Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft (7259 Views)

Masquerades Nabbed For Theft, Torture Of Victims (Pictured) / Kano Sharia Court Sentences 8 To Death For Blasphemy / Court Sentences Two Men To Death For Stealing Fowls! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by noskeybaba: 8:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
;ddont they hav d right not to be tried in a barbaric sharia court? anyway are they even civilized?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 09, 2011
They should keep this barbaric act to the North! These people practicing Sharia are insane - they amputate criminals for theft in this 21st century! Excuse me, are there no prisons in the North for these criminals in the North?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Abayomin70(m): 8:14pm On Sep 09, 2011
noskeybaba:

;ddont they hav d right not to be tried in a barbaric sharia court? anyway are they even civilized?
guy u are funny mallam are d dumbesssstttt people av ever seen on earth world universe
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Nyntynplus: 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2011
You guyz are just talking non-sense this is religious belive and the rule only apply to muslims so why worry or the insult about, do you ever talk abt a thiev that was set ablaze instalty jst bcoz of #20 also.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Ericology(m): 8:30pm On Sep 09, 2011
Nyntynplus:

You guyz are just talking non-sense this is religious belive and the rule only apply to muslims so why worry or the insult about, do you ever talk abt a thiev that was set ablaze instalty jst bcoz of #20 also.
Stupi'd, Brain'less, 2nd century reasoninbg
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by begwong: 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2011
can i pay the amount for the malu so that they can be spared? grin grin undecided
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by babyboy3(m): 8:46pm On Sep 09, 2011
@Oldtime

Thanks for that,
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by babyboy3(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
They should keep this barbaric act to the North! These people practicing Sharia are insane - they amputate criminals for theft in this 21st century! Excuse me, are there no prisons in the North for these criminals in the North?

Please someone tell me what would happen if you steal N1 in the middle of Mushin market?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by executinal(m): 8:51pm On Sep 09, 2011
Nyntynplus:

See another dumb ass talking, so the so called governor that will give the final verdict or approval foe the amputations is clean, wake up this is 21st century.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
For all those left wing liberals and ignoramuses , just wait till Sharia comes to a town or village near you.

This disease is spreading and fools in the name of sounding clever are dancing to its tune.

Thank GOD the east will never see this sort of madness and backward stone age behavior.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by member479760: 9:04pm On Sep 09, 2011
130,000 naira ($867, 628 euros)?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by babyboy3(m): 9:14pm On Sep 09, 2011

Please someone tell me what would happen if you steal N1 in the middle of Mushin market?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2011
Not justifying sharia law angry despise its tenets

But some folks here are
the same group of people that would participate in a frenzy
to stone or burn a common thief to death.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by DDon11: 9:38pm On Sep 09, 2011
Very soon that sharia law will be. I will not be in the same country where that is practiced.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by DDon11: 9:40pm On Sep 09, 2011
I mean, that sharia law will be stopped.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Lovine: 9:43pm On Sep 09, 2011
Why are you people worried about amputation? The practice is very good because it will create more  beggars and street urchins. The sharia is for the poor and not for the rich and there is no rich person that must pass through this wicked judgment if found guilty.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by kokoye(m): 9:57pm On Sep 09, 2011
baby-boy:

The mob may lynch the person but I know for sure that the Lagos state Governor will not order an amputation.

So . . .next??
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by NRIPRIEST(m): 10:05pm On Sep 09, 2011
Barbaric fools, I feel very srry for these brainwashed fool. I wish they had let us the Biafrans depart from this demonic country called Nigeria, We Igbos dont need to have the same identity with these fools and thats why we never accepted this demonic religion!
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by babyboy3(m): 10:16pm On Sep 09, 2011

The mob may lynch the person but I know for sure that the Lagos state Governor will not order an amputation.

So . . .next??

If you steal and you get caught you are as good as dead, the only difference here is that one judgement is been processed by the court the other is done anyone in the street
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by JamesDoe: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2011
So what if they decide to stop being Muslims and become atheist, will they still face amputation?

And if the governor is a Christian in the North, is (s)he still allowed to pass sharia judgements?
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by auwal87(m): 11:15pm On Sep 09, 2011
Somebody said Muslim Nairaland member should come and say something right, well here is what I have to say,

1st - There is right to appeal up to the Federal High Courts if the thieves want to, because they are Nigerians, they can move the case out of the Shariah court, which I believe they will do.

2nd - All of you crying that is why beggars fill the country blah blah blah, it is clearly stated that this is the SECOND time that an amputation order is given by ANY court in these states where there is Shari'ah courts. Most beggars are a result of different diseases like polio, and some of them mostly accidents which do happens everyday on the bad roads that Nigeria have. (So blame this on Diseases and Accidents, but not on Amputation order which is rarely given by Sharia'ah courts because of lack of reliable evidence.

3rd - All of you crying that IBB & Co are supposed to be judged first, please let one of you go and take a case to one of the Sharia'h courts and see if the case is not taken, go along with solid proofs of the transactions. Any case, in any court, needs valid proofs. Nigerians talk more than acting, one of you can be a hero now now now by proposing a case against IBB for stealing government funds, believe me, they will take it.

4th - Yes, it is not right to give a Governor the final say of the Judgement, but looking at the political venture of the country, and the way Sharia'h cases are taken by other people whom happens to be mostly non-muslims (whom have nothing to do with Sharia'h case in anywhere around the country), the Governor can fuel down the polity and decide not to give a go ahead to the judgement if he feels that will cause trouble in his state.

Finally, It is their option, and I repeat it is an option to go to a Sharia'h court, they have every right to appeal.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by chakaz(m): 11:47pm On Sep 09, 2011
Abayomin70:

guy u are funny mallam are d dumbesssstttt people av ever seen on earth world universe
That's why 'Mallam' still remain the same evevn if you pronounce it back or front. That's why when civilisation is comming towards them, they will be running into the bush. Why not try these guys in the conventional court and possibly jail them if found guilty.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by debokaz(m): 11:48pm On Sep 09, 2011
Oldtime or newtime u better stop confusing yourself.What u call d bible is not complete without the old testament.U better stop choosing what part of it you want to believe. I dont know why u christians only obey what suit you and turn away from what you consider absurd.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by chakaz(m): 11:59pm On Sep 09, 2011
debokaz:

Oldtime or newtime u better stop confusing yourself.What u call d bible is not complete without the old testament.U better stop choosing what part of it you want to believe. I dont know why u christians only obey what suit you and turn away from what you consider absurd.
Nobody is saying that as a christian that you can do without the old testament! If you know the bible well, you would know that there are some laws in the old testament which christ himself wiped out (burnt offering is one)! Christ will always tell siners to go home and repent that their sins have been 4given.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by eridah2007(m): 12:17am On Sep 10, 2011
oldtime:

This is where you Find JESUS better in forgiveness than Man, If Islam does not understand that Jesus is the final Judge of all men,  He however

provides forgiveness for those who would come to him before the great Judgement,

The question is, Even the Sharia Judge is guilty of offense other than stealing while dolling out judgement, He might be a secret fornicator and so

are the many watchers in Court,

why should a religion put a man to a public pain of amputation when Jesus can forgive that Man?

may all Muslims who would read this know, that JESUS (not even Christianity) or Church, But Only JESUS offers a better way of Pardon for sin or

remission  

If you Judge a man that was caught in the acts of stealing, what will you do to the Man who harbor greed in his heart or the man who is Lusting in

his heart or the man who is thinking of committing the same crime but has not been caught

or even the many who did it and were never amputated

Only Jesus saves, Renounce Islam and embrace JESUS and man made Laws

when Jesus comes into a life, he will even find it difficult to sin against his master Jesus by Stealing

Mr Preacher man,infact u ar just too much,abeg make u helep us  carry bible and agogo go where sharia law dey happen for up north and halla the bolded there, i'm pretty sure, ppl there will appreciate ur boldness more than nlders. cheesy
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by searay(m): 12:25am On Sep 10, 2011
Is stealing in the hand or in the heart? Amputating the limb of a rat does't stop it from stealing. Thank God I'm not under the law, for they that are in Christ are new creatures for all old things have pass away. Come to Christ and be save.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by Princek12(m): 12:41am On Sep 10, 2011
the confused state of Nigeria, two fundamentally different sets of laws applying to two different sets of people. Confusion don break bone.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by lepasharon(f): 2:55am On Sep 10, 2011
i hope you dumb christians know that sharia law is in the bible
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by supaeagles(m): 3:54am On Sep 10, 2011
@lepasharon (f), which market you go buy that "sharia-bible" from sef??
All these our rulers who believe and adopt sharia should also have their heads chopped off, along with their left hands, for indiscriminate public funds misappropriation!!
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by velo10: 4:30am On Sep 10, 2011
I respect cultures and religions but amputation as a puishment is certainly not it. It's very barbaric. Muslims should stand up against sentences like this that put them in a bad light
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by catso(m): 10:52am On Sep 10, 2011
If this judgement is carried out, i will personally go and join Boko Haram and the Judge, the Governor and every Zamfara state politician that has a record in corruption will surely be my target.
Re: Sharia Court Sentences Two To Amputation For Theft by goggs(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2011
well I would support the amputation only on the condition that treasury looters from the North are amputated first!

Funny enough while the North held power and obvoiusly misused it (this region is the worst off in all facets of development) I thought that their leaders should have been targeted first.

After proper court trial imagine one handed Atiku, IBB, Barkindo, Mariam Abacha and her brood, kaloma ali, kai I am letting my imagination run wild now, Ciroma, Kingibe, Sani yerima, Gwad! I'm loving this, Ghali naaba, Na Allah, shekarau, Modu Sharrif, I could go on all night, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Then maybe we will extend it to the whole of naija. The No 1s will be Andy Uba, Chris Uba, Bode George, Tinubu, Gbenga Daniels, Obj, that NNDC MD, Peter Odili, Mbadinuju,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Smashes 14-Member Kidnapping Syndicate In Adamawa / NDLEA Arrests 19 IDPs For Illegal Drugs And Sales In Camps / Elochukwu & Chiamaka Nnajiofor Tortured 14 Year Old Oliver Arakwe To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.