Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,207 members, 7,822,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? (179 Views)

We Will Start Accepting Old Notes, Kano Supermarket Tells Ganduje / If You Are Still Accepting Old Naira Notes, ÒYÒ Is You State Na Dustbin E dey Go / Am Withdrawing The New And Old Naira Note (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by RotimiBliss: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2023
This is in my humble opinion about the issues surrounding the Naira swap. The CBN had initially issued Freb 10th for old notes to cease to be legal tender and supreme court's judgement has stopped that from taking effect. The FEC and other elder states men met and have agreed to wait till 15th.
Now the problem is some people have stopped collecting old notes requesting for the new notes knowing fully well that there are limited new notes, old notes are even difficult to get, cash transfer is a problem and CBN already confirmed that they don't have enough paper to print the currency demands that will alleviate this sufferings.
Why not, let we the common Nigerians accept the fact that the new notes won't be available soonest, lets continue accepting the old notes till we can lay our hands on the new notes. Let's not bring unnecessary hardship on ourselves, our businesses and services, means of feeding and transportation.

LETS ACCEPT THE OLD NOTES AT LEAST TILL 15TH, LET'S NOT BE OUR OWN PROBLEM.

My humble submission.
Re: Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by chiefolododo(m): 10:09am On Feb 11, 2023
The only institution that has a say is the CBN
Re: Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by olasaad(f): 10:12am On Feb 11, 2023
How many people even have the old notes? Are commercial Banks ready to put out the old notes? I don't think the State council meeting address this.
Re: Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by Felabrity: 10:14am On Feb 11, 2023
Nigerians will still be using it
Re: Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by Houseontherock1: 10:15am On Feb 11, 2023
No paper for the new notes. If you see old note, grab it
Re: Why Should We Stop Accepting Old Naira Notes ? by rickpat(m): 10:30am On Feb 11, 2023
I no just get strength for argument,the 50naira notes I was able to get is what I'm just spending peacefully...hence I only pay for goods and services and normally don't have change.... honestly I don tire...the few ATM when dey pay new notes...POS operators go crowd there,they constitute nuisance, trying and fighting to withdraw with multiple cards and all that...

for now,I have settled for the 50naira notes...

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Supporters Attacked With Machetes While Waiting For The Labour...... / El Rufai challanges Buhari,says all old naira notes still legal tender / The Politicians Recklessness & LAWLESSNESS Has Got To End In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.