Newspremises has gathered.

This comes bearly 24 hours after protests rocked some parts of Ibadan.

Some protesters had on Friday staged protests over the scarcity of new naira notes and petrol in Ibadan.

Some affected areas include Agodi Gate, Iwo Road, Monatan, Olodo and Iyana Church.

It was, however, learnt that some people in the early hours of Saturday staged a protest in the Apata area.

The clash, it was learnt, led to the death of one person who is a commercial motorcyclist.

“I have told you the cause, the Apata people did their own today. You know that there were protests in Iwo Road and Gate yesterday. It is because of the scarcity of new naira notes and petroleum. It happened at Dogo, just immediately after government college,” a source told newsmen.

However, normalcy has since returned to the area, according to information gathered.

Efforts made to get a reaction from the Public Relations Officer of the state police command, Adewale Osifeso, proved to be abortive.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/one-reportedly-killed-two-hospitalised-as-protesters-clash-with-security-agents-in-ibadan/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 4:40pm On Feb 04, 2023
See more photos from the scene HERE
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by azpekuliar: 4:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
All this Bourdillon manufactured protests.
You are 3 weeks away from an election and you are doing street protests 😂 grin
When the best opportunity to protest is right before you on the 25th of February

5 Likes

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by Xscape1993(m): 4:42pm On Feb 04, 2023
The evil party and bad governance...
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by God1000(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
This is getting out of hand.

The whole thing has become counterproductive, masses are the ones suffering instead.

The timing of this CBN policy is wrong

2 Likes

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2023
azpekuliar:
All this manufactured protests.
embarassed embarassed
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by Dreal1247: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2023
I hope this is not politically sponsored protest.
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by ZUKKYY(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2023
shocked
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by VeryWickedSimp: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
Afonjanistan just dey hot this period!
Pray for Afonjanistan!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by devilmaycry: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
It is well

Everybody is angry

No one will say he or she is happy except you have an evil mind

That said...please vote wisely
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by ScamHunter: 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Bad. This is why if you must vote vote a credible leader. If you don't know who a credible leader is, check who the Igbos are voting. A bad leader would ruin, kill and destroy with his policies.

Vote Peter Obi to avoid calamity.

2 Likes

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 4:53pm On Feb 04, 2023
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by asanausana91: 5:00pm On Feb 04, 2023
Dreal1247:
I hope this is not politically sponsored protest.
it is
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by asanausana91: 5:05pm On Feb 04, 2023
Very good. One man one bullet is what I will order if iam the president.
Seyi Tinubu is enjoying with security following him up and down while some foolish uneducated basterds sacrificing their lives for a drug lord.
Don't allow politicians to lead you into unnecessary protest.
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2023
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by benuejosh: 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2023
Scarcity of New Naira notes and fuel are caused by people who are sabotaging the efforts of this administration. We have other denominations like 100 Naira notes. Let them load the ATM with it. But you see those 5% people and the dot in the circle people, they are sitting in sensitive positions and they are the ones sabotaging the government’s efforts.
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by DSC7: 5:17pm On Feb 04, 2023
All these Tinupoo offline urchins disturbing public peace should be decisively dealt with by our law enforcement agencies.....

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by DSC7: 5:19pm On Feb 04, 2023
benuejosh:
Scarcity of New Naira notes and fuel are caused by people who are sabotaging the efforts of this administration. We have other denominations like 100 Naira notes. Let them load the ATM with it. But you see those 5% people and the dot in the circle people, they are sitting in sensitive positions and they are the ones sabotaging the government’s efforts.

"I can't support someone who betrayed my brother and I can't trust someone who betrayed his brother"

Tinupoo should not be trusted by any sensible Nigerian....

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by benuejosh: 5:27pm On Feb 04, 2023
DSC7:

"I can't support someone who betrayed my brother and I can't trust someone who betrayed his brother"

Tinupoo should not be trusted by any sensible Nigerian....
you are part of those sabotaging our president’s effort. You need to be investigated.
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 5:41pm On Feb 04, 2023
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by Jalinspy(f): 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2023
Shot at sight activated grin. Let the soldiers do the needful, and stop those that want to overthrow the government grin

1 Like

Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by slivertongue: 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Voting APC out is a national duty
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:58pm On Feb 04, 2023
Dey reason before you talk. Unthinkable people like you are those with the thought that this can affect any politician.

It's other way round, You all cannot think!

I've been using POS with humongous charges just to get necessary cash.

How can I be suffering to cash money I earn with my sweat angry
azpekuliar:
All this Bourdillon manufactured protests.
You are 3 weeks away from an election and you are doing street protests 😂 grin
When the best opportunity to protest is right before you on the 25th of February
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by M4A1carbine: 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2023
Are you saying all this Nonsense, to deflect the fact that the person you supported for 8yrs is doing this??

You think people are shallow brained like you agbado, paid to be foolish miscreants??

Everybody knows that the Protest was instituted by APC hoodlums...and any new protest will be met with ferocious brutality.

Shey na 1 die...try am again..useless agbado idiats...spits

TheNiceGuy:
Dey reason before you talk. Unthinkable people like you are those with the thought that this can affect any politician.

It's other way round, You all cannot think!

I've been using POS with humongous charges just to get necessary cash.

How can I be suffering to cash money I earn with my sweat angry
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by damilola4162(m): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
Cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: One Killed, Two Hospitalised As Protesters Clash With Security Agents In Ibadan by butterfly777(m): 3:56pm On Feb 05, 2023
Aluta continua.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Government House: Hilarious Picture Of The Year / Old Naira Notes: Buhari Should Invoke An Executive Order / Finland Gives Simon Ekpe 48hours To Reverse Sit-at-home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.