Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? (31096 Views)

How Do I Politely Ask Her To Leave / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / I’m Pregnant For My Sister's Brother-In-Law. I’m Scared To Tell My Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by gfelo(m): 9:35am On Feb 10, 2023
if u are an idle person is going to be hard o, me like this hardly u meet me at home, get busy if he come and do not see u, he will stop coming
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Nobody: 9:36am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:
Nigerians and their pako English. Shior!

From your headline down to your post is giving me headache already.

Well, May God Help you struggling men oo!

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.

Wow! Some of your mates are already studying for their Ph.D.'s. I know several of them in the US. Nigerian girls like you. But look at you. Chai!
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by aktolly54(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

The Truth Is That Anytime he borrow Me Money We must Still Spend It Together Again because At Time I Use The Borrow I borrowed From Him to Buy Food stuff and If i Cook The Food we Will Still Finish It Together
drink small liquor so you can have liver to confront him about his attitude. So he has money to borrow you and can't use his money cook food for his own house? Invite girl come around always ,he will comfort himself whenever a girl is in your house and won't behave like glutton.

Just explain the situation to him in a amicable way, everyone understand. He need to understand both of you need to contribute to feed otherwise he should cook in his house before coming.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by gfelo(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2023
if na real friend he just look at u like say u just dey joke grin
mariobalotelli09:
Tell him to borrow you some money, that it's very urgent and u wouldn't mind a transfer. Try to touch his pocket if possible! He will never visit you again!!!
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by yemex04(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2023
If you don't have where to go which warrants him always meeting you at home then you should reciprocate the kind gesture by going to meet in first in wherever he calls home.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by TheNewAgeFarmer(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2023
Don't shut your friend out because of food. This phase will pass.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Boyooosa(m): 9:39am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.

Don't tell him to stop...

Help him to get engaged. Discuss on how he can get something doing that can give him food. Try all your best to secure a job for him if you can...

Be his friend as much as you can and allow God to help you both
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by McEphiks(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

Biko, sha... Stay away from relationship, don't come and put someone's daughter in abject poverty.

What has this got to do with relationship?

You don't have to exhibit your asinine sense of reasoning to the world, do you?

Issh! I'm allergic to deliberate stupidity.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by jimb(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2023
that kin guy dey later travel out..
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Rubbiish(m): 9:40am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:
I have this friend of mine who likes visiting my house every blessed day. Before that things were moving well, whenever he visited, he must demand for food and I usually make him happy by given him his needs.
Do not inconvenience yourself to please any friend o. If u have, u can give, but if u don't have, do not stress yourself. Do u know the funny thing about this, once this ur friend start making it, he will not even remember ur good deeds towards him or help u. He will only help his wife & kids. Help friends only when it is convenient! You can go out of your way to help family members, but not friends, do not stress yourself to help friends, It is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by mmaha: 9:40am On Feb 10, 2023
Dont stop your friend coming to your house. A popular saying Ä giver never lack". As he keep coming to your house it means he is going through top time. Ask him bros what is happening, you dont have a job or what? let me see how we can go about it. He will then explain better.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by faceland: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2023
dawnomike:
Start by stop offering him food...

He is no longer a guest... No more entertainment, he should be helping around.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Paracetamol01: 9:42am On Feb 10, 2023
You should visit him too at his own place often unannounced
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by seanwilliam(m): 9:42am On Feb 10, 2023
Medianna:
First of all you need to understand his intentions,
Is he genuinely in need of a friend or is he trying to take advantage of you kindness.
When you answer that question within yourself then you will know what to do.
To me if he genuinely needs you, don't hesitate to help out. Its not forever.
lol
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Khallicopyro: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2023
Medianna:
Is he genuinely in need of a friend or is he trying to take advantage of you kindness.
God bless you for that
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by jaxxy(m): 9:44am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

But now, everybody knows how Nigeria is. Since last week, this my friend never stopped coming to my house and I am the kind of guy that's struggling to survive and he Is Coming To my House to add His Problem To My Own Again.

The Things Is Disturbing my Mind But I Don't know What To Tell Him to Stop coming For Now.

Before I hastily judge him it might be due to his personal situation bt that is no reason to put his problems on u. If he's coming just to take stuff and not adding value tell him to reduce his coming or else he will drag u down with him.

He's being selfish and insensitive.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by engronwe22: 9:46am On Feb 10, 2023
The best thing is you should be going out every, whenever you notice he is coming to your house, you have to be going out too, don't allow him to meet you in the house, know exactly the time he normally come, go out before his arrival.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Rubbiish(m): 9:46am On Feb 10, 2023
mmaha:
Dont stop your friend coming to your house. A popular saying Ä giver never lack". As he keep coming to your house it means he is going through top time. Ask him bros what is happening, you dont have a job or what? let me see how we can go about it. He will then explain better.
Are there no beggars in your area?
Why are u not giving to them all, so u won't lack? If u don't give with sense in this life, u will suffer & those u helped won't help u, even if they are in position to, na then your eyes go clear!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by SamPeeLamen(m): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Oga Endurance, just endure, this too, shall pass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by wehdone(m): 9:47am On Feb 10, 2023
I don't know if you will see yhis reply, but I hope you do.

You said he comes to eat daily in your house? Reduce how often you cook. Let's say you normally cook what you will eat for 2-3 days... Try to cook noodles that will only last a meal. Don't cook stew, rice, soup, etc... Just a daily food portion at a time.

If he asks what's up that there's no food, tell him that things are a bit rough for you right now. Give him #150 to buy his owm noodles to cook.

Tomorrow, eat out before returning home. You could buy noodles to be cooked late in the night (when he has gone back to his place). By the time you do this for like a week, he will reduce the way he comes to your house (if he is a fake friend or if he just wants to leach on you).

Thirdly, you should also go to his house (before he comes to yours, behave the exact same way he behaves in your house. Listen to what he says, watch his body language, see what he does, etc... And act accordingly.

Finally, call him in advance and tell him you're expecting a visitor, that you will need some privacy this period... Invite your gf ar a trusted female friend to come stay with you all day. Bring different chics for like 3-5 days. He'll find another hobby and leave your house alone.

However, if after telling him you have some financial difficulty he keeps coming to see you, support you to buy food or brings food from his place (no matter how poor the food is), encourage you and tell you say e go better, etc (you know those things good friends say and do), please feed him and feed him well. He's a true friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by CosmicJames(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2023
KeyEndurance:

Thank God you have to give.
Pray to have more so you can continue to give.

Know that it is possible that it would have been the other way round.

According to your usename, endure. This time will pass and you will be fine.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by seanwilliam(m): 9:48am On Feb 10, 2023
It’s easy..
start complaining to him on how things are hard, ask start borrowing money from him without returning it.
Also start visiting him often too.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by UnfairLife7(m): 9:49am On Feb 10, 2023
KomonSense:

Olosho don drop quote of the Day...

Nonsense and ingredients
don't mistake her for your miserable mother and cheap sisters 😂
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by GorillaApp(m): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2023
mariobalotelli09:
Tell him to borrow you some money, that it's very urgent and u wouldn't mind a transfer. Try to touch his pocket if possible! He will never visit you again!!!
Omo this your sense na follow come o grin
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by fabolouz1(m): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2023
Be blunt with him, no need trying to please him and displease yourself .
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Imyourex(m): 9:52am On Feb 10, 2023
Jennyclay:

I don't get, first you attacked his grammar, next you attacked his pocket, I don't think you even read the guy's post, was he talking about relationship or his friend. Bia, everybody is struggling these days, don't accuse an innocent person.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Sweetvie: 9:55am On Feb 10, 2023
Country hard grin grin
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by olisaEze(m): 9:55am On Feb 10, 2023
You kuku look for somewhere to be going too! You’re always available at home that’s why he always comes calling. Next time he catches you at home, dress up and tell him you’re going out. He’ll get the message after you’ve done it to him more than once. But pray the roles don’t get reversed someday, because all it takes is one hurtful word to wipe away years of friendship. cool
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Quim2: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2023
Medianna:

Some things are forever until you stop them
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Sunny91(m): 9:57am On Feb 10, 2023
Wisdom is profitable to direct, Do not make any mistake to stop him from coming to your house the wisdom here is that advice him to get a job or regret your action later in the future.
Re: How Can I Politely Tell My Friend To Stop Coming To My House For Now? by Sweetvie: 9:57am On Feb 10, 2023
Rubbiish:

Are there no beggars in your area?
Why are u not giving to them all, so u won't lack? If u don't give with sense in this life, u will suffer & those u helped won't help u, even if they are in position to, na then your eyes go clear!
wotowoto😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Flies 1st Class, Makes Wife And Children Sit In Economy - Is It Right? / My Fiance Has A Child Out Of Wedlock. But Kept It A Secret From Me. / Oldest Woman In Benue Dies At 122 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.