Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

How Is Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is Power Supply In Your Area? (12942 Views)

Drop In Power: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? / Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / Do You Have Power Supply In Your Vicinity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by sliky09: 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
My area the light is okay, we get 10 hours during the day, and of course overnight, very stable.

But I hear that in Egbeda in Lagos, that their light is very stable, can anyone confirm it?

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by FolaAk: 7:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

Even petrol for generator wont matter

So my powe supply is permanent

How much WILL THIS COST

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by blesoh(f): 8:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Last week was terrible it was only low voltage but the past two days it's like NEPA forgot to off the switch to my street. Light dey for almost 20hrs

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by FaruqMadridCr7(m): 8:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tonyalchemy:
It's so terrible to be honest...

Most times I just rely on my powerstation to carry me through the day.
Nice

Pls what type of powerstation are you using?
I'm planning to get one too for my laptop alone but omohh, it's really expensive
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by captainbangz: 8:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Near perfect! If interruption goes for more than 3mins, then there is an issue.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by captainbangz: 8:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
karmaolu1:
in my area Ussa L.G.A of Taraba State. We do have stable power supply of 19-22 hrs of power supply.
In Lissam? we get more than 23hrs in Ticwo.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Olushylay1(f): 8:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
No light in my area(Ibadan)Jericho /iletuntun area

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by TheMensch(m): 9:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
About 3 - 6 hours cumulatively per week
Some weeks the light will just be useless,, cuz it'll either be too low to even charge phone, or too high to damage even an electric iron.

If they give light straight three hours a day, prepare for blackout for the rest of the week.

undecided

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by karmaolu1(m): 9:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
yeap, in Lissam.
captainbangz:
In Lissam? we get more than 23hrs in Ticwo.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Coiner: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:
A 5 K.V.A inverter plugged to 2 12V, 200Amps batteries powered by 8 320watts solar panels and you won't ask this question again.

How much would this cost pls

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Lucasusoro24: 9:12pm On Feb 09, 2023
We’ve had light non stop since on Tuesday till this very moment,I stay in akwa ibom

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by dalass(f): 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

@ Mynd44, like how much will this solar setup cost please?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 9:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

Pls how do i fix this...and how much may be Mt budget

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by bajosky: 9:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
my side na Calabar,it's horrible and pathetic they give light twice a week that accumulates up to 7hrs if they are in a good mood but anytime you have Constant light for about 10hrs you have to go pay your MANDATORY COPY AND PASTE BILLS FOR THE STREET/AREA.
And if you fail to pay below their Customized mandatory COPY AND PASTE BILLS you Stand disconnected with an Excuse of underpayment .
right before me a compound made payment of ₦8,000 against mandatory COPY AND PASTE ₦13,000 they were disconnected and they pleaded that some tenants have traveled yet they were told to balance up ₦5,000 but they rallied ₦3,000 but was rejected and they are currently in the dark of which the wicked APC/PDP recruited NEPA staffs keeps boasting that you must pay exactly or above your bills🤔,or you remain in the dark so far you do see light it doesn't matter how many times but how you comply with payments AND ARE ALWAYS FULL OF THEMSELVES THAT WORKING TO MEET THEIR TARGETS OF AFFLICTING THE MASSES BY PROXY is their priority.
Let's vote Labour Party coz APC &PDP has abandoned us in the dark concerning one of the basic amenties every God fearing govt can render to it's Citizens.🙏
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by freshboy88(m): 9:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Dangrace01:

Okota road used to be good but its now something else

Some part of okokomaiko dey get steady light

An average of 14hrs/day is good to me. Or is it better than that at Okoko?
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by freshboy88(m): 9:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
TheMensch:
About 3 - 6 hours cumulatively per week
Some weeks the light will just be useless,, cuz it'll either be too low to even charge phone, or too high to damage even an electric iron.

If they give light straight three hours a day, prepare for blackout for the rest of the week.

undecided

So sad.

It used to be better than this about 2yrs ago. Then I stayed at the estate behind Chicken Republic, opp the white garment church.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nefort: 10:01pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mynd44:

Can it power a fridge comfortably?

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by mikemiyaki: 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nothing to write home about. Uyo, Akwa Ibom State
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by eedimo(m): 11:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
ObosiUkwalla:

shut it. Maiduguri have not had power since 2021 that Boko haram blew the transmitting line into the state.
Really?
Where do you leave in Maiduguri?
Cos you need to relocate ASAP
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by eedimo(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
Hatrick01:
ur family?

Isnt that dangerous?
I thought it was only u.

What if this illitrate boko haram strike, are ur family safe?

No be say u no know say dem hate we southeners.
Forget the media, no cause for alarm
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:31am On Feb 10, 2023
eteebanky1:

Thanks for this bro, you speak my mind One million inverter that will barely power your fan for 2 hours, it can't even power your freezer, iron or A.C
This is wrong, sire. There are countless customers we've fixed a solar system electricity for who are all happy today.
One started with 1kva due to skepticism, later he went, "engineer, this 1kva no do me again o, con do 2.5kva", and today he's enjoying 5kva.
Please, quash that thought. I can provide you with every information you need about solar. ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight is my contact, if you would like to know more.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Kizyte:
How much did it cost, bro?

Hi Kizyte, I'm Sunkanmi, and I'm into solar engineering. I'm willing to provide you with the info you need regarding this, including the pricing.
ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight is my whatsapp contact. Please reach out.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:36am On Feb 10, 2023
ModCaller:

8 320watts panels is an overkill. I hope it's not damaging those batteries.
It isn't. It's great in fact. It actually increases the lifespan of the battery by the function of the amount of solar panels you consider excess.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:38am On Feb 10, 2023
wisestman:

8 320watts panels on top 2 batteries of 200 amps. Wetin happen na. You are wasting current from those panels. Some are just there for decoration cos their contribution is not needed.

It isn't. It's great in fact. It actually increases the lifespan of the battery by the function of the amount of solar panels you consider excess.

This provides optimum function. I bet he's not going to have issues with his solar in at least five years, as far as he doesn't overload it.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:38am On Feb 10, 2023
wisestman:

8 320watts panels on top 2 batteries of 200 amps. Wetin happen na. You are wasting current from those panels. Some are just there for decoration cos their contribution is not needed.

This provides optimum function. I bet he's not going to have issues with his solar in at least five years, as far as he doesn't overload it beyond capacity.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:43am On Feb 10, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Really? I’m already preparing myself for this? Working toward next month.
How much did yours cost?

The cost depends on the kinds and power of appliances you want to power NOETHNICITY, so it could be less, more or same. I can install a reliable solar system for you anywhere you're in the country, and I bet it will power your house efficiently, so that you go 100% off-grid.

My whatsapp contact is ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight and haybhieeee@gmail.
Please reach out and let's do it for you.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Donald3d(m): 1:46am On Feb 10, 2023
haybhi1:

This provides optimum function. I bet he's not going to have issues with his solar in at least five years, as far as he doesn't overload it beyond capacity.

Hi you are very correct with your point on increasing the life span on the batteries , especially in day time.

I have a question I would appreciate if you chip in. I have 350 WATT Mono solar panels, each is just giving off a maximum of 4 Amps current , even on a very sunny day, is this normal ? . The rated current is 9 amps +
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:49am On Feb 10, 2023
samuelson06:

True. Which battery do you think is the best right now?

Afritek is fine, Powermax equally is, and so is Lumitech. These are tall tubular batteries, wet cell.

Although the best and most recommendable battery types are the Lithium ion, they are more expensive. However, they offer the most cost-effective and most durable service of any type.

My whatsapp contact is ZeroNineZeroTwoOne SevenSix EightZeroZeroEight and haybhieeee@gmail.
Please reach out and let's get you supplied best batteries.
Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 1:53am On Feb 10, 2023
Skillsnigeria:

grin something wey you never use before, you dey criticize it. Have been living on solar for many years now, it power all my electronic gadgets including hotplate and fridge. I even use inverter AC, solar get capacity. I guess you are talking about all this solar lighting kits

God bless you. He's definitely talking about the solar lightning kits.

Anyway I'm curious, you must have invested quite a fortune in your solar system, and I bet that's the best thing for anything - business, office, residence, farming,... 100% solar is the best.

You must be using between 10-15kva for all these high-energy appliances.

1 Like

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 2:02am On Feb 10, 2023
dustmalik:
Approximately how much is the whole setup?
FolaAk:
How much WILL THIS COST
Coiner:
How much would this cost pls
dalass:
Mynd44, like how much will this solar setup cost please?
JOHNFBOSCO:
Pls how do i fix this...and how much may be Mt budget

The cost depends on the kinds and power of appliances you want to power, so it could be less, more or same in cost. AC, pumping machine, iron and freezer are high-energy appliances and so need high watt solar system to power them. TV, lightening bulbs, chandeliers, fans and the likes are moderate-energy appliances and so would need less kva.
However, we make a reliable and flexible solar system, and thus you can manage all these appliances.

I can install a reliable solar system for you anywhere you're in the country, and I bet it will power your house efficiently, so that you go 100% off-grid.

Please reach out and I'll explain better, give you portfolio and fix it for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by haybhi1(m): 2:05am On Feb 10, 2023
obailala:
How long do your batteries last for before they get weak?... I mean their lifespan before you start thinking of replacement; 2 yrs, 3yrs, 4yrs?

This depends on your usage, your management etiquette, and your solar panels quantity, Obailala.

Your pocket doesn't matter much, we'll work around it, yet make sure you're getting the best value for your money.

Please reach out and I'll explain better, give you portfolio and fix it for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

#bayelsadecides: Diri, Sylva, Jonathan Cast Their Votes / Why PDP Has Not Sanctioned Wike – Ologbondiyan / Why Ganduje Can't Be Removed From Office Like Oshiomhole - APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.