Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,283 members, 7,826,113 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) (43709 Views)

Pope Approves Blessings For Same-sex Couples / Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Chris Oyakhilome: Churches Are Not Places Of Infection But Places Of Blessings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Feb 10, 2023
SuperSupremo:
■ Nothing is fact there,I read it and it really sound like one of the millions of blackmail against Arabs mainly because of Islam. Islam never said indulge in slave trade,it says free slaves and be rewarded. Besides there are many Christians Arabs too,Islam is not Arabs and Arabs are not Islam. Islam is for the whole makind and Jins.
1. Reality doesn't seem to sit well with you much, does it? The slave-trade is still ongoing right there in African even to this day, yet you think that by denying it, you can somehow make it all seem to not exist? undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:23am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:
■ I said Jesus and Christianity didn't bring any enlightenment into Europe. It actually destroyed Europe. It was in age of Christianity that different types of torture machines were built in Europe to kill non believers. It was in the age of Christianity that Europe went to the crusades and killed millions of people in the Middle East and Mediterranean. It was in the age of Christianity that Europe went for mass murderer in the inquisitions. It was in the age of Christianity that Europe burned scientific books and rejected science as the "knowledge of man" It was in the age of Christianity that if anything like a plague or pandemic occured in Europe, they'll say God is angry with them instead of looking for cure. It was in age of Christianity that Europe began enslaving our ancestors in Africa and America and justified it as the will of God. The list is endless. Again, tell me how Christianity enlightened Europe.
1. Again, Jesus Christ was not involved in enlightenment projects in Europe nor did He even teach anything about Europe. What He said, almost 2000 years ago, is that He was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 10, 2023
JASONjnr:
Sodom and Gomorrah will be seen like a clean city compare to what Europe is gradually becoming....

Recently, anyone can be identified as anything either as a living thing or non-living thing...
Gbamm cool
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Aaronsrod: 12:25am On Feb 10, 2023
Shancca:

It's the UK. I'm not bothered nor worried. People hardly go to Church in the UK. The Church are meant for old people. The ordained can do what they want with it.

What is this one saying shocked

If we do not stop their battimanology here and now they will come to Nigeria and turn us all gay.

We shall be exterminated in a generation and all go to hellfire forever.

Consider the grave implications of what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by musicwriter(m): 12:30am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Again, Jesus Christ was not involved in enlightenment projects in Europe nor did He even teach anything about Europe. What He said, almost 2000 years ago, is that He was sent by His Father only to the Lost sheep of Israel. undecided

Didn't know you believe the mythology at your age.

There was no Jesus. Jesus never existed at all. It's mythology!!

And if you're interested in books to help you understand the history of Christianity, plus how and why Jesus was invented, send me an email to: kemeticphilosophy@gmail

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:
■ Didn't know you believe the mythology at your age. There was no Jesus. Jesus never existed at all. It's mythology!! And if you're interested in books to help you understand the history of Christianity, plus how and why Jesus was invented, send me an email to: kemeticphilosophy@gmail
He never existed yet here you are desperately attempting to argue that He is to blame for it all. WOW! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by TakeNigeriaBack: 12:37am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Ogbeni, you too dey read the book upside down. The law you quoted is instead a part of the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. Just as it is foolish for a one who lives in Nigeria to abide instead by the Constitution of Ghana, it would also amount to foolishness for even a Christian living in Nigeria or anywhere else to abide by that Constitution which God gave only to the people of Israel in the land of Canaan. lipsrsealed

2. Those who belong to Jesus Christ are instead of a different Nation — The kingdom of God aka God's special Kingdom of Priests — and Jesus Christ pretty much said they can eat anything they choose and it would not defile them — Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 & Mark 7 vs 14 - 23 ; Jesus Christ is the Law which those who belong to Him are meant to abide by. undecided

U na don start u na gate shifting. U na foolish Christian god say make u na no eat shrimp say na abomination and you are here trying to defend committing abomination against your useless christian imported god. Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by musicwriter(m): 12:38am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
He never existed yet here you are attempting to blame it all on Him. WOW! undecided

Please stop derailing this thread.

My initial post was that Jesus and Christianity didn't bring any enlightenment into Europe. You haven't been able to tell me how they did. So, let's address one thing before jumping into another.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:41am On Feb 10, 2023
TakeNigeriaBack:
■ U na don start u na gate shifting.
■ U na foolish Christian god say make u na no eat shrimp say na abomination
■ and you are here trying to defend committing abomination against your useless christian imported god.
■ Shame on you!
1. What is written in that book is 1000s of years old, so, it's not my fault that you failed to grasp a detailed that hasn't changed at all over that period. undecided

2. YHWH, the one you quoted, isn't the God of "Christians", as He is instead the Law of Moses, the National Constitution of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20. Jesus Christ is instead the God of "Christians", God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God which His followers belong instead. And as I showed us, His Law does not bar His followers from eating pretty much whatever they want in following Him. undecided

3. How can He be imported when right there in Africa there are many whose roots can be traced to parts outside of Africa? Or are you one of those who like to think that if it is black, it has to be African and African alone? undecided

4. The shame here is instead on you for not grasping before now a fact that is 1000s of years old. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:42am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:
Please stop derailing this thread. My initial post was that Jesus and Christianity didn't bring any enlightenment into Europe. You haven't been able to tell me how they did. So, let's address one thing before jumping into another.
And my response was specifically that Jesus Christ had absolutely nothing to do with any of what you claimed there and even here. undecided
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by musicwriter(m): 12:46am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And my response was specifically that Jesus Christ had absolutely nothing to do with any of what you claimed there and even here. undecided

Jesus had everything to do with it. You heard about Jesus through them, through the bible they gave you to read.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:47am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:
Jesus had everything to do with it. You heard about Jesus through them, through the bible they gave you to read.
I may have heard about Him through them but that doesn't necessarily mean He, Jesus Christ, had anything — directly or indirectly —to do with them. undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by musicwriter(m): 12:49am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I may have heard about Him through them but that doesn't necessarily mean He, Jesus Christ, had anything — directly or indirectly —to do with them. undecided

That's the height of irrationality!!

Good bye
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 12:51am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:
■ That's the height of irrationality!! Good bye
Irrationality? So when you receive a book from someone, you automagically conclude that the book is about the one whom you received it from? undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by SIRTee15: 12:58am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:

With due respect, you don't know know what you're talking about.

On the contrary, your Jesus Christ actually destroyed knowledge in Europe because once Europe converted to Christianity (325 AD) they became irrational. They destroyed the works of people like Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras, Plutarch, Aristotle, etc claiming that their knowledge were evil.

In fact, till the 1600's, any scientific thought in Europe that disagreed with the bible was punishable by hanging. Scientists like Giordano Bruno were burned alive in the name of Jesus!! Everything was then attributed to God and not knowledge, so prosperity declined in Europe because they could no longer make rational use of the mind, just as religion has destroyed us in Africa today. Europe then descended to what's called the dark ages (starting 400 AD), that's 75 years after converting to Christianity. The dark ages was the worst time in history that Europe has ever been. It lasted for 1,000 years!! One thousand years of stupidity!!

In the dark ages, Europeans themselves said that all knowledge were lost, to the extent that people could no longer read or write. The reason all knowledge was lost is because people couldn't read anything else outside the bible. The works of people such as Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates, etc were lost. Europe then had to eat the humble pie and they went to the lands of the "pagans" in Africa and Arabia to literally steal books and knowledge, which they took back to Europe. But they didn't tell you that in your bible class or school.

Europe completely destroyed themselves with Christianity till they realized how ugly it is. They actually culturally and socially rejected Christianity and replaced it with scientific knowledge!! Once Europe discarded Jesus, beginning from what they call the renaissance period, and began to seek true knowledge outside the bible, they began to develop at a phenomenal speed.

All you have to do to verify what I've said here in order to correct the impression you have of Jesus bringing anything good to the world, is go to YouTube and watch the documentary: the dark ages in Europe. It's by history channel. You'll see white people themselves narrating what I just said here.

If you don't have data for YouTube, then search Google for:

1. The dark ages in Europe
(The age of Christianity in Europe, the age of ignorance and stupidity)

2. The renaissance period in Europe
(The age of questioning began in Europe. Some autodidacts like Africason began to question the way society works)

3. The enlightenment period in Europe
(Flood of knowledge began to spread like wildlife in Europe. Europe rejects Jesus, and further questioning led to scientific enquiry)

4. The scientific revolution in Europe
(Science became a part of life in Europe. Soon Europe became a world power and began to rule the world. Within this period, they rejects the bible God Jehovah too and they put their destiny in their own hands, and began replicating natural events like thunder, rainfall). This is when people like Fredric Niesche declared that "God is dead".

Read it in that order and you'll understand how Europe came out from savagery to civility.

You absolutely know nothing about Christian history in Europe.
FYI Isaac Newton was a man of faith, a devout Christian.
Gutenberg invented the printing press machine because he wanted mass circulation of the bible.
Queen Isabella of Spain and her husband sponsored Columbus trip to America because she wanted to spread the gospel to foreign lands. Colombia wasn't even Spanish but got the queen's attention because of her passion for evangelism.
Christianity and enlightenment brings about positivity in all endeavours of life. Separate both and what we have is darkness and amoral society.
The Renaissance didn't weaken Christianity on Europe, in fact it made it stronger. People could now practice their faith without undue pressure and burden from legalist but ignorant Catholic papal institutions.
The founding members of royal academy of science in 1660 were Christians.
William Wilberforce and other activist who advanced for abolition of slavery in the 18th century were Christians. They nearly pushed UK into bankruptcy by enforcing the ban across the west African coast, but those guys were determined because no cost was too high to pay for abolition of the inhuman practice.
Friedec Nietzsche and other philosophers didn't even come into the picture until the late 19th and 20th century when Christian Europe dominance was already established and globally unchallenged.

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Breadnote: 1:08am On Feb 10, 2023
sad one dou.it cool,immorality shud nt be publicized.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Probz(m): 1:12am On Feb 10, 2023
How far stuff like this (same-sex business) should be mixed with religion is up for debate (I’m not keen on the idea of them intermingling to this extent as it goes, not when the Bible makes itself so clear) but exaggerated homophobia in 2023 is a bit of a dead ting. You think it’s immoral, fine. But don’t go over the top with it.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Rotji(m): 1:19am On Feb 10, 2023
Wolves in sheep's clothing are now multiplying more and more

3 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by PotatoSalad(m): 1:21am On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
If God will forgive this generation of evil , then He will need to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrahundecided
What if the cities never existed and were meant to be tools of mind control. If you don't strike fear into people about the reward of doing good and consequences of doing bad, the world would have been destroyed long ago.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by doneback04: 1:23am On Feb 10, 2023
That man call Biden is evil the same way tinubu is evil
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by AyakaDunukofia: 1:29am On Feb 10, 2023
Homosexuality has been condemned from Biblical times. Christendom should not embrace it openly just as the Islamic, Jewish and traditional religions will never do that. And that is where the strictness of the three makes them an attractive option for moral uprightness.

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by SuperSupremo(m): 1:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. Reality doesn't seem to sit well with you much, does it? The slave-trade is still ongoing right there in African even to this day, yet you think that by denying it, you can somehow make it all seem to not exist? undecided
Tell me where does Islam promote slave trade.

I want to know pls.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Kobojunkie: 1:38am On Feb 10, 2023
SuperSupremo:
■ Tell me where does Islam promote slave trade.

I want to know pls.
The article tells you that it is about the Arab- Muslim trade. undecided

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by ifeanyiclement: 1:50am On Feb 10, 2023
Holiness2100:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkbTc9qXxKc

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11731667/Church-England-Synod-votes-favour-motion-offer-blessings-sex-couples.html
It should rather be a curse than a blessing, God's word is firm about sodomy and other sexual deviant behaviors. That is the reason Sodom and Gomorah were totally destroyed, the church of England should be warned that God can not be mocked

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Desusi: 2:02am On Feb 10, 2023
Jashub:
If God will forgive this generation of evil , then He will need to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrahundecided
Why? You think God is a man.?Apologizing to a man?A man for the punishment of his own sins?
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Desusi: 2:07am On Feb 10, 2023
Righthussle:
Mumu Africans go wan kill themselves over this news now.

Oyibo man wey introduced you to him god some years ago say their god dey OK with same sex Marriage, now you dey wan act like say you know the god pass the oyibo man wey introduce am to you. So Oyibo dey read fake bible na una dey read the original bible Abi.

Make una dey fool una self. Irredeemably colonized/brainwashed African fools.

Una go dey Africa dey call on god of Israel.

Oyibo man come your village come tell you say na god of Israel create you , you agree.

Oyibo man tell una say our fore fathers are evil, una agree.

Oyibo man tell una say their god need 10 percent of una MONEY , all of una agree.
I no blame you.Na wetin fall inside pit,na hmm say, make dem bring shovel come.!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Desusi: 2:10am On Feb 10, 2023
englishmart:
You can't bless what the Lord has cursed.
No my brother, for this one,the church of England is cursed.!

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by gloryman91: 2:11am On Feb 10, 2023
Praying African Christians receive senses and come back to the right and true Religion Islam.

May Allah touches everyone heart.

Say no to LGBTQ.
Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Yankee101: 2:16am On Feb 10, 2023
The church of England was founded on shaky foundations
The king wanted to divorce his wife and take another strange woman and the pope denied him

E vex go form im own church marry another woman

Same sex marriage is not Christianity
Una dey do nonsense not God's work

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Desusi: 2:16am On Feb 10, 2023
SuperSupremo:
You are a pathetic liar,Arabs never practiced slave trade in the East Africa,nonetheless that practice was acrossboard and who had more power did it more and it's the Western powers as a matter of fact,it has nothing to do with Islam,Arabs were great idol worshippers before the prophet if you didn't know.
Freeing slaves is encouraged in Islam and the first man to call for a prayer in Islam was a black slave freed and paid for by the first companion of Mohammed.

I dare you to show me where Jesus said he will die for mankind,biblically there is nothing like that,just the teaching of churches,Jesus was clearly asked way of heaven he said obey the commandments,he never said I will die to save you.
As for conversions Christianity comes nowhere close to Islam,Islam has been the fastest growing religion for a long time now and still is.

It doesn't even make sense to say God sent his son to be killed by His creations in other to forgive the creations,any serious Christian who read wide looking for God ends up being a Muslim.
Islamic God forgives any crime without any blood,He is the most merciful God.
Wow! preacher from the pit of hell!Sir,where do you get this your doctrines from?The end of everything is here already. Repent and believe the true gospel.

2 Likes

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Desusi: 2:23am On Feb 10, 2023
musicwriter:

With due respect, you don't know what you're talking about.

On the contrary, your Jesus Christ actually destroyed knowledge in Europe because once Europe converted to Christianity (325 AD) they became irrational. They destroyed the works of people like Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras, Plutarch, Aristotle, etc claiming that their knowledge were evil.

In fact, till the 1600's, any scientific thought in Europe that disagreed with the bible was punishable by hanging. Scientists like Giordano Bruno were burned alive in the name of Jesus!! Everything was then attributed to God and not knowledge, so prosperity declined in Europe because they could no longer make rational use of the mind, just as religion has destroyed us in Africa today. Europe then descended to what's called the dark ages (starting 400 AD), that's 75 years after converting to Christianity. The dark ages was the worst time in history that Europe has ever been. It lasted for 1,000 years!! One thousand years of stupidity!!

In the dark ages, Europeans themselves said that all knowledge were lost, to the extent that people could no longer read or write. The reason all knowledge was lost is because people couldn't read anything else outside the bible. The works of people such as Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates, etc were lost. Europe then had to eat the humble pie and they went to the lands of the "pagans" in Africa and Arabia to literally steal books and knowledge, which they took back to Europe. But they didn't tell you that in your bible class or school.

Europe completely destroyed themselves with Christianity till they realized how ugly it is. They actually culturally and socially rejected Christianity and replaced it with scientific knowledge!! Once Europe discarded Jesus, beginning from what they call the renaissance period, and began to seek true knowledge outside the bible, they began to develop at a phenomenal speed.

All you have to do to verify what I've said here in order to correct the impression you have of Jesus bringing anything good to the world, is go to YouTube and watch the documentary: the dark ages in Europe. It's by history channel. You'll see white people themselves narrating what I just said here.

If you don't have data for YouTube, then search Google for:

1. The dark ages in Europe
(The age of Christianity in Europe, the age of ignorance and stupidity)

2. The renaissance period in Europe
(The age of questioning began in Europe. Some autodidacts like Africason began to question the way society works)

3. The enlightenment period in Europe
(Flood of knowledge began to spread like wildlife in Europe. Europe rejects Jesus, and further questioning led to scientific enquiry)

4. The scientific revolution in Europe
(Science became a part of life in Europe. Soon Europe became a world power and began to rule the world. Within this period, they rejects the bible God Jehovah too and they put their destiny in their own hands, and began replicating natural events like thunder, rainfall). This is when people like Fredric Niesche declared that "God is dead".

Read it in that order and you'll understand how Europe came out from savagery to civility.
Yeah! Orisirisi.My God is alive o not dead.

1 Like

Re: Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) by Meekha(m): 2:27am On Feb 10, 2023
At this rate, Islam looks appealing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Church That Uses Calabash With Red Pieces To Collect Offering In Nigeria (Video) / Pastor Leke Adeboye Gifts Corn Seller N10k (Video) / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Wears N580k Guccify Hoodie On Visit To Cambridge (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.