Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,512 members, 7,812,593 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing (23649 Views)

Man Locks 2 Children Inside Water Drum For Eating Neighbour’s Food / Victor Ayorinde - Missing Boy - Found Dead. / 8-month-old Baby Found Dead Inside A Water Drum In Benin (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by NaijaCover(m): 12:53am On Feb 09, 2023
An 11-year-old missing boy, Joshua Sunday, has been found dead inside a drum in Asaba, the Delta State capital.

The deceased was found dead inside a drum containing water in his compound at Usonia street, back of Stephen Keshi Stadium, three days after he went missing.

Narrating the incident on Wednesday, February 8, 2023, the deceased?s mother, Christy Garuba, said her son went missing on Thursday, and was found dead on Sunday, February 5.

She alleged that her son was killed and brought back to the compound.

"I travel to the West part of the country, on my way coming back to Asaba on Thursday, February 2, I called my son Joshua informing him that I was coming back home; that was around 3pm; he was still in school for primary six lessons because he is preparing for common entrance (primary six exams. Because of fuel scarcity, we couldn't get fuel on time which delay my movement to Asaba", she told the Punch.

"I got to Asaba around 7 pm, entered the house, and immediately I saw my son?s slippers scattered on the ground but didn't see the boy. I asked my house help the whereabouts of Joshua and she said she suspected he went to charge his phone. I went to the place he normally goes to charge the phone, but he was not there."

"I started searching for my son everywhere but I didn't see him. It was in the evening I went to report the case at the A Division police station. After three days, I was told to go and check somewhere for my son, immediately I went out they called me back that they have seen my son. I went back to my compound and saw my son dead inside the drum in my corridor.

"Imagine the drum I collected water from to wash my face on Friday morning, was where they said they found my son. They killed him and sneaked him back inside the drum.

The grieving mother called on the security agency in the state to expedite action against the killers in order to give him justice.

Spokesperson of the State Police Command, SP Bright Edafe, who confirmed the incident said some suspects have been arrested;

The police are waiting for the autopsy to ascertain the cause of the boy's death. Some suspects have been arrested but now I cannot tell you the numbers of the suspects arrested, he added.

Source: https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/2/11-year-old-boy-found-dead-inside-water-drum-three-days-after-he-went-missing-in-delta-2.html

1 Like

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by NaijaCover(m): 12:54am On Feb 09, 2023
Another Terrible News, Coming From DELTA

Proudly Brought To You By
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Tboy222: 1:04am On Feb 09, 2023
He was obviously killed, a boy drowning in a drum when he isn't a baby.

44 Likes

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by NaijaCover(m): 1:06am On Feb 09, 2023
Tboy222:
He was obviously killed, a boy drowning in a drum when he isn't a baby.

See More Photos Via www.. com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Badabada(m): 1:38am On Feb 09, 2023
Its obvious he was killed. May God save us & our children frm unfriendly friend. RIP DUDE.

18 Likes

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by gaby(m): 2:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Murder is the case here...

Too bad this is Nigeria where all will be handed to God and buried with him.

Poor son, farewell.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by adecz: 4:29am On Feb 09, 2023
The house help should produce
some answers 😐😐😐

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 4:41am On Feb 09, 2023
RIP poor boy. It is really sad.

Some are already speculating murder... it might not be. It might have been an accident.

Reminds me of a day I heard a noise in a water drum. I opened it and I can't ever forget what I saw.

A chicken whether out of thirst or curiosity had fallen inside. Its eyes were blank and it was almost mad from struggling to keep its head above water and not drown. It's likely it hadn't slept nor ate for God knows how many days. The instinct to survive just kept it going. It had hypothermia with most of its feather gone. If I hadn't opened the drum that very second, it might have given up at any point.

Very few humans except very strong and excellent swimmers wouldn't drown almost immediately. The question is...

Was the water drum secure? It could have been a murder and it also could have been an accident. The evidence is inconclusive but some don't have the IQ to understand that.
Neckpresser101:
I'm not kidding here I almost died that way when I was a kid.

I went to fetch water from our blur long drum then then I slipped into the drum that was half filled upside-down

I was in the brink of drowning when a passer-by helped rescue me angry angry

I don't believe its murder. Its an accident

This is a personal story for those m0rons bleating like goats.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 4:41am On Feb 09, 2023
This link is for those not smart enough to figure out different possibilities.

In fact this particular case made me remember the Elisa Lam story.

Read it. She was found in a tank too. Case is so strange and still unsolved.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Elisa_Lam#:~:text=On%20February%2019%2C%202013%2C%20the,her%20parents%20on%20February%201

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by DaddyCoool: 4:51am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Some are already speculating murder... it might not be. It might have been an accident.

Reminds me of a day I heard a noise in a water drum. I opened it and I can't ever forget what I saw.

A chicken whether out of thirst or curiosity had fallen inside. Its eyes were blank and it was almost mad

A chicken?

1 Like

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 5:11am On Feb 09, 2023
DaddyCoool:

A chicken?

Write a full sentence.
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by DaddyCoool: 5:14am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Write a full sentence.

You are comparing a chicken to an 11-year-old boy?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 5:15am On Feb 09, 2023
DaddyCoool:

You are comparing a chicken to an 11-year-old boy?

How did I compare ?
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Chopet(m): 5:42am On Feb 09, 2023
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by DaddyCoool: 5:58am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

How did I compare ?

See below

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Franzinni: 6:31am On Feb 09, 2023
Murder is sounds like ... The house maid should be grilled for some answers

1 Like

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Bioko2: 6:56am On Feb 09, 2023
The boy was used for money ritual

Every yahoo boy in that neighbourhood is a suspect
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by backnbeta(f): 7:04am On Feb 09, 2023
It's murder! How did an 11-yr-old boy drown in a drumin his house? Did he trip and fall inside when he was pouring water and nobody heard him struggle or cry for help? How did he drown in the water drum without the mum hearing him struggle the day she returned home? Probably killed by a neighbor, kept by the neighbor and sneaker in to the drum when the mum went to the police station.they should check the neighbors and the house girl

10 Likes

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Bioko2: 7:41am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

A chicken whether out of thirst or curiosity had fallen inside. Its eyes were blank and it was almost mad from struggling to keep its head above water and not drown. It's likely it hadn't slept nor ate for God knows how many days. The instinct to survive just kept it going. It had hypothermia with most of its feather gone. If I hadn't opened the drum that very second, it might have given up at any point.

Very few humans except very strong and excellent swimmers wouldn't drown almost immediately. The question is...
Was the water drum secure?

Eleven year old boy and chicken na same size? Abi water drum na swimming pool?

You people just reason in absurd ways

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 7:43am On Feb 09, 2023
Bioko2:

Eleven year old boy and chicken na same size? Abi water drum na swimming pool?

You people just reason in absurd ways

Don't be daft. Do you know the size of the drum ?

You guys are just so stupid and close minded.... right up on this particular thread are 2 cases involving water drums.

1 man even put TWO children inside a water drum. Are you guys so daft you can't envision a BIG drum?

I swear Nigerians can really be daft. I didnt even say it wasn't a murder. I said evidence was inconclusive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Bioko2: 7:45am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Don't be daft. Do you know the size of the drum ?

No it's as big as a swimming pool. Idiot

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by TheChameleon: 8:05am On Feb 09, 2023
Bioko2:

Bioko2 to his useless homosexual father
No it's as big as a swimming pool. Idiot

Yes. He must be an idiot not to know there are drums big enough for a boy to drown in.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by princeade86(m): 8:34am On Feb 09, 2023
RIP
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Paybydollars(m): 8:34am On Feb 09, 2023
Scientific and autopsy need to be carried out.
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Hollyharjii: 8:34am On Feb 09, 2023
Hmmm, in another news, the boy don bullied someone
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by Patolucid: 8:35am On Feb 09, 2023
Rest easy soldier
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:35am On Feb 09, 2023
Wicked world
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by PointZerom: 8:36am On Feb 09, 2023
The house help is the first suspect. Scrutinize her before they kill her for cover up.
Re: 11-Year-Old Boy Found Dead Inside Water Drum Three Days After He Went Missing by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:37am On Feb 09, 2023
TheChameleon:

Write a full sentence.
a chicken to a boy of 11 years not even a toddler haba that don't just follow at all even if it's a 5 year old child, his or her first instinct will be to try to get out of the drum as for me I suspect foul play

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Offa Bank Robbery: Abba Kyari Denies Telling Suspect To Implicate Saraki / Maroko Police Officer Arrested For Extorting N40,000 From Man (photo) / 2 Policemen & 3 Bandits Killed As Suspected IPOB, ESN Attack Imo Police Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.