Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List (1070 Views)

Okonjo-iweala Named In N1.17b ‘suspicious’ Transfer / Those Who Returned Stolen Funds Will Be Named In Due Course – Buhari / GEJ, Madueke, Ayeni, Named In Fraudulent Oil contract That Cost Nigeria Billions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by Ovularia: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2011
Nigerian scientist named in MIT Technology Review list
By Agency reporter
Saturday, 10 Sep 2011

View All (14) Comment(s)
Post Comment
Twitter
Send to friend

A Nigerian, Yemi Adesokan, has been recognised by the Technology Review magazine as one of the TR35 Honoree Award recipients for 2011.

Technology Review is an independent media company owned by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.

The TR35 recognises the world’s top innovators under the age of 35, spanning energy, medicine, computing, communications, nanotechnology, and other emerging fields.

Adesokan, who is also the founder of Pathogenica Inc., was selected as a member of the TR35 class of 2011 by a panel of expert judges and the editorial staff of Technology Review, who evaluated more than 300 nominations.

He is being honored for his work in the application of next generation sequencing to clinical diagnostics. He will join other TR35 honorees in discussing their achievements at the Emtech MIT 2011 conference, taking place at the MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, October 18 to 19, 2011.

http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109102542515
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by buzugee(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2011
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by emofine(f): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2011
Great stuff! but shouldn't this be in the education or technology section . . . just saying. . .
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2011
emofine:

Great stuff! but shouldn't this be in the education or technology section . . . just saying. . .

^^^ Hehehe grin. If you can't see the 'politics' in this post then you must be new to nairaland.

Kudos to Yemi though. Nigeria should be known abroad for achievements like this and not boko haram and senseless killings in the once peaceful Plateau State.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by ektbear: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2011
My nig (I don't know him at all personally, but my nig all the same)

TR-35 is pretty damn cool smiley
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by SEFAGO(m): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

My nig (I don't know him at all personally, but my nig all the same)

TR-35 is pretty damn cool smiley

LOL at my Nig, major fail at attempts to sound cool.

Anyways why are Yoruba Nigerian people so smart.
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by ektbear: 1:04pm On Sep 11, 2011
SEFAGO:

LOL at my Nig, major fail at attempts to sound cool.

Anyways why are Yoruba Nigerian people so smart.

Hehe

I'm not too sure I'd place too much value on what you regard as "cool" or uncool. After all, you are a nerd, no?
Re: Nigerian Scientist Named In Mit Technology Review List by Pifa: 8:39pm On Sep 11, 2011
This would not be the first time a Nigerian scientist/engineer was named to the TR-35. In 2002, one Adekunle Adeyeye received the honor for his work on electron-spin technology. Mr. Adeleye received his formative education in Nigeria and went on to earn his doctorate at that venerable institution called Cavendish Laboratories in Cambridge, where he was elected a Junior Research Fellow. If you are a techie and are familiar with the development of atomic physics in the early to mid 1900s, you would know the significance of Cavendish in the world of atomic physics, and the imprimatur a research fellowship at Trinity College carries.

(1) (Reply)

Bizzare! : Abia State University Student Sacrifice / Video Documentary On Biafra / Explosive, 9jaconet Vindicated On Jackson’s Relationship With Eunice Orji Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.