Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands (46557 Views)

Banks, Businesses Comply With CBN Directive On Old Notes — But Shortage Persists / CBN Reversed Itself On Old Notes But Accused Media Of Fake News - Daily Trust / Old Naira Notes No Longer Acceptable In Nigeria Since February 10 - CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by iwaeda: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2023
TheSameGuy:
You'll que for 2h in coming days.

That's all I'll say
I don't have to. I only go there to transact. grin grin grin angry
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by emmykk(m): 1:49pm On Feb 14, 2023
madridguy:
Emefiele can stand on Feb. 20 all we don't care here in Lagos. We are still using our own cash here.

Just dey play....you are a poor man so you can afford to be using the money there.

If you have 2m of the old note your BP for dey high with this news
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Pascal9: 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
atobs4real:

Children that will kill you and your family?
back to sender
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by madridguy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nobody is even ready to deposit right now. We will be using the money till end of this year. So keep your bloody tears to yourself.

MANNABQHOTGRILL:

After using it make una go bank for deposit , una go shed blood no be tears, URCHIN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Solocoin: 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
Congratulations President Peter Gregory Obi, GCFR president Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by JealousCobra(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2023
madridguy:
Emefiele can stand on Feb. 20 all we don't care here in Lagos. We are still using our own cash here.

Just dey play.. hehehe, you go soon use your stinking old mattress take do trade by barter to soak garri🤣🤣🤣
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by MANNABQHOTGRILL: 1:52pm On Feb 14, 2023
[quote author=Agbadocassava post=120902054]

1diots like Obi supporters

…[/quote

Urchin ezi ofia
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by SouthSouth1914: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Maobichek:

You only accuse CBN governor exonerating PMB. PMB did the same thing when he was the military head but it's quite unfortunate the way people are not calling PMB out but Emefiele.

Thie currency redesign is fully PMB's policy while Emefiele is only there to present it before Nigerians. If you see Emefiele's security details currently you will know that PMB is leaving no stone unturn as regards to the naira redesign.

Those complaining should channel their frustration to PMB and not Emefiele, thank you.

Sad how someone can conclude without first reading thoroughly a piece you quoted. I will only respond to you once you completely read my response. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Jack500: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Alcatraz001:

Brother, the Nigerian youths will fight to death to reject Tinubu. You think we are joking?

Just dey play.

Says ibo youths. I am a youth and I am supporting Tinubu 100%, we go know who is who by Saturday.

You go received sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Ofunaofu: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
what then happens to Elrufai's bullion vans procured supreme court injunction
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Healthquest: 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
Jerrydox:
As at yesterday, there were transaction with the old currency in Onitsha, Anambra State.

What is now the fate of people like me with the old 500 naira? My 500 naira must not waste o.
ur money is legal tender at CBN.

pulled dem up and got any CBN Branch, they must change it for you or deposit it to ur bak acct.

That's what's in the CBN Act. Even after two years
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by madridguy(m): 1:53pm On Feb 14, 2023
I cannot boast of 1k accepted but if you know anyone with the 2m naira cash here in Lagos, abeg tell him or her to allow me to get him buyer for the money.

emmykk:

Just dey play....you are a poor man so you can afford to be using the money there.

If you have 2m of the old note your BP for dey high with this news
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Siramen2001(m): 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
After this change next election CBN should redesign every four years before election
Realists:
Son of Devil has spoken, this guy is a mole planted by those who sponsored the 1966 coup d'etat that destroyed Nigeria's growth and development.
What an evil excuse because you want to catch a Rat, you will set your farm on fire ?. Election will come and go but Nigeria's economy will feel the brunt of the Nyamiri village square economy system.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Sunnyja: 1:54pm On Feb 14, 2023
samonak:

Which Yeye swift transaction? I've been trying to buy airtime from my account since morning, I tried using the bank app, also tried using USSD no show, 75k I transferred since last week through First bank ATM card transfer has not reached the recipient, neither has it been reversed either. This useless people will just wake up one day and copy one policy from the west without taking our technological and infrastructural level into cognizance. Just look at how people are suffering! As if, make I carry 2X2 go wipe Emefiele for that him shining gorimapa bald head angry
People have been suffering for the past 8years but your BAT and some BATtered heads never said anything!
They are now displaying fake love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Ishilove: 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
Dey play. The old notes will keep circulating round and round in the system since you and your cronies are unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by madridguy(m): 1:56pm On Feb 14, 2023
I am sleeping on the floor, no mat nor mattress.

JealousCobra:

Just dey play.. hehehe, you go soon use your stinking old mattress take do trade by barter to soak garri🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Offpoint1: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
samonak:

Which Yeye swift transaction? I've been trying to buy airtime from my account since morning, I tried using the bank app, also tried using USSD no show, 75k I transferred since last week through First bank ATM card transfer has not reached the recipient, neither has it been reversed either. This useless people will just wake up one day and copy one policy from the west without taking our technological and infrastructural level into cognizance. Just look at how people are suffering! As if, make I carry 2X2 go wipe Emefiele for that him shining gorimapa bald head angry

Change comes with a price... it doesn't come at your convenient.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Pascal9: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2023
When buhari called council of state meeting, and after the recommendation, with the way state governors like elrufai and ganduje is behaving, even me, if I'm buhari I won't reverse the policy.lets see what their ranting will achieve, can elrufai that demolish peoples property in Abuja accept what he is doing to a sitting president, ganduje that forcedly remove a sitting emeir can he take it.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Offpoint1: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
atobs4real:

And your forefathers in the remote areas will survive this shit?
There's enough cash for them if you the educated act like one and embrace change.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Fawazzz: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
I am not affected by this CBN rule to a large extent, it has curbed some of my spending habits.
However, the environment is not ripe for what this man is trying to do and he is stubborn.

I just remember how he attacked aboki fx as the cause of rising foreign exchange

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by SenatePresdo(m): 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Realists:
Son of Devil has spoken, this guy is a mole planted by those who sponsored the 1966 coup d'etat that destroyed Nigeria's growth and development.
What an evil excuse because you want to catch a Rat, you will set your farm on fire ?. Election will come and go but Nigeria's economy will feel the brunt of the Nyamiri village square economy system.

Oga Tinubu is bigger than a cat, he's an Anconda, so setting the farm on fire is worth it.

Tinubu must hear word grin
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Pascal9: 1:58pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ishilove:
Dey play. The old notes will keep circulating round and round in the system since you and your cronies are unfortunate
it will circulate if you see who will accept it after today's directive
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Yabsun(m): 1:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Make I go rush use this my only #500 old note go buy plantain from this Aboki. E fit no hear this news yet.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Nwaide01: 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
iHart:
You are a bush meat. Because your parents still feed you, you don't know what businesses are going through. Go to local areas and see what the poor villagers are going through becuase of this naira crisis. Idoit!!!!
The question is what use is the currency that's not bankable to you.
Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by maasoap(m): 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2023
shugagurl:

Bold of you to think that I can't fend for myself because I'm a woman. Oga you were given 4 months but you chose to be stupid so enjoy your stupid prizes.

I didn't even notice that you're a woman, I know a lots of women who are responsible for themselves and their kids, sometimes complementing their husbands in financial needs. Those ones, I know what many of them are going through right now as a result of this inhuman policy and the way it was wickedly implemented.
You're not responsible for anyone not because you are a woman but because of your lack of understanding of hopelessness this wicked policy has caused.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by UncutSk(m): 2:02pm On Feb 14, 2023
Ogun kee emefiele

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by maasoap(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Nwaide01:
The question is what use is the currency that's not bankable to you.

Leave story. Emefiele thought today is February 10th, right? He is just trying to prove what he is, a stubborn goat.
Ordinary new notes, he couldn't get materials all over the world to print.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by maasoap(m): 2:05pm On Feb 14, 2023
Pascal9:
go and spend it again.

Of course, we are spending it and there is nothing he can do about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by 4ward4: 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
ecolime:
CBN will release all the printed notes after election. That's the plan.

The politicians already have it. I actually think it a ploy for vote buying. People are short of cash, if a politician on election day should bring a new 5k. People will gladly jump on the offer.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Ishilove: 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2023
Pascal9:
it will circulate if you see who will accept it after today's directive
They can threaten all they want but everyone I know is still transacting with the old notes. You want people to stop using the old notes and yet the new notes are not available. So what do you want us to use? Cowries? The plagues of Egypt fall upon any baga that tells me rubbish

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Skyehigher1: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
What knew is that we will spend this money till the end of this year and very soon emefiele sack or arrested. What I know is that your time is short in the Apex bank

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Emefiele: February 10 Deadline On Old Naira Notes Stands by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 14, 2023
Dis Man angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Waiting To Take Over Gtbank - Innoson Boss, Chukwuma / Starting A Waste Management And Recycling Plant / Man Spotted Seriously Praying For An Atm Machine To Dispense Out His Money(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.