Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Do You know Aboh? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You know Aboh? (430 Views)

The Aboh Are The Most Powerful People In The Middle And Lower Niger / Okolie-Aboh Bags Chieftaincy Title: Don Okonkwo, Azubogu Celebrate Him / Solomon Akongfe Aboh Accused Of Sexually Molesting & Beating A Job Seeker (Graph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You know Aboh? by ScamHunter: 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2023
I have been reading some precolonial documents on how the early Europeans in Africa described "The Igbo Country" What struck me is that all the writings said that the largest pre-colonial Igbo city was Aboh. Nearly every writing of that period referred to Aboh as the chief town of the Igbo country.

I was really surprised because I've not even heard of an Igbo town called Aboh. My search showed me that Aboh is in present day Delta state.
The question want to ask is,

1) if Aboh was such a remarkable precolonial city, why don't we hear much about it?

2) Is anyone here from Aboh? Do you know how great your place was as a foremost Igbo city even before the advent of the Europeans?

3) What made Aboh prosperous at a time my part of Igbo lived as hamlets?

4) Why isn't Aboh as popular as it should be in Igbo land?

I'd like to know more about this place.
Re: Do You know Aboh? by ScamHunter: 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2023
Reservation
Re: Do You know Aboh? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2023
I have also heard the story of the Aboh in delta state which is situated then at the bank of the river Niger..
Another Aboh local government area exist in
Mbaise, Imo state

1 Like

Re: Do You know Aboh? by BloomingDale(f): 10:08pm On Feb 08, 2023
The Isokos were referred to as Igaboh by the colonials. Aboh means hand in Isoko and Awoh means legs. Awoh Kingdom is a monarchial system of rule under the Awoh of Ndoni in Rivers state.
Re: Do You know Aboh? by ScamHunter: 5:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
I don't mean the Aboh of Imo or Isoko, but the Igbo Aboh of Delta state.
Re: Do You know Aboh? by Ogbuefi2020: 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
There is another Aboh in Udi LGA, Enugu State
Re: Do You know Aboh? by ScamHunter: 7:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
More information please

(1) (Reply)

Traders In Calabar Reject Old Naira Notes / Deputy Governor Of Lagos State Gives Insights On Currency Swap / Should INEC Consider Ibos Languishing In Prisons In Asia Countries For Voting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.