Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? (13326 Views)

How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips / 10 Tips To Help You Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 10:39am On Feb 06, 2023
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

1) Is it okay to do that?
2) How long should I wait?
3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by EgwunsoDOTcom: 12:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.
Feel free to remind them, it's not a crime.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by QuinModah(f): 1:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
Afte you get another job
Gagare1:

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 2:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
EgwunsoDOTcom:

Feel free to remind them, it's not a crime.

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 06, 2023
QuinModah:
Afte you get another job

So I should never contact them unless they contact me, or I got another job.

Is that what you mean?

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Aust1n(m): 2:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
After the 2023 election.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by kolarov93(m): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
U no get receptionist phone number?
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
After election

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by PrimadonnaO(f): 2:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Is that what you mean?

It's actually in a candidate's best interest to always check in about the status of their recruitment.

All manner of things happen in the "in-between." Sometimes forgetfulness because someone's overwhelmed and not prioritising...sometimes careless omission.

Please reach out to the contact person to let them know you're awaiting feedback.

It also shows that you have a continued interest in joining the organization.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by pensilpyper(m): 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
From experience after medicals I waited about two months, cos the person i was to take over from was being trained for the position of someone who resigned/retired causing the vacancy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

It's actually important for you to contact them. Under normal circumstances, they could be delaying you from getting another potential offer, so remind the HR in a humble way that you need to hear from them so as to know when you would likely resume or if you can consider other offers...

Just be humble about it and mind your choice of words. Good luck bro.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by QuinModah(f): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
wink
Gagare1:

Is that what you mean?
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by lomprico(m): 2:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
Who can write a term paper for msc management economics student?
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Xcelinteriors(f): 2:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
I think you will sound desperate if you contact them first. I will advise you pray and hope everything work out fine. God bless you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Kajaard: 2:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Is that what you mean?

Don't listen to that poster. A lot of nairalanders are dumb.

After your medicals you can contact HR a week later if they have not gotten back to you. The medical tests and check ups should take like 2 to 3 days for the lab or hospital to collate before sending to HR.

So 1 week is ideal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by chigoziri2403(m): 2:26pm On Feb 06, 2023
I know the organisation you applied for
Just have patience,mine took almost 6 months after medicals

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by javaoop: 2:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
I think it would not be a bad idea to contact them. No serious company will penalize you for that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by EshjayLee(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
I think it's ideal to wait for two weeks. After which you can ask for the feedback. Two months is somehow long not to have gotten feedback.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by BigDawsNet: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Over two months is a long time for me...

Just start working on applying for others jobs...
The will probably call you when they are set... but you hav to give your self some options

Some Organisations may take up to 6months to get you started

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by VeryWickedSimp: 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Once you start showing symptoms.

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by chigoziri2403(m): 2:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

I know the organisation you applied for
Just have patience,mine took almost 6 months after medicals
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by oluwaseyi0: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
After a month reach out to them to know your status

even if you fail medical they should let you know
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Resurgent2016: 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Just let them you are following up on your application. Until you have a signed offer, you are a free agent..so keep being in the job market
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by thesicilian: 2:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
Xcelinteriors:
I think you will sound desperate if you contact them first. I will advise you pray and hope everything work out fine. God bless you
Lol.
Pray and hope ke?
If that's the case then why bother to apply for the job and go for interview, one should just sit at home praying and hoping for miracle. If you need something you have to go for it o, there's nothing like appearing desperate.

I once got a job after repeatedly disturbing the MD with calls, to the point that he had to personally look into why I hadn't been called yet almost a month after interview. Turned out the hiring manager was trying to keep the position for his nephew who was about to finish nysc! That manager almost lost his own job in the process.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by polite2(m): 2:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
From ma experience, if a company failed to reach you within the first week of medicals...then you will wait a little longer for another vacancy to pop up.. so feel free to remind dem
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by gassbee: 2:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
2 months is a pretty long time for a serious firm to wait to call you .
May b they found something in your medicals .
I wil advise you to move on to other available jobs

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Truckpusher(m): 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Don't ever contact them.

After my aptitude test, oral interview and medical test , I spent one full year and didn't hear from them - I got the call on my birthday later part of that year.

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by dallasi: 2:36pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Na dem wan hire you abi na you wan recruit them.? " Kaji wata magana dan Allah

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Want A Good Job In Nigeria? 6 Factors To Consider / 90k Job In Ogun Or 100k Job In Niger State / Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.