Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

PDP Targets 40m New Members - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Targets 40m New Members (3828 Views)

Governorship Elections: PDP Targets Victory In 24 States / PDP Targets N500m Online Donations For Jonathan’s Campaign / PDP Targets Aliyu, Other ‘rebellious’ Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Targets 40m New Members by OAM4J: 4:41am On Sep 10, 2011
[size=13pt]PDP Targets 40m Members[/size]

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday said it was targeting to register 40 million Nigerians in its current registration and revalidation of membership exercise.

Speaking at a press conference at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja, the acting National Chairman, Alhaji Abubakar Kawu Baraje, said the party would welcome back members who dumped the PDP to run elections in other political parties in the last general elections.

Also, in an apparent reference to former President Olusegun Obasanjo who said the South-west would not let go the office of the Speaker of the House of Representatives that was zoned to it, the chairman said the issue of breach and violation of the zoning was a foregone issue and should be allowed to rest.

Baraje said: “As far as the PDP is concerned, we have put the issues of the violation of the party’s zoning arrangement that threw up Aminu Tambuwal as Speaker and Emeka Ihedioha as Deputy Speaker behind us.

“They have apologised and we have accepted their apology. When a child offends and knows that he has offended and apologises, you don’t go further to punish the child again. The punishment is that they have apologised and that the party has accepted their apology. So, we have put that behind us.”

Against the back ground that the former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, and Chief Ayo Fayoshe may be stopped from re-registering as members of PDP, Baraje said the party was throwing open the membership registration exercise to all members, whether they had left the party in the past or not.

“Let me use this opportunity to clarify the purpose of this exercise. The ongoing membership exercise is open to all Nigerians from 18 years and above who fulfil the criteria for membership of our party.

It is also an opportunity for current members to revalidate and renew their membership of our great party. It is not intended to witch-hunt or exclude anybody from our party,” he said.

Speaking further, Baraje said: “For the avoidance of doubt, our executives at all levels must be informed in clear terms that this is not a de-registration exercise, nor is it an opportunity for anyone to whimsically deny any Nigerian who is willing and ready to join our Party.”

He said the registration project was conceived to be an all-inclusive philosophy of the PDP and must be insulated from selfish interests and unwarranted controversies by uninformed and over zealous persons who may try to create unnecessary obstacles to those who genuinely want to be part of the Party.

“Let me warn very strongly that the National Working Committee shall take decisive actions against any member of the Executive Committees or group of individual at any level found to be engaged in unwholesome activities during this registration and membership revalidation exercise”, the acting national chairman warned.   

In this regard, he said: “All current members are required to update their membership dues. Members who have outstanding dues to pay must do so during this registration window if they are to remain bona fide members of the Party.

In states where, for whatever reasons, disputes exist as to who the authentic executives are at the ward, local government and state levels, specific instructions have been given to the National Vice Chairmen of the six geo-political zones and members of the National Working Committee from the National Secretariat who will be overseeing the smooth conduct of the exercise in the zones to ensure that the various ‘factions’ are brought together and encouraged to partake in this exercise with the view to arriving at a common register for our party in the states. This is what we refer to as ‘consolidation of registers’”.

He said that the registration and revalidation exercise was expected to end by December 7, with some days set aside for aggrieved members to address their grievances where necessary.

Baraje said that although, the current membership register put the registered members at 30 million, the party was targeting 40 million members in the on-going registration exercise.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pdp-targets-40m-members/98128/
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by ucheblue: 5:27am On Sep 10, 2011
Nigeria na waoo
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by ASANIGBO(m): 5:51am On Sep 10, 2011
POWER

TO

THE

PEOPLE

Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by ijigbamigb(m): 6:02am On Sep 10, 2011
Well, PDP can do it AGAIN.
Wont be suprised to find names like Christiano Ronaldo, Barack Obama, Jackie Chan on their new register, NA Today?
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:07am On Sep 10, 2011
Everybody needs 'traffic' grin
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by owobokiri(m): 6:35am On Sep 10, 2011
40 million? The most corrupt party around? In order words, what they are trying to say is that irrespective of the noise Nigerians make about corruption, there are over 40 million crooked minds waiting in the wings to join the parry. No be so? Akwei matala faa. Others will say; " if you cant beat them, you join them", but Nigerians will say; "if you cant join them, beg them". Everybody talks up a storm about corruption but once an oppurtuinity to join the looting shows up, there is a scramble.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:27am On Sep 10, 2011
ijigbamigb:

Well, PDP can do it AGAIN.
Wont be suprised to find names like Christiano Ronaldo, Barack Obama, Jackie Chan on their new register, NA Today?
lol.
40 million ko,1billion ni
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by teemon: 8:56am On Sep 10, 2011
owobokiri:

40 million? The most corrupt party around? In order words, what they are trying to say is that irrespective of the noise Nigerians make about corruption, there are over 40 million crooked minds waiting in the wings to join the parry. No be so? Akwei matala faa. Others will say; " if you cant beat them, you join them", but Nigerians will say; "if you cant join them, beg them". Everybody talks up a storm about corruption but once an oppurtuinity to join the looting shows up, there is a scramble.

Leave that thing jor!,a man will only consider himself just because he haven't had the chance to be tempted, ! lipsrsealed

For all i care PDP can get 50 million if they want o!
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 10, 2011
Well, they can do it. let's see whether they will be in power for 60 yrs.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by amaham(m): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2011
De number of eligible voters 4rm jega record is 67mill and dis bag or crooks want 40m out of it. Hell no!
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Orblonde: 10:23am On Sep 10, 2011
IF their plan work and millions volunteer to join this evil and heartless gang called PDP, then Nigeria will deserve what it gets, a soft state to a failed state, it will eventually become a place where foriegn powers will openly pick the nation apart like vultures that found a meaty kill. We are almost there, just watch this space
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Akanbiedu(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2011
Preparing the ground for future rigging.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by scopusng(m): 11:16am On Sep 10, 2011
Na today? I hope Mike Tyson's name will be there?
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by bashydemy(m): 11:28am On Sep 10, 2011
Another 40million rigging plan i no fit laugh oooo
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by vinderbilt: 11:29am On Sep 10, 2011
PDP is just like Facebook, obsessed with user/member growth,
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by seanet02: 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2011
40 million almajiris i think
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by AMINSCO(m): 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2011
The 40m PDP re lookn for does it include all the chickns,goats,sheeps
n pigs in OTTA FARM,cos thats only wen u can get does party members
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by mallorca(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
seanet02:

grin grin grin grin
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by 76Naira(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
What population of Nigeria is eligible to vote? How many are we sef? Kano still more populated than Lagos?
Madness in display. Mschw!!
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Nobody: 1:55pm On Sep 10, 2011
PDP!!! Power to the people. We can do it. You all should stop ranting. Dnt hate the party, hate the game of politics. Not every member of the party is corrupt. Get dat 2 your skulls!
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Abayomin70(m): 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2011
useless party
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by sammirano: 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2011
there is no sane mind currently in the party, and anyone intending to join should be checked for chronic psychiatric issues.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by eros(m): 2:29pm On Sep 10, 2011
Hmmmm!!!! I sense advanced rigging.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by webcam(m): 3:09pm On Sep 10, 2011
Another 40million BH member plan i no fit laugh oooo
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by rasputinn(m): 7:18pm On Sep 10, 2011
webcam:

Another 40million BH member plan i no fit laugh oooo
seanet02:

You thunk wrong,its CPC that grooms and habours almajiris and BH terrorists,dont forget their national leader is also the national head of boko haram
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by splitnaija(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2011
This is targeting additional 40million voters cards to aid rigging.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by itodoho(m): 12:55am On Sep 11, 2011
Emm, kay johnstone or abujazzy or wateva ur name is.this is no way of advertising on an internet forum.as a matter of fact,u've succeeded in pissing off quite a good number of people here.i am SICK AND TIRED of reading your posts on this forum.i see u here next time and you dont offer reasonable suggestions to topics here and i swear i'll report u to the moderator.take ur kabukabu geophysics elsewhere or walk into an ocean and keep on walking.who needs a geophysicst to bore a hole in this country anyway?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by 2mch(m): 12:58am On Sep 11, 2011
seanet02:

scopusng:

Na today? I hope Mike Tyson's name will be there?

grin grin grin grin grin

This must be without the SW, because the way PDP is going with OBJ seems that they have decided to focus their energies where they can still deceive people. So would it be safe to say the SW 27million, the rest of naija 40 million? cool
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by Depilot(m): 1:17am On Sep 11, 2011
This is possible.
All they need is to send Tinubu to jail for 5 yrs, slap Fashola around in Lagos and choke all ACN senators from Lagos with cash to close their eyes.

If Lagos slip off from ACN, I think ACN will be pretty much finished.
PDP should focus more on taking Lagos by all means.

CPC still represents the only hope we have today in Nigeria.
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by juman(m): 12:35pm On Sep 11, 2011
The Outcasters! grin
Re: PDP Targets 40m New Members by rasputinn(m): 10:02am On Sep 13, 2011
Depilot:

CPC still represents the

juman:

The Outcasters! grin

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Awka Anambra State Now wear a new look at night / BREAKING: Aso Rock Cabal Blocks Osinbajo From Signing 2017 Budget / 2019 Election: IBB Backs Atiku For President!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.