Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,291 members, 7,829,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers (1470 Views)

Mtn’s Mobile Money Bank Suffers N22B Fraud, Drags 18 Banks To Court For Recovery / Q1, 2018: Access Bank Suffers N6.82b Foreign Exchange Loss / Zenith Bank Commissions Christmas Lighting Decoration In Victoria Island - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by bamideleafolabi: 5:17pm On Feb 06, 2023
For many who bank with Zenith Bank, the events of the last two working days have definitely shown that they are either being taken for granted or the bank needs serious rebooting.

Virtually all the bank's branches in Abuja were shut to customers today over systems crash. According to the bank's officials, they had no network.

A customer who visited the A.Y.A. Asokoro branch of the bank narrated that his experience was not palatable at all and he has vowed to transfer all his money to another and perhaps more serious bank. According to the customer, he got to the bank around 8.45am and all he wanted was to do bank transfer. After queueing up, he was eventually allowed in only for those in charge to say that there was no network. He was initially told he could do Zenith to Zenith transfer which he opted for so that the funds he needed could at least be moved out since he didn't install any of the banking apps and didn't have an ATM card on the account.

Shortly after he submitted the usual form for transfers, he started hearing whispers from other customers, the bank's network had been down since Friday, even the intra bank transfer may not be possible. By the time he made up his mind to leave at 12noon, situation had not changed. He had to leave frustrated and disappointed.

Meanwhile, a crowd had built up in front of the bank with many of the customers who wanted to come in into the bank premises, either to withdraw or undertake any transaction caught up with the no-network web. The gates were locked up for over forty minutes thus he could not leave the banking premises until Policemen came around from Asokoro Police station. Eventually the gate was opened so that those who wanted to leave could exit themselves.

Meanwhile, when we visited the Utako branch of the bank as well as the Aminu KANO branches in Wuse 2 around 3.00pm, there was no sign of business as the customers were turned back from the gate.

The systems failure only help to accentuate the crisis bank customers have had to face in the last few weeks as they also face an unbelievable government policy that made them deposit all their old currencies in banks in exchange for redesigned ones only for them not to be able to collect the new ones from the banks due to its non-availability.

Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by Bigredmachine: 5:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Zenith ko basement ni
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by crood: 5:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
we are doomed

i no even get this money even for account or pocket.

My people hunger want to kill me
work no dea
fuel no dea

so na like this i go take die for hunger?
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by stevnwigw1: 5:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
Zenith should live up to expectations
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by ojun50(m): 5:32pm On Feb 06, 2023
My rent money just hang for zenith and landlord no won understand
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by M4A1carbine: 5:55pm On Feb 06, 2023
System restored..

Even Google dey experience downtime.
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by yarimo(m): 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
Why will they be rowdy? After all it's affecting TINUBU only
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by VeryWickedSimp: 6:03pm On Feb 06, 2023
M4A1carbine:
System restored..

Na you restore am abi.

9 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by TarOrfeeek: 6:06pm On Feb 06, 2023
useless ACCESS BANK did the same thing to me today...

Rubbish bank

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by highchief1: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
M4A1carbine:
System restored..

try Dey travel bro.I tot bank network failures was normal until I left Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by M4A1carbine: 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2023
No mind me abeg...na trips I dey catch. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

VeryWickedSimp:

Na you restore am abi.
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by highchief1: 6:13pm On Feb 06, 2023
TarOrfeeek:
useless ACCESS BANK did the same thing to me today...

Rubbish bank
don’t bother moving from bank to bank.All the banks in Nigeria r the same..
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by M4A1carbine: 6:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
Stop talking Nonsense abeg. Even in countries with blazing internet speeds and all technological advancements have downtimes. Even if it's 45seconds.

I have been in Chase Bank and a system shutdown took 2hrs to restore. That is how, you guys expose ya sef on the forum with your useless abroad fronting...

Me sef dey outside..and I don't let it enter my head. Go and upgrade abeg. Gosh!

highchief1:
try Dey travel bro.I tot bank network failures was normal until I left Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by highchief1: 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2023
M4A1carbine:
Stop talking Nonsense abeg. Even in countries with blazing internet speeds and all technological advancements have downtimes. Even if it's 45seconds.

I have been in Chase Bank and a system shutdown took 2hrs to restore. That is how, you guys expose ya sef on the forum with your useless abroad fronting...

Me sef dey outside..and I don't let it enter my head. Go and upgrade abeg. Gosh!

no problems sir since ur chase bank and uba bank is the same.Make God Dey with u
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by MasterShifu010(m): 6:30pm On Feb 06, 2023
highchief1:
don’t bother moving from bank to bank.All the banks in Nigeria r the same..
not all banks , some are better , last I wanted porting from access bank to zenith , only to be told by a friend that zenith bank Dey deduct money from people account for no reason , so one woman advised me to go for union bank , and I never regretted it .
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by M4A1carbine: 6:33pm On Feb 06, 2023
No follow me drop lamba about being abroad ..I don't like the "Fronting" .

Every organization that uses "online Access systems" must have downtimes. Even the Pentagon as secure as they are, experience it, let alone Nigerian Banks that don't even have sufficient diesel to power their generators.

Just chill bro...it's not a new phenomenon. Cheers.

highchief1:
no problems sir since ur chase bank and uba bank is the same.Make God Dey with u
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by highchief1: 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2023
M4A1carbine:
No follow me drop lamba about being abroad ..I don't like the "Fronting" .

Every organization that uses "online Access systems" must have downtimes. Even the Pentagon as secure as they are, experience it, let alone Nigerian Banks that don't even have sufficient diesel to power their generators.

Just chill bro...it's not a new phenomenon. Cheers.

do u realize we are saying the same thing?how regular do u experience network failures abroad talk true.Do you know there’s no single day bank networks in Nigeria don’t misbehave.Bro when oyibo iwn wan fail they even can notify u.Ghana will not even mumu the way Nigeria does.there’s a big problem in that country.They won’t even apologize when Dey fail
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by M4A1carbine: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2023
True talk.

highchief1:
do u realize we are saying the same thing?how regular do u experience network failures abroad talk true.Do you know there’s no single day bank networks in Nigeria don’t misbehave.Bro when oyibo iwn wan fail they even can notify u.Ghana will not even mumu the way Nigeria does.there’s a big problem in that country.They won’t even apologize when Dey fail
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:02pm On Feb 06, 2023
NIGERIANS ARE SO SO STUPID BRAIN.
HOW CAN YOU BE ESCALATING A DOWN TIME SYSTEM UNDER MENTENANCE AS IF D BANK WENT UNDER.
ZENITH CAN NEVER GO UNDER,
DO YOU KNOW Dat EMEFIELE CAME FROM ZENITH?
DO YOU KNOW THAT EMEFIELE OWNS SHARES THERE?
OTHER BANKS AND ZENITH BRANCHES HAD SAME SYSTems ISSUES,BUT BY 2.30PM THE SYSTEMS WERE UP AND RUNNING.
CONGESTION CAUSES SYSTEM TO SLOW DOWN. WITH LOW NOTE SITUATION MONDAY IS WORSE DAY TO GO TO BANK.

AND WITH WEAK BANDWIDTH TECH WE GOT IN NIGERIA AND POWER SITUATIONS,THIS HAPPENS. IMAGINE MONDAY TODAY MILLIONSS OF CUSTOMERS BESEIGED THE BANKS,WHAT DO YOU EXPECT? SUPER NATURAL COMPUTERS ACTIONS?
ABEG NAIJA PPL TALK WITH SENSE AND STOP UNINTELLIGENT TALK AND ESCHEW FAKE NEWS. angry
Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by owem19(m): 8:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
Una go dey politize everything
M4A1carbine:
System restored..

Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by owem19(m): 8:22pm On Feb 06, 2023
Better
M4A1carbine:
No mind me abeg...na trips I dey catch. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Zenith Bank Suffers Systems Crash, Police Called In On Rowdy Abuja Customers by Mikkysmum(f): 11:30am On Feb 07, 2023
How far with the downtime, has normal service been restored?

(1) (Reply)

Authorization Failed Zenith Bank [how To Resolve Issues] / Cassava,black Or White Gold / 5 Banks Fail New Cbn Audit - Sanusi, Aondoakaa Clash Over Impending Banks’ Mds’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.