Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,270 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? (13420 Views)

How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips / 10 Tips To Help You Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by moonbender(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

1) Is it okay to do that?
2) How long should I wait?
3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.

Let me guess the organisation

NAHCO?
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 4:09pm On Feb 06, 2023
moonbender:

Let me guess the organisation

NAHCO?

Congratulations! You chose the RRRRRWRONG answer.

Frank Edoho tinz.

Try again.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Franchise21(m): 4:10pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

That was my friend, not me. Besides, he said it was scam. So try another guess.
Lol. What are u confessing? I don't even know ur friend. What I meant is, I know a company that can take time to get bk to candidates after medicals. So I don't know what or who you're referring to
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by lomprico(m): 4:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
thatigboman:
why can't the msc mgt economics student write the term paper themselve?

Na olodo him be, na japa cause am.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 4:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
chigoziri2403:

What position did you apply for?

Logistics Manager.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.

Hmm, it may be that you didnt pass the medicals, 5 months is a long time. You should call them to find out.

Possible scenarios:

You didnt pass the medical, maybe a hidden medical condition they discovered hiv aids, stds.

The company is ready to call you yet,the current political climate is sending jitters to many companies, business owners in Nigeria are waiting for the elections to pass and know how the year will be, current state is not encouraging.

You can still call them. Company can call you even after 1 year.

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 4:16pm On Feb 06, 2023
Franchise21:
Lol. What are u confessing? I don't even know ur friend. What I meant is, I know a company that can take time to get bk to candidates after medicals. So I don't know what or who you're referring to

I created a topic on this about six months back. You can check my topics. Dude almost spent a 100k. Na God save am we found out on time. Scammer was not even a staff there.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 4:18pm On Feb 06, 2023
quentin06:

Hmm, it may be that you didnt pass the medicals, 5 months is a long time. You should call them to find out.

Possible scenarios:

You didnt pass the medical, maybe a hidden medical condition they discovered hiv aids, stds.

The company is ready to call you yet,the current political climate is sending jitters to many companies, business owners in Nigeria are waiting for the elections to pass and know how the year will be, current state is not encouraging.

You can still call them. Company can call you even after 1 year.

They only checked my BP then sent me for a chest x-ray. I doubt if any issue was found.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Mayeldah(m): 4:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
O ti lo'
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by bizzibodi(m): 4:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

They only checked my BP then sent me for a chest x-ray. I doubt if any issue was found.
They should have sent you the results:fit or unfit to reassure you.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by NwaliE01: 4:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
My personal experience though. I worked for a multinational company before i left the country.
Prior to my employment, we did 2 stages aptitude test (objectives and theory). Afterwards, successful candidates were shortlisted for oral interviews and then medicals.
Interestly, after the medicals, i didn't hear anything from the company for over 3 months if I remember vividly.
It was a very scary moment for me because, i was locked in between thoughts whether I was successful or not.
To cut the long story short, i was eventually invited to resume the following year, because the medicals was done around October, and their training school was closed for the year in November (Later discovered after my employment).

My advice
Please do not mail or call the company, they don't forget their successful candidates. The interviews and medicals cost them alot both materially, finacially and mentally. Staffing is really tasking.

What you need to do is to pray and be prepared to resume anytime because, they often don't give so much time for you to prepare before resumption.
Before i forget, some people that had medical issue (High BP), were contacted to repeat the test, so if you're not contacted, it means you're successful.
I celebrate with you in advance.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

They didnt take blood sample?
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by LyfeJennings(m): 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
U can follow up almost immediately bruh
Time is money
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by phemmyfour: 4:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

You better do....in the same country, people were not employed even after attending induction class
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by deltateam: 4:50pm On Feb 06, 2023
adler777:

It's actually important for you to contact them. Under normal circumstances, they could be delaying you from getting another potential offer, so remind the HR in a humble way that you need to hear from them so as to know when you would likely resume or if you can consider other offers...

Just be humble about it and mind your choice of words. Good luck bro.

Choice of words and you're telling them you are considering other offers?

Oga o.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by drimzsmoke(m): 4:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Just wait,there’s no point in trying to contact them....my brother did pre-employment assessment(Zenith) last year October or thereabouts,he didn’t resume with them until last month....they will contact you!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by cedeki(m): 4:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
one week, that's enough time for them and the clinic to have reviewed your medical fitness duty report
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by lereinter(m): 4:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
I think the federal elections is slowing many things down

Send a gentle reminder

Be optimistic things go soon pan up
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
deltateam:

Choice of words and you're telling them you are considering other offers?

Oga o.

A potential employee has a right to tell the HR that he hasn't heard from them and can tell them he may consider other offers if the employment period is unknown. Please this isn't for those with slavery mentality, the remuneration isn't for free.

Hunger shouldn't becloud your sense of self-worth. I also thoroughly stressed courtesy and use of the right words so your perspective is very wrong.

3 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
quentin06:

They didnt take blood sample?

Nope, they didn't.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 5:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
I appreciate your kind response.
NwaliE01:
My personal experience though. I worked for a multinational company before i left the country.
Prior to my employment, we did 2 stages aptitude test (objectives and theory). Afterwards, successful candidates were shortlisted for oral interviews and then medicals.
Interestly, after the medicals, i didn't hear anything from the company for over 3 months if I remember vividly.
It was a very scary moment for me because i was locked in between thoughts whether I was successful or not.
To cut the story short, i was eventually invited to resume the following year, because the medicals was done around October, and their training school was closed for the year in November (Later discovered after my employment).

My advice
Please do not mail or call the company, they don't forget their successful candidates. The interviews and medicals cost them alot both materially, finacially and mentally. Staffing is really tasking.

What you need to do is to pray and be prepared to resume anytime because, they often don't give so much time for you to prepare before resumption.
Before i forgot, some people that had medical issue (High BP), were contacted to repeat the test, so if you're not contacted, it means you're successful.
I celebrate with you in advance.
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by francotunsco: 5:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

So I should never contact them unless they contact me, or I got another job.

Is that what you mean?

He mean you should hurriedly look for another JOB. He also wishes you good-luck.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Franchise21(m): 6:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

I created a topic on this about six months back. You can check my topics. Dude almost spent a 100k. Na God save am we found out on time. Scammer was not even a staff there.
Ooh. OK
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by EvansU: 7:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

You even took too long. Contact the company ASAP.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by bfbellexce: 10:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Mheen jobs are scarce now o. One gat follow up. Waited 3 weeks for a job but was always in touch using the right language, hoping to meet
a great team, learn and develop skills to make reasonable contributions. After medicals and offer, waited another 3 weeks to resume. Was always following up in someway by greetings. The tension no be here. It's always good to follow up if you have a contact person.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by meobizy(f): 7:12pm On Feb 10, 2023
Call your employer and stop consulting broke people on Nairaland.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by GboyegaD(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2023
@Gagare1,
Have they contacted you or have you contacted them?

If no, what are you waiting on? You have the right to know the status of your application.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 6:35pm On Apr 19, 2023
GboyegaD:
@Gagare1,
Have they contacted you or have you contacted them?

If no, what are you waiting on? You have the right to know the status of your application.

I haven't contacted them yet. Reason is that I was advised against it by someone with a contact there. He also told me that their employment process is slow, and that many large organisations are waiting until after swearing in before they commence recruitment.

However, I secured the same position with another organisation (3rd party employment), starting May. But I still hope they contact me (theirs will be direct staff with better package).
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by GboyegaD(m): 8:06pm On Apr 19, 2023
Gagare1:

I haven't contacted them yet. Reason is that I was advised against it by someone with a contact there. He also told me that their employment process is slow, and that many large organisations are waiting until after swearing in before they commence recruitment.

However, I secured the same position with another organisation (3rd party employment), starting May. But I still hope they contact me (theirs will be direct staff with better package).

Good you have something keeping you busy. In that case, you can relax and hope for the best. I wish you all you wish for.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2023
GboyegaD:

Good you have something keeping you busy. In that case, you can relax and hope for the best. I wish you all you wish for.

I appreciate your kindness. Thanks again.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afritv Recruitment Process / Massive Academic And Few Non-academic Recruitment At FUOYE / Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.