Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,549 members, 7,847,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:38 PM

Abia Central 2023: Osisioma Ngwa For Odozi Obodo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Central 2023: Osisioma Ngwa For Odozi Obodo (198 Views)

Abaribe Reacts As Abia PDP Zones Guber Seat To Abia Central, Abia North / Abia Flyover @ 6! Lady 'Celebrates' Governor Ikpeazu's Osisioma-Aba Flyover / Pipeline Vandals Destroy Osisioma Ngwa 684 Times In Six Months- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abia Central 2023: Osisioma Ngwa For Odozi Obodo by Samonuigbo: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2023
The gospel of Odozi Obodo preceded Rep. Sam Onuigbo, the Senatorial Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the member representing Ikwuano/Umuahia North and South Federal Constituency, before his arrival at Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area of Abia State, and the people of Osisioma Ngwa were eager to keep spreading this gospel like wildfire on meeting Rep. Sam Onuigbo.

In a series of town hall meetings held across the length and breadth of Osisioma Local Government Area, Rep. Sam Onuigbo interacted with the masses, giving account of his stewardship as the member representing the great people of Ikwuano/Umuahia North and South Federal Constituency at the National Assembly.

Firstly, Rep. Onuigbo and his campaign team, in the company of Comr. Uwaoma Akomas, the APC State House of Assembly candidate for Osisioma Ngwa South, pulled up at World Bank Housing Estate, where he had a fruitful interaction with the people, taking stock of their challenges, and pleading for their support which would place him in a strategic position to help solve these challenges.

Residents who spoke commended Rep. Onuigbo for his sterling qualities, and wholeheartedly endorsed his senatorial bid.

Evang. Augustine Ibeabuchi, a resident, confessed that he had seen some of the projects in Rep. Onuigbo’s scorecard, but never knew who facilitated them until now.

“I and my colleagues are very happy that you came, and having listened to you, I can assure that you have our full support. All my life I’ve been seeing the same breed of politicians, but you are a different breed of politician. You are the type of leader that we have been missing and need at this critical point,” he said.

“You are a good man. Thank you for coming. Your coming today has raised a movement. Now relax and watch this movement spread like fire. We are strongly behind you,” said another resident, Sir Samuel Enemuo.

“My brother, this God that brought you here will carry you to the Senate and beyond. The God that started it will finish it. Remain the way you are and let God carry you. You have found your way into our hearts,” added an emotional Hon. Love Nnamani.

Next stop was at Umuode, where the people enthusiastically welcomed Rep Onuigbo. They assured him of their massive support, praying that God will lead him and the people of Abia Central to a glorious victory.

Moving on, the show of love and acceptance at Okpu Umuobo was huge. They danced with joy and hope, singing “it is best we follow Onuigbo.”

The tour came to a climax, as Rep. Sam Onuigbo met with Osisioma Ngwa Non-Indigenes Association.

“I would like to get your assistance in mobilizing people to go and help us win,” he told them.

The Osisioma Ngwa Non-Indigenes Association, having listened to and assessed Rep. Onuigbo’s stewardship, agreed to massively canvas for Rep. Onuigbo, assuring him that they have become stakeholders in the Odozi Obodo 2023 project, and would do all in their capacity to help him win.

“We are going to go to every nook and cranny of Osisioma Ngwa to tell them that we have seen the Messiah. We the Non-Indigenes make up the larger population of Osisioma Ngwa, and we are assuring you that as long as we still dwell here, you will get our unalloyed support,” declared the Chairman, Mr. Uchechukwu Onyejekwe, on behalf of the Association.

“You will get my support because you have proven that you are a good man, and that you have the experience and capacity to deliver on the mandate given to you,” said Mr Austin Dike, a member.

“While I go out to win more souls for you, there are six card-carrying members in my household. Consider these six votes as your sure votes,” promised another member, Sir. Prof. Jerry Amarikwa.

Telling an inspiring and emotional story of his climb out of obscurity, Rep. Onuigbo recalled his humble beginnings as a village boy in Obuohia Ibere:

“As a young boy, I was an intelligent student who had just passed his exams but couldn’t continue my studies due to lack of funds. But grace found me, walking me through the process of continuing my education, working as a school teacher, an auto-parts dealer, a technocrat at the United States Embassy, a Special Adviser to the then Speaker of the House of Representatives, and presently the lawmaker representing my federal constituency at the National Assembly. All these experiences have taught me to have trust in God and the process.”

“It also is my motivation for going into public service. As a matter of fact, I have been a community worker even before I became a public servant. When I was young, access to a secondary school was difficult. The experience of walking kilometers from my village in Obuohia Ibere to Ndoro to attend secondary school made me pledge that if God places me in a position of authority, one of the very first things I’ll do is to build a secondary school in my community, and I’m happy that I was able to achieve that. And because of my love for education, I have continued to facilitate the construction of several blocks of classrooms across my constituency, and assisting financially challenged students to push through their education.,” he said.

He went on to list several milestone achievements of his representation of the great people of Ikwuano/Umuahia North and South Federal Constituency to include the ongoing total reconstruction of the Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ikot Ekpene Federal Road which used to be a nightmare, massive erosion control projects at Umuopara and Okwe, a massive skills acquisition center at Ubakala, Umuahia South, and the training and empowerment of thousands of women and youths from Ikwuano/Umuahia Federal Constituency who are now economically self-sustained.

Other projects in the pipeline which have been designed, approved, and awaiting to be awarded are the Obuohia/Nkárí federal road, which he said will reduce journeying to Calabar from Abia State by one hour; the Abia State Federal Secretariat and a road from Amachara to Umudike which will have a flyover and proper dualization.

“I did some of these projects when I was in the opposition, and I have continued to perform as a member of the All Progressives Congress. This shows that performance is not about the party, but about the person.”

“I have come to seek your support to help me continue to provide quality leadership to the people. I desire to replicate and surpass in Abia Central the success that we have achieved in Ikwuano/Umuahia North and South Federal Constituency,” he told the people.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Lawyer Backs Northern Govs On Lawsuit Against New Naira / BREAKING: Ndudi Elumelu Denies Being Chased Away By Delta Community During Rally / Òbi Decongested Port During Abacha Regime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.