Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,943 members, 7,814,187 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead (43870 Views)

Soso Soberekon To JJC Skillz: "Your Husband Funke Akindele Is My Friend, Gigolo" / Funke Akindele Is No Longer Our Brand Ambassador - NCDC / Funke Akindele Is A Cast On Avengers (infinity Wars) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by nlfpmod: 10:05pm On Feb 07, 2023
The mother of Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele, is dead.

She died on Tuesday.

Funke’s older sister, Olubunmi Akindele, announced their mother’s death in a statement on Tuesday.

The statement read, “It is with heavy hearts, but in total submission to God Almighty, that the ADEBANJO and AKINDELE families announce the passing of their daughter, mother, grandmother and sister, DR. R B ADEBANJO-Akindele, which occurred on Tuesday 07 February 2023.

“May her gentle soul begin its rest eternal in peace. Amen. Obsequies in honour of her passing shall be announced in due course.”

The PUNCH reports that the Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has sympathised with the deputy governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Akindele, over the death of her mother.

Sanwo-Olu, in a statement issued by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Gboyega Akosile, on Tuesday, said it is difficult to find the right words to condole someone who lost a beloved person, noting that losing mothers is one of the deepest sorrows for man.

The governor prayed for peace, comfort, courage and love for Funke, his immediate siblings, and the Adebanjo and Akindele families as they mourn the deceased.

He said, “My heart goes out to Funke, friends of the Adebanjo and Akindele families on the demise of their daughter, mother and grandmother, Dr RB Adebanjo-Akindele who answered the ultimate call today, Tuesday, February 7, 2023.

“Death of loved ones, whenever it happens, is usually a very painful episode but we must be consoled by the good life lived by the deceased person. We should relish in the beautiful memories the dead left behind for us.

The governor urged the PDP deputy governorship candidate to be comforted by the good life that her late mother lived and continue to pray for the repose of the deceased.

“On behalf of my family and the good people of Lagos State, I hereby express my heartfelt condolences to the entire families and friends of Adebanjo and Akindele.

“May God grant the soul of the departed eternal rest and the families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss,” he added.

https://punchng.com/just-in-funke-akindeles-mum-is-dead/?amp

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by VeryWickedMan: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Politics & rituals.

107 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Olam09(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Damn..

In whatever you do, don't join protest oo.. Stay safe people..

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Isther: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP Mama

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Okiton: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
May her soul rest in peace

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by joshmee4real(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP

3 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Hendrixky: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Rest in peace

Why were we born in the first place if this is how we all gonna go

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by NaijaOlosho(f): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
undecided
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by lawnreigh(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP Mama, May God grant Funke Akindele Family the Fortitude to bear the Loss

28 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by 900warriorz: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
The mother no die all these while o even after several controversies Funke had..

She enter politics now gbam, her mama don die.

RIP to the dead cry

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP

So PDP don loose one vote sha

Anyway PDP can not even win lagos and the presidential election is between atiku and tinubu due to northern block vote

10 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by 900warriorz: 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Charisco(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
As the arrow no meet her, e come hit her mother. RIP MAMA...

If you know spiritual things behind politics, you won't argue

37 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by havenz(m): 10:06pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sweet mummy if money can make life live long and for ever, i know you will stay alive till end of the world. Rest in peace Ma and may Almighty comfort the people you left behind.

11 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Helpfromabove1(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Jan
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by maasoap(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by concho(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
VeryWickedMan:

Its is POssible

RIP to her
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by inoki247: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP....

Some people will still come and talk jargons or look for someone to accuse....

6 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by princeade86(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Eya.... RIP to the mother of incoming deputy governor of Lagos State.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Interiorplanner: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
RIP to great Mama

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by rocknation62(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
God bless the dead
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by money121(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Ok
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Emyogalanya: 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2023
Eyya mama jenifa is gone. She should just manage and rest in peace. Buhari and his APC crew una do well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Xx
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Lee99: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
She don use her mama plus up for this election make she for answer deputy governor 🌚🌚

Well make I still drop my own RIP

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Franchise21(m): 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
May her soul find eternal rest. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Hezzyluv: 10:08pm On Feb 07, 2023
Rip

Each time I remember how one would die sooner or later, it gat me thinking what's the real essence of life sef?

8 Likes

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Koyiy: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Rip to the death
Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by slipperyanus07: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
I no go beta for tinubu cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funke Akindele’s Mother, Adebanjo-Akindele, Is Dead by Hezzyluv: 10:09pm On Feb 07, 2023
Lee99:
She don use her mama plus up for this election make she for answer deputy governor 🌚🌚

Your mouth wide ooo shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Adewale Adeleke Had Sex With Pam In London" - Kiran Matharoo / Tiwa Savage’s Sexy Outfit To Vodafone Ghana Music Awards / Ooni's Wife, Shilekunola Ogunwusi With Her Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.