Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns (21937 Views)

Judge Shot Dead In Court By Gunmen In Imo(photos) / Seven Policemen Killed By Gunmen In Abuja. Graphic Photo / Nigerian 'Egede' Cultist Shot Dead By Gunmen In South Africa. Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TMSMedia: 5:26am On Feb 06, 2023
Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns (Graphic Photos)

A journalist with the News Agency of Nigeria, Chioma Ugboma and the sister of the customary court judge, Nnaemeka Ugboma, who was shot dead in Imo State, took to Facebook to mourn him.

Ugboma was killed by gunmen while presiding over a court session last Thursday, February 2, IGBERETV reports.

It was gathered that the killers who came on motorcycles, invaded the court room, dragged the magistrate out and shot him dead.

While escaping, the gunmen shot sporadically into the air to scare litigants and their counsels.

Until his death, Ugboma presided over an Imo magistrate court in Ejemekwurun, Oguta Local Government Area of the the state.

Taking to Facebook on Sunday, Chioma penned an emotional note mourning her brother.

"My elder brother, Nnaemeka Ugboma (ESQ) was shot dead on Thursday during his court sitting. The pain is inexplicable. We neither thirst nor hunger, our mouths open to wail but even the tears are becoming frozen. Our prayer is that God takes charge. We take solace that life is temporary and we shall all meet our maker someday to be judged by our deeds."
https://www.facebook.com/100000881246557/posts/pfbid0257AzdE5ieJrXnhuEEyqCGGHzWueEHrJRjiotDQuzZeH1aSHybnASfKimgM8QSgwil/?app=fbl

https://igberetvnews.com/1438379/sister-imo-judge-shot-dead-gunmen-court-mourns-graphic-photos/

4 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TMSMedia: 5:27am On Feb 06, 2023
More

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Profadvocate: 5:45am On Feb 06, 2023
This is so sad
What should we do about this country ?
Can Nigeria ever be fine again

Hardship and insecurity every part of the country

How much have you collected to be shouting vote APC back to power

Pls return their money else the blood of the innocent go pursue you oooooo

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by PointZerom: 5:49am On Feb 06, 2023
Profadvocate:
This is so sad

Deep.

19 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Malory: 5:50am On Feb 06, 2023
Rip. Nigeria failed him.

2 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by InfernoNig: 6:13am On Feb 06, 2023
So sad.
Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Terri3Assets1: 6:14am On Feb 06, 2023
Sad
Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Richy4(m): 6:18am On Feb 06, 2023
Malory:
Rip. Nigeria failed him.
I can't help but agree with you..
I guess most police officers have been deployed to the politicians and their wives.. Some are helping them to carry their shopping bags... while people like this man that was simply carrying out his duties were left vulnerable and exposed to be preyed upon by blood tasty individuals of the underworld

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Malory: 6:20am On Feb 06, 2023
Richy4:

I can't help but agree with you..
I guess most police officers have been deployed to the politicians and their wives.. Some are helping them to carry their shopping bags... while people like this man that was simply carrying out his duties were left vulnerable and exposed to be preyed upon by blood tasty individuals of the underworld
Such hardly happen before Buhari came to power.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Richy4(m): 6:34am On Feb 06, 2023
Malory:
It's really sad honestly...How a court will be in session and only 1 or maybe 2 officers would be on guard is just amazing...

What can they possibly do if 7 or more gang members storms the premises? Besides, I'm not even sure there were officers at the scene when this dastardly act occurred...

We can only rant online while the decay keep on getting worse by the day with no one willing to listen... I don taya for Nigeria matter honestly..

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by kingthreat(m): 6:36am On Feb 06, 2023
Profadvocate:
This is so sad

APC did not kill him. For awhile, we have been shouting about insecurity and in the SE and the people there are quiet. When gunmen were killing policemen, the people even cheered the act. Now the law enforcement in that region is nothing to write home about. People kill at will. Untill the Igbos united with a voice against IPOB and insecurity, unfortunately shit like this will keep happening. RIP barrister.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Malory: 6:41am On Feb 06, 2023
Richy4:

It's really sad honestly...How a court will be in session and only 1 or maybe 2 officers would be on guard is just amazing...

What can they possibly do if 7 or more gang members storms the premises? Besides, I'm not even sure there were officers at the scene when this dastardly act occurred...

We can only rant online while the decay keep on getting worse by the day with no one willing to listen... I don taya for Nigeria matter honestly..
What most people don't understand is that action beget another action. Before Buhari came to power, Nigerians respect sanctity of blood. We hardly hear of this kind of thing until he allowed his Fulani kins to start killing people in hundreds. He started sending troops to kill people in the east just because of his age long hatred toward the east. All what you are seeing now are the results of his bad legacy. Now no one fears to kill again. In fact it is easier to kill human now that to kill chicken unlike what is obtainable in the past. All I know is that whoever that kills will never end well. Everyone must answer for his or her crime either here or in the world after.

16 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Jennyclay(f): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2023
So sad sad.

Another one from AfghanEastern sad

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TheChameleon: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2023
Tell me how this Chioma wouldn't flee to Lagos.

The ONLY Igbos living in South East are the wretched ones without transport fare.

It's every flatin0s dream to relocate to Yoruba land.

RIP to your brother.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TheChameleon: 6:56am On Feb 06, 2023
angry

2 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TheChameleon: 7:04am On Feb 06, 2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Kajaard: 7:12am On Feb 06, 2023
kingthreat:

APC did not kill him. For awhile, we have been shouting about insecurity and in the SE and the people there are quiet. When gunmen were killing policemen, the people even cheered the act. Now the law enforcement in that region is nothing to write home about. People kill at will. Untill the Igbos united with a voice against IPOB and insecurity, unfortunately shit like this will keep happening. RIP barrister.

Seconded

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by TheChameleon: 7:24am On Feb 06, 2023
Luckylife:
grin

I destroyed you so much that you are checking my post history. grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Nobody: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2023
FreddieGray:

It has been established and it's a fact that the West had engaged in pre colonial, colonial and post colonial exploitation of African resources. The US/West exploits the world through various clandestine activities but most especially it's currency. The economic disparity between the collective west and developing countries can be considered an exploitation or rebranded slavery. The legal minimum wage for jobs in most western countries is the equivalent of $10/hr. For illustration, A factory worker in the US/west earns $15/hr, 8 hours per day in a 5 day work week = about $500 weekly. In 2 weeks time, this factory worker would be able to save about $1000 for a tech product (let's say an iPhone).... I know this worker will have other needs but this is just for illustration. Meanwhile, a factory worker in Nigeria working 8 hours a day..maybe 10K a day ..in a 5 day work week would earn like 50K naira weekly...in 2 weeks, that's 100K naira (less than $250 as of today). Both had the same labour input but the Nigerian was exploited by the hegemon. The West influenced the politics of Africa. Most African countries are still under defacto colonialism. The Western interference in our domestic politics allows them install puppets('African leaders') who in turn give the colonizers a free hand to loot our resources. We can take advantage of the rivalry between the West and East and use it to our own benefit.

Napata77:
THE WEST IS EVERYONE'S DESTINATION BECAUSE THEY'VE CORNERED THE RICHES OF THE WORLD THROUGH MILITARY TERROR AND BRIGANDAGE GOING BACK 1,000 YEARS, NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE ANGELS. THE CHINAS AND RUSSIAS OF THE WORLD ARE 'TYRANNICAL' BECAUSE IT IS THE ONLY WAY TO UNITE INTERNALLY TO FIGHT WESTERN IMPERIALISM. IT CANNOT BE DONE VIA 'DEMOCRACY' BECAUSE EVERY NATION IS FILLED WITH SELLOUTS AND TRAITORS READY TO SABOTAGE THEIR NATION FOR A MESS OF POTTAGE.

ParasiteWest:
There cannot be a right government until the West is put in their place. The interest of the West in developing countries is to make sure the developing countries remain impoverished so the citizens of those countries would find migration to the West for 'greener pastures' attractive where they're then exploited and exposed to modern day slavery. Their intent is to keep the West as a 'paradise' in the minds of the manipulated public. The West influenced the politics of Africa directly/indirectly. The right govt will get the 'Gaddafi treatment'
AnyanwuSilas:
I'm an Igbo man and not a Muslim, I know what's good for Africans, it's the West that destabilise our continent and take our best brain, why should I live in the US or RUSSIA when chance is being created by Russia to build my home? Russia have more nuclear warheads than the US, nobody will win a nuclear war, it will simply destroy the world, as an African it's better the world be destroyed and sent back to stone age instead the US will enslave the world, you think Russia is alone? The US are hypocrite, what did Obama do for Africans as a black man? they rather used him to destabilised Africa, was it not Obama that killed Gaddafi, Let’s be Frank, a multipolar world is better than one world order.
Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Luckylife(m): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2023
H
Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Authoreety: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2023
Terrible!

Whats hapning in the east na....?

Buhari and his cabals should give peace a chance and release Kanu to his people..

I guess buhari is a blood sucking demon though. But karma must surely visit him!
Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by ipobarecriminals: 7:41am On Feb 06, 2023
sad OBINNA boys sad, una wehdone sad.

3 Likes

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by ipobarecriminals: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2023
sad sad fl@theaddPIGS killing their parents sad.

May chukwu okike okoro KILL all supporters of Kanu causing pains/sorrow in Nig

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2023
Malory:

grin

I don't like APC, but their opponents dey lie like them well well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Sheistoopretty(f): 7:42am On Feb 06, 2023
Women are just endangered species in this country embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Nigerian men killing women since time Immemorial embarassed embarassed

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 06, 2023
Malory:
Rip. Nigeria failed him.

So when someone is murdered anywhere in the world....their country failed them?

I am tired of hearing this comment. Nigeria falied them, okay.? So, when the family of a neurosurgeon in the UK was killed by gangsters, the UK failed them? When a judge was killed by an angry plaintiff in the USA, the USA failed them? Or when people were stabbed in Germany some years ago, Germany failed them? Or the time two Italian judges were killed in separate car bomb attacks , Italy failed them? (For the record, they had good decent security).

Yes, our government needs to do better, and yes, I won't shed tears when APC is voted out, and yes, I want Tinubu to lose, and his supporters to cry well well, but this comment Nigeria failed them makes no sense.

So, the fact that I was not murdered means Nigeria has not failed me? The fact that you can type this means Nigeria has not failed you?

Seriously, if you want your candidate to win, campaign on serious matter.Not on emotion. But the thing is, murder happens anywhere, anytime. For all we know, the guy was killed by assasains sent because he did his job well. Even if we become like USA tomorrow, someone somehwere is going to still kill someone. It is not a sign that the nation has failed.

Unless you want a society where everyone is implanted with devices that can scan their brains, so if anyone is contemplating murder, the device gets rid of them. You won't like it.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnaemeka Ugboma: Sister Of Imo Judge Shot Dead By Gunmen In Court, Mourns by Cricketman: 7:43am On Feb 06, 2023
Very sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Kill His Wife In Plateau, But Claims She Fell Inside Well / Nigerian Man Admits To Shooting The Judge About To Send Him To Prison In US / Secondary School Student Shot Dead By Policeman In Niger State (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.