Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Evil Happening In Uniport! (47652 Views)

See The Evil Happening In Uniport! / Serial Female Ex-Convict Thief Caught In UNIPORT Hostel (Pics, Video) / Students In Harvard University Vs Those In Uniport And Unical (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by favour32(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
Most lecturals dey do am and nai dem oyinbo take define say Satan dey black.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Duchessree(f): 1:08pm On Feb 10, 2023
Starpro87:

Chief, lecturers do it. It's happening.

I'm not saying lectures dont collect sorting, but in year 1 in sciences, you dont need to sort to pass your exams, their exams are very easy for students who study.
If you as a student did not read and you write rubbish , you can sort to get your A,B or C.
But as long as you're a year 1 student in sciences in uniport. You dont need to sort before you pass.
When you get to higher level then you can do as you like.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by OpinionCounts(m): 1:10pm On Feb 10, 2023
theamazonguru:

I beg your pardon,not everyone, not everybody.
How can you just go on generalizing like that.

At least I know my self. I am not a cultist and I just finished a program at Uniport sef.

Fallacy of hasty generalization.

Now you have made him feel alive.

You do not respond to the dead.

Does that comment look like a comment made by a living being?

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Jahwinaboy(m): 1:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
gozzlin:
I expect nothing good outta Rivers State where everybody there is a cultist and involved in one crime or the other. The lecturers are all cultists.
craze dey worry u for generalizing Rivers State. Fools like u na cancer to the people. Everybody na Olodo for your house and state.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Venom11(m): 1:14pm On Feb 10, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Thats the black man for you. As satanic and wicked as the devil
You de bleach abi... Cappin yenyen
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Duchessree(f): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jay16:
Who knows how you passed all your courses. Your gender no get wahala when it comes to Uniport, it's always in kind. You reason as if you don't know what's happening in Ofrima. Uniport and sorting na 5&6, no saint lecturer there either you sort or in kind. Is called missing script now not carry over. Imagine school where you have to sort to see your results. Go to Faculty of Social Sciences see wonders.

Guy, i know what's happening in ofrima, but year 1 students in sciences don't need to sort before they pass their exams. Their exams are easy to pass.
Well my faculty never suffer me sha, i no dey pay to see my result.
I don't know for other faculties but my faculty don't stress me. And i no get wahala i study hard before i write any exams.
Some of my course mate do sort sha, but before i will sort any course , then know the situation is very very very critical.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ppogba: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
ipobarecriminals:
sad go and petition ur Dean, HOD, VC, CSO, E/R.They''ll investigate it, call the lecturer in charge of the course plus una exam script.. Case closed. I once do this and the ASUU chairman recalled all my papers from 200-400L..No time for rubbish

This is whet the mini should have done instead of coming to Nairaland and saying " sunlight is the best disinfectant and the reason why I am bringing it to the public"".

Children that refuse to grow up.
No be only disinfectant. Na antibiotics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ppogba: 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It is what you get for attending lowly rated glorified secondary schools chuke chuke 'universities'. Do not rub your personal low self esteem of being black on it. It has nothing with black race.

There are just 5 Universities in Nigeria; UNILAG, UI, OAU, ABU & UNN.

Most of you running away from top schools missed out because you are lazy not because you aint smart. You ran into the hands of equally lazy and corrupt lecturers you deserve. Quit SM and face your studies.

This truth you vomited here is more bitter than chloroquine. Especially your last statement. You only failed to mention that when they leave secondary school with " assisted results", there is a bother called the bother of reality waiting for them somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by enomakos(m): 1:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
Nigeria lecturers for you
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Psoul(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Please move this to the promise land

I don't think you are very sure of this your allegation.
Lecturers going around asking for students that are willing to pass their exams and collecting their name.
Haba...has it become this bad?
Then, if you are sure that u passed exam that they failed you, you have the right to write to the Senate for remarking of your scripts.
If the lecturers are going around asking for money from student to pass their courses, silently make a video of such, create Twitter account and call him out if you do not want to report him to the school authority. With that, it will go trending and action will be taken by the school.

Exposing it here is just for fun. If u really want to expose it. get evidence and use Twitter and tag known bloggers and celebrities.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 1:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
Reinamaria:

So, what do you call what the whites did to blacks?
What rights/justification did they have to do what they did to blacks?

They had none.

Like I said, if situations were reversed, the whites would have had it worse. And slavery (REAL Slavery) may never have ended...
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 1:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
ebufa:

You naivety is embarrassing ! mumu the whiteman enslaved and colonized your black behind for over 400 years! you guys should try read nah!

My naïvety?

Lol. You can read, no doubt... comprehension is your weakness.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Lanxoe96(m): 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Noble4life:
My brother, do a video mentioning the names of the lecturers and put on Facebook and Tik tok. I was a victim in OAU some years ago. Stewpid lecturers 🙄🙄
Great Ife
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by ohil: 1:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Guy your story is not coordinated at all.
People like you don't come to class and at the end you want to pass. I knew Uniport. They are serious minded especially medical and related courses.
Guy bend down and study for your own benefit and forget about women in the campus. If your parents helped you to pass WAEC and JAMB exams your lucky. But this is the moment of reality. Proof your worth and stop writing rubbish. YOU FAILED THE COURSE ----GUY

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Lanxoe96(m): 1:57pm On Feb 10, 2023
gozzlin:
I expect nothing good outta Rivers State where everybody there is a cultist and involved in one crime or the other. The lecturers are all cultists.
Stop spewing trash please, how you gonna conclude that everybody in River State is cultist? That's so dumb!!!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Reinamaria(f): 2:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kaycee54321:

They had none.

Like I said, if situations were reversed, the whites would have had it worse. And slavery (REAL Slavery) may never have ended...

Stop excusing the whites.
Nothing could ever be worse than what they did to blacks.
A lifetime will never be enough to make up for the atrocities they committed against blacks.
To them, blacks were(are) lesser than animals.
Even till today, some of them treat dogs better than blacks.

What's your definition of "real slavery"?
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by TheGift: 2:07pm On Feb 10, 2023
This is sad.

I experienced this in my undergraduate years studying law at ABU.

It was Islamic Law, an elective I had to take. The simplest 200 level Law course, with a high level of failures and carry overs.

The lecturers name was Bambali. Very wicked lecturer

I was shocked when I failed it the first, time, I wrote it again in my 300L , my only carry over. I failed again. When I confronted Him about the "failure", even He expressed shock. H said He will get my exam sheet and check- nothing happened, i kept following up, nothing. Until one day He asked me why I was disturbing Him (Very evil Man).

I was so upset and determined not to take His bullshit, that I didn't take the carryover or exam, in 400L and 500L, even though I needed to clear it and get my certificate before i could go to Law School. I was hoping for a waiver, because it was an elective. But no waiver. ( I had tried to do the alternative elective, but they said cos it was a 2nd semester course i couldn't do it, as i did not have the intro covered). I didn't know how this was going to work out, but i was determined that it should.

Then, a miracle, for the first time, my school decided to do a 3rd Semester for people who had 2 carry overs or less to take lectures and rewrite exams. I decided to write it. A few days before the islamic law exam was to take place, i started seeing strange faces, they were people writing carry over exams for the umpteenth, many of them were even supposed to have graduated long before i gained admission to the faculty.

I chose not to waste my time reading for the exam. I just went through past questions the night before. Especially cos He repeats questions every year, yet people still fail. (Can you see that Bambali was a devilish Man?)

Any way, the evening before the exam, I was standing in front of the faculty and I saw Him approach, and He said "Mr. XYZ, what are you still doing here? (He was asking because my mates had already resumed at Law School a week before).

I looked Him straight in the eye and said, Mr Bambali, you are the one keeping me here. Immediately He looked away and walked away. (Stupid Man)

Next morning I went in to write the exams with a host of other old-timers on the Islamic Law carryover train. I already had my alternative plans laid out, for if I didn't pass the exams. I wrote it in half the time , and checked out of the hall. In a few hours the results were published, I passed. One week later, i was in Law School with the rest of my classmates, and the rest as they say is History.

I wish there was social media back then, I may have called Him out like you just did. Maybe you can start a petition in change.org ? I wish you all the very best.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Donpre(m): 2:42pm On Feb 10, 2023
This is a terrible accusation and the OP is playing with an expulsion if he is found out and cannot back these claims with proof

It's a dent on the university's name and reputation.

As a Uniport student in the sciences, I took CHM 131.2 as everybody else did(although far back as 2018) and

1. Never did anything of such happen
2. The course is hard, and I say this as someone who read the course work cover to cover more then 3 times and some materials and past questions. It was the hardest course of year 1
It was funny when the OP said it was an easy course.
3. Student who read and attend classes struggle with it, let alone the very unserious ones who don't even know the names of their lecturers
4. I had an A, and so did 100+ of my coursemates

The OP better have some substantial evidence or beg the mods to take this down. Make him no go carry him hand find trouble

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Chemlite: 2:43pm On Feb 10, 2023
Mandate2023:
Some of us if not most have passed thru d university......u r in year 1 and u r already complaining and giving excuses for ur failure.......u better face ur studies and mingle with d serious student......I studied physics in d university too.....u can't be studying chemistry and be wasting ur life on nairaland, there's no way u will make it

There's no way a lecturer will fail everybody not even if u know what u must have written

Thank you bro....

This is typical Nigerian mentality, when they fail or perform poorly, the lecturer is blamed for it but when they pass, it is their effort.

Students now prefer frivolous lifestyle to studying....

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by invinzible1: 3:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:
In the department of Chemistry, there's this course we take as a faculty course: General Chemistry II (Chem131.2). An easy course, quite easy, but with a huge number of failures. People are intentionally being given carry-overs by these very wicked lecturers. We wrote this course on the 4th of February, normally it shouldn't take more than one hall to contain the students writing it, but it took the whole 5 halls, full to the brim because of the number of students being given carry-overs unjustly, with more and more students trooping in to write this paper, imagine where invigilators stay to invigilate, that's where students were being squeezed in to write this exam cause of lack of space, and this is just my department alone.

After writing the exams, these chemistry lecturers move around looking for students who want to pass the exams, and asking them to write down their names and pay money, while they fail the rest students, even people who should make a perfect result are given a straight F! Isn't this beyond wickedness?! Even the devil cannot be this wicked!

Students would pass very difficult courses, write their projects and defend successfully, but still have this course holding them back, and one can't graduate without it, that's what these lecturers use to hold people back. You have U2016s still writing this course in 2023! People that ought to have finished with their masters. This is not even the height of this evil, even students who pay money which is almost half of the school fees for the whole year, to pass, are still being failed so that they'll pay another money again. And for those having extra year, you're also paying another school fees while you still remain in school. I'm telling you guys even the devil cannot be this wicked! But unfortunately this is happening in a whole UniPort!!

70% of people who have dropped out in my department alone, dropped out because of this course, how long should this evil keep happening? Just because of the few lecturers who want to enrich themselves at the detriment of the students and the image of the University. These students who have dropped out, imagine the stories they have to tell to students in other schools?

My philosophy of life is, anything you keep quiet to, you encourage, you not only encourage but you're part of it, I cannot keep quiet to this evil anymore!

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F. Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

I believe sunlight is the best disinfectant, exposing this to the public will put a stop to this evil. If it doesn't, I will be back here!

Lol, I remember this course in 2010, my friends taking this course usually complain. Anytime this results comes out the hostel will be quite massive failure. A dept can have 100Fs, remember when Oforka.. now dead use to take it and Agali.
So this failure still continue... Better sort it o.. then it was 6-10k.
Another one is chem 230....
Chai Ofrima people
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by invinzible1: 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
Duchessree:
No lecturer will go around asking year 1 student to write their names and pay them so as to pass Chen 131.1 guy.
Senior colleague can go around deceiving gullible year 1 students that they know the lecturers and they should give them money so they can talk to the lecturers and pass them.
Reasons for mass failure in year 1 can be as a result of missing script or maybe they did not set past questions i.e that brought new questions for student.

As long as you are in year 1 as a uniport student in sciences you dont need to sort any lecturers to pass your exams.

The same dept of chemistry your insulting here, i have never had any carry over in any of their course, the least i has was a C and that was because they set new set of questions( Dem no repeat past questions) 😢😢😢😢

Even when me and my coursemates had an issue with a course in our year 2, we went to meet them and they helped us sort it out. we no pay shishi

Now I'm not saying lecturers do not collect sorting though but they dont go around forcing student to sort especially year 1 students in sciences in uniport.

You guys will not read neither will you go for tutorials, then when you fail you will start blaming the lecturers.

My year 1 was the easiest year for me, no be small pet them pet us, that was until we enter year 2 , and they started showing us the demons 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Year 1 questions that are mainly objectives and some subjectives .

Some lecturers do fail student they know personally though, but that is in higher level when they are taking only your dept.

But who know you for year 1, when about 3 faculty they learn for one small hall 🤣🤣🤣.

Trash
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by invinzible1: 3:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It is what you get for attending lowly rated glorified secondary schools chuke chuke 'universities'. Do not rub your personal low self esteem of being black on it. It has nothing with black race.

There are just 5 Universities in Nigeria; UNILAG, UI, OAU, ABU & UNN.

Most of you running away from top schools missed out because you are lazy not because you aint smart. You ran into the hands of equally lazy and corrupt lecturers you deserve. Quit SM and face your studies.

Another trash from a foolish homo sapien

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Ogaonos: 4:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dripty:

Students are being failed unjustly! Imagine going for practicals, writing the tests and exams acing everything, only to get an F.Doesn't this contradict the essence of going to school?

thiz why i advocate for vocational schools .e don reach wen our parents need to be wise about their children higher learning .what d wise way? d wise way is after ur children has finish secondary sch.enrol them in a skill trainning course in a gud skill trainning centre let ur children learn a skill before going to higher institutes.
for example ur child want to learn computer science in university let him or her learn graphics design,typing ,photo editing before entering university WHY MOST OF OUR HIGHER INSTUTIONS DNT TRAIN STUDENT ON D SKILL ASPECT OF THEIR COURSE (IF IS A PRACTICAL COURSE) BUT EDUCATE U ON MERE THEORY ND PRINCIPLES DT HAS NO WEIGHT IN D JOB MARKET because RIGHT NOW NA SKILLS DEY GET U JOB QUICK IN NAIJA ND SOME CASE ABROAD.why i dey talk this be say pikin suppose get skill as plan b so dt if em bsc or master degree no wrk give am job .the skills e learn go give am wrk
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 4:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
Reinamaria:

Stop excusing the whites.
Nothing could ever be worse than what they did to blacks.
A lifetime will never be enough to make up for the atrocities they committed against blacks.
To them, blacks were(are) lesser than animals.
Even till today, some of them treat dogs better than blacks.

What's your definition of "real slavery"?

Madam, I stand by what I said.
If the Blacks were advanced and the whites were backward, we would be whipping them like dogs TILL TODAY.

Look at how blacks are treating fellow blacks in the name of tribalism, classism and religious bias.

Abeg no stress me.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dripty: 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
All of you saying here saying other wise, you guys are completely ignorant, and I will not engage with your ignorance, you mean something I witnessed with my own eyes is a lie?!

Note that some departments are singled out for failure while others aren't, this is done on purpose. I'm 100% sure of this. And some students have already started paying to pass this same course. What a shame!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dripty: 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Rosaline5000:
This shit is everywhere, there was one course then that fails student anyhow, funny it was Physics and the same physical science course.
You will see people that have supposed to have graduated writing the exams.
One of my friend carried the exam for 4 years fortunately she was in a six years department but the course was taking space until a guy approached her, the guy was one of those students that follows lecturer, he told her if she paid 10k then she could pass the course.
That was how my friend paid 10k, wrote her name and Mat No and she got a "B" in the course.

She regretted in not paying early and wasting her time for years, the guy even told her the prizes for chemistry and Maths, he told her if you have enough money no need to read and stress yourself, just pay and pass

This is exactly what I'm talking about!
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by OChimex: 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Kaycee54321:

I keep saying it...if the blacks were as advanced as the whites...and the whites were as backward as the blacks; The blacks would have enslaved the whites. Asin, full blown slavery with whippings & tortures. It won't even be hidden/covert.

There should be a genetic explanation...but the whites who would do this experiment, won't want to be offensive with the results; so they're just overt with their discrimination by their stringent visa rules for some selected countries & individual sieving of applicants...

You are so correct bro. So damn correct. This was the reason, when I first came to the US I moved to the White populated neighborhood. I haven’t regretted it. They have treated me so well, all my coworkers, both present and past. Everywhere is so damn safer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Dripty: 4:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
invinzible1:

Trash
I didn't even reply to that person, she's talking utter rubbish.
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by titigenius: 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
gozzlin:
not everyone sir
Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by Kaycee54321(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
OChimex:

You are so correct bro. So damn correct. This was the reason, when I first came to the US I moved to the White populated neighborhood. I haven’t regretted it. They have treated me so well, all my coworkers, both present and past. Everywhere is so damn safer.

I'm telling you man. I got people abroad. ALL of them say that the worst form of discrimination they've ever faced were in the hands of naturalized blacks. US, UK, Canada... especially that US. The way the "Black Americans" treat their fellow Negroes from "Africa" is sickening...

Whitie fit dey do passive racism...the Blacks openly and shamelessly show theirs...to their fellow BLACKS.

1 Like

Re: See The Evil Happening In Uniport! by kel4soft: 4:45pm On Feb 10, 2023
I thought the Profs were the reasons for the failures?
Things never change in that school. Even if they give me 100% tuition free in that school. I will never go for Postgraduate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ganiyat Tijani-Adenle: My Experience In Office Of UNILAG Professor, Lai Olurode / Exam Hall & Condition In FUTO (photo) / Brutal Flogging Of Students: Kwara Govt Opens Probe, Suspends Madrasa Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.