Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes (43597 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by sleemomymy: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.
OGA no look for trouble now. I send #5k for my mama she fit collect am. Tell me of which good is that?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/581070-exclusive-naira-crisis-emefiele-discloses-why-currency-redesign-policy-is-failing.html

Emefiele!!! God will Judge you! Zenith Bank!!! God will Punish you!!! Emefiele! You are the first CBN Governor that will run completely insane!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by JoeNL22(m): 11:07am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Whoever believes that naira swap will curb vote buying is myopic.

Because it is not only money that can be used to buy vote

Naira is not the only currency that politicians can use to buy vote. They use dollar also.
If they have an alternative, why are they now going to court?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by omonnakoda: 11:08am On Feb 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

You are quite silly.

So a politician will gather thousands of people to collect money to go and buy rice and oil from the same person or persons without exposing himself to the authorities?

Do you reason at all?

And to you a governor hiring people is the same thing? Is it not obvious that Wike used the machinery of the state - which is not available to the preside tial candidates?

Moreover did I say there is no way to circumvent the regulations at all? Or i pointed out that the assertion that one can convert massive amou ts of cash into goods legally is false?

Don't be a silly attention seeker all the time.
Your mother is silly
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by seunayantokun(m): 11:10am On Feb 11, 2023
Hear the yeye man o. The paper wey you buy before, you manage am well? Onye oshi!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Tom1960: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2023
Can you imagine! Emefiele is the worst CBN governor ever in Nigeria.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by sultry69(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2023
BeardedmeatR:
Emefiele wants tinubu's BP to rise again.
All Nigerians had knew that the hardship was caused by Emefailure,so Tinubu has nothing to worry about again.

Emefailure and the cabals are receiving the bashing and curse they deserve in their lives.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by SmartyPants(m): 11:11am On Feb 11, 2023
omonnakoda:

Your mother is silly

Boring, senseless clown!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by tunjilana: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.

You don't enforce things without ensuring the ground work exist...change is a process. Firstly do u knw the cost and charges associated with electronic transfers, how do u sustain that for low transactions like 100 naira, 200 naira, secondly do u knw the Internet coverage in Nigeria, thirdly do u know the literacy level, lastly do u even know what electricity looks like in some corners of the country....it is when the ground is right that you create policies like this....
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by brutal1(m): 11:12am On Feb 11, 2023
Check your head before calling people dumb. The question here is are you well? Ask yourself, is my head not paining me? Like abroad grin is your sense not on vacation in abroad like ds grin enforce cashless policy ..you should be enforced to use your brain...muguruza
SHIVA001:
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Nobody: 11:13am On Feb 11, 2023
After taking naira to dollar from N80 to now N750 the wicked soul has now completely moped up the naira for us . His whole life essence is to rise up to the position to inflict hardship on humanity and go back to hell where his likes belong.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Mitsurugi(m): 11:16am On Feb 11, 2023
Hndrrxxx:
shut yo damn mouth ‘fore you dropped, nigga

Oh now it's nigga. Agbero feeling funky 😂😂😂
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Jagsconcept887(m): 11:22am On Feb 11, 2023
Why does naira landers like recycling same news overtime?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Ofemmanu1: 11:22am On Feb 11, 2023
duro4chang:
The worst CBN governor in the history of Nigeria. Nothing in his head. Under his nose our currency crumbled.
CBN gov, Emefiewele abi na Elemiewere..

sorry Emefiemele...

E no go beta for CBN gov
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Dmama1991: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2023
I no fit laff.....o

*THE FUTURE WE ARE WORKING FOR:*

*(His Excellency, Mr Peter Obi as the President of Nigeria)*

*Chief of Staff:* Good morning, Your Excellency Sir

*Peter Obi:* Una with dis una Excellency, can't you just say Good morning sir.

*Chief of Staff:* Okay, Good morning sir.

*Peter Obi:* Good morning my brother, how is your family?

*Chief of Staff:* We are fine sir. Thank you sir.

*Peter Obi:* What's the update my brother.

*Chief of Staff:* I am here to brief you about the preparation for the forthcoming United Nation General Assembly in New York sir.

*Peter Obi:* Ok, go on pls

*Chief of Staff:* Sir, if ok by you, you will be departing Nigeria on Tuesday sir since the UNGA will be commencing on Thursday, this will give you ample time to relax, then you are scheduled to return back to the country on Monday though the General Assembly will close on Saturday. You know it won't be proper to hurry out of America sir.

*Peter Obi:* (Looking at the man with full attention)

*Chief of Staff:* Your Excellency Sir, you will be accompanied on your journey by 8 of your ministers, 6 state governors (1 from each of the geopolitical zones), 5 SSAs, 5 SAs, 5PAs and 15 security personnels. You shall be traveling with one of the finest Presidential Jets

*Peter Obi:* (Removes his eye glasses, feeling agitated)

*Chief of Staff:* Sir, we are also making arrangements with one of the biggest hotels in New York for the reservation of all the rooms in that hotel for you and members of your entourage. All together, SIX BILLION NAIRA will be expended on the trip.

*Peter Obi:* (Jumping up from his seat like a man stung by a deadly scorpion) Six what?

*Chief of Staff:* Six Billion Naira sir

*Peter Obi:* Come my friend it seems that you have gone mad. Do you know what you are talking about? N6,000,000,000 for just a 3-Day General Assembly. Do you know that with that amount (pulls out his calculator), we can build six housing estates in the 6 geopolitical zones for low income earners? Do you know that with that amount we can fund 12 federal universities with N500 million each? Do you know how many kilometers of roads that amount can handle? Do you know with N100 million each, N6 billion naira can fund 60 public secondary schools in our country? Do you ...

*Chief of Staff:* (Cuts in gently) But your Excellency ...

*Peter Obi:* (Angrily cuts in) See young man don't provoke me this morning. This is what will happen. We shall leave on Wednesday night and join them on Thursday morning and come back to Nigeria on Saturday as soon as the Assembly closes

*Chief of Staff:* But you Excellency . . .

*Peter Obi:* (Ignores him) I shall be traveling with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and my Special Adviser on Trades and Investment. Three of us only. Do you hear me, three of us only. The UN will provide security for us. As for Presidential Jet, don't worry about that, I have already spoken to my friend Onyema of Peace Airline, they have reserved three seats for us in the economy class so that I can have an opportunity to interact with Nigerians.

*Chief of Staff:* But your Excellency, what will people say when they see our president traveling on ordinary commercial airlines?

*Peter Obi:* What do they say when the Pope travels on commercial airlines? Yes, as for accommodation. I will call my friend, Mike Adenuga, he has a house in New York, we shall sleep there for three days. I know he will not say no. See my brother, there is no money to throw away, things are hard.

*Chief of Staff:* But your Excellency, what will I tell the governors and the other ministers, they are already getting ready for the journey.

*Peter Obi:* (Smiling) Tell them things are no longer the same

*Chief of Staff:* Thank you sir (Pick his things to leave)

*Peter Obi:* Bia, my friend, when next you bring this type of paper to my office for approval, you will be relieved of your position.

*Chief of Staff:* I am very sorry sir. Truly, truly, THINGS ARE NO LONGER THE SAME

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2023
duro4chang:
The worst CBN governor in the history of Nigeria. Nothing in his head. Under his nose our currency crumbled.
Exactly my thoughts
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by namo77: 11:23am On Feb 11, 2023
This is why Nigeria is a zoo.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Feb 11, 2023
SmartyPants:

Boring, senseless clown!
Your father is senseless
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by dalass(f): 11:24am On Feb 11, 2023
IgOga:
Not funny...this Emefiele dey behave like ipob...how you dey collect people old money but your nor get enough new money to give them and if not for pressure you set deadline for 31st January 2023.

God go expose your evil plans

This Ewele is psychotic!

Yet he was insisting on deadlines for swapping old notes while knowing that they didn't even have enough paper to print new notes..... The guy is mad oh grin

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Truthdeypain: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2023
APCHaram:

You people are very stupid if you think this is just for elections .

This policy will outlive elections and you will know suffering like never before .

Even if we go by you Osubidient logic and assume it's down to curbing vote buying, is the CBN in business to ensure credible elections ? Is tanking the economy and causing unnecessary hardship and sufferings trying to get cash for everyday transactions in a hyper inflated economy worth curbing vote buying ?

Fools

Your father is a greater fool for birthing an ethnic Igbophobic bigot like you. May your stupidity persist till infinity dumb fellow!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by TheManPregnant: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2023
seunmsg:
Like seriously, how’s Emefiele still the CBN governor?

Simply because he is doing the bidding of his master. Buhari is solely responsible for this.

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Truthdeypain: 11:33am On Feb 11, 2023
seunmsg:
Like seriously, how’s Emefiele still the CBN governor?

Useless Worthless fellow who lives for nothing but Tribalism and ethnic jingoism.

The cowardice and asslicking slavishness that runs in the blood of your father will not allow you to call out the name of the convener and original brain behind this policy ; Buhari.

All you are here screaming is crucify Emefiele simply because his name sounds IGBO, that's the only reason you are here killing yourself, you left Buhari who has done this before as a military president and you are calling Emefiele name, another fool who is simply a pawn in the hands of Buhari and his cabal.

You and your kith are some of the most stupid fellows to grave this planet. Dumb mofos. Kindly engrave these words in your heart "Your tribal bigot of a drug lord will never be president of Nigeria" Okpo!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2023
This man should just start preparing himself for a lengthy jail terms after Buhari's tenure. If not that Nigeria keeps lowering the standards, this incompetent man wouldn't have emerged as the governor of the CBN,it's really sad !

Ever since Mr Emefiele was appointed as the governor of the CBN,he has never been able to put in place or implement successfully,a monetary policy that's deliberately designed to aid the economic developments of Nigeria. Oh,where are the Ola Vincent of this world,the Soludos,I mean those great Economists with penchants for developments ?! Emefielle,aside from being incompetent,is a corrupt man,very political and a willing tool in the hands of those who deliberately,want to plunge Nigeria into a state of anarchy !

Who says cashless policy is not good with the arrays of benefits attached to it ? But the point is,the timing and methodology being adopted now to implement it is so wrong ! You can't be pushing for a critical monetary policy just a few days to a major general elections;that's a recipe for disaster and anarchy ! The truth is that if the nonsense,i mean the hardship that Nigerians are being subjected,if is it allowed to drag on for just few more days,there will be a major crisis across Nigeria ! Anyway,that's what the proponents/sponsors of this emergency cashless and currency redesign policy actually want.

There is no way the CBN won't allow both the old notes and the new one to run concurrently in the system and I'm very sure that a directive to the commercial banks to the effect will be given in a few days time. Failure to do that will ........hmm,e ni wo tan !

NB: The moniker that has been consistently quoting me on the subject matter,perhaps if you drop that childish tantrums of yours,we can have a decent discourse. You don't expect me to entertain someone who is not decent and obviously incapable of airing his opinions without throwing needless insults around. You need to grow up,man !
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Trustyourself: 11:37am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Tinubu for president

Olodo
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Trustyourself: 11:38am On Feb 11, 2023
IgOga:
Not funny...this Emefiele dey behave like ipob...how you dey collect people old money but your nor get enough new money to give them and if not for pressure you set deadline for 31st January 2023.

God go expose your evil plans

Ewu!
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Ogilinsaka: 11:40am On Feb 11, 2023
[quote author=Moh247 post=120811325][/quote]

Seun nlfpmod mynd44 lalasticlala...this member is bullying me
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:

Which abroad that transactions would declining multiple time,he should have done it phases 1000 first before 500 and print more of 100 and 50 notes
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by crisubanijunior(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2023
Naija and cruise
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Adrian98(m): 11:44am On Feb 11, 2023
Lol. Great Nigeria
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by ezechi242: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Whoever believes that naira swap will curb vote buying is myopic.

Because it is not only money that can be used to buy vote

Naira is not the only currency that politicians can use to buy vote. They use dollar also.

where will they get 50 billion dollers to buy votes .....na wa o
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Chetas81(m): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2023
YOU WILL RESIGNED IF YOU TRY THIS IN UNITED KINGDOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet / Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / Tony Elumelu & Children Celebrate His Wife, Awele On 51st Birthday (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.