Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,675 members, 7,851,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:43 PM

Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN (34223 Views)

FG Backs New Satellite Pay TV (SLTV) To Give Nigerians Value For Money / Fuel Subsidy Is Organised Crime, Should Be Removed — Peter Obi Backs Tinubu / Buhari To Nigerians: Bear With Us, If We Have Not Done Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by tundeabib1: 3:58am On Feb 06, 2023
I said it. I know the over-hyped figure you people are pushing forward will be a bundle of disappointments. A disaster! Peter Obi is a bad news! I can't imagine a sane person who has the interest of his country at heart spewing out such insensitive nonsense at this time. I thought you people are saying he is the Messiah. It is so obvious he is direction-less. I cant imagine he said that. So the pandemonium in the country now is justified becuase his kinsman is the one putting us in this mess. Perhaps the plot is directed at his main opposition so as to cripple his plans of rigging. All of your tribalistic obsession will see nothing wrong in what he is saying. Oh! What a country.
If that is coming from another person, you people would have been spitting fire and brimstone. Because it is coming from your fanthom "Messiah" he deserves an applause. And I am pretty sure most of you wold be disappointed in him on this, but you won't come to the fore and disagree with him. This is appalling! You should all bury your heads in shame.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by orisa37: 4:58am On Feb 06, 2023
CBN MUST SATISFY NIGERIANS FIRST BEFORE EMEFIELE AND BUHARI.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 6:27am On Feb 06, 2023
ParasiteWest:
There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place. The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly. The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'
AnyanwuSilas:
I'm an Igbo man and not a Muslim, I know what's good for Africans, it's the West that destabilise our continent and take our best brain, why should I live in the US or RUSSIA when chance is being created by Russia to build my home? Russia have more nuclear warheads than the US, nobody will win a nuclear war, it will simply destroy the world, as an African it's better the world be destroyed and sent back to stone age instead the US will enslave the world, you think Russia is alone? The US are hypocrite, what did Obama do for Africans as a black man? they rather used him to destabilised Africa, was it not Obama that killed Gaddafi, Let’s be Frank, a multipolar world is better than one world order.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by bewla(m): 6:33am On Feb 06, 2023
Naijanascam:

Better write in your local dialect let us look for an interpreter for the meaning
pretend like you no see

But with time you will beg to come join us ,
The ship is about to take off
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Coolgent(m): 7:05am On Feb 06, 2023
Only Tinubu is complaining.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 7:18am On Feb 06, 2023
Pascal9:
better than your bulaba
did bulala tell you i must vote 4 him?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 7:23am On Feb 06, 2023
FreddieGray:

stop blaming the west for everything,russia is not a reason to call white ,green.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 7:27am On Feb 06, 2023
Napata77:

THE WEST IS EVERYONE'S DESTINATION BECAUSE THEY'VE CORNERED THE RICHES OF THE WORLD THROUGH MILITARY TERROR AND BRIGANDAGE GOING BACK 1,000 YEARS, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE ANGELS.

THE CHINAS AND RUSSIAS OF THE WORLD ARE 'TYRANNICAL' BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO UNITE INTERNALLY TO FIGHT WESTERN IMPERIALISM.

IT CANNOT BE DONE VIA 'DEMOCRACY' BECAUSE EVERY NATION IS FILLED WITH SELLOUTS AND TRAITORS READY TO SABOTAGE THEIR NATION FOR A MESS OF POTTAGE.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 06, 2023
ParasiteWest:
There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place. The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly. The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'
AnyanwuSilas:
I'm an Igbo man and not a Muslim, I know what's good for Africans, it's the West that destabilise our continent and take our best brain, why should I live in the US or RUSSIA when chance is being created by Russia to build my home? Russia have more nuclear warheads than the US, nobody will win a nuclear war, it will simply destroy the world, as an African it's better the world be destroyed and sent back to stone age instead the US will enslave the world, you think Russia is alone? The US are hypocrite, what did Obama do for Africans as a black man? they rather used him to destabilised Africa, was it not Obama that killed Gaddafi, Let’s be Frank, a multipolar world is better than one world order.
Napata77:

THE WEST IS EVERYONE'S DESTINATION BECAUSE THEY'VE CORNERED THE RICHES OF THE WORLD THROUGH MILITARY TERROR AND BRIGANDAGE GOING BACK 1,000 YEARS, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE ANGELS.

THE CHINAS AND RUSSIAS OF THE WORLD ARE 'TYRANNICAL' BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO UNITE INTERNALLY TO FIGHT WESTERN IMPERIALISM.

IT CANNOT BE DONE VIA 'DEMOCRACY' BECAUSE EVERY NATION IS FILLED WITH SELLOUTS AND TRAITORS READY TO SABOTAGE THEIR NATION FOR A MESS OF POTTAGE.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 06, 2023
FreddieGray:

It has been established and it's a fact that the West had engaged in pre colonial, colonial and post colonial exploitation of African resources. The US/West exploits the world through various clandestine activities but most especially it's currency. The economic disparity between the collective west and developing countries can be considered an exploitation or rebranded slavery. The legal minimum wage for jobs in most western countries is the equivalent of $10/hr. For illustration, A factory worker in the US/west earns $15/hr, 8 hours per day in a 5 day work week = about $500 weekly. In 2 weeks time, this factory worker would be able to save about $1000 for a tech product (let's say an iPhone).... I know this worker will have other needs but this is just for illustration. Meanwhile, a factory worker in Nigeria working 8 hours a day..maybe 10K a day ..in a 5 day work week would earn like 50K naira weekly...in 2 weeks, that's 100K naira (less than $250 as of today). Both had the same labour input but the Nigerian was exploited by the hegemon. The West influenced the politics of Africa. Most African countries are still under defacto colonialism. The Western interference in our domestic politics allows them install puppets('African leaders') who in turn give the colonizers a free hand to loot our resources. We can take advantage of the rivalry between the West and East and use it to our own benefit.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 06, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
stop blaming the west for everything,russia is not a reason to call white ,green.
FreddieGray:

Palestine Denounces West's Double Standards On Israel's Illegal Occupation

Palestine denounces the West's double-standard punitive measures, which provide for sanctions against Russia over its special military operation in Ukraine while totally ignoring Israel's occupation of the West Bank and its violence against the Palestinian people, Palestinian Foreign Minister Riad al-Maliki told Sputnik.

"The Europeans and the Americans, they imposed sanctions against Russia for the events that took place in Crimea, while they refrained from taking any actions against Israel, that has been occupying the Palestinian territory for the last 55 years. And we have been asking the international community to impose sanctions and punitive measures against Israel for their occupation of our land. So obviously, this really reflects double standards which we do not really accept," al-Maliki said.

Palestine, in particular, took note of the wording in statements issued by states around the world with regard to the recent escalation in the country's relations with Israel, the Palestinian top diplomat said, adding that the West had expressed condolences over the shootings in Jerusalem that killed several Israelis while choosing not to mention an Israeli deadly raid on the Jenin refugee camp.

"We see the double language when it comes to attacks committed by Israelis against us, vis-a-vis incidents when Palestinians individuals attack some Israelis. They are using the same descriptions when describing us, the Palestinians, that the Israelis use(Israelis label them as terrorists while the Neo-Nazi terrorists in Ukraine are described as freedom fighters). While when it comes to attacks by Israel, they only talk about the need for de-escalation, but they never directly condemn Israel," al-Maliki told Sputnik.

On January 26, at least nine Palestinians were killed and 20 others injured as a result of an Israeli raid on the Jenin refugee camp in the West Bank. The next day, seven Israelis were killed in a suspected terrorist shooting in Jerusalem, and another two in a shooting at an archaeological site in the city the day after.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken visited Israel and the West Bank from January 30-31 amid the heightened tensions between the sides. The US's top diplomat urged both Israel and Palestine to ensure de-escalation of tensions in their bilateral relations, but eventually left the region without offering any concrete measures to end the violence, al-Maliki told Sputnik.

SOURCE
Mods, I hope this gets your attention.
nlfpmod, Skydancer, Erad, Cao, Mkmyers45, Dragnet, Twinstaiye, Mikuz, Nex, Osystein, mynd44, Tjskii, Olawalebabs, seun, Obinoscopy, mukina2, Lawyer, FarmTech, Briareos, Obinnau, Divepen1, RoyalRoy, Pavore9, Prof800, CrazyMan, FOD, Ben13, Dani1luv, Sissie, Uboma, Rocktation, Richiez, farano, Justwise, oam4j, Honsule, lalasticlala, Airmark, Odumchi, Marpol, Semid4lyfe, DisGuy, Bigfrancis21, Davide470, 1forall, R231 and dominique.

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 06, 2023
This man is con, off course he is not going anywhere.
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 10:26am On Feb 06, 2023
bewla:
pretend like you no see

But with time you will beg to come join us ,
The ship is about to take off

Keep decieving yourself with false hope......
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by HellVictorinho7: 3:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
FreddieGray:

still not everything
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2023
asanausana91:
the policy will make Evil people like Tinubu to cry.
Didn't you see our corrupt politicians running helter skelter?
God bless Buhari and Emefiele.
Hahahaaaa 😁

Who are the "we" that want the policy?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 12:11am On Feb 07, 2023
Naijanascam:

And how can a presidential candidate be lamenting as if they stole his wallet....... because means of Vote buying and hiring urchins for rallies are not realistic........ this picture speaks volumes if you have a sane mind

How does your screenshot and the above answer the following questions?

How is Peter obi different from Tinubu or atiku? What makes you think peter obi is interested in the next generation?

How can a presidential candidate tell nigerians to bear suffering for cash in the midst of fuel scarcity? Is he sensitive to the rights of Nigerians?

How will cashless policy being implemented this way benefit us in the end?

How are bankers making it difficult for people to get new notes? Why do you need new notes? I thought you said cashless policy is the best?

Who created the scarcity of new notes?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 12:13am On Feb 07, 2023
alezzy13:

Seriously? What does it matter whose job it is? Any move to tackle the security issue is welcomed

How is the policy a timely one and how it would help address some of the issues we have been facing? What are those issues we have been facing that cashless policy will address?

Is it the job of cbn to curb kidnappings?
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Naijanascam: 12:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
CheapHomes1:

How does your screenshot and the above answer the following questions?

How is Peter obi different from Tinubu or atiku? What makes you think peter obi is interested in the next generation?

How can a presidential candidate tell nigerians to bear suffering for cash in the midst of fuel scarcity? Is he sensitive to the rights of Nigerians?

How are bankers making it difficult for people to get new notes? Why do you need new notes? I thought you said cashless policy is the best?

For you asking the above questions means that you are irredeemably shallow
Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by CheapHomes1: 3:18am On Feb 08, 2023
Naijanascam:

For you asking the above questions means that you are irredeemably shallow

How does ur screenshot and the above answer the following questions?

Re: Peter Obi Backs New Naira Policy, Urges Nigerians To Bear With CBN by Bullionaire: 7:30am On Feb 13, 2023
Eriokanmi:
You mean the Bullionaire?

Please stop calling that druggy my name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Court Sentences Herdsman To Two Years Imprisonment For Grazing / Osinbajo And Wife Celebrate Valentine In Dubai (Photo) / Abba Kyari: NDLEA Reveals More Details On Drug Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.