Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,393 members, 7,826,517 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Evil Happening In Uniport! (47653 Views)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by jaxxy(m): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2023
it's like a crime syndicate.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kingpele(m): 10:43am On Feb 10, 2023
Are u sure?
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by jameyjaggs: 10:43am On Feb 10, 2023
Assassinate one the rest will learn

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by diggindeep: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2023
We're our own evil. Not the government.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Jameszinchenkov: 10:44am On Feb 10, 2023
jimmyolasun:
naa this kain story we dey always give our papa whenever we fail for school.. murasi olodo come dey put am for crime.. cheesy
Thunder fire your father
I no blame you
Finish school first
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by FreeStuffsNG: 10:45am On Feb 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Thats the black man for you. As satanic and wicked as the devil
It is what you get for attending lowly rated glorified secondary schools chuke chuke 'universities'. Do not rub your personal low self esteem of being black on it. It has nothing with black race.

There are just 5 Universities in Nigeria; UNILAG, UI, OAU, ABU & UNN.

Most of you running away from top schools missed out because you are lazy not because you aint smart. You ran into the hands of equally lazy and corrupt lecturers you deserve. Quit SM and face your studies.

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by MindOnMatters00(m): 10:45am On Feb 10, 2023
Duchessree:
No lecturer will go around asking year 1 student to write their names and pay them so as to pass Chen 131.1 guy.
Senior colleague can go around deceiving gullible year 1 students that they know the lecturers and they should give them money so they can talk to the lecturers and pass them.
Reasons for mass failure in year 1 can be as a result of missing script or maybe they did not set past questions i.e that brought new questions for student.

As long as you are in year 1 as a uniport student in sciences you dont need to sort any lecturers to pass your exams.

The same dept of chemistry your insulting here, i have never had any carry over in any of their course, the least i has was a C and that was because they set new set of questions( Dem no repeat past questions) 😢😢😢😢

Even when me and my coursemates had an issue with a course in our year 2, we went to meet them and they helped us sort it out. we no pay shishi

Now I'm not saying lecturers do not collect sorting though but they dont go around forcing student to sort especially year 1 students in sciences in uniport.

You guys will not read neither will you go for tutorials, then when you fail you will start blaming the lecturers.

My year 1 was the easiest year for me, no be small pet them pet us, that was until we enter year 2 , and they started showing us the demons 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Year 1 questions that are mainly objectives and some subjectives .

Some lecturers do fail student they know personally though, but that is in higher level when they are taking only your dept.

But who know you for year 1, when about 3 faculty they learn for one small hall 🤣🤣🤣.

Are you a student in UNIPORT?

Did you do the course?

If you did, Did you pass the course?

IF YOUR ANSWER TO ANY OF THE ABOVE QUESTIONS IS NO,
THEN JUST KEEP SHUT... 🤫
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Guy shut up and read yr book. That's the department o graduated from for my first degree; I no pau one naira give anybody; and that time we had ppl like prof ogali and prof anusim. Prof anuisim must have first now; I think he started the tradition of ppl failing chem 131.2. That's organic chemistry one. And I graduated over 13 years ago. Read ur book and stop making excuses.

5 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Aremson14(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Lol, this particular course that year I remember. I feel a couple of things are responsible, 1) limited space on the exam paper to write so u need to carefully think about ur answers. Except if it has changed now 2)unnecessary hype by those tutorial masters.

How come medical sciences hardly complain?

Ps: passed this course with an A.. was scared as hell while writing and the pressure can make u make uneccesary mistakes. Had a first class graduate friend from from PIC who had an E in that course.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Adabestseason(m): 10:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Since i came to know UNIPORT no good innovation had ever came out from that school,this same country elsewhere professors are writing proposals for students to win international scholarships rarely are such emanated from her.They cannot even produce reputable graduates for the gas and gas sector in rivers state.Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by jimmyolasun: 10:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Jameszinchenkov:

Thunder fire your father
I no blame you
Finish school first

your father go see you just dey turn for grave.. if e don use you do ritual e life for better and not useless.. idiot dey tell me about school wey when i finish, your father dey give your mama quickie for stream to born you.. omo ale radarada cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kingBlaq: 10:49am On Feb 10, 2023
Unique Uniport, that course for ofrima that year..
I had a D upon all the jacking and most of my mates failed, my set in bch be like 350 and about 240 or more got carry overs no jokes
Good old days!!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by LordHarrizona(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2023
At op pls be careful with your quest to unveil those evil men in uniport do get tangible evidence before you can go to the authorities with your proofs!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by theamazonguru(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2023
gozzlin:
I expect nothing good outta Rivers State where everybody there is a cultist and involved in one crime or the other. The lecturers are all cultists.
I beg your pardon,not everyone, not everybody.
How can you just go on generalizing like that.

At least I know my self. I am not a cultist and I just finished a program at Uniport sef.

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kenji7586(m): 10:50am On Feb 10, 2023
Na lie e no happen you no read you where busy clubbing and looking for shima to kala goan read your book or mention the lecturer name I go forward am give appropriate authority for investigation.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Papichulostunne(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Please move this to the promise land
Very true.. it has been that way since.

Wrote mine in 2010 and they showed my set shege.

The painful thing is that it is the whole engineering faculty.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by olisaEze(m): 10:53am On Feb 10, 2023
Write the dean student affairs, copy DVC, Senate, VC, ProChancellor, Accurate Timekeeper and viewers at home, but you already know where that’ll leave you. People graduated from that department, so go find out from them how and graduate your @rse outta there like they did or better. cool
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kenex4ever(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

This is not true. I and many others did thesame course and made A's and B's without paying a dime.

Guy go and read so that you can pass.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by TenQ: 10:54am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

...,.. here!

This is a big accusation to make o!
1. I understand that lecturers are mandated to submit their marking schemes and guides as they submit their questions
2. Any student can request that their scripts be re-evaluated by writing to the VC through their Dean.
3. Committees are usually set up to review this and at least two separate markers are given the scripts to mark.
4. Evidence of arbitrary marks are sanctioned!

Is it that no one is asking that their scripts be re-evaluated?

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by GerogeI(m): 10:54am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

Apeal to the university senate for remark as a group, so you won't be victimized. Try to collect signature of up to 30 students for the letter. Ideally you should have a right to ask for remark.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by woleabayo(f): 10:56am On Feb 10, 2023
eni to mo way no mo iwe grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Pierced(f): 10:58am On Feb 10, 2023
Gerrard59:
There are some departments of that nature - Biochemistry, Chemistry and Geophysics in OAU, Chemistry in Uniuyo and Chemistry and Computer Science at my alma mater - they have a history of abysmal grades with lecturers who hate seeing students excel. For instance, in one of the departments in OAU, I mentioned, it has been a very long time first class grads convoked from it. Meanwhile, first-class grads are plentiful in Accounting and Chemical Engineering (has produced some of the overall BGS in the school). In mine, the dude who graduated with a first was lucky as he was not popular within the department until his final semester (had lots of Cs and even a D). Then, there were grumbling by lecturers stating "how come he is graduating with such when he is not an indigene?". However, the same people were at the helm of affairs when two indigenes had the chance to convoke as first class grads, but they made it seemingly impossible. Thankfully, the dude is now at NNPC. Luckily, my department was not (and is not) like that. We had quite a high number of first class grads compared to sister departments, and most weren't even indigenes.

My advice: if you cannot beat them or join them in what they do, let go and choose another department. In your search, assess how many first class grads convoked from the department, how many 2'1s it has produced, when was the last time she churned out a first class grad etc. With this, you can judge the mentality the lecturers have towards academically good students.

U forgot to mention zoology in OAU. Zoo should be the first.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by EDO5296(m): 11:00am On Feb 10, 2023
Oga shut up there.... You are talking rubbish. I'm certain you don't study you don't go to class even when you are in class you don't listen to the lecture Why won't you fail? Those that failed didn't study. I had A in that course and I didn't pay shit. so shut up

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by seborrhic: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

This story stopped being interesting and indeed childish at the point you said lecturers go around asking students that want to pass the course to come and pay.
So all these have been happening down the years and none of the several hundreds,based on the estimation of your narrative,have been bold enough or intelligent enough to get evidence against them.
Yes,there are lecturers that seek sorting in different ways before weak students will pass their courses,but if you dig deep,u would actually come to realise that 95% of students that sort are those that would still fail the course if marked by external examiners.
They now try to blackmail the lecturers by claiming demand for money or sexual favours as being the reason for their failures.
Even if a proper statistics is taken,it may even be that up to 60-70% pass the course,the hall looking jam-packed just gives a wrong statistics of the pass rate.
No matter what,even a drunken lecturer can not brazenly go about telling students to come and see him/her if they want to pass a course.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Okiemute101: 11:00am On Feb 10, 2023
On wike mandate, your chemistry lecturers stand... so sorry about this mahn... quaraption is ebrywhere
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Earthstorms(m): 11:02am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

I took chemistry courses from that department as an engineering student in the 90's

We had 3 lecturers then we called the 3 witches of chemistry, very wicked by our assessment then.

Students were always failing their courses. But you don't meet those lecturers until year 2.

But they were not collecting money from students, they were not just friendly and were not helpful. But if you read your books, you will pass.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ukaface(f): 11:02am On Feb 10, 2023
Woh! Everything for naija now na money
If you get the money pay am ooo
No stress yourself bruv! Who you wan report the matter give now?

If you can’t beat them you join them o. Finis!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by JoshTim: 11:03am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

No be like, my girlfriend told me the same. To see exam to write alone na war because of crowd(number of admitted and carry over students too much)
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Teymanhenry(f): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2023
The heart of man is bitterly wicked says the Bible. Permit me to ask, are the lecturers ghosts? Dem de do una these things and are still walking scotch free?
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Henricarter(m): 11:04am On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here! This one excuse you fail

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kelvindate(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2023
This op is just lazy and want to give excuses Incase he fails the course, I am a student of the Same uniport and lecturer cannot tell year 1 to come and sort them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.