Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. (574 Views)

PDP Presidential Candidate, Atiku Abubakar Will Win Osun By Over 60 Percent- PCC / Atiku Abubakar Will Win The Election Of 2023 / Why Mohammed Abubakar Will Dump Buhari For Atiku In 2019 – Nasiru Darazo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by MrMystrO(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2023
Note: I am not a member of any political party, I have no affiliation with any candidate, I'm only here to analyse the current political realities in the country as a true political analyst would. So please, nothing here is personal.

1. Atiku is more Appealing to the North than Tinubu mainly because he's a full blodded Fulani Muslim just like Buhari. Whether we choose to see it or not, tribalism and ethnicity still plays a major role in our politics as a country, which is very very bad, but a sad reality. The truth is, the Northerners will always pick their own over another region and since they control VITAL institutions like Defence(most important), Law enforcement and even our electoral planning bodies, it's always a lot easier for them to install one of their own at the helm of affairs than it would be for any other region in this country. Even those thinking that kwankwaso will divide Northern votes are greatly underestimating the intelligence of the northerners, and that has always been an advantage for them.

2. Tinubus history with the North is in reality, not a good one especially when looking back to his NADECO days, his actions then aren't doing him any favours now. He supported moshood abiola in his fight against the northern military and political elites led by abatcha then of which this same buhari and a lot of people in his inner circle were a part of. He berated the Nigerian military and had to flee to the UK for safety at that time. He advocated for the dissolution of Nigeria as a country, Famously said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and was a proponent of allowing the major regions autonomy to rule themselves, which this idea is such a taboo to even think of as long as the north is concerned. This historical baggage is one that he would be trying desperately to make the northerners forget but the north does not forget. This is also the reason why NO TRUE IGBO MAN can ever be allowed to be president as far as the northerners are concerned because the civil war and everything that came with it is still very fresh in their minds. I'm one of those people that happen to think that president buhari only used Tinubu to become president and has no plans whatsoever to hand over to him. Because even buhari knows that tinubu's historical baggage won't even allow him smell the presidency. Even tinubu knows this. And since buhari couldn't install his preferred candidate as flagbearer of the party, he'll rather hand over power to a northerner in another party, than to tinubu who is a core yoruba man with a lot of historical baggage from his past.

3. Between Atiku and Tinubu, Atiku is hated less by the masses and is not as generally dispised as tinubu. This will only stand to boost his credibility after He is announced as the winner. I can even see most Nigerians after the elections, especially obi supporters consoling themselves by saying at least it wasn't tinubu that won and so it's not totally a loss to them when in fact it is. Atiku is the STATUS QUO and Absolutely nothing will change or get better if he wins but I'm sure some Good willed Nigerians will celebrate his victory, not knowing that we are in for a long ride. But the fact that Atiku is less despised than tinubu in the eyes of the masses will help him greatly.

4.  In politics, Usually if you have contested for a position before, even if you lost the contest, that automatically gives you an edge in your next contest, especially if you're contesting against someone who hasn't contested for the same position before. Atiku Contested the presidential election against buhari in 2019. He was the main opposition candidate in that election and even up till now, still claims he won that election unlike Tinubu who hasn't contested for president before. if it wasnt for buhari, Atiku would have won that election and I still believe only buhari can defeat him at this time, there's no more buhari on the ballot to stop him.

5. The obi movement as I see it, has done more damage to Tinubu's public image than Atiku and his camp ever could have imagined or tried to do themselve, mainly because they (obidients) see tinubu as their main opposition and not Atiku. Look, whether you like it or not, Atiku is the only rival to tinubu in this election and ANYTHING that weakens Tinubu is only strengthening Atiku and vice versa. Frankly, I would have wished to see the obi online army take on Atiku more but oh well, here we are. Even though I personally believe that the obi movement I good for the country because for the first time, people in this country are looking beyond the known corrupt political establishment for leadership, it still falls short of a real movement that can truly take Nigeria back but that's a topic for another day. So for now, The atiku camp will take advantage of Tinubu's battered image in the media to further their agenda and take him one step closer to the presidency.

And so as a political Analyst, all I can say is that from my observations of the current trajectory of the political winds in the country, Its apparent to me that victory of Atiku Abubakar even though to me he's the worst out of all the presidential candidates (yes, even worse than Tinubu) is just inevitable.

Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by T0BY(m): 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2023
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2023
Forget political analyst. God will give us the right person.
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by SpecialAdviser(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2023
Keep dreaming. It's allowed
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2023
You nailed it. It’s atiku0’clock and it is divine, there’s nothing anyone can do about it. Masha Allah
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by MrMystrO(m): 5:00pm On Feb 07, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

I merely observe and analyse my friend, although there's nothing wrong with dreaming.
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by AtikuOkowa: 5:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Very smart person

Even if you are not a Northerner,I think you are close to them very tight.

Zero emotion with pure logic in Nigeria,it is only found in the region with highest IQ in Africa;The North
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by AtikuOkowa: 5:13pm On Feb 07, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

Afro-asians or Hamito-semetic or Northerners(In Nigeria) they dream a little and think big for they have the highest IQ in Africa.
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by JoeNL22(m): 5:49pm On Feb 07, 2023
MrMystrO:
Note: I am not a member of any political party, I have no affiliation with any candidate, I'm only here to analyse the current political realities in the country as a true political analyst would. So please, nothing here is personal.

1. Atiku is more Appealing to the North than Tinubu mainly because he's a full blodded Fulani Muslim just like Buhari. Whether we choose to see it or not, tribalism and ethnicity still plays a major role in our politics as a country, which is very very bad, but a sad reality. The truth is, the Northerners will always pick their own over another region and since they control VITAL institutions like Defence(most important), Law enforcement and even our electoral planning bodies, it's always a lot easier for them to install one of their own at the helm of affairs than it would be for any other region in this country. Even those thinking that kwankwaso will divide Northern votes are greatly underestimating the intelligence of the northerners, and that has always been an advantage for them.

2. Tinubus history with the North is in reality, not a good one especially when looking back to his NADECO days, his actions then aren't doing him any favours now. He supported moshood abiola in his fight against the northern military and political elites led by abatcha then of which this same buhari and a lot of people in his inner circle were a part of. He berated the Nigerian military and had to flee to the UK for safety at that time. He advocated for the dissolution of Nigeria as a country, Famously said he doesn't believe in one Nigeria and was a proponent of allowing the major regions autonomy to rule themselves, which this idea is such a taboo to even think of as long as the north is concerned. This historical baggage is one that he would be trying desperately to make the northerners forget but the north does not forget. This is also the reason why NO TRUE IGBO MAN can ever be allowed to be president as far as the northerners are concerned because the civil war and everything that came with it is still very fresh in their minds. I'm one of those people that happen to think that president buhari only used Tinubu to become president and has no plans whatsoever to hand over to him. Because even buhari knows that tinubu's historical baggage won't even allow him smell the presidency. Even tinubu knows this. And since buhari couldn't install his preferred candidate as flagbearer of the party, he'll rather hand over power to a northerner in another party, than to tinubu who is a core yoruba man with a lot of historical baggage from his past.

3. Between Atiku and Tinubu, Atiku is hated less by the masses and is not as generally dispised as tinubu. This will only stand to boost his credibility after He is announced as the winner. I can even see most Nigerians after the elections, especially obi supporters consoling themselves by saying at least it wasn't tinubu that won and so it's not totally a loss to them when in fact it is. Atiku is the STATUS QUO and Absolutely nothing will change or get better if he wins but I'm sure some Good willed Nigerians will celebrate his victory, not knowing that we are in for a long ride. But the fact that Atiku is less despised than tinubu in the eyes of the masses will help him greatly.

4.  In politics, Usually if you have contested for a position before, even if you lost the contest, that automatically gives you an edge in your next contest, especially if you're contesting against someone who hasn't contested for the same position before. Atiku Contested the presidential election against buhari in 2019. He was the main opposition candidate in that election and even up till now, still claims he won that election unlike Tinubu who hasn't contested for president before. if it wasnt for buhari, Atiku would have won that election and I still believe only buhari can defeat him at this time, there's no more buhari on the ballot to stop him.

5. The obi movement as I see it, has done more damage to Tinubu's public image than Atiku and his camp ever could have imagined or tried to do themselve, mainly because they (obidients) see tinubu as their main opposition and not Atiku. Look, whether you like it or not, Atiku is the only rival to tinubu in this election and ANYTHING that weakens Tinubu is only strengthening Atiku and vice versa. Frankly, I would have wished to see the obi online army take on Atiku more but oh well, here we are. Even though I personally believe that the obi movement I good for the country because for the first time, people in this country are looking beyond the known corrupt political establishment for leadership, it still falls short of a real movement that can truly take Nigeria back but that's a topic for another day. So for now, The atiku camp will take advantage of Tinubu's battered image in the media to further their agenda and take him one step closer to the presidency.

And so as a political Analyst, all I can say is that from my observations of the current trajectory of the political winds in the country, Its apparent to me that victory of Atiku Abubakar even though to me he's the worst out of all the presidential candidates (yes, even worse than Tinubu) is just inevitable.
Why can't an Igbo man become a president in Nigeria?
Are they not Nigerians? You refuse to let them go. You refuse to allow them to participate in the political process of the country. What are we teaching our children?, never to forgive and forget?, never to move on? Even in the bible, God said "in christ, you are a new creature, old things are pass away, and all things are to become new"
And lastly, your assertions are very wrong. Why? Because this 2023, we are all divided along ethnic and religious lines. Youths want to take back their country. The northern Christians wants to make a statement. A fulani can't be a president in 2023, Atiku is wasting his time. Nobody will remember your history when they are buying fuel at 400 naira, dollar at 800 naira and bag of rice at 50-60k. Hence, 1963 is not 1993 and definitely not 2023. A new Nigeria must emerge in 2023, And the old hags (Tinubu & Atiku) won't be part of it.
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by JoeNL22(m): 5:52pm On Feb 07, 2023
AtikuOkowa:
Very smart person

Even if you are not a Northerner,I think you are close to them very tight.

Zero emotion with pure logic in Nigeria,it is only found in the region with highest IQ in Africa;The North
And yet they are the poorest set of people in the poverty capital of world aka Nigeria. Dey play.....😂😂
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by ImpregnaTor(m): 6:31pm On Feb 07, 2023
Why will anyone even think Obi can win a presidential election in a country like Nigeria?

That level of delusion is only peculiar to the insane sad
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by MrMystrO(m): 7:28pm On Feb 07, 2023
ImpregnaTor:
Why will anyone even think Obi can win a presidential election in a country like Nigeria?

That level of delusion is only peculiar to the insane sad

Honestly, I don't even have an issue with Obi. I believe he's the most articulate and intellectually astute one out of the 3 main contenders, although not by as much as his supporters make it seem. But then the power balance in this country doesn't favour him and even if it did, I still don't believe he'll be able to substantially change the trajectory of the country. It'll take more than just being a little Articulate to Change a country like Nigeria.
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by MrMystrO(m): 7:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
JoeNL22:

Why can't an Igbo man become a president in Nigeria?
Are they not Nigerians? You refuse to let them go. You refuse to allow them to participate in the political process of the country. What are we teaching our children?, never to forgive and forget?, never to move on? Even in the bible, God said "in christ, you are a new creature, old things are pass away, and all things are to become new"
And lastly, your assertions are very wrong. Why? Because this 2023, we are all divided along ethnic and religious lines. Youths want to take back their country. The northern Christians wants to make a statement. A fulani can't be a president in 2023, Atiku is wasting his time. Nobody will remember your history when they are buying fuel at 400 naira, dollar at 800 naira and bag of rice at 50-60k. Hence, 1963 is not 1993 and definitely not 2023. A new Nigeria must emerge in 2023, And the old hags (Tinubu & Atiku) won't be part of it.

Thanks for sharing your views brother, I agree with your sentiments and Frankly, I wish things would happen the way you've predicted it. But just so you'd know my state of mind, go to my profile and check out the last political topics I created. You'll see that all I do here is predict political realities as they are, and then have fun trolling people who are too caught up in their own fantasies to see it. That's all I do here lol
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by JoeNL22(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2023
MrMystrO:

Thanks for sharing your views brother, I agree with your sentiments and Frankly, I wish things would happen the way you've predicted it. But just so you'd know my state of mind, go to my profile and check out the last political topics I created. You'll see that all I do here is predict political realities as they are, and then have fun trolling people who are too caught up in their own fantasies to see it. That's all I do here lol
Make the elections come sef. My blood dry hot. I wan show some old hags pepper
Re: Why Atiku Abubakar Will Be The Next President Of Nigeria. by Terabyteck(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2023
There's nothing special about this NOT North. OBJ defeated Northern Candidates, GEJ flocked both Atiku and Buhari in 2011 even when they where feeling marginalized.

It's only ACN and CPC meger in 2015 that brought Buhari a Northern candidate to power. It's idiotic for Southerners to feel that the north are too powerful.

(1) (Reply)

APC Presidential Rally In Abuja Today / Just In: Protest Rocks Port Harcourt, Rivers State Over Scarcity Of New Naira No / 2023 Presidential Election: LP Candidate - Peter Obi Addresses Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.