Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? (13445 Views)

How Long Should You wait before you Follow Up After A Job Interview? / Want To Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV? Follow These Tips / 10 Tips To Help You Grab The Employer’s Attention With Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Muyiii(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

1) Is it okay to do that?
2) How long should I wait?
3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.

I know you’re anxious and it’s totally understandable. However, I don’t think it’s a good idea. If you’re required urgently, they will do the needful. Also, sometimes these process can be lengthy due to internal processes and often office internal politics as well. You’ve waited all these while, exercise a bit patience. Remember, what is yours won’t pass you by.

Be strong

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by TheZeezle(m): 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
What about Senegal?

zenith114:
If you  Plan to migrate to UK �� in 2023 (via study),send a  DM  I can help you apply to as many as possible schools in the UK for just a token, putting into considerations tuition deposit, tuition balance payment plan, accommodation and jobs.

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by thatigboman: 2:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
lomprico:
Who can write a term paper for msc management economics student?
why can't the msc mgt economics student write the term paper themselve?

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by thatigboman: 2:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:
So I have passed the aptitude test, oral interview, and done the medical test. But it has been over two months now and I am yet to hear from them. I am thinking of sending an email to the employer.

3) How long is the employment process in big organisations? It has been over five months since we started.
normally u do medicals when u have gotten the job. Medicals is mere formality. I don't understand why 2 months later they have not contacted.
Make discreet inquiry if u have someone in HR. Some organisations get furious if candidates contact them officially.

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Yankee101: 2:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
Call the HR dept directly
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by patrickmuf(m): 2:57pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Reach out to the HR team.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Earthstorms(m): 2:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Call on phone if possible.

Sending a mail can be interpreted in many ways.
In an international company that I know of, a group of young recruits were not called to resume work because they wrote a group letter asking when they can resume after passing the interview.

Maybe the company did not want troublesome lots to be recruited.

Whatever you decide to do, remember the company is not obligated to employ you even after medical, do not give them the impression that it is your right to be employed and resume work.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by eraankusam07(m): 3:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
They are trying your patience to know if you are a kind of person that can endure to do the work when your salary is been delayed for months.

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Setaleonoz(m): 3:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
VeryWickedSimp:
Once you start showing symptoms.

👆😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Segzy19: 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
Just do them an email that you have done the medicals and that you want to know what the next step is....

If job is still on, then they should tell you to hold on, that they will still get in touch with you or even give you a more reassuring response...

Just make sure you send the email to the recruitment team or persons that contacted you, sent you for the medicals or the HR

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Setaleonoz(m): 3:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
Someone said
once u start showing symptoms cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Franchise21(m): 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

I think I know this company

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Papichulostunne(m): 3:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
Aust1n:
After the 2023 election.
hahahaah crase.
Make he better call them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Ishoola: 3:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

If you can, first bank did same to me at about 7 years ago, I kuku just leave them.

2 Likes

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:23pm On Feb 06, 2023
Franchise21:
I think I know this company

Do tell, if you may. wink
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by sofiscatedmoron: 3:24pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

if they need u they will call u

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
Setaleonoz:
Someone said
once u start showing symptoms cheesy grin

Azin eh? Unto sickness level ba? grin grin
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:26pm On Feb 06, 2023
eraankusam07:
They are trying your patience to know if you are a kind of person that can endure to do the work when your salary is been delayed for months.

Interesting.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:27pm On Feb 06, 2023
thatigboman:
normally u do medicals when u have gotten the job. Medicals is mere formality. I don't understand why 2 months later they have not contacted.
Make discreet inquiry if u have someone in HR. Some organisations get furious if candidates contact them officially.

Thanks.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:28pm On Feb 06, 2023
Aust1n:
After the 2023 election.

I also have similar feelings that the election may delay recruitment in some organisations.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by ChybuzzDD(m): 3:29pm On Feb 06, 2023
Truckpusher:

Don't ever contact them.

[s]After my aptitude test, oral interview and medical test , I spent one full year and didn't hear from them - I got the call on my birthday later part of that year.[/s]

@Op, don't listen to this.
In fact, you should have called them already by now. There's no harm in doing that.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
chigoziri2403:
I know the organisation you applied for
Just have patience,mine took almost 6 months after medicals

Do tell, if you may? wink
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:34pm On Feb 06, 2023
VeryWickedSimp:
Once you start showing symptoms.

Symptoms of what? Acute Imaginative Employment Syndrome? grin grin
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Setaleonoz(m): 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Azin eh? Unto sickness level ba? grin grin

I swear grin

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 3:37pm On Feb 06, 2023
dallasi:

Na dem wan hire you abi na you wan recruit them.? " Kaji wata magana dan Allah

Ahan? Why you take am personal na? Me ya yi zafi? Just asking. Matambayi ba ya bata.

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Franchise21(m): 3:46pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Do tell, if you may. wink
For safety purpose, I won't. Your story comes to mind
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Lobotomy02: 3:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Please wait till thy kingdom come.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by MarketDispatch: 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

It can take you up to a year....just go and be doing what you are doing...even if you contact them, it does not mean it will speed up your employment

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by Gagare1(m): 4:00pm On Feb 06, 2023
Franchise21:
For safety purpose, I won't. Your story comes to mind

That was my friend, not me. Besides, he said it was scam. So try another guess.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by dallasi: 4:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Ahan? Why you take am personal na? Me ya yi zafi? Just asking. Matambayi ba ya bata.

toh

1 Like

Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by munalight(f): 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2023
If it is Zenith Bank recruitment, kindly look for another job.
Re: How Long After Medicals Should I Wait Before Contacting The Employer? by chigoziri2403(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2023
Gagare1:

Do tell, if you may? wink
What position did you apply for?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. / He Was Sacked For Refusing To Be Transfered To Boko State / Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.